[Skyrim] [Tutorial] Easy way to add a belly node to a body mesh.

Guest victorddp

Guest victorddp

Sure this already exists, but I've looked for some post in the forum and have not found it.

I was doing a femboy race, but first I wanted it to have an inflatable belly for Fill Her Up, as there was no body mesh with flat chest and scalable belly node, I used one of RS Children Overhaul on an adult skeleton for editing.

English is not my first language so I will explain it the best I can:

Requeriments:

Steps:

Open BodySlide and click on Outfit Studio:

Captura_de_pantalla_2014_09_22_21_04_57.

Then you must load a body reference: File -> Load Reference:

Captura_de_pantalla_2014_09_22_21_05_11.

Later, you must choose [1] "Use an existing slider set", [2] Browse the file with scalable belly node and clik on [3] Ok.

Captura_de_pantalla_2014_09_22_21_05_42.

Once loaded, you must load your body for edit, so click on File -> Load Outfit.

Captura_de_pantalla_2014_09_22_21_09_59.

Choose [1] "Load from .nif file", [2] Browse your file and click on [3] Ok.

Captura_de_pantalla_2014_09_22_21_10_23.

Now select your body for edit clicking on it.

Captura_de_pantalla_2014_09_22_21_11_10.

Then click on [1] Bones and [2] select the node for edit, in this case, the belly node, only click on it.

Captura_de_pantalla_2014_09_22_21_11_23.

Now go to [1] Shape -> [2] Copy Selected Weights:

Captura_de_pantalla_2014_09_22_21_11_33.

Finally click on [1] File-> [2] Export Current-> [3] Export Nif and save it.

Captura_de_pantalla_2014_09_22_21_11_47.

You must do this on both body files, femalebody_0 and femalebody_1.

• 1 month later...

I wish this process could be done for those of us with Intel cards. Once I get to the "Copy Weights" part, the program crashes. Known bug - it's sad really.

Appreciate the tutorial though!

What is the known bug? Is bodyslide incompatible with intel chipsets? Please elaborate

Bodyslide using old OpenGL apparently.

I saw a mention of Mesh Rigger.

Latest version of Mesh Rigger is available at my site: http://kgtools.org/

It's pretty much automated.

It can use UV search (texture map) to accurately copy weights between different nude bodies with radically different shapes, so long as they both use the same textures.

If you have a source body with the weights you want that matches the body of an outfit, you can use it to accurately copy weights from the source body to the outfit.

The tool is optimized for very high fidelity copying of weights. It uses a vertex to nearest point on surface search, which ensures that clothing and equipment should end up weighted in a way that eliminates clipping, so long as you are starting with a decently rigged template.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

aye. this is the easy way. i've had quite a few problems with bodyslidden meshes though. for example, the ct77 armors and body, they work flawlessly if i accept them as is, but after i start body sliding, thats when i start getting physics glitches like breasts going spazzy/inverting/vibrating and stretching across skyrim.

ROFL at that picture - invaderböÖbZ; and yes I know I am 8 months late on the comment :D

I don't understand these instructions at all. What files I am suposed to choose and edit, again?

It doesnt work for me, when I try to add a the belly node from the manga body to the EBBP body. The head is separated from the body, and from what Ive read there is no easy solution to go for, if you, like me, are a beginner at this ^^

What he means is that you:

1. Have to download a body replacer WITH the belly node already present fx. CHSBHC v3 http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31349/?or the CBBE Manga Body http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54538/?

2. Open bodyslide 2 and press Open Outfit Studio.

3. **Click File ---> Load Reference ---> Use an existing slider set**; and find the body with the belly node you downloaded(unzipped of course) and select "femalebody_0.nif".

4. **Click File ---> Load Outfit ---> Load from a .nif file** and  find the body you would like to have the belly node (like the EBBP body I mentioned above) and select the file ALSO called "femalebody_0.nif"

On the right hand side in Outfit Studio you should have a bracket called "Meshes" and one called "Bones"; underneath you should now have a body with a belly node and an "oufit" (in this case another body to transfer the belly node and weights to)

5. **Left Click the "outfit" (lower file; for me its called "baseshape_outfit") and select "Bones" above.**

6. Find the "NPC Belly"-button click it and then search for the "Shape" button in the tool bar and click "Copy selected weights".

7. Click **File ---> Export Current ---> Export .nif** and choose a folder to save it to. Remember to name it "femalebody_0.nif"

8. Repeat steps 1 through 7 for the "femalebody_1.nif"

When you have the 2 newly made files ready in a separate folder (good idea), you have to copy them and put them into your skyrim data folder. IF anything goes wrong be sure to have a backup hehe

If you download the files into a new folder on your desktop it'll be much easier to navigate. The files are usually located under

**C:\Users\"Yourcomputer'sname"\Desktop\"Manga CBBE"\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets**.

Hope it helped a little ^_^ Else I'm sorry for the wall of text and thank you TictacTied for the tutorial :-D

I don't understand these instructions at all. What files I am suposed to choose and edit, again?

It doesnt work for me, when I try to add a the belly node from the manga body to the EBBP body. The head is separated from the body, and from what Ive read there is no easy solution to go for, if you, like me, are a beginner at this ^^

1. Have to download a body replacer WITH the belly node already present fx. CHSBHC v3 http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31349/?or the CBBE Manga Body http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54538/?

3. **Click File ---> Load Reference ---> Use an existing slider set**; and find the body with the belly node you downloaded(unzipped of course) and select "femalebody_0.nif".

4. **Click File ---> Load Outfit ---> Load from a .nif file** and  find the body you would like to have the belly node (like the EBBP body I mentioned above) and select the file ALSO called "femalebody_0.nif"

On the right hand side in Outfit Studio you should have a bracket called "Meshes" and one called "Bones"; underneath you should now have a body with a belly node and an "oufit" (in this case another body to transfer the belly node and weights to)

5. **Left Click the "outfit" (lower file; for me its called "baseshape_outfit") and select "Bones" above.**

6. Find the "NPC Belly"-button click it and then search for the "Shape" button in the tool bar and click "Copy selected weights".

7. Click **File ---> Export Current ---> Export .nif** and choose a folder to save it to. Remember to name it "femalebody_0.nif"

When you have the 2 newly made files ready in a separate folder (good idea), you have to copy them and put them into your skyrim data folder. IF anything goes wrong be sure to have a backup hehe

If you download the files into a new folder on your desktop it'll be much easier to navigate. The files are usually located under

**C:\Users\"Yourcomputer'sname"\Desktop\"Manga CBBE"\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets**.

Hope it helped a little ^_^ Else I'm sorry for the wall of text and thank you TictacTied for the tutorial :-D

In the end I just installed the CSHBHC v3 and textures from something else :P much easier. I also found out that someone already made all the body slides I wanted lol, glad I didnt get too far!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks a lot dude, I think this might have been the easiest tutorial so far. Didn't test it yet, but it should work. If not I will edit this post.
And sorry for necroing this thread, but I thought it would be convenient to give feedback on this method.

Archived