SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

On 4/30/2018 at 6:14 PM, leizar said:

After removing esm tag in SSEEdit you also need to rename it from .esm to .esp. After saving with CK change it back to .esm and add esm flag in SSEEdit. That's how I did it (don't know if it is correct way - it worked for me). As for eyes when you were converting them did you converted them in separation to other meshes? For eyes you need to thick face parts only option in NIFOptimizer. You need to do them separately because once you convert meshes NIFOptimizer detects that they are in SSE format and skips them. I just copied eye mesh to temporary folder, converted it (Only head parts option checked), moved it back and converted rest of meshes (Only head parts option turned off). That is the only thing that I can think of that could go wrong - at least to my limited knowledge.

Here is link to video showing it working.

You were correct.

I didn't optimize the eyes separately. As a result, the optimizer deleted the mesh, thats why my skyrim crashed every time I "equip" the eyes, it didn't have a mesh, only texture.

Now everything works flawlessly.

On 4/29/2018 at 10:38 PM, kevintheradioguy said:

T-pose, yes - "freeze" is usually used to describe that. Neve even heard of other variants you listed. However fun it is to have unanimated models roam the world, it gets boring after a while...

That's the funny thing. I'm not. I triple checked to have all the dependencies and all the mods of the latest version. Which doesn't matter at this point, as I burned Skyrim to ashes again to try and install everything in a couple o' days.

T-pose is the common term. I've seen what I call an "A-pose", which is where the arms are down at the sides and not sticking straight out like in a regular T-pose.

Anyway, both are caused by bad animations. You're missing animations, or haven't converted some correctly, or haven't run FNIS, or something else. Whatever the cause it's definitely related to animations.

There's another cause for not getting to the main menu, which is... something. I don't quite remember what. Use SSEEdit to look for errors in your mods; many types of errors you can ignore though.

On 4/30/2018 at 3:03 AM, hb0363 said:

can anyone explain how to convert sexlab tools in details? im having a hard times :frown:

With what part? Make sure you converted it and everything it depends on. You also need to get uilib_1.pex from SkyUILib.

On 4/30/2018 at 3:55 PM, daedalron said:

I'm still trying, and even managed to avoid some issues others talked about, like crashing in the sanctum. But I still have a lot of issues, like the npcs always saying they're too busy on the first quest, instead of giving donation money to the temple. Or when I tried to bypass that by entering the sanctum (lockpicking it), and returned with the sybil, crashing when I drink at the altar to get the Agent of Dibella perk.

NPCs being busy doesn't sound like a conversion problem. Do you get the "This person is busy" message or something else?

Is anybody else having converting problems?

I did the steps of:

Load plugin in CK to convert scripts

Load bsa in bae to extract meshes and textures

Nif meshes and textures

Overwrite original files

Run FNIS for hdk compatibility check

Load game to test

It crashes on me through the testing part. I'm trying to convert Sexlab Eager NPC. It use to work until Beta 2 for sexlab framework was released. 

13 hours ago, tasairis said:

NPCs being busy doesn't sound like a conversion problem. Do you get the "This person is busy" message or something else?

Sorry, my message wasn't clear enough. The "busy" issue is not a system message error or anything, it's just a line of dialog from the npc. Basically, the first quest requires you to go in town ask for donations for the temple. And instead of a line of dialog where they often will give some money to the temple (sometimes asking for some private time in exchange for their donations), I get a line of dialog where the npc say "I'm too busy right now". And then the conversation ends. Every npc gives that busy line of dialog, making it impossible to complete the quest. Sadly, my knowledge of SSE Edit is too low to understand how the conditions exactly works, to explain why I only get this line of dialog and not the other ones.

As for what I did to arrive at that point... I converted both Sisterhood of Dibella and its Sisters addon (by the same author, on same download page). But when I was using both the mods, the npcs didn't have their new lines of dialog (Senna not offering to join the temple, for example). After some testing on the .ESP, I found out the issue was because the npcs have been renamed in the Sisters addon ("Senna" -> "Sister Senna", and so on). I have no idea why I have this issue and how it would have worked in oldrim like it is...

Since I couldn't change their names back without messing with the functionnalities of the Sisters addon, I tried to merge the 2 mods with MergePlugins. It kinda worked, since I got the new dialogs to appear on Senna. And I could then begin the first quest. But when I tried talking to npcs to ask for donations (line of dialog "I bring the gift of Beauty from the Goddess Dibella"), I got that "busy" line of dialog ("I'm too busy right now.."), instead of the normal ones (like "By Dibella.. you take this for the Temple and I will take this for myself."). A problem I didn't have when using only the Sisterhood mod (without the Sisters addon).

But that's only one of the bugs I met. I also had a constant CTD bug when trying to drink at the altar after bringing the Sybil back, for example...

I also have a little visual glitch in the Sanctum (no crash, just visual issue, as shown on those screenshots: https://imgur.com/gallery/iRjdS)

would like to add to converted list that HDT werewolves SE is now available  as is HDT giant/giantess SE

currently however sexlab does not seem to identify female gender creatures in its current state with these mods 

4 hours ago, duzellx said:

would like to add to converted list that HDT werewolves SE is now available  as is HDT giant/giantess SE

currently however sexlab does not seem to identify female gender creatures in its current state with these mods 

and were is it?

* Ported: SL Hentai Pregnancy Special Edition

17 hours ago, Azurahawk said:

Is anybody else having converting problems?

I did the steps of:

Load plugin in CK to convert scripts

Load bsa in bae to extract meshes and textures

Nif meshes and textures

Overwrite original files

Run FNIS for hdk compatibility check

Load game to test

It crashes on me through the testing part. I'm trying to convert Sexlab Eager NPC. It use to work until Beta 2 for sexlab framework was released. 

Crashes at what point?

Beta 2 had a couple changes but was mostly for SKSE64 2.0.7. Are you running that? Have the updated Skyrim SE 1.5.39?

5 hours ago, duzellx said:

Try downloading and installing Creature Framework again.

6 hours ago, goldust said:

and were is it?

links are available on my post in Skyrim SE thread zone 

HDT werewolves SE steps for functionality

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/77204-duzellxs-se-mods-testing-42718/?do=findComment&comment=2225524

HDT giants

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/21192-naked-giants/?hl=giantess

old will function fine as is, i cannot post the SE version as no permissions, if you run into a animation issue, resolution was to do a clean of the nif for female

but works with cbp/hdt as is 

5 hours ago, tasairis said:

* Ported: SL Hentai Pregnancy Special Edition

Crashes at what point?

Beta 2 had a couple changes but was mostly for SKSE64 2.0.7. Are you running that? Have the updated Skyrim SE 1.5.39?

Try downloading and installing Creature Framework again.

tried that a few times , even redid sexlab and all other mods thinking maybe a corruption occurred so im unsure why as ive been tetsng 

* Updated the notes for HDT Werewolves and Naked Giants

3 hours ago, McLude said:

Is there a ZAZ 7.0 conversion floating around or do we have to do it ourselves?

Do it yourself. There are lots of files so it takes time, but it works.

Yea I have the updated version. Now it's working.

Well I wouldn't call it crash. What it does is after I push the launch button, the software acts as though it's loading. After about a minute, it would then disregard the software and doesn't load SSE at all. Nothing like a CTD at the start menu or mid game

On 4/24/2018 at 12:20 AM, Pfiffy said:

It will take time until RaceMenu will be fully working in SE... 

Do you know why it's taking so long? Does it need to be re-written instead of being ported or something?

45 minutes ago, nanashi50 said:

Do you know why it's taking so long? Does it need to be re-written instead of being ported or something?

Racemenu is available and works fine, there are a few features in the oldrim one that are not available yet, so some mods requiring them wont work, but overall it works fine, I use it along side ECE to get some of the missing features like the vector edit and such.  YMMV  You get it on the oldrim nexus page, he links to the github repository in comments section sticky post so you can update the oldrim version quickly to the current release.

1 hour ago, infiniteone said:

Racemenu is available and works fine, there are a few features in the oldrim one that are not available yet, so some mods requiring them wont work, but overall it works fine, I use it along side ECE to get some of the missing features like the vector edit and such.  YMMV  You get it on the oldrim nexus page, he links to the github repository in comments section sticky post so you can update the oldrim version quickly to the current release.

The main missing features are the overlays, they are needed for slave tats. 

1 hour ago, infiniteone said:

My question still stands. RaceMenu is not fully ported so the question is why? Is there something about sculpt and overlay that can't be ported and need to be redone from scratch?

2 minutes ago, nanashi50 said:

My question still stands. RaceMenu is not fully ported so the question is why? Is there something about sculpt and overlay that can't be ported and need to be redone from scratch?

Well: Why didn't you read the comments on Racemenu as infiniteone said? 

Expired6978 wrote:

SSE Update
Most features have already been ported successfully, the features still missing are Overlays, Bodygen, Sculpting, and Import/Export. However presets will still load with sculpt data and should technically function.

The alpha has not been officially released because I have not gated any of the features that do not work and I don't want to be dealing with complaints regarding those features.

However if you are still determined to try the alpha:
https://github.com/expired6978/SKSE64Plugins/releases
This alpha does not include the base mod, this only includes the SKSE64 plugin which drives most of the features.

I'll be updating RM for SkyrimSE eventually but looking at some of the changes internally it isn't looking good for some of the current features.

Some things that I know for sure will need to be rewritten partially or entirely are:
Overlays
Sculpting
BodyGen

Overlays simply because they've changed how meshes are loaded, they no longer have NiGeometryData, which is the entirety of how Overlays worked, I cloned the NiTriShape and referenced the existing NiGeometryData, it is now BSTriShape and the NiGeometryData is just discarded completely I don't know if it's even going to be possible to simply reference the existing instance of the geometry. I may need to go another route and use the tint mask system which will remove the glow feature.

Sculpting will need to be rewritten in some areas as the layout for dynamic meshes has changed. The dynamic display of the mesh in the Sculpt tab will need to be mostly rewritten as it was previously using a custom mini engine I wrote to pull data from the game and render a wireframe of the face and all parts, this was all under the assumption of DirectX 9 with no intermediate wrappers, SkyrimSE is now on DX11.

BodyGen is probably going to be broken for awhile, since they don't use the same mesh system it'll be hard to tell if I can cheat like I did with Fallout 4 and just tell the game to convert the mesh to a dynamic mesh and invoke an update after altering the data. The fact that face geometry is now loaded directly as a BSDynamicTriShape implies they don't have the handy conversion function, so this may be a nightmare to decouple the shared geometry, clone it, alter it, re-attach it, then tell the engine to re-render it (The re-rendering is going to be the hardest part).

9 hours ago, Guineaux said:

Hi somebody could help me with this conversion? because every time I try to equip in game, I try ctd! I'm going to be crazy! : (

http://reachthepinksky.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-74.html

You probably didn't convert everything. Use NifScan to find problems with meshes and textures - meshes can generally be converted with NifOptimizer, textures can generally be converted with NifScan.

Hello. I appreciated your interest a lot and I tried to do everything you said, but there are no changes - crash when I try to choose items. I'm so sorry, because it is a beatifull mod but unfortunately my knowledge informatice only comes up here ...

On 21/02/2018 at 7:10 PM, infiniteone said:

You can add Puppet Master to this list though it requires some code edits to be current with the new api 

Namely in _mindscript.pex needs updates to use the new api way, and I also removed some hard coded animation calls and replaced with animation tags instead for more variety.

Once I did that and all the basic porting stuff it seems to be working perfectly in game. :smile:

Edt:

The changes were simple,  its only one of the scripts neediing edits.  There is a file already listed in the comments/support section for the pupetmaster mod and a thread of why its needed has the changes made already which I used to base my custom tweaks on.  So no need to upload another, the only other tweaks I made was what I said above about animation tags.

Here is a direct link to the comment with the needed script.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/23261-puppet-master/?do=findComment&comment=1109155

Hello, I am sorry, but I don't completely understand what to do. I downloaded "_mindscript.pex", I extracted the .bsa file for the Puppet Master, repacked with this updated .pex file, but the mod doesn't seem to work. No MCM registered.  So what should I do to make it work ? Thanks in advance, I need desperately this mod to work. ^^

1 hour ago, y0l000 said:

Hello, I am sorry, but I don't completely understand what to do. I downloaded "_mindscript.pex", I extracted the .bsa file for the Puppet Master, repacked with this updated .pex file, but the mod doesn't seem to work. No MCM registered.  So what should I do to make it work ? Thanks in advance, I need desperately this mod to work. ^^

did you open the mod in Creation Kit and save it?  Thats usually needed for a lot of mod ports.

8 hours ago, infiniteone said:

did you open the mod in Creation Kit and save it?  Thats usually needed for a lot of mod ports.

Thank you very much it finally worked. Didn't read the "all the basic porting stuff" part in your first comment ahah.