Ari the imperial legion scout

3 hours ago, heroine sugarsnatch said:

someone released a follower mod on nexus last week called "Ari Imperial legion scout", i seen it while on cell phone and the next day went nexus while on computer and seen it had been removed.  did anyone catch a copy of that mod? I would like try it out, looked good

not removed, just hidden! 

Spoiler

Hidden file
This mod has been set to hidden by its author 

The reason given by the author is: Forgot to get permission for hair -- awaiting approval.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/89780

an upload here is therefore not possible. 

that's the beauty of the PM and mediafire, it's hard to contain that which is out there.  in this case,looks like im not gonna get it, but if i had,i would of shared via PM and mediafire without consideration.  i once painted a picture and gave it to my neighbor under the premise it was hung anywhere in his house except for the den.  serious note, i released a follower mod nexus and while i did do the right thing and get my permission i had to note on my mod page not to upload anywhere else cause i used assets i didn't create, within 30 minutes my mod was on japanese websites, i laughed. 

2 hours ago, heroine sugarsnatch said:

that's the beauty of the PM and mediafire, it's hard to contain that which is out there.  in this case,looks like im not gonna get it, but if i had,i would of shared via PM and mediafire without consideration.  i once painted a picture and gave it to my neighbor under the premise it was hung anywhere in his house except for the den.  serious note, i released a follower mod nexus and while i did do the right thing and get my permission i had to note on my mod page not to upload anywhere else cause i used assets i didn't create, within 30 minutes my mod was on japanese websites, i laughed. 

then you had only sheer luck, I know what it means to be punished for a copyright infringement!
I wanted to sell an Adidas t-shirt on EBay and did not have my own photo, I used an original Adidas picture.
four weeks later I received a letter from the Adidas lawyers, they wrote me that I had committed a copyright infringement, because I used an original image for commercial purposes.
the end of the song, 6000 euros penalty! :classic_wink:

7 hours ago, heroine sugarsnatch said:

What you [FETISH] is up to, for and by you, no one else is expected follow your headcanon nor should they be required to. If someone has different requirements for their mods use, that has jack to do with you.

@winny257    how did i have sheer luck? i got permission and then denied permission. that's the accepted protocol. the fact someone else uploaded elsewhere is not on me. my understanding of sharing from user to user, is i can share what i want, you just can't upload without permission. would you have had to fork over all the euros if you had giving shirt to someone?  

i went back, just for the of it, to that japanese website where my mod got loaded to, and it wasnt loaded there. they left a link to nexus site. i also seen a video about some crap moddrop it trying to pull, its kinda bs. i think there still is a difference between sharing a file with a user and uploading mods with other authors assets, but mod authors that create assets should be respected. i hope i didn't come across otherwise. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVhB3c9YZC4

Archived