Deformed Noses

Not sure what's causing this one.

enb2018_4_23_12_43_14.thumb.jpg.2bb2b220b9873e83c2ea4a02ed18c57d.jpgenb2018_4_23_12_43_19.thumb.jpg.cd4d6aa976782289db42f3b74c8a73df.jpg

Load Order

*Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
*ArmorKeywords.esm
*Robot Home Defence.esm
*SettlementKeywords.esm
*four_play_resources.esm
*VotWMaster.esm
*AutoUnequipPipboy.esm
*SpringCleaning.esm
*Homemaker.esm
*OVT.esp
*Quieter Settlements - Vanilla.esp
*Quieter Settlements - Wasteland Workshop.esp
*Quieter Settlements - Contraptions.esp
*AdvSettleTurretSet-RealNP.esp
*VisibleCompanionAffinity.esp
*NoNegativeAffinity.esp
*NoAffinityCooldown.esp
*Crazy_Animations_Gun.esp
*ARWCSM - 2 - Full - Vanilla Weights.esp
*Rebuilt_SeriesPrewarHouses.esp
*Armorsmith Extended.esp
*CommonwealthConifersREDUX.esp
*GoodOldCartoonsBonus.esp
*More Armor Slots - All Dlc.esp
*LooksMenu.esp
*AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp
*AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Ballistic Weave.esp
*AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - No Crafting Perks.esp
*AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Power Armor Carry Capacity.esp
*AdvBubbleTurretSet-Real.esp
*NoraSpouse.esp
*Minutemenoverhaul.esp
*NPC Spawner.esp
*FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp
*Dongs_Of_Fallout.esp
*Animated_Fannies.esp
*Pip-Boy Flashlight.esp
*AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - AWKCR.esp
*AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - AWKCR Power Armor.esp
*Immortal Cats - Cat Meat to Cat Food.esp
*LooksMirror.esp
*Multiple Floors Sandboxing.esp
*DN Far Harbor.esp
*K9TacticalHarness.esp
*DynamicInteriorFogRemoval.esp
*Armorsmith All DLCs Patch.esp
*Pilgrim.esp
*PilgrimDarkMeat.esp
*DN Music.esp
*DNMega.esp
*Mindless_Sex.esp
*TrueGrass.esp
*FP_Kidnapped.esp
*Vinfamy_CP.esp
*FP_VanillaFudge.esp
*NoraSpouseV101LooksMenuAddon.esp
*GoodOldCartoonsVolumeI.esp
*GoodOldCartoonsVolumeII.esp
*GoodOldCartoonsVolumeIII.esp
*4PlaySEU.esp
*D.E.C.A.Y.esp
*IncreasedSettlerPopulation50.esp
*LongerPowerLinesInf.esp
*Power Conduits and Pylons - Increased Radius x3.esp
*RichMerchants.esp
*Craftable Vault 81 Cure (Earned).esp
*Companion Fall Damage Immunity.esp
*MiscHairstyle.esp
*M9.esp
*M2216.esp
*Cute Rylee.esp
*CompanionsGoHome_A.esp
*DD_bleu_Ump_Extreme_Lore_friendly_edition.esp
*Lots More Male Hairstyles.esp
*Lots More Facial Hair.esp
*Lots More Female Hairstyles.esp
*Gen3Nick Human Eyes.esp
*Survivalist.esp
*Locksmith.esp
*DD_Khassar_De_Templari_Increased_build.esp
*Crossbow.esp
*M45A1.esp
*Dogmeat's Backpack.esp
*Skip DIMA memories.esp
*USP 45.esp
*Reload Sounds.esp
*No More Fake Puddles - Nuka World 1-0.esp
*Repaired Roofs.esp
*MonnoBikini_AWKCR.esp
*M1014.esp
*M1014- AWKCR Compatibility.esp
*BTInteriors_Project.esp
*Starlight Drive in Revamped.esp
*ENBLightsHDRPatch.esp
*The Castle.esp
*DOOMSCARLK.esp
*BTInt_Optimization.esp
*Nuka-World Collectable Markers.esp
*Nuka World Bottle Fix.esp
*AA FusionCityRising.esp
*Swinging Meat Bags.esp
*LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
*AA FusionCityRising - HotC.esp
*OutcastsAndRemnants.esp
*Raider Children.esp
*Killable Children.esp
*FallComplete.esp
*GN_Home.esp
*VotWStarlightDriveIn.esp
*DOOM1911.esp
*DOOMMAC11.esp
*DiamondCityPlus.esp
*AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
*KSHairdos.esp
*TheKite_MilitiaWoman.esp
*BeastWhisperer.esp
*EFF.esp
*PlatinumCurieV2.1.esp
*EnclaveX02.esp
*SettlementPrivacy.esp
*AgemoNPCs(E).esp
*Beautiful Magnolia.esp
*ImmersiveLoversEmbrace.esp
*ArchUniqueSettlers.esp
*Not Your Average Neon.esp
*CheatTerminal.esp
*Cyber-Light Apartments.esp
*Immortal Cats 2.esp
*Orphans.esp
*FP_FamilyPlanning.esp
*TFDeagle.esp
*four_play.esp
*FP_Violate.esp
*FP_Prostitution.esp
*DildoBatStrapOn.esp
*FP_Autonomy.esp
*CMA_Arena.esp
*SCAR-L.esp
*ModularKalash.esp
*R91M.esp
*MP153.esp
*ellen.esp
*FO4 NPCs Travel.esp
*llamaCompanionHeather.esp
*P99.esp
*RebuiltSanctuaryBridge.esp
*T-51C Power Armor.esp
*Leyla the Companion.esp
*Sydney the Companion.esp
*VotWSpecialVideos.esp
*DOOMDesertEagle.esp
*Skibs-WH77Redux.esp
*Hellfirenew.esp
*HaxAUG.esp
*Clothing Of The Commonwealth.esp
*THSurvivorKnife.esp
*SC_ExpandedScrapList.esp
*Scrap Everything - Ultimate Edition.esp
*BrighterSettlementLights_LongAndSoft.esp
*Waterworld - Very Translucent.esp
*EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
*dD-Enhanced Blood Basic.esp
*dD - Small Splatter Size.esp
*3dscopes-framework.esp
*The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
*Prettier_Piper_Redhead.esp
*AgentBreaMaccreadySmallEyes.esp
*CraftableAnimationMarkers.esp
*Evil Detective Outfit.esp
*BusySettlers.esp
*ArcadeMachine.esp
*Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power.esp
*Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects.esp
*Waterworld - Puddle Fix.esp
*llamaCompanionHeather-AE Patch.esp
*AnotherLife.esp
*CBBE.esp

Clearly, Nate popped her for burning dinner.  Look at him smirking about it too.... smug bastard.

It's difficult to tell from your LO what may have caused that.  Load it up in FO4Edit, when it finishes loading, check the Player record for any overrides to the face info.  If it's all females, and not the player, check the Human race record for same.

9 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

Clearly, Nate popped her for burning dinner.  Look at him smirking about it too.... smug bastard.

It's difficult to tell from your LO what may have caused that.  Load it up in FO4Edit, when it finishes loading, check the Player record for any overrides to the face info.  If it's all females, and not the player, check the Human race record for same.

Do what? Never used it before.

ok that looks alright

if there is only one form under Player then that isn't the problem because nothing is overwriting it

so now have a look in Race at 19 - DefaultRace & 13746 - HumanRace

and if there is nothing there then i am not sure what is the issue.

also i had another look at your load order

what is this from  *NoraSpouseV101LooksMenuAddon.esp

also the next thing to do is to disable all of your mods and start the game

and slowly add mods to the load order until you find the problem

I honestly have no clue what's going on. There are no colors or anything all of this stuff is so messy and disorganized. I removed NPCSpawner and NoraLooksMenuAddon but its still there for those 2 presets. Morphing the nose or changing the type doesn't do anything as its still deformed. So its something to do with them. Could a preset from Nexus cause it?

A preset for LooksMenu would not generally cause this.  When you change to any vanilla preset, other noses, etc. - more or less confirms that you're seeing it everywhere.  That's what leads me to assume that this is being caused by an edit either to the Player or Human race record.

FO4Edit will only show conflicts and overwrites when >1 plugin are loaded, and the program has completely finished loading.

When you "load everything" in FO4Edit, follow these steps:

1. On the Master/Plugin Selection - right click and "Select All" so all plugins are ticked, then click OK

image.png.bfdfaf6240ff8477f3755118e93cace7.png

2. Wait for it to load completely.  Loading time will vary depending on how many plugins are in the load order.  Mine, with 251 takes about 2min to completely load).  When it is complete, there will be a status message indicating so in the bottom left corner.

image.thumb.png.046294174e388b9506ccd071d5d48dbe.png

3. To check the Player's record, expand Fallout4.esm>Non-Player Character (Actor), select 000007 Player record

image.thumb.png.40fb870c3e3ab07f6eb7adce027246ec.png 

The right side panel outlines all the settings for the particular record in rows.  Columns indicate 1 or more plugins which have settings for that record.  Priority order (load order wins) is from left to right.  The plugin which is farthest to the left "wins" any conflicts or discrepancies.  Green rows indicate no change, yellows and pinks indicate added, altered or conflicting settings  in the plugin to it's left.

In the above, 3 plugins are affecting the Player record, but only the UniqueFemalePlayer.esp mod is "winning" because it is loading last (farthest to the right).

To easily see only the conflict rows, right click anywhere in the right panel and select "Hide no conflict rows":

image.thumb.png.b8972b077a826c1369e82e0ffcd78614.png

In this example, we see that 2 records were added by UniqueFemalePlayer.esp, and 4 were altered from both fallout4.esm and WRVR.esp.

Here is the same view of the Human race record, for reference.

image.thumb.png.21e000897632fbe8b0cfb38f33c796dc.png

image.png

OK that would normally rule out a plugin alter.  It's good information, but continues to be a challenge.  If you were to say, disable all your plugins and load the game up - it would seem reasonable that this would continue if no plugin was causing it.

Not sure if it loaded correctly however, The mod Looks Menu Customization Compendium should have overwrites to your Race - Human record - see above Human - Race screenshot.

If it is not the plugin, that could lead to the other, which initially seemed less likely, scenarios - something else could be overwriting it.

BTW, is this ALL females in the game, or only the player's model?  If it is all females in the game, it could be the mesh itself has been overwritten.

Also, what Mod Manager are you using?

Since your LO only includes mods with actual plugins, we can't know what else you might have installed.

To rule out a mesh overwrite, look for the folder (for Nexus Mod Manager) at the path: ..yourgameinstall\Fallout 4\Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\Character Assets\

and the files  basefemalehead.nif and basefemale_facebones.nif  - Load these up in either NifSkope or Outfit Studio to get a look at them.  If they are deformed, then it is a mesh overwrite from some mod.

It should like this:  

image.thumb.png.45f1014a38965c9ff4146b4f5faa67ff.png

Not like this: 

image.thumb.png.9fd525ded4b5510ba4eb8fdd9d02240b.png

Not sure what to do I got Outfit Studio open but thats far as I got. There is no basefemalehead in the folder too. Just femalebody femalehands malebody etc.

Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\meshes\actors\character\characterassets            correct?

Edit: I did just spot basefemaleheadchargen.tri when searching the folder outside Outfit Studio.

There is also HumanRaceFacialBoneRegionsFemale text file and another text file called HumanRaceFacialBoneRegionUIRemappingFemale

So it's not in your base game folder (again good).  At this point, we're grasping at straws... :frown:

To filter down to the mod that is causing this quickly....

Take half your load order and disable it - then test in game.  If it the issue occurs, you know the mod is in that half.  Half it again, and retest, halfing your LO again and testing repeatedly until you get to the offender.  This may only take 5-7 tests to find the mod, doing it this way.

There is also HumanRaceFacialBoneRegionsFemale text file and another text file called HumanRaceFacialBoneRegionUIRemappingFemale

I am not familiar directly with either of these files unfortunately - though from the names, they do sound like they would have to do female face morphs.  Where were they located?

9 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

So it's not in your base game folder (again good).  At this point, we're grasping at straws... :frown:

To filter down to the mod that is causing this quickly....

Take half your load order and disable it - then test in game.  If it the issue occurs, you know the mod is in that half.  Half it again, and retest, halfing your LO again and testing repeatedly until you get to the offender.  This may only take 5-7 tests to find the mod, doing it this way.

I am not familiar directly with either of these files unfortunately - though from the names, they do sound like they would have to do female face morphs.  Where were they located?

They're in the Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\meshes\actors\character\characterassets folder

I wast just inspecting those files and testing what they do.

They appear to be defaults and limits (upper/lower) for the face gen looksmenu.  In HumanRaceFacialBoneRegionsFemale - I set the scale min/max values for one of the nose entries to -10 and 10, with default 0 - and in game it looked as normal.  Only when i went to scale the nose with looks menu, it now had 10x larger and 10x smaller range than perviously.

Changing the default settings appeared to have no effect on what the character looked like normally.  The UI Mapping, I believe has to do with the coordinates of where the various face parts are on the face mesh.  So when you hover your mouse over a certain area, it knows this is the nose, or mouth, eyes, etc.

You have "Oni Cute Asian Face Parts" or "Asian Face Enhanced" installed. Or you uninstalled it with NMM which left the .TRI files behind.

They mess up some of the vanilla presets / morphs, looks exactly the same in my game.

5UUpGCPS_o.jpg

BTW there are more bugs with a vertex spike piercing the mouth/jaw, if you pick a bad combination of sliders.

Oni Cute Asian is still an essential mod though, i use it on all my female faces.

FX47psP9_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9.5.2018 at 8:12 PM, Darkening Demise said:

I do not have or had those.

Just delete the .TRI files, they don't belong there unless you installed them yourself along with a mod like the Oni Asian Face thingy.

Archived