Solstheim Crash Near Beast stone

So, I'm trying to do the part of the Dragonborn DLC where you go and use Bend Will on the various stones throughout Solstheim and I'm stuck on the Beast Stone. Why? My game keeps Crashing, and I have no idea why. I attatched both the save in question and my load order, in case either of those help. The Bash Patch is just a patch built in WRYE Bash and was part of me basically flailing around wildly trying to fix the problem.

My computer Specs are as follows:

Origin EON-17X Laptop

Intel i7-7700K @ 4.20GHz

64GB DDR4 RAM @ 2400MHz

Nvidia GTX 1080 w/ 8 GB VRAM

I have not done any overclocking or other things that could cause instabiltity, as my computer is honestly powerful enough as it is.

Save troubleshoot.zip

LoadOrder_SkyrimSE_2018-05-06T14-17-33.txt

UPDATE: Crash appears to happen due to my character being flagged as "in Combat" as I have heard around the internet that Solstheim is NOTORIOUSLY crash-happy, and decided to head back to Skyrim and just try and ignore a whole DLC. I go back to working on the storyline for the Dawnguard DLC (vampire side, currently on the prophet quest) and a random Boethia worshipper attacks me while I'm in Dragon Bridge. Cue me trying to fight back, and.... Game Crashes. 

EDIT:... Or not, as it seems. Reloaded the last dragon bridge save and it for some reason worked without crashing this time around. Multiple combats and all. Conclusion: Solstheim is fucking buggy as hell. Anyone know of any ways to increase the stability there?

It worked for me, at least after Cleaning.

The original file could not be loaded, SSE complaining about a damaged Save.

3 hours ago, erasedisknow said:

due to my character being flagged as "in Combat"

Yes i noticed...

A save in the Middle of a fight, while having Lydia (the trample) as a Follower, attracting the attention EVERY enemy around,

in broad Daylight while being a Vampire, wearing a Modded Armor which dissolved into thin Air on load, at Level twenty something,

wielding your novice-level destruction spells. Thanks btw for warning me beforehand :-)

That was quite the wakeup-call, but didn't crashed for me.

Though my own Mods decided to initialize that very Moment, causing quite some framedrops.

I think some of your Mods contributing to your stability issues.

Try to disable one after another and attempt to load the cleaned save, maybe starting with Beyond Skyrim?

52 minutes ago, flatliner10 said:

It worked for me, at least after Cleaning.

The original file could not be loaded, SSE complaining about a damaged Save.

Yes i noticed...

A save in the Middle of a fight, while having Lydia (the trample) as a Follower, attracting the attention EVERY enemy around,

in broad Daylight while being a Vampire, wearing a Modded Armor which dissolved into thin Air on load, at Level twenty something,

wielding your novice-level destruction spells. Thanks btw for warning me beforehand :-)

That was quite the wakeup-call, but didn't crashed for me.

Though my own Mods decided to initialize that very Moment, causing quite some framedrops.

I think some of your Mods contributing to your stability issues.

Try to disable one after another and attempt to load the cleaned save, maybe starting with Beyond Skyrim?

So, basically some of the instability is due to the fact that my mod situation tends to wind up as a bit of a clusterfuck and I still save like a normal player?

So I uninstalled BS along with a few other mods I wasn't using, (bikini ascend, some random armor and automatic crossbows (bound bow is just better)) and now my game won't even LOAD the housekeeping save, as my game just reports that as corrupt. (even after grabbing a fresh copy of the files from the compressed file) 

Is the easiest method at this point just to delete my saves and start a new character, and then just NOT change my mod situation beyond updates to mods?

Honestly your Game seems like you made a Mess out of it.

Would recommend, getting rid of all Mods, Verifying you installation,

And start over, only install the Mods you actually used and enjoyed. (One at a time)

Test them properly before moving on.

Don't uninstall them midway trough.

Always make a backup before updating anything, make sure it still works and revert back if not.

Here's my last attempt in trying to save your progress:

- Cleaned out everything Mod Related As well as Safely Possible.

- Created a Vanilla SSE Installation (Wanted to do this anyway)

- Loaded Cleaned save

- Finished your fight

- Put your Character in the Nightingale Armor for the Time being

- Saved anew (no SKE)

- Cleaned leftovers

- loaded again in Vanilla -still works fine

All your Modded stuff if surely gone, but it surly works in Vanilla.

good luck

Purged.7z

16 hours ago, flatliner10 said:

Honestly your Game seems like you made a Mess out of it.

Yeah, I know. I like having not only mods that do shit that honestly should have been part of vanilla skyrim, but also like tweaking the gameplay up a bit. Plus, theres always some armors I like (scarlet dawn especially) 

Would the reccomended mod reinstall order be something along the lines of:

1. Unoffical Patch
  2. Frameworks (HDT, CBBE, FNIS, etc.)
  3. Gameplay altering (sacrosanct)
  4. Animations
  5. Texture packs/better map
  6. Armor and weapons

Followed, of course, by having LOOT decide the optimal load order?

Looks reasonable to me, LOOT can give you some directions when it comes to roughly sorting your mods,

however the description of the Mods them-self often gives better insight and Tips to special cases. LOOT doesn't always get it right (or optimal).

And no, i'm not a fan of cleaning the Games Masterfiles, modder's should be aware of Bethesta's little (and not so little) mistakes, that's what the Unofficial Patch is for.

Also no fan of BethINI, broke my Game on more than one occasion.

There's no general order in which mods are suppose to be installed, it all depends on the mod in question and what it does.

As a ruler of thumb, requirements are supposed to be above the Mod which needs the requirement.

Anything that alters the landscape, cells or NPC's before AI and behavior related stuff.

Textures are usually uncritical (without meshes) and can go anywhere, but i would put them in last so they don't get overwritten,

even if they get overwritten, the Game usually don't break.

Always make sure you have the requirements fulfilled for a mod (some even need special versions of said requirement)

Some Mods need special compatibility-patches in a particular order, to be used with certain other mods.

USSE-Patch is a must-have in my opinion, and a requirement for many mods.

Adding Mods later on is mostly save, for as long there are no conflicts, and you get the load order right.

Removing them is where the most issues start.

8 minutes ago, flatliner10 said:

Removing them is where the most issues start.

Yeah. I kinda figured that one out the hard way, as on this save I originally had better vampires, but switched to sacrosanct as BV just felt soulless. Removing it was not only a headache but hey, some mods are just better than others.

Yeah, so I tried loading up the save you sent and my game just CTDs every time. I even have video. It will go as far as the loading screen and then, BOOM. CTD. IDK what is causing this, but at this point, I'm inclined to just start a new game and see if that works, as in the past I've had success loading saves like this if I first get game fully loaded and shit.

2018-05-09_15-59-14.mp4

EDIT: My game will successfully load up if I make a new game, but if I try to load the save you sent me, it just CTDs.

EDIT2: Tried again on a COMPLETELY CLEAN INSTALL, I completely uninstalled SSE and reinstalled it from steam (deleting stuff that steam doesn't auto-delete as well) and it still CTDs. It's looking more and more like just completely restarting the game from scratch is my only option at this point.

Steam does not delete anything, just verifies if everything is there and valid.

Maybe some leftover Meshes/Scripts in the Folder (Loose files get priority)?

The (Vanilla)Data Folder is usually pretty empty, asides from the Vanilla ESM'S and BSA's only the Video Subfolder ist there.

I start to wonder whenever you might have Configuration or driver related issues.

As i said, it loads fine in my Vanilla SkyrimSE.

Would be useful if someone else could test it.

Oh and here:

https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/6555-mini-guide-stable-skyrim/

I Can't help you beyond that, sorry.

20 hours ago, flatliner10 said:

Steam does not delete anything, just verifies if everything is there and valid.

Maybe some leftover Meshes/Scripts in the Folder (Loose files get priority)?

The (Vanilla)Data Folder is usually pretty empty, asides from the Vanilla ESM'S and BSA's only the Video Subfolder ist there.

I start to wonder whenever you might have Configuration or driver related issues.

As i said, it loads fine in my Vanilla SkyrimSE.

Would be useful if someone else could test it.

Oh and here:

https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/6555-mini-guide-stable-skyrim/

I Can't help you beyond that, sorry.

I used the Uninstall game function on steam and then went into my SSE install and manually deleted what was left, to ensure as clean of an install as possible.

Also, even though you say you can't help me any more, you were a MASSIVE help anyways and I would like to thank you greatly for the help you were able to provide.

• 2 weeks later...

I also can not confirm the  statement of "Solstheim being generally buggy", had no issues with it during my last play-trough, despite running a bunch of mods.

I don't encounter more or less instabilities in Solstheim compared to the rest of the Game.

Maybe this "Myth" was caused by certain older mods which were released before Dragonborn DLC and never been revised to reflect the additional stuff and changes

Bethesta put in the Game.

Even if a Mod does not require a DLC, the DLC still might change aspects of the Game which are also accessed by the Mod.

Archived