Gender Preferences in KW and Story Progression

I have a question about gender preferences in SP. I already have KW, which alters the gender preferences by male and female homosexuality and bisexuality. Is there a way to use KW’s gender preferences still over SP. Or is SP better? And I should do the opposite. One last thing, does anyone know what the gay/straight cutoff means in SP, and how does it work? Hope you can help. Thanks. xD

19 hours ago, TheMoronicalClown said:

I have a question about gender preferences in SP. I already have KW, which alters the gender preferences by male and female homosexuality and bisexuality.

I believe Nraas and KW mods are altering percentage of gender preferences in core Sims 3 mechanic , i.e. they do not use its own mechanic.  So you can use mod whatever you like and they may also conflict with each other if settings are different. So best to set the same percentage in SP and KW.

When I choose to 'enforce' gender preference, I'll use Master Controller and set the preference to a positive value. By using romantic interactions normally, you can slowly increase these values through game play, but it can be tedious.

From what I've read, successfully raising the preference adds +2 to the total in favor of selected gender and removes -1 from the other preference. In effect a bisexual sim will need to keep up with romancing both sexes or the one less attended to could eventually 'fall out of favor'.

If you want to avoid any issues that may occur through normal game play, just set the preference to something like +1000. Done!

The 'cut-off' is zero. Positive values promote interaction, negative values reject it.

Archived