[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

I have a little problem with the Outfit Studio and zap sliders. As I've understand, the Zap sliders can remove certain parts from the outfits, such as removing unnecessary body parts under the clothes that would cause clippings for example to. I managed to do just that some time ago with regular CBBE body, but now that I'm trying to do the same thing with 7B body, it apparently ain't working.

What I'm trying to do, is to remove those unmasked parts from the body shape: (converted 7B mesh, masked parts are visible / unmasked are underneath clothing and needs to be removed)

yM4wIRI.png

This is how the body shape looks in the original mesh and what I'd like to accomplish in the converted mesh too: (original CBBE mesh)

mAczDp1.png

I already tried to do this with help of the tutorials on this thread, but since I'm trying to do it with 7B body references and not with regular CBBE references, it was no use.

I could just use the body shape from the original body shape and go with that, but removing those unnecessary parts with zip slider for any other body shape than CBBE, is something I'd like to learn, if it's even possible with this software.

Zaps are slider data that are supposed to be used in BodySlide with your saved project. Now since you don't use BodySlide for 7B, they will also not be selected and applied by you in BodySlide after hitting build.

What you can do is, instead of the "Export NIF" you usually do with non-BodySlide conversions, use "Save Project As", select the set in the BodySlide dropdown, enable your custom zap slider and hit CTRL+Build. Use one of the two created files as either your _0 or _1 part, depending on which it was (save a different project for the other).

What you can do is, instead of the "Export NIF" you usually do with non-BodySlide conversions, use "Save Project As", select the set in the BodySlide dropdown, enable your custom zap slider and hit CTRL+Build. Use one of the two created files as either your _0 or _1 part, depending on which it was (save a different project for the other).

Hmm, that's what I did in the first place.

I repeated your advice multiple times only to see that it still ain't working. Then I nerd raged a little bit, until I finally realized that I had to add the zap slider to the reference body and not the the outfit's body. It seems to be working now.

Nevertheless, much appreciated !   :)

Hey, everyone, having an issue or two that you probably all know how to deal with by now but are confusing me. I really only started fooling around with Outfit Studio today, mostly copying over bones to outfits to make them HDT compatible. For the most part it's worked brilliantly. I open the body shape I'm using in my current game then open up the corresponding outfit .nif, copy the selected weights and all is well.

So, my first question is, if you're copying selected weights to the .nifs in the meshes folder for the outfit ( xx_0 and xx_1 ) won't those weights be overwritten out of existence if you re-export the outfit in BodySlide? BodySlide is taking information from the .nif in the ShapeData folder and weights weren't copied onto that mesh... Or am I misunderstanding how BodySlide works?

My second issue is about misalignments. For kicks I decided to try adding weights to some of the outfits in the BAMM collection but when I opened up my reference body and then the outfit .nif they were pretty seriously out of alignment, as shown below:

4VHKc1T.jpg

Copying weights won't work correctly if the outfit doesn't line up with the body, correct? Is there a way to get the outfit to move itself over the reference body? Every other outfit I've changed so far has aligned perfectly, it's only the ones from the BAMM collection that have been off kilter.

Anyway, thanks for reading through this mess. Hope some of you can edumacates me about how to proceed.

Hey, everyone, having an issue or two that you probably all know how to deal with by now but are confusing me. I really only started fooling around with Outfit Studio today, mostly copying over bones to outfits to make them HDT compatible. For the most part it's worked brilliantly. I open the body shape I'm using in my current game then open up the corresponding outfit .nif, copy the selected weights and all is well.

So, my first question is, if you're copying selected weights to the .nifs in the meshes folder for the outfit ( xx_0 and xx_1 ) won't those weights be overwritten out of existence if you re-export the outfit in BodySlide? BodySlide is taking information from the .nif in the ShapeData folder and weights weren't copied onto that mesh... Or am I misunderstanding how BodySlide works?

My second issue is about misalignments. For kicks I decided to try adding weights to some of the outfits in the BAMM collection but when I opened up my reference body and then the outfit .nif they were pretty seriously out of alignment, as shown below:

4VHKc1T.jpg

Copying weights won't work correctly if the outfit doesn't line up with the body, correct? Is there a way to get the outfit to move itself over the reference body? Every other outfit I've changed so far has aligned perfectly, it's only the ones from the BAMM collection that have been off kilter.

Anyway, thanks for reading through this mess. Hope some of you can edumacates me about how to proceed.

For the alignment, use the "Shape -> Move Shape" menu item with the preset it has, two times for each shape of the outfit (not the body). Then it should align with the reference in this case.

If you want to add (T)BBP/HDT to a BodySlide conversion, you don't take the _0.nif _1.nif  that BodySlide builds. Instead, you take the source file, which is the NIF of the outfit in BodySlide\ShapeData, and copy the weights to that instead.

So, on the (T)BBP/HDT conversion, just to confirm, one wouldn't use the _0.nif / _1.nif for either the outfit output OR the reference body, one would use the meshes in the ShapeData folder? For example, I'm currently using the CT77 body that came with the Remodeled Armor for CBBE Bodyslide HDT mod. Rather than the _0.nif / _1.nif meshes I output in BodySlide from it, I'd use the CT77Body.nif as my reference and whatever .nif is in the ShapeData folder of the armor I was attempting to add HDT weighting to, correct? Will this make it so that the outfit will display correctly on any body shape I produce for it from that Preset? On the first armor I added weighting to I used my generated femalebody_1.nif as the reference and I notice that looking at the outfit in BodySlide both previews Big and Small have the same body, so the Small preview naturally looks off since half the outfit is inside the body shape.

As for the alignment problem, I've seen the Shape -> Move Shape command but how do I discover the exact coordinates of my reference body so I can line the outfit up precisely? Or is it something you just have to eyeball and move until it looks about right? Also, I'm working on the ShapeData mesh for the outfit and can only see one shape, so I'm a bit confused how I do the realignment twice for each shape.

Sorry for the confusion. As I said, only been working with OS for about a day. Thanks for all the help!

So, on the (T)BBP/HDT conversion, just to confirm, one wouldn't use the _0.nif / _1.nif for either the outfit output OR the reference body, one would use the meshes in the ShapeData folder? For example, I'm currently using the CT77 body that came with the Remodeled Armor for CBBE Bodyslide HDT mod. Rather than the _0.nif / _1.nif meshes I output in BodySlide from it, I'd use the CT77Body.nif as my reference and whatever .nif is in the ShapeData folder of the armor I was attempting to add HDT weighting to, correct? Will this make it so that the outfit will display correctly on any body shape I produce for it from that Preset? On the first armor I added weighting to I used my generated femalebody_1.nif as the reference and I notice that looking at the outfit in BodySlide both previews Big and Small have the same body, so the Small preview naturally looks off since half the outfit is inside the body shape.

As for the alignment problem, I've seen the Shape -> Move Shape command but how do I discover the exact coordinates of my reference body so I can line the outfit up precisely? Or is it something you just have to eyeball and move until it looks about right? Also, I'm working on the ShapeData mesh for the outfit and can only see one shape, so I'm a bit confused how I do the realignment twice for each shape.

Sorry for the confusion. As I said, only been working with OS for about a day. Thanks for all the help!

Yes.

For moving the shape, I was talking about the "Vanilla to CBBE" preset there is in the dialog. Use that twice instead of entering any values manually.

Yes.

For moving the shape, I was talking about the "Vanilla to CBBE" preset there is in the dialog. Use that twice instead of entering any values manually.

Uh, wow, that was easy. Thanks for the confirmation. =)

Just out of curiosity, how exactly does BodySlide determine what textures to display when previewing? A couple of the outfits I check out in BodySlide Previewed with the astridbody charbroiled texture (which is kind of funny). I took a peek through the .xml files but didn't really see anything, so it's probably not something in there.

Yes.

Uh, wow, that was easy. Thanks for the confirmation. =)

Just out of curiosity, how exactly does BodySlide determine what textures to display when previewing? A couple of the outfits I check out in BodySlide Previewed with the astridbody charbroiled texture (which is kind of funny). I took a peek through the .xml files but didn't really see anything, so it's probably not something in there.

In the NIF file -> BSLightingShaderProperty -> BSShaderTextureSet -> first path.

Those with the astridbody textures are mostly the old Caliente ones.

You can change the display texture in OS in the Shape -> Set Textures dialog.

Sweet, thank you.

I seem to have run into another issue. Adding the bone weights for HDT worked fine when I used CT77Body.nif (body reference) and Adamantine.nif (armor mesh), and the physics check out when I put the armor on in-game. Unfortunately, the body only appears correct at 100 weight. If I lower the character's weight in Racemenu the outfit shrinks to conform to the 0-99 weight body but the body itself (I assume the BodyShape_outfit that comes with the armor) stays at 100 weight, clipping horribly and causing a huge seam where the 100 weight body separates from the lower weight neck. This is also why my previous armor displayed wrong when I Previewed Small in BodySlide.

I assume I could fix this by going into adamantinecrystalchest_0.nif and deleting BodyShape_outfit, replacing it with a Duplication of BodyShape from my CT77 femalebody_0.nif but my goal is to add weights onto the armor once, then just Build them in BodySlide without going back and doing messy editing. Am I doing something wrong in the process of adding the HDT bone weights that's killing the outfit's weight shape under 100?

Sweet, thank you.

I seem to have run into another issue. Adding the bone weights for HDT worked fine when I used CT77Body.nif (body reference) and Adamantine.nif (armor mesh), and the physics check out when I put the armor on in-game. Unfortunately, the body only appears correct at 100 weight. If I lower the character's weight in Racemenu the outfit shrinks to conform to the 0-99 weight body but the body itself (I assume the BodyShape_outfit that comes with the armor) stays at 100 weight, clipping horribly and causing a huge seam where the 100 weight body separates from the lower weight neck. This is also why my previous armor displayed wrong when I Previewed Small in BodySlide.

I assume I could fix this by going into adamantinecrystalchest_0.nif and deleting BodyShape_outfit, replacing it with a Duplication of BodyShape from my CT77 femalebody_0.nif but my goal is to add weights onto the armor once, then just Build them in BodySlide without going back and doing messy editing. Am I doing something wrong in the process of adding the HDT bone weights that's killing the outfit's weight shape under 100?

Load the project you want to add HDT weights to using "File -> Load Project" instead of loading only the NIF.

Then delete "BaseShape_outfit", select the breast/butt bones, copy the selected weights and hit "File -> Save Project".

Re-select and build it in BodySlide.

Load the project you want to add HDT weights to using "File -> Load Project" instead of loading only the NIF.

Then delete "BaseShape_outfit", select the breast/butt bones, copy the selected weights and hit "File -> Save Project".

That makes more sense but, when I load the project, it loads up with just the information from the outfit. I have nothing to copy the weights from. I tried Load Reference and placing my CT77Body.nif in there but it made the sliders go away and screwed up the .xml.

That makes more sense but, when I load the project, it loads up with just the information from the outfit. I have nothing to copy the weights from. I tried Load Reference and placing my CT77Body.nif in there but it made the sliders go away and screwed up the .xml.

When loading the reference, choose "Merge sliders" or what it's called. Also, use CalienteBodyHDT.nif instead of the old CT77Body.nif.

When loading the reference, choose "Merge sliders" or what it's called. Also, use CalienteBodyHDT.nif instead of the old CT77Body.nif.

You, sir, are a genius. Worked like a charm. Only issue was, when I deleted the BaseShape_outfit and duplicated the reference BodyShape for some reason it decided to make ANOTHER duplicate when I saved the project. So I just deleted the BaseShape_outfit and didn't duplicate. When I saved the project it automatically used the reference body.

I really want to thank you for your help today, cell. You've been extremely patient answering all my newbie questions.

I'll bother you again when I fail to understand how to create new zap sliders... >_>

Can you add to the end of Guide 3 what to do when you go to export and get the window saying "At least one vertex does not have any weighting assigned to it..."  I get this message a lot.

I even get it when I highlight every bone and copy selected to every shape. Or even when I choose "Copy bone weights" which do them all (I think?)

Can you add to the end of Guide 3 what to do when you go to export and get the window saying "At least one vertex does not have any weighting assigned to it..."  I get this message a lot.

I even get it when I highlight every bone and copy selected to every shape. Or even when I choose "Copy bone weights" which do them all (I think?)

Copy Bone Weights copies from all bones to all bones, but that doesn't mean it catches all vertices. The ones it doesn't catch, resulting in your warning message, are usually too far away for weights to be transferred to them correctly.

As the warning says, it masks those vertices for you, so you can invert the mask, select a fitting bone depending on the place it is, and paint some random weights on it with the weight brush in the Bones tab.

Copy Bone Weights copies from all bones to all bones, but that doesn't mean it catches all vertices. The ones it doesn't catch, resulting in your warning message, are usually too far away for weights to be transferred to them correctly.

As the warning says, it masks those vertices for you, so you can invert the mask, select a fitting bone depending on the place it is, and paint some random weights on it with the weight brush in the Bones tab.

To facilitate this I find it makes it easier to spot this when you select disable textures from the edit menu. You'll then, by clicking on each mesh and looking in the weight painting tab see where the masked spots are, they'll be grayed out. Then you must clear the masks and paint some weights on those spots.

Alright.  I disabled textures, then try to export and it shows me this mask: post-342208-0-82289700-1425545155_thumb.jpg

The left antlers stay dark with any and all meshes tab->shapes I select.   I then select brush->clear mask, select the left antler mesh shape and with the brush paint it thus: post-342208-0-20670000-1425545591_thumb.jpg

Won't let me export yet. So I click on each mesh shape and hit ctrl-I to invert mask on each and everything but the antlers I painted are now greyed.  So I go through each mesh shape and paint each: post-342208-0-91885400-1425547061_thumb.jpg

(Which seems odd, since it's like copy selected weights didn't do anything and I had to paint it all). I go to export again and it shows the left antlers grey again like the beginning and also the strap shape for them, but the rest still painted. So I select those two mesh shapes and paint them again.

I go to export and it shows it shows they need to be painted a third time?: post-342208-0-57907500-1425547634_thumb.jpg

And here I get stuck. Every time I go to export it shows they need to be painted again.  Even if I paint the hell out of them, getting the antlers light blue and parts yellow and red it still won't let me export.

Am i doing something wrong?

It works for me, I just tried again (removed weights from something so the warning comes up, then fixed it and the warning didn't come up again).

Maybe it has to do with you selecting more than one bone at the same time in the Bones tab. You should only select one single bone that matches the position of the antlers and paint on it.

Looking at those shots I can see where the antlers would need to be manually painted and the tips of the shoulder pieces may not be getting any weights, like cell says best thing is to click each bone that would cover those areas and just manually check them and make sure every facet has some color.

Is there any way to get a single sliderset to export more than one nif?  There are just so many armors that are just retextures of others in certain packs, it just seems it would be easier to add a couple of lines in the xml than to copy the whole set over again.

Is there any way to get a single sliderset to export more than one nif?  There are just so many armors that are just retextures of others in certain packs, it just seems it would be easier to add a couple of lines in the xml than to copy the whole set over again.

It's easier to redo the mod to work as intended for retextures.

One _0_1.nif and varying texture paths in the ESP plugin (done with CK or TES5Edit).

Basically multiple armor entries in the plugin, but only one NIF.

Thank you, Cell. I had done a few changing them to texture sets, but then I have the problem where the first person texture doesnt save, and end up having to put in separate 1st person meshes anyway just to get the proper textures on them. Is there a way to get the first person female textures to save?

Which part of the guide covers "update legacy CB++ conversions to BS2 CBBE HDT" ?

I've been trying to update a few old CB++ outfit conversions like "Bikini Trouble" and "Red Sonja" to the latest CBBE HDT Body with the following steps:

• Load Reference -> CBBE HDT
  • Delete old Baseshape mesh
  • Move Shape -> old CBBE to Vanilla Offset (for each outfits mesh, where necessary)
  • Copy Bone Weights (for each mesh)
  • Conform All (Sliders)
  • Save Project + Build + Test
However the outfits keep using TBBP weighting, only the body below uses HDT. Easy to see in game since both move in different patterns under the effect of HDT PE animations (massive clipping as soon as the bounce kicks in).

The same procedure works fine when instead importing CBBE TBBP as Baseshape (just to generally fix these CB++ conversions), but i'm probably missing a step for HDT.

Which part of the guide covers "update legacy CB++ conversions to BS2 CBBE HDT" ?

I've been trying to update a few old CB++ outfit conversions like "Bikini Trouble" and "Red Sonja" to the latest CBBE HDT Body with the following steps:

• Load Reference -> CBBE HDT
  • Delete old Baseshape mesh
  • Move Shape -> old CBBE to Vanilla Offset (for each outfits mesh, where necessary)
  • Copy Bone Weights (for each mesh)
  • Conform All (Sliders)
  • Save Project + Build + Test
However the outfits keep using TBBP weighting, only the body below uses HDT. Easy to see in game since both move in different patterns under the effect of HDT PE animations (massive clipping as soon as the bounce kicks in).

The same procedure works fine when instead importing CBBE TBBP as Baseshape (just to generally fix these CB++ conversions), but i'm probably missing a step for HDT.

The steps are correct, not sure why it wouldn't work. "Copy Bone Weights" clears all existing weights from the shape and copies the ones from the reference body. So if the reference body is HDT, your outfit should be HDT as well. Maybe switch to the bones tab and compare some of the weights to see if they match?

You can also use "Load Project" followed by "Load Reference" with the merge sliders check box checked, so you don't have to Conform All anymore.

When i load a reference with "merge sliders" ticked, i have some kind of bug:

Applying slidermorphs only affects the outfit parts, but not the base shape. Works fine with the procedure i posted above though.

And in the bones tab i have TBH no idea what i'm looking at ;)