Creation kit crash

2 hours ago, bigglebojiggle said:

So long story short, when I try to run CK, it hangs for a second and crashes at "initializing archive". It happens through MO or straight from steam or the folder itself. If anyone has any ideas on possible causes I'd be grateful.

You can try run the CK as Administrator.
While the CK is initializing, DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING.

You probably need to add the below to the SkyrimEditor.ini

But you did not tell us the error right before crash so I had to assume. If you are trying to open a plugin that depends on one of the dlc then you need to tell the kit to open the relevant archives.

To do that; open SkyrimEditor.ini (in skyrim folder) then under [Archive] section, you find need to ensure that the names of the archives for the dlc are added.

Basically wherever you see "Update.bsa," add "Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa" after it, like below...

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa
bUseArchives=1
SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa
SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

21 hours ago, RohZima said:

You probably need to add the below to the SkyrimEditor.ini

But you did not tell us the error right before crash so I had to assume. If you are trying to open a plugin that depends on one of the dlc then you need to tell the kit to open the relevant archives.

To do that; open SkyrimEditor.ini (in skyrim folder) then under [Archive] section, you find need to ensure that the names of the archives for the dlc are added.

Basically wherever you see "Update.bsa," add "Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa" after it, like below...

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa
bUseArchives=1
SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa
SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

I'll double check my editor ini, but I'm not getting an error message. It irks literally starting up, the bottom middle of the window says "initializing archive" then it crashes

22 hours ago, Aq150 said:

You can try run the CK as Administrator.
While the CK is initializing, DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING.

I'll give this a shot. Never thought to try it since the skse, launcher etc don't use that

Archived