Children of Sexout

Pregnancy causes children. Anyone with basic anatomy knowledge knows this. But videogame pregnancy causing videogame children is something different.

Halstrom's Pregnancy mod causes kids that need to be dealt with. He suggests a certain follower mod on Nexus, but that mod is clunky to say the least. I had an idea a while back to create an Orphanage for the kids, but that was too big a bite for my first true mod and it fell flat. So now I'm thinking of a mod for offspring control. But I don't know where to start. Should children be full-blown companions like Boone and the gang? Or should they be semi-autonomous followers like the NCR soldiers you can recruit through the NCR Emergency Radio?

Ideas? Suggestions? And links to tutorials on companion creation would help too.

There is a mod called BabyDeathclawCommander on Nexus I wanted to convert to work with Deathclaw Eggs from SCR, I failed and got busy with other stuff to try again, if you could get that o work it porbably wouldn't be much trouble to get expand it to work for other eggs then later other offspring. It's full permissions too.

Just use the offspring as currency. Human offspring can be sold off to NCR, Legion or maybe even Raiders as soldiers and to Slavers as slaves and creatures can be sold to the douchey doctor/scientist at the NCR or Keeley at that vegetable vault. Like how Paladin Wang or w/e the fuck his name was in Fallout 3 were he gave you stuff for turning in tech to the Black BOS guys.

Change up the rewards and benefits for each faction/group to expand it a little and maybe even throw in some moral choices when you hear what each of them will do with given offspring. To lessen the potential moral implications off selling of female offspring to slavers/raiders/legion, make it only that any offspring by Pregnancy mod will only be male and perhaps maybe make that option toggle-able if in fact some people have no problems with selling off female offspring to suspect factions.

I dont think people actually care for a very expansive mod that deals with offspring. As long as it gets them off their hands they will be more than happy with it.

I think human offspring should be an item in inventory and can be sold......may be if someone who has the skill, can create a baby carrier, like the ingame leather bag, but for carrying baby with a baby. The illustration is like this:

09.jpg

Or.......

avery-beco-baby-carrier-lg-1.jpg

It has another function......as shield for the mother.......just kidding. The back type is perfect.

@Beck11, I understand where you're coming from. I even somewhat agree with your comment about people not caring as long as they can dump the kid.

I just can't help but think of Dimon99's disclaimer on all his mods: I make mods for me. If it works well, I share it. Don't like it? Don't use it.

@Halstrom, thanks, I'll check it out.

Just use the offspring as currency. Human offspring can be sold off to NCR' date=' Legion or maybe even Raiders as soldiers and to Slavers as slaves and creatures can be sold to the douchey doctor/scientist at the NCR or Keeley at that vegetable vault. Like how Paladin Wang or w/e the fuck his name was in Fallout 3 were he gave you stuff for turning in tech to the Black BOS guys.

Change up the rewards and benefits for each faction/group to expand it a little and maybe even throw in some moral choices when you hear what each of them will do with given offspring. To lessen the potential moral implications off selling of female offspring to slavers/raiders/legion, make it only that any offspring by Pregnancy mod will only be male and perhaps maybe make that option toggle-able if in fact some people have no problems with selling off female offspring to suspect factions.

I dont think people actually care for a very expansive mod that deals with offspring. As long as it gets them off their hands they will be more than happy with it.[/quote']

Hmm not bad thinking, I can start by putting a slider in for Male/Female Offspring Sex Percentage that's easy enough to do and keeps all parties happy.

Somone could do a whole Plugin where it scans for offspring with the Player when they enter locations & dialogue then remove them, paying the Player caps.

I'm still trying to get Package swapping happening then they could just wander off too.

I'll create a faction to add them too and also a formlist containing them all that could be checked against by a scanner script.

I'm assuming we are only wanting young offspring, adult offspring could put up a fight perhaps in preference to being sold.

I'm hoping to make an option to make them killable somehow so you could have to be careful transporting them to the slavers too.

What I want to do is make them full, fireable companions if possible. That way, disposing of them should be as easy as setting them a home marker and sending them home. This could, in turn, make it possible to resurrect my Orphanage idea by setting the Orphanage as home through dialogue with the director, then telling the kid to go there.

I don't think the kids oughta be full-blown companions, at least not until they're of an age when they can handle themselves. A 5-yr old can follow you around, sure, but when the shooting starts he/she oughta have standing orders to make themselves scarce and cower behind a rock or something until it's over. Also, as long as the kid's useless in a fight, it shouldn't count towards your max followers.

Selling your kids... not really what I'd go for either. In fact, if you want to get rid of 'em, it's more plausible you'll have to fork over some caps to somebody to take care of 'em. How moral your decision is then just depends on who you dump 'em on.

Would be nice if there was a feature that if you try to abandon it out in the wastes, it follows you regardless. And you end up having to let it tag along grudgingly until you find a better place.

Sometimes morality gets in the way of making a plausible idea a good idea though.

Selling the offspring for example wouldnt be a big deal at all if the character was of the twisted, sadistic, evil sort. Hell, Slavers pay big for the young ones they can raise from the that early of an age. I think it sould be a viable choice for the player. Get paid big, but tank your karma and reputation with the "good guys".

Otherwise, for the normal would-be NV Moms out there, I'd suggest a graduated progression for offspring akin to Doc's idea.

Offspring grow into age catagories: Enfant, Young, Teen, Adult at the very least. Each age catagory will dictate what the offsrping is.

Enfant may as well just be an item in your inventory adding weight, nutritional burdens and skill penalties while carried. This of course makes it easier to sell off to slavers, Khans and god forbid Fiends.

The Young catagory would be your basic vanilla child NPC. Good for nothing but to follow you around eating yoru food and runs everytime a fight breaks out. Basically, no companion control besides Follow.

Teen offers you the first real bit of companion control. Combat worthy though still weak. Comands would be limited to the basics but again, you can't dismiss it.

Adulthood would obviously grant the offspring full companion control like any Vanilla companion in addition to the possiblity of 1) Dismissing the offsring cutting it loose into the big wide wastes or 2) having the offspring leave you based on Karma conflicts.

Now if none of that is you thing and your brain explodes at the thought of selling a baby to slavers, you can always take the neutral route of adding an adoption option to certain medical facilities of even have certain key NPCs be willing to take them like Doc, Old Lady Gibson or even factional leaders. Have those NPCs adopt/take the kids off yoru hands so the offspring just dissapears into the background of the world story or actually grows up around the adopting NPC eventually turning into a generic NPC of that faction. Think about it... do you think Gibson or Doc would turn down a chance to have some help around the house?

Free labor is an investment.

Now that we're talking nice, old people: there's also the couples in Primm & Novac. But really, it doesn't have to be npc-specific. Pretty much any npc oughta be approachable for this, & afterwards you set your marker. So whether you want to leave it with nice people or not-so-nice people, that'd be your choice to live with.

And this debate is why I originally wanted to make my Orphanage. I'm thinking of resurrecting that idea. Somewhere morally neutral for you to dispose of children. It is then on them to decide what to do with the kids.

Always liked the idea, Kain. Combined with companion stuff, it could be the one-stop solution for all your offspring troubles. Would be happy to lend a hand now & again.

I'll create a faction to add them too and also a formlist containing them all that could be checked against by a scanner script.

I'm assuming we are only wanting young offspring' date=' adult offspring could put up a fight perhaps in preference to being sold.

I'm hoping to make an option to make them killable somehow so you could have to be careful transporting them to the slavers too.

[/quote']

It's likely the realm of another mod, but I'd like to see small places around the Mojave. Slavers, orphanages, etc. They'll take the kid off your hands, or even buy the kid from you. Then you see them take up an AI of the local area. Farming, lollygagging, becoming small legionaries as opposed to simply disappearing.

Repopulate the wasteland, one companion at a time! Okay, that's probably all wishful thinking.

Well' date=' the spawn from Pregnancy do. As to random children in the game? Not so much.[/quote']

Just referring to the spawn. I know the official children don't.

The should grow & mature, they are blocked from sex till they mature into adults, but I'm having a few issues there currently as I've upgraded a lot of scripts and broke some older stuff :)

Does anybody remember the Morrowind Romance Mod? I'd like to have the children go somewhat in that direction.

When your female character gave birth the Baby became an equippable item that you carried around on your back and cried from time to time. You could then interact with it in order to make it go to sleep.

Nothing stopped you from dropping the baby however wherever you wanted to. You could just buy a cradle (or don't) and drop it on the floor. It would stay there forever and not even die. For roleplay reasons I left it often with the father and when he disappeared as the plot demanded I left it in the guild house.

I think that the option to sell the children should be there, but not the only option. Roleplaywise I would love to take care of my kids just because they are there or leave them temporarily in somebody's care when I make dangerous discoveries and fights.

An orphanage is also a good idea, but I would still love an option to interact and take care of the children, maybe even getting the possibility to name them. In the Morrowind Mod the children got randomly generated names dependent on their race (you could then choose from a list). Maybe something like that would be possible was well?

To be fair my toon has never given birth up till now, because of several issues and restarts I had with Sexout (paired with a very long pregnancy duration, because I wanted it to be realistic), so I really don't know how the offsprings currently behave. However, as stated above, in addition to the "easy-dump", which certainly appeals to a lot of people and is probably wiser gameplay-wise I would love some interaction: taking care of the baby, the possibility for it to die in fights etc.