[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

I am trying to learn to use bodyslide, and I really am confused.

I am following guide 1 from the begining of this thread (unp->cbbe), using the chef_1.nif from UNP Armors version 2_1-7305-2-1.7z and.... for some reason bodyslide wants my chef outfit to have its shoulders where my model's knees are:

blogentry-37920-0-99429200-1423451968.jp

That's not... um.... er... how do I fix this?

2 solutions:

nifskope:

right click:

transform/apply

if that don't working:

3DSMAX:

import without skeleton, after make again a import with skeleton (rename the dummy with any name)

and:

meshes/smooth/skinwrap.

Now you should be have a "clean" position.

That sounded like an intriguing idea.

I tried your nifskope suggestion though, and it did not work. The translation went to zero but loading the outfit in outfit studio still placed it in same position. I do not know where the translation offset went - how the outfit can be offset like that when the translation is zero - but this suggests that horrid problems might be possible.

hey ho

I have a little question regarding a warning message that I get when I want to save.

Please have a look. 

[spo

iler]vertex_zpse5f46a9f.png

the outfit has some kind of "tail" attached to it (which you can't see from this angle), when I just save it like that. the half of the tail goe's missing ingame and the end of it's mesh looks a bit stretched.

Is this the vertex bodylside is talking about? and how can I assign weight to it?

or does this message stand for a whole other problem? 

looking forward for you answers :)

You have to add weights to the pieces which aren't weighted otherwise the game won't display them. Check the original to see how the tail was weighted.

thank you for your answer

but how can I do that? 

Load the original into Outfit Studio, switch to the bones tab at the top right with the right shape selected and click through the bones to see the weights. The weight brush is automatically enabled while in the bones tab. See what yours misses that the original has.

You have to add weights to the pieces which aren't weighted otherwise the game won't display them. Check the original to see how the tail was weighted.

thank you for your answer

but how can I do that? 

Load the original into Outfit Studio, switch to the bones tab at the top right with the right shape selected and click through the bones to see the weights. The weight brush is automatically enabled while in the bones tab. See what yours misses that the original has.

I see. Thank you!

Briefly looked, and didn't see an answer to this question.

Trying to modify the summer wear outfits (used in BBLS) to use HDT physics.  Followed the steps and other than a warning about unweighted vertices (which I assume were part of the skirt that's invisible in the texture), the physics part worked just fine.

What didn't work was the textures.  For some reason all the versions in game now use the default blue texture, instead of the other colors the other versions are supposed to use.

I can only assume that bodyslide is somehow forcing a particular texture to be used, instead of just "suggesting" one or something?  Anybody know how to fix this?

(Peculiarly, I did pop open the .esm in construction kit, and previewing there I saw the correct colors.  Don't really want to try creating my own version of the .esm, and it wouldn't simply let me save.  Only let me save as a new .esp)

Briefly looked, and didn't see an answer to this question.

Trying to modify the summer wear outfits (used in BBLS) to use HDT physics. Followed the steps and other than a warning about unweighted vertices (which I assume were part of the skirt that's invisible in the texture), the physics part worked just fine.

What didn't work was the textures. For some reason all the versions in game now use the default blue texture, instead of the other colors the other versions are supposed to use.

I can only assume that bodyslide is somehow forcing a particular texture to be used, instead of just "suggesting" one or something? Anybody know how to fix this?

(Peculiarly, I did pop open the .esm in construction kit, and previewing there I saw the correct colors. Don't really want to try creating my own version of the .esm, and it wouldn't simply let me save. Only let me save as a new .esp)

Open your NIFs in NifSkope and reorder the NiTriShapes to be in the same order as the original.

Okay, I don't know how to make presets, nor have I had any luck finding out how. I also have spent the last two hours trying to figure out how to make a male body preset and even save it. So please bear with me, because I'm more than a little frustrated. 

I'd modified the NIF a bit, liked what I'd done, and had tried to save the project in OS. I was able to create a new preset name, folder and even a NIF file. Only the folder was actually made. I've tried to export it, get told I need a reference file, so I go and try to give it the same NIF file, or another male one that HAS presets, which isn't at all what I want to do.

In fact, I've yet to see any sort of straightforward tutorial on HOW to make a new preset and slider set that's not solely about outfits, which makes no sense. I'm also not at all willing to read through all 60 pages of this thread in the hopes of someone else even asking about that.

Honestly, all I want to do is take the malebody NIF file and create sliders/presets/etc with it. Could someone -please- explain how to do that, or give a link to a straightforward tutorial?

For guide 3

could someone please explain this part better:

Step 5: (Optional)
Copying (T)BPP/HDT or other bone weights:
A. Click the "Bones" tab to the right.
B. Depending on what you're trying to add ((T)BBP/HDT), CTRL+Click the bones of the following you need:
NPC L Breast, NPC L Breast01, NPC L Butt, NPC R Breast, NPC R Breast01, NPC R Butt and/or NPC Belly.
C. Hit "Shape -> Copy Selected Weights".
D. Repeat step C for each shape of the mesh shown in the shapes tab (highlight them on the right-hand side).

Okay, I don't know how to make presets, nor have I had any luck finding out how. I also have spent the last two hours trying to figure out how to make a male body preset and even save it. So please bear with me, because I'm more than a little frustrated.

I'd modified the NIF a bit, liked what I'd done, and had tried to save the project in OS. I was able to create a new preset name, folder and even a NIF file. Only the folder was actually made. I've tried to export it, get told I need a reference file, so I go and try to give it the same NIF file, or another male one that HAS presets, which isn't at all what I want to do.

In fact, I've yet to see any sort of straightforward tutorial on HOW to make a new preset and slider set that's not solely about outfits, which makes no sense. I'm also not at all willing to read through all 60 pages of this thread in the hopes of someone else even asking about that.

Honestly, all I want to do is take the malebody NIF file and create sliders/presets/etc with it. Could someone -please- explain how to do that, or give a link to a straightforward tutorial?

Load the male body NIF as a reference, create the sliders and save the project.

For guide 3

could someone please explain this part better:

Step 5: (Optional)

Copying (T)BPP/HDT or other bone weights:

A. Click the "Bones" tab to the right.

B. Depending on what you're trying to add ((T)BBP/HDT), CTRL+Click the bones of the following you need:

NPC L Breast, NPC L Breast01, NPC L Butt, NPC R Breast, NPC R Breast01, NPC R Butt and/or NPC Belly.

C. Hit "Shape -> Copy Selected Weights".

D. Repeat step C for each shape of the mesh shown in the shapes tab (highlight them on the right-hand side).

What do you need to know? I can't think of an easier way to explain it.

Seriously, After BodySlide 3.3d breast bone reduced. It can be better jiggle than twin breast bone?

You mean that the Breast01 bone has been removed from CBBE Body HDT? Yes, you don't need the extra bone for HDT PE.

Yes!! But.. Jiggle moving is better than two axis? TBBP moving is Great better than bbp. And HDT PE Jiggle is same or better than TBBP work? It's my Question! :D

Did so, this is what happened. First file is the saved NIF reopened in OS. Second is what happened the second I stopped editing the slider and actually tried it out. Third is what the slider did when I actually reloaded the project.

Body can't be found or loaded into Body Slider. Only have gotten that to work once, and even then no preview would show up.

Suggestions?

post-375976-0-28602800-1424307950_thumb.png

post-375976-0-17311800-1424307984_thumb.png

post-375976-0-27568900-1424308640_thumb.png

Seriously, After BodySlide 3.3d breast bone reduced. It can be better jiggle than twin breast bone?

You mean that the Breast01 bone has been removed from CBBE Body HDT? Yes, you don't need the extra bone for HDT PE.

Yes!! But.. Jiggle moving is better than two axis? TBBP moving is Great better than bbp. And HDT PE Jiggle is same or better than TBBP work? It's my Question! :D

HDT PE has never used the Breast01 bone, even if the body has it. You don't need two bones to do proper dynamic physics. For TBBP it was useful because it had to be manually animated.

Did so, this is what happened. First file is the saved NIF reopened in OS. Second is what happened the second I stopped editing the slider and actually tried it out. Third is what the slider did when I actually reloaded the project.

Body can't be found or loaded into Body Slider. Only have gotten that to work once, and even then no preview would show up.

Suggestions?

Is the slider looking as it's supposed to or not? If not , what did you do?

For making it appear in BodySlide you have to first reload the outfit list or restart the program and for making the preview work you have to enter proper values into the Save Project As dialog.

Also make sure to use the latest version of OS.

I don't know if this is a bug or something in the Outfit Studio, but I'm getting it whenever I'm using later version than 2.0 of the software.

The problem is that whenever I'm converting an outfit, that has unique body shape, I'm in a need of modifying the standard references by creating new sliders. All goes well with the 1st outfit, but when moving on to the 2nd outfit, the conversion reference I created earlier stops functioning.

Slider set to 0%, the body shape is as it should be. Ignore the belt in the picture.

D2YFtgo.png

The slider is moved to 100%, but the shape is still the same. The only way to get it working again is to restart the whole program and start from the scratch, which is REALLY irritating and time consuming.   :@

UpP9K2e.png

This has forced me to back to using the version 2.0, which is quite irritating because there are some useful tweaks and features in the newer versions.

edit. Nevermind, I managed to find the cause. Before moving to the 2nd outfit, I didn't move the slider back to 0%, but I kept it at 100% instead. That's why the reference slider stopped functioning properly after loading an new outfit. It was little confusing, because the version 2.0 didn't have this problem.

I don't know if this is a bug or something in the Outfit Studio, but I'm getting it whenever I'm using later version than 2.0 of the software.

The problem is that whenever I'm converting an outfit, that has unique body shape, I'm in a need of modifying the standard references by creating new sliders. All goes well with the 1st outfit, but when moving on to the 2nd outfit, the conversion reference I created earlier stops functioning.

Slider set to 0%, the body shape is as it should be. Ignore the belt in the picture.

D2YFtgo.png

The slider is moved to 100%, but the shape is still the same. The only way to get it working again is to restart the whole program and start from the scratch, which is REALLY irritating and time consuming.   :@

UpP9K2e.png

This has forced me to back to using the version 2.0, which is quite irritating because there are some useful tweaks and features in the newer versions.

edit. Nevermind, I managed to find the cause. Before moving to the 2nd outfit, I didn't move the slider back to 0%, but I kept it at 100% instead. That's why the reference slider stopped functioning properly after loading an new outfit. It was little confusing, because the version 2.0 didn't have this problem.

Tried replicating it, but it keeps working for me even when loading several other outfits. o.O

Suggestions?

For making it appear in BodySlide you have to first reload the outfit list or restart the program and for making the preview work you have to enter proper values into the Save Project As dialog.

What do you mean, looking as it's supposed to? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

I've got the latest OS version, unless it's been updated in the last week, as that's when I downloaded it.

Suggestions?

What do you mean, looking as it's supposed to? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

I've got the latest OS version, unless it's been updated in the last week, as that's when I downloaded it.

I suppose you masked the mesh, then used "Move Shape" or the brushes to create the slider data? Not sure, but it could be fixed in the next version coming out soon. Try again when it does.

I have a little problem with the Outfit Studio and zap sliders. As I've understand, the Zap sliders can remove certain parts from the outfits, such as removing unnecessary body parts under the clothes that would cause clippings for example to. I managed to do just that some time ago with regular CBBE body, but now that I'm trying to do the same thing with 7B body, it apparently ain't working.

What I'm trying to do, is to remove those unmasked parts from the body shape: (converted 7B mesh, masked parts are visible / unmasked are underneath clothing and needs to be removed)

yM4wIRI.png

This is how the body shape looks in the original mesh and what I'd like to accomplish in the converted mesh too: (original CBBE mesh)

mAczDp1.png

I already tried to do this with help of the tutorials on this thread, but since I'm trying to do it with 7B body references and not with regular CBBE references, it was no use.

I could just use the body shape from the original body shape and go with that, but removing those unnecessary parts with zip slider for any other body shape than CBBE, is something I'd like to learn, if it's even possible with this software.