SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

8 minutes ago, JRCosta said:

It's the same thing. Apparently using old 43 form in SE is harmful on the long run, causing random CTD & save corruption. There is a script you can run on SSEEdit to check for plugin version. Better safe than sorry, specially with mods with scripts, since version 44 changes some records.

Info taken from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5lyvf6/actual_relevance_of_forms_4344/

thanks this will be very useful 

47 minutes ago, JRCosta said:

It's the same thing. Apparently using old 43 form in SE is harmful on the long run, causing random CTD & save corruption. There is a script you can run on SSEEdit to check for plugin version. Better safe than sorry, specially with mods with scripts, since version 44 changes some records.

Info taken from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5lyvf6/actual_relevance_of_forms_4344/

Reading it is interesting: 

One says:

Whether people want to believe it or not, yes, there will be problems from using incorrectly "ported" esp files that don't have the proper version 44 header. Up to and including random CTDs. This is something I've experienced personally when I tried to shortcut some of my own work in the early days. Don't shortcut. Do the ports correctly. That doesn't just include the ESP either. The BSA and any loose assets need to be accounted for too.

The other one says:

• SSE supports all form versions from 15 to the latest 44

• the differences between 43 and 44 are minor if editing certain records, and nonexistent if not (Edit: see mator's post here for more details on record changes)

• resaving in CK64 can actually break mods. This one I have experienced personally - edited v43 plugin works perfectly, whereas SSE won't even load after saving it in CK64.

Edit: Basically, no matter what version a plugin shows, you should be checking it in xEdit before using it. There are still tons of "ported" mods that have errors and/or reversions of SSE changes with both versions. As long as changes are properly carried over and any errors fixed, the version alone should not give you any issues, but by all means resave it in CK64 as well if it makes you more comfortable with using the plugin.

Edit2: So both Arthmoor and Mator say resave all plugins, form 43 plugins are bad, so listen to them. As the only issue I have had at all with SSE is it not starting with a CK64 resaved plugin enabled, I'll worry about it myself if and when I ever have a CTD.

I don't want to start a fuzz here... But I have to say, that I'm not convinced.

Changing the Header will not replace checking the Nifs, Textures and the Animations. And an unstable script will sooner or later break no matter which formId the esp has.

54 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Reading it is interesting: 

One says:

Whether people want to believe it or not, yes, there will be problems from using incorrectly "ported" esp files that don't have the proper version 44 header. Up to and including random CTDs. This is something I've experienced personally when I tried to shortcut some of my own work in the early days. Don't shortcut. Do the ports correctly. That doesn't just include the ESP either. The BSA and any loose assets need to be accounted for too.

The other one says:

• SSE supports all form versions from 15 to the latest 44

• the differences between 43 and 44 are minor if editing certain records, and nonexistent if not (Edit: see mator's post here for more details on record changes)

• resaving in CK64 can actually break mods. This one I have experienced personally - edited v43 plugin works perfectly, whereas SSE won't even load after saving it in CK64.

Edit: Basically, no matter what version a plugin shows, you should be checking it in xEdit before using it. There are still tons of "ported" mods that have errors and/or reversions of SSE changes with both versions. As long as changes are properly carried over and any errors fixed, the version alone should not give you any issues, but by all means resave it in CK64 as well if it makes you more comfortable with using the plugin.

Edit2: So both Arthmoor and Mator say resave all plugins, form 43 plugins are bad, so listen to them. As the only issue I have had at all with SSE is it not starting with a CK64 resaved plugin enabled, I'll worry about it myself if and when I ever have a CTD.

I don't want to start a fuzz here... But I have to say, that I'm not convinced.

Changing the Header will not replace checking the Nifs, Textures and the Animations. And an unstable script will sooner or later break no matter which formId the esp has.

As a matter of fact, after 400h+ on SE, I still run some v43 mods (most notably A Quality world Map and RaceCompatibility) and so far my game has only an occasional CTD from time to time safe from corrupt saves. Those are still in 43 because the mod authors release them that way to SE.

Anyway, for every mod I ported privately, the first thing I do is to save it in CK64 and test it; the only adjustments I usually do are conversions to models, textures and animations, clean the .esp files, fix the broken facegens or adjust translations.

Save in 44 it's just a precaution, probably not mandatory. But I don't have the technical insight to give a definitive answer.

About the list. I've checked a few purple mods, and he we go...

Approach, Working Girl, EagerNPCs, and Aggressive Prostitution don't seem to work for me. I've the last game update, last script extender, mods installs properly, but the game won't launch with any of those active. It launches in PCs processes, however, closes after a few seconds.

fsr horny creatures make it close as well, but I think it was me who installed something wrong, because when I did I kind of shrugged off reading the installation guide, being tired.

8 minutes ago, kevintheradioguy said:

Approach, Working Girl, EagerNPCs, and Aggressive Prostitution don't seem to work for me. I've the last game update, last script extender, mods installs properly, but the game won't launch with any of those active. It launches in PCs processes, however, closes after a few seconds.

fsr horny creatures make it close as well, but I think it was me who installed something wrong, because when I did I kind of shrugged off reading the installation guide, being tired.

Make sure to unpack every mod, that sounds like it is trying to access a .bsa file from Oldrim - instant CTD.

9 minutes ago, JRCosta said:

As a matter of fact, after 400h+ on SE, I still run some v43 mods (most notably A Quality world Map and RaceCompatibility) and so far my game has only an occasional CTD from time to time safe from corrupt saves. Those are still in 43 because the mod authors release them that way to SE.

Anyway, for every mod I ported privately, the first thing I do is to save it in CK64 and test it; the only adjustments I usually do are conversions to models, textures and animations, clean the .esp files, fix the broken facegens or adjust translations.

Save in 44 it's just a precaution, probably not mandatory. But I don't have the technical insight to give a definitive answer.

Well I broke my saves with messing around in MME SE and switched back to MME oldrim. I also broke it again by having too many animations installed. And I broke it with too many Slaves and SGO-Displaymodels in one room... Far more I was able to put in the same room in oldrim. You can still bring Skyrim to its knees if you try, but you have to try it much harder.

15 minutes ago, kevintheradioguy said:

I can't speak for Approch and working Girl, but EagerNPC's and TDF work fluently, if handled right (no matter what header you have)

My guess is you messed up one of the dependecies.

3 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Well I broke my saves with messing around in MME SE and switched back to MME oldrim. I also broke it again by having too many animations installed. And I broke it with too many Slaves and SGO-Displaymodels in one room... Far more I was able to put in the same room in oldrim. You can still bring Skyrim to its knees if you try, but you have to try it much harder.

I understand perfectly. My approach is only to minimize game-broken situations.

9 minutes ago, JRCosta said:

Yes. Check if the mod has a .bsa file, extract it, repack it using a compressor (7z, rar, zip), and install again. If you have trouble, I can link you a simple tutorial: http://www.dracotorre.com/blog/convert-old-skyrim-mods-for-se/

Oh, yeah, I know how to do that. Just ocasionally tired of unzipping and dragging everything, so use organizers. Thank you, I'll try, and if any of those really crash the game after this, be sure to warn.

(while on that note, I've also run into the problem with one of the mods I try to pinpoint that turns every console letter you try into a □ - I still try to pinpoint it and find a solution)

edit: OK, I seriously messed something up right now, with characters being frozen after FNIS rebuild, so I guess mixing mod organizers with manual is not a good idea... will have to reinstall everything from a blank I guess.

8 minutes ago, kevintheradioguy said:

Oh, yeah, I know how to do that. Just ocasionally tired of unzipping and dragging everything, so use organizers. Thank you, I'll try, and if any of those really crash the game after this, be sure to warn.

(while on that note, I've also run into the problem with one of the mods I try to pinpoint that turns every console letter you try into a □ - I still try to pinpoint it and find a solution)

Probably a mod in another language, do you download from 3DM or 9Damao? Fire up SSEEdit, load the mods you download from those sites (mosty follower or the new HDT files) and check/highlight the text differences.

6 minutes ago, JRCosta said:

Probably a mod from another language, do you download from 3DM or 9Damao? Fire up SSEEdit, load the mods you download from those sites (mosty follower or the new HDT files) and check/highlight the text differences.

I downloaded the English version of Eager NPCs (note: the English one, not the... whatever is the original version - don't want to be disrespectful, but I really have no idea what's the author's original language). But deleted it fairly quickly, so there's that. I suspected that much, however, the fact it stays like that after deactivation and deleting, got me thinking.

But then again,

12 minutes ago, kevintheradioguy said:

edit: OK, I seriously messed something up right now, with characters being frozen after FNIS rebuild, so I guess mixing mod organizers with manual is not a good idea... will have to reinstall everything from a blank I guess.

So... clean reinstallation it is for me : ) (it's probably ZaZ and DD - they were the last ones I installed before this  freezing occurred, but I won't be sure until I can catch this thing again)

Honestly, I never had so much problems with mods as with SE.

14 minutes ago, kevintheradioguy said:

I downloaded the English version of Eager NPCs (note: the English one, not the... whatever is the original version - don't want to be disrespectful, but I really have no idea what's the author's original language). But deleted it fairly quickly, so there's that. I suspected that much, however, the fact it stays like that after deactivation and deleting, got me thinking.

But then again,

So... clean reinstallation it is for me : ) (it's probably ZaZ and DD - they were the last ones I installed before this  freezing occurred, but I won't be sure until I can catch this thing again)

Well, everything is new but it is still the same. Zaz and dd are more problematic than the other mods. I will ask around some more, if I get permissions to upload more working conversions... 'And I ask around some other ppl who did the scripting things for permission to use their patches.... And mess around with the support...

BTW: ZAZ and DD are some of the most used Masters... As long as they don't work you are deep in trouble.

22 minutes ago, kevintheradioguy said:

But then again,

I had some issues with SE mods at first as well - I traced it down to a couple mods I improperly converted early on. Learning curve issues. I also started over at that point, because I wasn't certain that I'd caught all my mistakes. Second go round everything is working fine so far. Knock on wood, need more hours of testing for certainty, etc. I built my base game carefully with SE only mods, made sure that appeared to be very stable, then added converted mods.

Unless there's some true show stopper, which seems unlikely this far into the mass conversion experiments going on, I'm never going back to oldrim. I'm probably sounding like a broken record but no rain under the roof without destabilizing intrusive mods? Sold.

5 hours ago, znaroks said:

Fine isn't good enough for me. Thats ok, we can convert them for them.

Anyway, the topic you are looking for is here.

This isn't the place to discuss this.

About PSQ, the game crashes instantly for me when I transform.

All transformation functions work with exception of body. Skin color, armor, schlongs, animated wings all work. Use this package (or make one yourself) just remember to convert all meshes and animations. Replace animated wings with ones available on SE nexus. I have new RaceMenu alpha 6 and old XP32 4.20 (new one causes CTD on load with skee.dll loaded witch is nifoverwrite/immerse or something (and is responsible for body morphs? - please don't quote me on this I don't know this stuff I just know what works)). I haven't tested things like pregnacy or inflation but you can assume they don't work.

EDIT:

New XP32 also works (just need to disable skee.dll to load save). Body shape change like inflation/pregnancy don't and jiggle physics do work :smile:

2 hours ago, kevintheradioguy said:

You don't have to install manually. Oldrim BSAs don't work in SE, so before you install unpack the mod if it has a BSA, use any BSA extractor to extract the BSA in to the same folder where the BSA is, delete the BSA once it's extracted, pack the mod and install with your installer of choice.

7 hours ago, Roggvir said:

Devious Devices - Integration

...did someone managed to make it really work? would you please describe the neccessary steps?

I thought i did everything right, but the Alternate Animations are not working - like they are not even there.

I converted the HKX to 64b, run FNIS for modders to generate the behavior file, run FNIS for users of course, no errors or warnings related to FNIS or DD anywhere including script log.

Everything seem to be working - all the menu, all the DD game mechanics related to keys/restraints, and those few mods i tried, that depend on DDa/i/x, and also working perfectly fine. But the Alternate Animations provided by DD are not playing - i dont get a T pose, just normal vanilla anims - the DD's AA just do not kick in when equipping restraints.

So, without cluttering this topic with a discussion that maybe does not belong here, please someone just describe the steps you did to make DDi work.

I've converted and repacked the DD main mods and collected few resources for them to work in SSE but still not sure about DDi though since it depends on Niooverride (which is Skee64 alpha 6 now for SSE) https://github.com/expired6978/SKSE64Plugins/releases So the check for it needs to be rewritten... However, It worked for me until now and you can try them if you want... Just install them normally with your Mod manager.

DDa-3.0e_SE.rar

DDi-4.0 SE.rar

DDx-4.0-SE.rar

Note: The HDT nif files will not work in SSE so they'll just be static only. (it's not a big deal and they are not a lot)

I would recommend downloading Zaz Animation Pack ver 8.0 also and convert it to SSE (Some ZaZ Textures need to be resized and fixed then editing the UV map for the nif files that belongs to it so it won't cause any deformation in game) You can use Nifscope for that https://github.com/niftools/nifskope/releases and GIMP for the textures dds files resizing https://www.gimp.org/downloads/ plus you need this gimp dds file plugin also http://registry.gimp.org/node/70 

Zaz Affected Textures.txt

1 hour ago, Saqer said:

I've converted and repacked the DD main mods and collected few resources for them to work in SSE but still not sure about DDi though since it depends on Niooverride (which is Skee64 alpha 6 now for SSE) https://github.com/expired6978/SKSE64Plugins/releases So the check for it needs to be rewritten... However, It worked for me until now and you can try them if you want... Just install them normally with your Mod manager.

DDa-3.0e_SE.rar

DDi-4.0 SE.rar

DDx-4.0-SE.rar

Note: The HDT nif files will not work in SSE so they'll just be static only. (it's not a big deal and they are not a lot)

I would recommend downloading Zaz Animation Pack ver 8.0 also and convert it to SSE (Some ZaZ Textures need to be resized and fixed then editing the UV map for the nif files that belongs to it so it won't cause any deformation in game) You can use Nifscope for that https://github.com/niftools/nifskope/releases

Zaz Affected Textures.txt

About NiO - you can also change the value returned by the NiO's get version function - which is what i did for now, because i was too lazy to check every other mod and change their conditions.

Regardless of that though, whether the check for NiO works or not, it shouldn't prevent DD from working - only the things related to NiO wont work, no?

The only thing that doesnt work for me are the DD's alternate animations - does that work for you? and if yes, could you describe the whole process of converting DDi?

EDIT: sorry, i see you mentioned you are not sure about DDi, so ignore that question then.

EDIT 2:

Forgot to mention this - DDi requires Console Utils, which according to my knowledge were not yet converted to SSE.

So, one has to either edit some of the DDi scripts to change/get rid of the CU-dependand code, or you can make your own FAKE Console Utils and you dont need to mess with the DDi scripts (just get the Console Utils script source and change the functions to non-native versions that just do nothing, and do not forget to compile that script).

The Console Utils seem to be used only to apply/clear the blindfold effect, so your screen wont go black/dark/whatnot when wearing blindfold, but otherwise everything else should be fine and dandy.