SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

9 hours ago, Handyman said:

The pressure of PC community over SKSE modders is huge, so the theory is reasonable. If Beth chooses this path, they'll kill the very community that was responsible for Skyrim longevity.

I really don't think it's likely that they do that though. I think Bethesda knows as well as we do that a MASSIVE part of the reason people love their games is because of the vibrant modding scene.

1 hour ago, ugrena said:

I really don't think it's likely that they do that though. I think Bethesda knows as well as we do that a MASSIVE part of the reason people love their games is because of the vibrant modding scene.

Yeah, but 4n8kr has a point. We are a lot of users, but we like free mods. AE was released with consoles in mind. All these updates that are breaking essential PC mods are mostly addressing the consoles. At the end of the day, who brings more money to Beth? Will RM, DAR, ABR, Skysa be implemented on consoles one day? I hardly think so.

18 minutes ago, Handyman said:

Yeah, but 4n8kr has a point. We are a lot of users, but we like free mods. AE was released with consoles in mind. All these updates that are breaking essential PC mods are mostly addressing the consoles. At the end of the day, who brings more money to Beth? Will RM, DAR, ABR, Skysa be implemented on consoles one day? I hardly think so.

Yeah, it's just an unfortunate side effect.

8 hours ago, ugrena said:

I wish they could just make up their minds. Like, do you want to leave it broken and just let the community do their thing, or do you want to do the work yourselves? I guess on a less sarcastic note, it's nice that they care enough to release patches. It just sucks for those of us who enjoy running mods, and especially sucks for the mad-lads like me that have a curated list of over 200 mods (about 400 in my case).

im at 1k + 

1 hour ago, Kage777 said:

How and what mods even!?

Speaking as someone with only 324 active mods, it's really easy to rack them up if you count not just the regular mods (everybody's got like 100+ of those) but also replacers (no ESPs means no limit) and smaller ESL-capable mods with limited scope (like stuff to patch bugs or add items) plus there's SKSE DLLs (tons of little things they can fix and improve) and Creation Club (if you want those) and all of those have dependencies (and there's a good variety of those) - and then you discover sites like LoversLab, and then you discover the East Asian half of the Skyrim modding community...

It's not so much that you go out and download 1000+ mods (unless you cheat and use Wabbajack) but if you grab a few here and then grab a few more there and then find out there's a few more you just can't live without then you'll eventually find yourself with more mods than you can name.

Which is why we have tropes like "modding is the true endgame of Skyrim".

Edited by tasairis
16 minutes ago, tasairis said:

Speaking as someone with only 324 active mods, it's really easy to rack them up if you count not just the regular mods (everybody's got like 100+ of those) but also replacers (no ESPs means no limit) and smaller ESL-capable mods with limited scope (like stuff to patch bugs or add items) plus there's SKSE DLLs (tons of little things they can fix and improve) and Creation Club (if you want those) and all of those have dependencies (and there's a good variety of those) - and then you discover sites like LoversLab, and then you discover the East Asian half of the Skyrim modding community...

It's not so much that you go out and download 1000+ mods (unless you cheat and use Wabbajack) but if you grab a few here and then grab a few more there and then find out there's a few more you just can't live without then you'll eventually find yourself with more mods than you can name.

Which is why we have tropes like "modding is the true endgame of Skyrim".

Ok, makes sense. CACO needs like twenty patches on its own if you want to use it with like hunterborn and etc.

Kudos to tasairis and the rest of the community for making this transition period trackable.    I had been away from Skyrim for a few months and just fired it up to start a new playthrough to find out I had been updated.  Got things working well enough and started about 5 hours of play to find out I had been updated.

Then I found this thread.  It's epic.  I'll have to stick with Fallout 4 The Quest For Junk for a little while longer...

Edited by danoid22

HELP

I'm having difficulties with Jcontainers or creature framework. "Your installed JContainers in not compatible or you don't don't have it at all" I keep getting this error.  and i have Skyrim Special Edition. all my mods all have "SE" at the end so i know i have the right edition of the mods. i've been stonewalled by this for 2 and a half days now. anybody got a fix for this crap. i also used the "FullDowngradePatch" to get around the AE update. I have SKSE 2.0.20 for the Special Edition. I'm also using Vortex. I tried MO2 but i'm so use to Vortex plus i don't want to use another mod manager. I have SLAL. all my mods work. nothing is conflicting with each other. it's just Jcontainer And my creature framework is infinitely initializing.

Joke: The perfect song for this situation is "Help" by The Beatles.

Edited by TheeFranklinator
10 minutes ago, TheeFranklinator said:

HELP

I'm having difficulties with Jcontainers or creature framework. "Your installed JContainers in not compatible or you don't don't have it at all" I keep getting this error.  and i have Skyrim Special Edition. all my mods all have "SE" at the end so i know i have the right edition of the mods. i've been stonewalled by this for 2 and a half days now. anybody got a fix for this crap. i also used the "FullDowngradePatch" to get around the AE update. I have SKSE 2.0.20 for the Special Edition. I'm also using Vortex. I tried MO2 but i'm so use to Vortex plus i don't want to use another mod manager. I have SLAL. all my mods work. nothing is conflicting with each other. it's just Jcontainer And my creature framework is infinitely initializing.

Joke: The perfect song for this situation is "Help" by The Beatles.

Did you update jcontainers? This is AE, not SE, despite what it says. you need for skse ver 2.0.17 or 2.0.20.

image.png.cfc2ca14ab17df9938d55ac258ad2a20.png

10 hours ago, zarantha said:

Did you update jcontainers? This is AE, not SE, despite what it says. you need for skse ver 2.0.17 or 2.0.20.

There is a lot of misnaming possibly happening here.  An argument could be made that 1.6.342 is SE.  It doesn't become AE until you push the extra $$ to Beth to 'unlock' the AE content.  Anti-kudos to Beth for the confusion and extra money grab on a 10 year old game with actual new content (ES VI) several years away.  At first I thought AE was a rollout like SE that I got automagically.  And yes - ding!  There's a new version of Skyrim breaking all my mods.  But wait, it's not AE, it's 323 SE, no it's 342 SE.  If I can get a loading screen to happen, there's a reminder to spend $$ to get AE...

I'll stop ranting now.

The point is still valid, version numbers are very important.  Also, some updates might not yet be available in all places.  Sometimes you have to shop around.

Edited by danoid22
  • Skyrim Special Edition is the game - still
  • The "Anniversary Update" is what everyone got to put their game on version 1.6.318-- no, sorry, 1.6.323-- no, sorry, 1.6.342
  • The "Anniversary Upgrade" is a paid DLC
  • "Skyrim Anniversary Edition" is a Steam bundle of Skyrim SE + Anniversary Upgrade
  • tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Dec 10 #6773) - SE 1.6.342, ✔SexLab ✔JC ❌DD ❌HDT
6 hours ago, danoid22 said:

There is a lot of misnaming possibly happening here.  An argument could be made that 1.6.342 is SE.  It doesn't become AE until you push the extra $$ to Beth to 'unlock' the AE content.  Anti-kudos to Beth for the confusion and extra money grab on a 10 year old game with actual new content (ES VI) several years away.  At first I thought AE was a rollout like SE that I got automagically.  And yes - ding!  There's a new version of Skyrim breaking all my mods.  But wait, it's not AE, it's 323 SE, no it's 342 SE.  If I can get a loading screen to happen, there's a reminder to spend $$ to get AE...

I'll stop ranting now.

The point is still valid, version numbers are very important.  Also, some updates might not yet be available in all places.  Sometimes you have to shop around.

Your argument is technically accurate, but contextually pointless.  You should treat all versions of SkyrimSE.exe higher than 1.5.97 as AE for the sake of conversational accuracy so we can have a common frame of reference in dialog.  Anything else is just going to create unnecessary confusion when talking about compatibility between all the various components (SKSE, DLLs, etc.).