Hi; I think I've messed something up, so I may be SOL, but figured there's no harm asking!

I recently updated slavetats from ... I think 0.6 to current. Updated JContainers as well. It loads fine, the packs show up.

However, a few of my tattooed companions -- including Brelyna, a vanilla follower -- have permanent bluebody. Now, in the past slavetats has dealt with this fine, you just pull up the menu, reset all their tattoos to nothing, and it gives you the "working" message and fixes their body.

However, this time, the MCM for Slavetats locks up when I select Brelyna (under "setup"). I can't access any of the other menus in order to reset her glitched tattoos; Skyrim is fine, I can close out of the menu normally and continue playing. But basically slavetats won't work for her and she's stuck with a "glitched overlay" full-body blue coat of paint.

Hi; I think I've messed something up, so I may be SOL, but figured there's no harm asking!

I recently updated slavetats from ... I think 0.6 to current. Updated JContainers as well. It loads fine, the packs show up.

However, a few of my tattooed companions -- including Brelyna, a vanilla follower -- have permanent bluebody. Now, in the past slavetats has dealt with this fine, you just pull up the menu, reset all their tattoos to nothing, and it gives you the "working" message and fixes their body.

However, this time, the MCM for Slavetats locks up when I select Brelyna (under "setup"). I can't access any of the other menus in order to reset her glitched tattoos; Skyrim is fine, I can close out of the menu normally and continue playing. But basically slavetats won't work for her and she's stuck with a "glitched overlay" full-body blue coat of paint.

Did you try a new save? Sometimes updating mods causes issues with preexisting content.

I had an issue at first too, in my case I had to update Jcontainers or Netimmerse Override, are yours updated to the newest versions?

do u need 2 downlaod thos all seprate or is thair a all in 1 pack im missing

There are two portions to this mod:

1. The slavetats mod and its requirements.

2. All the tattoo packs.

So yes, you need to download the Slavetats mod itself and then download all the tattoo packs separately afterwards,

thx for teh info il take a look at it then  btw will it wil lany of thios tatos on furst post under spoiler exsternal also work if u downlaod am or do u need 2 do hsomfing spasial?

You don't need all the tat packs, just the ones that interest you.

The external tat packs work exactly the same as the ones hosted on the download page.

thx for the info il have a look at am all when i find the time

Can someone help me out with my SlaveTat mod? I was trying the make one with whip marks and bruises etc. but it wont show up at all in the Slave Tats menu. First off, would the fact that I was trying to not use the specific color type stop it from even showing up? I would have thought the colors just may look weird, anyway, heres my .json files text:

[

{"name": "Badly Beat (Face)", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Badly Beat", "area":"Head", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},

{"name": "Cut Lip", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Cut Lip.dds", "area":"Head", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},

{"name": "Hit Above Eye (Right Eye)", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Hit Above Eye.dds", "area":"Head", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},

{"name": "Punched (Cheek)", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Punched.dds", "area":"Head", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},

{"name": "Severely Whipped (Full Body)", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Severley Whipped.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},

{"name": "Slapped (Face)", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Slapped.dds", "area":"Head", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},

{"name": "Whipped Ass", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Whipped Ass.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},

{"name": "Whipped Back", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Whipped Back.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},

{"name": "Whipped Chest", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Whipped Chest.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"}

{"name": "Whipped Stomach", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Whipped Stomach.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"}

]

D'oh!! I was missing a comma at the second to last line, would that really mess up the whole thing?

http://json-validator.com/-- Paste your text there and get it validated or at least know if and where the errors are at so you can easily find and fix them.

Can someone help me out with my SlaveTat mod? I was trying the make one with whip marks and bruises etc. but it wont show up at all in the Slave Tats menu. First off, would the fact that I was trying to not use the specific color type stop it from even showing up? I would have thought the colors just may look weird, anyway, heres my .json files text:

[

{"name": "Badly Beat (Face)", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Badly Beat", "area":"Head", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},

{"name": "Cut Lip", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Cut Lip.dds", "area":"Head", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},

{"name": "Hit Above Eye (Right Eye)", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Hit Above Eye.dds", "area":"Head", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},

{"name": "Punched (Cheek)", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Punched.dds", "area":"Head", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},

{"name": "Severely Whipped (Full Body)", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Severley Whipped.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},

{"name": "Slapped (Face)", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Slapped.dds", "area":"Head", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},

{"name": "Whipped Ass", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Whipped Ass.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},

{"name": "Whipped Back", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Whipped Back.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},

{"name": "Whipped Chest", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Whipped Chest.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"}

{"name": "Whipped Stomach", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Whipped Stomach.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"}

]

D'oh!! I was missing a comma at the second to last line, would that really mess up the whole thing?

http://json-validator.com/-- Paste your text there and get it validated or at least know if and where the errors are at so you can easily find and fix them.

Thanks, I did some editing a little while ago one or two things didnt load, I'll use that to see the issue

murfk i remember you were going to look into normal and speculars support once. Any news on this?

At the time, NiOverride didn't have a way for me to set those. I've seen hints recently that that's changed, but I haven't looked into it again yet.

[

]

Thanks, I did some editing a little while ago one or two things didnt load, I'll use that to see the issue

It told me it was good, maybe I misnamed a file?

It told me it was good, maybe I misnamed a file?

Possibly, it can only tell if the JSON format is good and none of the fiddly bits that are hard to see are wrong. It doesn't know how to verify that the data itself is good because it has no idea of what the data is used for.

Well it's no biggie yet, still need to do some final editing, but I think I'll be posting my file soon

Ok, well here is my Slave Tats Abused file! To get it to look best you have to choose a specific color, its on the bottom row, just to the right of the yello color, I added a picture in the .7z. So if anyone wants wwhip marks, or damn near gashes in some places because of how the texture was designed, this is for you. I pretty much used the Injured Bodies and Faces texture (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/14151-injured-bodies-and-faces-unp-mature-textures/) and rearranged the  slashes as well as made them thinner in a lot of cases, to look more whip like.

Slave Tats Abused.7z

if i remember rightly the old version of slavetats had more than 6 body slots do you still have it ?

You don't remember rightly. The new one actually has more slots, thanks to not having to share between body, face, hands, and feet.

Moving forward with my "tat" project and I ran into another problem.  I'm trying to create a tattoo for the hands, I used the UNP female hands as a base, created a new layer in paint.net, made my tattoo, saved it as a dds.

For the json file I used the word, "Hands" yet it doesn't show up in the mcm.

[
{"name": "Sample1 (Body)", "section":"Crudo", "texture":"Crudo\\Sample1.dds", "area":"Body"},
{"name": "Sample2 (Body)", "section":"Crudo", "texture":"Crudo\\Sample2.dds", "area":"Body"},
{"name": "Sample3 (Hands)", "section":"Crudo", "texture":"Crudo\\Sample3.dds", "area":"Hands"}
]

Is "Hands" the correct term or should it be "Hand".  Does upper or lower case make a difference?

Okay.  Thank you, Uriel.  So even if I had a bad or missing texture I should still see the...

I feel really stupid.  I think I know what went wrong.  I just need to be more careful.  In the MCM, I've only been looking under the body section.  DOH!  Sorry for all the dumb mistakes I've been making coupled with the questions.  I'll try to be more careful.

Could you do me a huge favor?  You may be already aware that LoversLab  is having download problems.  Your wonderful SlaveTats 1.0.6 is not downloading for me.  I only get the 25kb empty zip file, and I have tried over a dozen times, easily.  I want to incorporate all the Dibellan mods into my gameplay, and I only need your mod now.  Perhaps this sounds strange, but I have never had a problem downloading a mod from Topics, despite an inability to download from the LoversLab menu.  

Thank you in advance,     vixengamer

Could you do me a huge favor?  You may be already aware that LoversLab  is having download problems.  Your wonderful SlaveTats 1.0.6 is not downloading for me.  I only get the 25kb empty zip file, and I have tried over a dozen times, easily.  I want to incorporate all the Dibellan mods into my gameplay, and I only need your mod now.  Perhaps this sounds strange, but I have never had a problem downloading a mod from Topics, despite an inability to download from the LoversLab menu.  

Thank you in advance,     vixengamer

Here you go

SlaveTats-1.0.6.7z

is there still a way for the tattoos to show up as a normal racemenu overlay(they don't show up in "showracemenu" in the overlaytab when using T to choose a texture)

I'm using the newest versions of all the requred mods+SlaveTats

as Mod Manager I use Mod Organizer

after reading the first few pages in this topic I put RaceMenu as the last character-creation-mod to load when starting up(to no avail)

I can properly put on the tattoos using the MCM but I'm not satisfied with the limited number of 6 slots for body-tattoos so I would really like to use the RM overlay menu where I can choose to put on more textures

thanks for the help in advance

TuH

is there still a way for the tattoos to show up as a normal racemenu overlay(they don't show up in "showracemenu" in the overlaytab when using T to choose a texture)

I'm using the newest versions of all the requred mods+SlaveTats

as Mod Manager I use Mod Organizer

after reading the first few pages in this topic I put RaceMenu as the last character-creation-mod to load when starting up(to no avail)

I can properly put on the tattoos using the MCM but I'm not satisfied with the limited number of 6 slots for body-tattoos so I would really like to use the RM overlay menu where I can choose to put on more textures

thanks for the help in advance

TuH

I'm a little confused what you're asking for. But I think you're asking for more overlay slots which isn't possible. It's a Skyrim issue, not a mod issue as far as I'm aware.

You can increase the number of racmenu slots for tattoos in the nioverride.ini file in data/skse/plugins folder.  Look for a section labeled "[Overlays/Body]" .  Default is 6, but you can put in a larger number (max # is signed integer I believe, it's somewhere in the comments section of the RaceMenu page on Nexus). Remember, the more you make available, the more lag you may get.  HOWEVER, this may still not apply to SlaveTats.  The MCM for SlaveTats may be hard set to 6 rather than dynamically adjusting to that same ini.  The author or someone who has open it up in the CK could tell you better.  Or just try it - set the ini value to 8 and see if SlaveTats MCM shows 8 slots instead of 6.

As far as the basic slaves tats being available through showracemenu, they would have to be repackaged in a different folder structure (or not) and probably requires it's own esp (another esp to add to your mod list) and some sort of scripting to get it to appear in racemenu.