SkyrimVR Sexlab Lite Temporary Patch

On 9/6/2019 at 11:07 PM, prinyo said:

The problem that this settings should fix is a very specific one and happens in specific situations. There are several similar script calls that VRIK can handle that are made to help it work in an animation.

The way I see it there are 6 different possible situations in an animation :  standing, kneeling and lying down - in top (male) or bottom (female) position. They can produce different results while using the same settings. My idea is to add the possible script calls as options in the MCM of the VR patch for SL Light so people can set them up the way that works for them and test it.

I'm going to upload a version of the VR patch with those options when I solve the problem that all those situations seem to suffer from with the current VRIK versions - camera shake. Seems this is not a problem of VRIK, but is caused by the way the player character is positioned for the animation. But so far I haven't found a way to fix it.

Regardless, I'm going to upload an experimental version of the VR patch soon, so things can be tested by more people with different setups and use cases.

Is there anything us non-modders can do to support this work? I'm very much interested in finding a solution for VRIK and SL to play together nicely (ie, being able to use first person view) and would be happy to contribute to the project.

4 hours ago, Ramajam said:

Is there anything us non-modders can do to support this work? I'm very much interested in finding a solution for VRIK and SL to play together nicely (ie, being able to use first person view) and would be happy to contribute to the project.

I'm planning to upload a test version this week even if I can't find a satisfactory solution for the last problem I'm facing - at lest so more people can test with different use cases and setups.

The situation currently is:

1. VRIK now (0.7) generally works in an animation - in the latest versions there is a new scripting option added to the one existing before that  makes the body follow the animation completely, instead of trying to correct it's position.

Technical details:

The following 3 lines make sure the  VRIK body follows the anims:

VRIK.VrikSetSetting("lockHeightToBody", 1)
            VRIK.VrikSetSetting("enablePosture", 0)
            VRIK.VrikSetSetting("enableBody", 0)
At the end of the anim the 3 settings need to be changed back,

2. Problem now - camera is shaking. This seems a problem with SL Light that so far I haven't been able to resolve. I have some more ideas of things to try but if I can't resolve it by Friday I'm going to upload a test version with an instruction how to work around this while playing.

3. Problem for later - VRIK can't handle the body been rotated by an animation. This is a specific problem for when the player is in the "female" position and the participants need to face eachother - like kissing. Not sure this is always the case, but it seems in most animations it is the "female" position that is been rotated. For now I'm thinking of adding a setting that will always force the player character to be in the "male" position in animations.

So in short - there should be an update to test and play with by the end of the week.

On 9/18/2019 at 7:46 PM, Ramajam said:

I have uploaded an experimental update to the VR patch with VRIK support here.

All feedback is welcome and really needed.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:41 PM, prinyo said:

I have uploaded an experimental update to the VR patch with VRIK support here.

All feedback is welcome and really needed.

I tried it quickly for me it had few small  issues:

Many animations were resulting with my VRIK body freaking out (including one instance where I had my head at ground)

This was not too much of an issue but when I tried to revert to a clone body then all animations tried to center on me which then caused them to be misaligned. 

All in all it is good progress but I decided after this to revert back to the non VRIK patch (which  fixed the issues above) hope it helps. So far though I feel that out of body experience as clone is probably what`s best. It gets the job done and as sexlab is not really an interactive experience anyway I feel it does just what I asked for (and reduce complexity of having to deal with one mod instead of 2 on your end).

Ideally I'd rather see me becoming no collision during animation, so I can get close and personal without my clone complaining about me trying to do a threesome ;).  

3 minutes ago, Frel said:

Ideally I'd rather see me becoming no collision during animation, so I can get close and personal without my clone complaining about me trying to do a threesome

I don't understand. The clone should have no collision in the animation so you should be able to "enter" it.

4 minutes ago, Frel said:

Many animations were resulting with my VRIK body freaking out (including one instance where I had my head at ground)

There is an update file in the comments and another one probably coming later today, but they are mostly for people interested in testing. But yes - the lying down animations can be problematic also for the player - to figure out what is going on. Things look different looking from outside ?

7 minutes ago, Frel said:

when I tried to revert to a clone body then all animations tried to center on me which then caused them to be misaligned. 

Yep, right now the idea is to just try and find solutions for the problems and some of the new code will be executed always. But when it gets to a stable release version everything will be with proper checks so all non-VRIK options will still work as now.

8 minutes ago, prinyo said:

I don't understand. The clone should have no collision in the animation so you should be able to "enter" it.

I probably should have said "no detect" instead of "no collision" when I get too close (and stealth bc of crouching) my clone often say the typical things when you are in stealth too close from a NPC. Not a biggy though and in term of RP I`d say "what are you doing?" if a perv would try to get into the action while I`m busy ;)

44 minutes ago, Frel said:

I probably should have said "no detect" instead of "no collision" when I get too close (and stealth bc of crouching) my clone often say the typical things when you are in stealth too close from a NPC. Not a biggy though and in term of RP I`d say "what are you doing?" if a perv would try to get into the action while I`m busy ;)

I can add code that disables the RL crouching sneak (the INI setting bComfortSneak) while the clone is active.

On 8/16/2019 at 4:48 AM, prog0111 said:

V0.6.0 is a giant update that changes a ton.  The body posture system is way overhauled, and can be fully disabled by that new mod setting.  I forgot to mention I added another setting to disable the head animation as well, so you can fully escape the body through mods again.

If an animation puts you in a "sitting" state, changes there will also kick in.  While sitting VRIK will be much more aggressive about keeping your head aligned on your shoulders.  It basically shoves the heatset towards the body if you get too far away, and will lift/lower it as needed.  The idea here was that some players like to activate a bar stool and then walk across the room and actually sit down for immersion's sake.  Sitting does not fully eliminate body IK though; you can still lean.  I'm thinking this system might be useful to keep the player aligned to their body for other animations where you can't move.

For V0.7.0 I decided to just fix every bug I can, make an easier calibration system, and generally polish the mod.  It seems like a good time to fish for more mod-support features that might help.  Right now I'm looking into ways to detect player animation states (GetAnimationVariableBool and such).  I think I might be able to detect if the player is riding a cart through these.  If I can also use them to detect a special idle animation or a paired animation is going on, then I can activate any special logic necessary.  Let me know if you happen to already know a method (even if it's just some Papyrus).  I was thinking to do something like having hand/arm animations play normally unless you move your real hands too far away, then let normal IK kick in (unless a mod is telling me otherwise).  That way I can support FNIS type stuff more generally.

VRIK uses the direction of the first person skeleton for the current facing direction.  If an animation rotates this it might really throw VRIK off, and have the body rotate around.  I actually can use the headset direction instead, but it's slightly less accurate at a low level in practice...

Hi ! I think till the HMD will be as actor,  all animations will be broken or  wrong oriented.  I tried many combinations of VRIK settings, but even i saw something like "correct" next animation was absolutely wrong.  @Prog, after youre reverse researches, how it will be difficult to add function for attach camera to neck bone of target NPC?  May be somebody will find it useful for, i dont know, cut scenes, or for animal vision, or Killcams...  I think with screen fade out it will be not so sickeningly. And people can change animation to reduce  amplitude of body motion.  Or use only compatible animations.

Second variant is  to hook  Game.PlayerAttachToActor() function , and change attach to node . It works brilliant, but connected to NPC node. Game.PlayerAttachToActor(none) - returns you back.  Both of it requires  absolutely disable vrik function during animation. 

I think it will be popular like IFPV at flatrim and open new opportunities for moders. 

• 3 weeks later...

1) If one major problem is that different settings work for different animations - would it be possible to create and save a settings file that sets them per-animation (in a way similar to how sexlab does for fine tuning actor positions per animation)? Basically while playing you'd figure out which settings work for particular animation, and set them up through MCM or some similar method. Of course this could also extend into setting specific animations to 1st / 3rd person view.

2) Would it be difficult to add a way to enable the mod to alter the time rate of the game - basically slow down the game speed globally for animations, to help deal with animations that are too fast for comfort especially in 1st person view? Ideally I suppose this could be part of the first option - but simply having a global speed to switch to could help.

• 1 year later...