Sexout Erotica (Prev. Sexout Messages): What would you like to see?

nyaalich

Halstrom is removing Sexout Messages from SCR.  I've talked about possibly taking it over (as in, I have a to-do list already, but since I've gained some experience with modding for SO, I'm feeling more positive about being able to do this).

There are somethings that already need to be done with it:

• Fix the time that the messages come up.  Currently, they are supposed to appear at sex begin, but they are showing at sex end.
  • Correct genitalia in description.

What else would you like to see from it?  Personally, I'd like to see beginning, middle, and end messages.

NOTE:  I will not be providing non-consensual messages.

My problems with the "messages" has always been that they pop up far too quickly and disappear before you have time to read them. That is, if we mean the ones that pop up on the top left corner of the screen, and not the "pop up" ones that spawn in the middle of the screen and you have to click to make them go away.

So if it is possible to change them "duration" wise, that would be my first priority. Other than that, I'm all for them, though admittedly I haven't seen that many of them.  

If/when you tackle this, there are some Sexout effects you can (should) check regarding that gender stuff. Don't say "never ever", as Veronica just might have a cock if she has the shemale effect. These effects are in sexout (so you can check for them), but are added by other mods to armors/bodysuits etc. Sexout also checks for them to determine what animations to play in the randomizer.

Krem:  Yes.  Top-left.  The default on those is 3 seconds.  Having to click okay would guarantee that no one would install it unless it came with a decent paragraph or two of smut.  Of course with beginning/middle/end (or more?), it would have to take the length of sex into account. 

pride:  Ah.  I didn't think that shemale functionality had been built in.  The point is that when I see oral sex performed on something (maleshes?) with a vagina, I don't expect magical invisible cocks to get all the oral action.  I shall amend.

While there is a variable for the duration of these messages, I found that these don't do much and more often than not they're displaying at default duration. Maybe I was doing it wrong (very likely :D) or maybe it had to do with how the messages stack, if there are more than one to display.

Krem:  Yes.  Top-left.  The default on those is 3 seconds.  Having to click okay would guarantee that no one would install it unless it came with a decent paragraph or two of smut.  Of course with beginning/middle/end (or more?), it would have to take the length of sex into account. 

Well, I've seen quit a few good "paragraph of smut" type messages. But since these aren't the ones you're talking about, them the quick 3s pop-up ones could do, though like Bruce said, I feel there must be a function to make them longer, because more often than not, 3s is not enough to convey whatever the message is about, unless it is a like a simple one liner, which otherwise makes the message useless as I've rarely seen Sexout one liners.

Now if we can figure out a way to alter the duration, that would be something!  :)

I am always for me "feedback" concerning sex and stuff. Animations are all nice and good, but yeah, accompanied by some text is way better.

So we speak about messages like that?:

"Powder Ganger shoves his cock hard up your/playername's asshole" (Beginning)

"Powder Ganger keeps fucking you hard up your/playername's ass" (Middle)

"Powder Ganger moans loudly and shoots a load of jizz up your/playernames' ass" (End)

Well, following the basic rule of brainstorming I'll just throw in my thoughts without knowing what is actually doable or not:

Longer duration of text, yeah, I'll second that.

Lots of variability of text, even for the same "actions" would be nice (Powder Ganger shoves his huge dick up your shithole, PG plunges his massive meatpole up your puckered hole, PG violently enters your protesting anus, PG gently pushes his large prick past your sphincter...I guess you'll get it! :D

Creature-support!

Texts based on "action" (oral, anal, vaginal, creature, DP), with different texts for rape and consensual sex

Though I don't know if its in scope of the mod: Text-Messages from the participants?? Like, you no, the notorious powder ganger from above commenting on the sex-act? Though I suppose this is more a "Sexout - Dirty Talk"...

As far as dirty talk goes, I'd prefer to see it as subtitled text the way that it happens when companions idle, etc. rather than having it be a conversation block that would disrupt and probably immediately end the animation and break the game.  I'm uncertain how difficult that would be.  I think dirty talk would be awesome, but I think it would be immersion breaking to have a corner message "Powder Ganger:  "You sure do have a tight hole for such a dirty whore.""  Maybe that would be effective. I don't know.

There are 2 ways to do the corner messages, if you use the GECK Messages you can set the time for them, but if you use the Scripted version MessageEx then you can't set the time

MessageBoxEx (or MessageExBox, can't remember which) puts up the messages that require a click to OK by script, but probably not the best to use for NPC actor sex as It could get annoying if everytime 2 actors 3 rooms away get busy you get a popup whilst tying to pickpocket someone.

Here's some Dialogue I had been sent for Messages ages ago

dialogue.zip

Um yeah, food for thought anyways, I didn't look through them all, I got that all together and intend on adding some of the Pregnant ones eventually, on day, in the future, probably, when I get to them, get the easy basic stuff working first anyway and later you could do IsModLoaded so you could change some messages if Pregnancy was detected.  :)

You could probably do the same for other mods too to enhance messages based on the Actors outfits or alcoholic state or eventually the animations.

You could probably do the same for other mods too to enhance messages based on the Actors outfits or alcoholic state or eventually the animations.

Definitely not committing to this level of detail (drugs and clothing) right now.

However, I AM planning on looking at SO's kama sutra to figure out some of the messages.  Can't really have statements about the way someone is looking at you if they're fucking you from behind.  Without having explored that thread, I'm assuming that Amra's animations haven't been added to it.

I'm thinking that some of the new NG string functions are going to come into play for this in order to get away from the MessageEx (I think that's the one that puts them in the left corner as opposed to the Okay box) so that I can hopefully use a regular message so that I can put a delay on it.

Krem was saying that 5 seconds would probably be better.  While I think it would be difficult for really long sex durations, it would be possible to have continuous messages.  However, I don't know if that would be the desired functionality.  Example:  for 15s duration, beginning, middle, and end messages would flow into one another.

A mechanic I've always had in mind for this, but am unsure of how feasible it would be, was to script a conversation between two NPCs, representing the player character and the other NPC involved in the sex. The conversation would be composed of dirty talk, or sex talk, and its tone could be determined by say... a perk, or an MCM toggle.

During sex, these NPC's get "spawned" somewhere invisible to the player, and the conversations starts - ta da, you have the subtitles playing, which would be the sex talk taking place. Sex ends, NPC's get disabled.

I had the same invisible guy thought earlier and was greatly amused by it.  Do you think it would be distracting to have the messages over the animations?  That was my concern.  People can always rotate the camera, but I don't recall how the subtitles respond to it.

The SOSReplacer mod prints subtitles to the screen every time a sound is played during sex.  I plan to get back to that mod and give it a thorough overhaul sometime in between the one I'm working on now.  I don't think you should have to use invisible NPCs.  It's been a while but I think it used to accomplish this with 'sayto'.  Though I can't remember if 'sayto' worked during sex?

If I remember correctly from when I was helping Bruce with his "affairs" mod, the sayto thing doesn't work. That's the reason you'd be using two unrelated NPC's to act as "substitutes" for the PC and the NPC having sex - because they can have a convo betweem themselves (simulating the sex talk between the PC and involved NPC) regardless of what the player is doing. Their interaction would have to be timed to the sex act, of course.

Don't know the mechanics of it, but Rapist plays combat responses during sex complete with subtitles when available. It's actually kinda funny when I sic Niner on people, as some of his combat taunts are surprisingly fitting for rape ("You think you can take me?" "Come get some, you fucking wuss."). Cracked me up the other day, don't remember the NPC for sure (maybe Wendy Gilbert?) getting raped, but the voice responses were standard "ow", "oh", "damn", etc and the subtitles were <GenericPainResponse1> and the like.

Archived