Possible bug with the capture strip mechanism with large carry weights, think you can potentially lose items (possibly because I'm looting it while it's still stripping) which might happen even without ridiculous carry weights if that is the cause. At any rate had like 9.4k, only recovered 7.6k or something, and think that was the only chest on the ground.

Also a question, do mimics mania mimic retain their original chest content when they die? Seen the normal mimic drop loot, and maybe one or two item, still seems less than the typical number of items regular chests normally drop. There's also two types of mimics right, ones added to the map and ones taking place of pre-existing chests?

On 1/23/2023 at 7:12 PM, Thornagar said:

How does one destroy the mines? I got the spell but it seems to just spawn the mobs.

What, her spell did not work? Go give Faralda an earful ! 

Spoiler

Your quest log should show an update once you've tried the spell.

Talking to Faralda (assuming you got the spell from her), a friend or someone with knowledge of such things will give you a hint of what to do next.

Edited by MTB
On 1/23/2023 at 7:28 PM, sinph said:

Possible bug with the capture strip mechanism with large carry weights, think you can potentially lose items (possibly because I'm looting it while it's still stripping) which might happen even without ridiculous carry weights if that is the cause. At any rate had like 9.4k, only recovered 7.6k or something, and think that was the only chest on the ground.

Also a question, do mimics mania mimic retain their original chest content when they die? Seen the normal mimic drop loot, and maybe one or two item, still seems less than the typical number of items regular chests normally drop. There's also two types of mimics right, ones added to the map and ones taking place of pre-existing chests?

The stripping works this way to prevent large inventories leading to stackdumps which removeall is known to do. The method used is slower but more controlled and does not have that problem. (But requires patience if you have 1000's of item types in your inventory.)

Could be if you completely empty the box before the stripping is done, it may be empty when you close it at which point it will be deleted, making later stripped items inaccessible. I'll see if I can make a fail-safe for that situation. For now I suggest you just put a strip limit (MCM) and/or make sure the stripping is done before emptying the box completely - It's only deleted if empty when you close it, so putting something back before closing should do the trick. Adding stuff to the (N)PCs inventory before stripping is done might mess with the stripping; eg newly added stuff may be stripped instead of the things that were originally there.

Yes there are two different instances of the mimics;

1) the `mimic traps' added by the integration plugin (and controlled by the mimic traps option under plugins).

2) the `replacer mimics' introduced by mimic mania plugin as a percentage of pre-existing containers (and controlled by the percentage setting under plugins.)

For 2 : Yes, beast death items are added but the original content (if any) remains (seemed like both the most logical and safest option, least likely to create issues with quests and what not).

For 1: will only drop beast death items.

Ah, thanks for the response, yea was looting before it finished stripping and closing after so it was empty. Which is technically done to bypass the mechanics due to the fact that it takes forever to strip large inventories so you probably still have lockpicks on you so you can just pick the box immediately and get right back into the fight.

Edited by sinph
21 hours ago, MTB said:

What, her spell did not work? Go give Faralda an earful ! 

Reveal hidden contents

Your quest log should show an update once you've tried the spell.

Talking to Faralda (assuming you got the spell from her), a friend or someone with knowledge of such things will give you a hint of what to do next.

Hah thanks XD

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon.Has Installed SkyrimChainBeast-V063Update-SE but me is not displayed Chain beast . but открываеш their stock play flies

In menu is not displayed and seizure does not occur. Put in assembly  Sexrim 5.0 Legendary Edition and Сексрим 11.5 SSE1cfc9ac835.jpg.72ff1016633db4139bad39d36ec26b35.jpg2E1sMEM.jpg.7c99fe2268d4ba0a43546a485de085ab.jpg03.jpg.1f02d5d1d3dbefa283167e4b7ed8bf85.jpg

19 minutes ago, esaul999 said:

Good afternoon.Has Installed SkyrimChainBeast-V063Update-SE but me is not displayed Chain beast . but открываеш their stock play flies

In menu is not displayed and seizure does not occur. Put in assembly  Sexrim 5.0 Legendary Edition and Сексрим 11.5 SSE1cfc9ac835.jpg.72ff1016633db4139bad39d36ec26b35.jpg2E1sMEM.jpg.7c99fe2268d4ba0a43546a485de085ab.jpg03.jpg.1f02d5d1d3dbefa283167e4b7ed8bf85.jpg

Сексрим это готовая сборка не предназначенная для установки дополнительных модов. Там могут быть устаревшие файлы требуемые модами или их вообще может не быть (все что касается skse, papirus, jcontainers, crush fixes и многое другое).

5 hours ago, crococat said:

Сексим это готовая сборка не предназначенная для установки избыточных модов. Там могут быть установленные файлы с требуемыми модами или их вообще может не быть (все, что касается skse, papirus, jcontainers, исправления ошибок и многое другое).

not deal not in this . this Nexus Mod Manager installs not all components. Has Installed in manual all work.SkyrimChainBeast-V063Update-LE.7zSkyrimChainBeast-V063Update-LE.7z

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @MTB I'm a little confused at vers 64 as on mod page it says :-

• The latest full version (062) and update (064) for LE (and oldrim) and SE (and AE).
  • Old 063 update for archive/backup purposes only, you can ignore it.

But v64 for SE does not seem to have PAHE or SLUTS or other plugins in it, are we supposed to install over top of v63 or are those plugins just MIA please?

Or do we keep 062 active , disable 063 and enable 064 ?

Edited by kohlteth
16 hours ago, kohlteth said:

Hi @MTB I'm a little confused at vers 64 as on mod page it says :-

• The latest full version (062) and update (064) for LE (and oldrim) and SE (and AE).
  • Old 063 update for archive/backup purposes only, you can ignore it.

But v64 for SE does not seem to have PAHE or SLUTS or other plugins in it, are we supposed to install over top of v63 or are those plugins just MIA please?

Or do we keep 062 active , disable 063 and enable 064 ?

064 is an update (like 063 was). It only updates the core mod and integration. You can keep any other plugins as they were.   So: if you have 062 installed with its plugins (and possibly 063 over top) then just install 064 over top (new mod or merge if you use MO2) no other actions needed.

(If you've installed 063 as a separate mod in MO2 then you should see that its grayed out when installing 064 below it as that includes all the files in 063. Thus disabling or not makes no difference.)

10 hours ago, ck2modfan said:

tried the new update. went to dragonsreach and discovered the new beast. the beast and summons look really good. are they supposed to punish or just strip. plenty of the latter none of the former.

thanks for continuing to make this better and better!

They can take to punishment. Likely they just did not get around to it with a whole town of enemies to fight.

(I've tested with quick capture active/in less crowded areas and then they do manage to take to punishment.)

17 hours ago, sfdrake said:

how do I use this, j ust so that the mimics and only the mimics show up and nada else?

I've not tested it this way but I think it should work if you install only the core mod (esm) and the mimic mania plugin. Then only the `replacement mimics' should appear. 

Note that `nada else' also means no added zaz furniture...

(It's not possible to only get the `added' mimics as those are part of the integration plugin.)

Another way to get close to what you ask is: do install the integration plugin but in the MCM disable beast in the wild, special traps, standard traps and caged quest.  (But not the mimic-traps ovbiously).  That would leave the furniture and the `added mimics'.

The mines would be there and discovery quest can trigger but you can just ignore them; then (almost) no beasts other than the mimics should appear.

Edited by MTB
added alternative approach
8 hours ago, MTB said:

I've not tested it this way but I think it should work if you install only the core mod (esm) and the mimic mania plugin. Then only the `replacement mimics' should appear. 

Note that `nada else' also means no added zaz furniture...

(It's not possible to only get the `added' mimics as those are part of the integration plugin.)

Another way to get close to what you ask is: do install the integration plugin but in the MCM disable beast in the wild, special traps, standard traps and caged quest.  (But not the mimic-traps ovbiously).  That would leave the furniture and the `added mimics'.

The mines would be there and discovery quest can trigger but you can just ignore them; then (almost) no beasts other than the mimics should appear.

I have to say I love the mimics, is there a way for random NPC to trigger them or maybe have like "mimic chairs / Funiture" or such so they can be random triggers for npc because that I feel would look amazing and have fun factor. 

1 hour ago, Mysfle said:

Is there any point installing SkyrimChainBeastsMM_SE.7z at this point or is it integrated into the main mod?

Short: The plugin adds more mimics than without but the latest version is in the installer, you don't need the separate file.

Detailed: There are also mimic (traps) in the integration mod but these are different from the ones in the MM plugin;  the ones in integrations are newly added containers.  The ones in MM replace (a fraction of) existing containers. They also behave slightly differently on death; the integration ones just drop on the stop (and you can ride them with the reanimate-and-ride spell) the MM ones (by default) revert back to their original container form (and then are no longer rideable).

On 2/27/2023 at 7:44 AM, kohlteth said:

is there a way for random NPC to trigger them

Not at the moment; they're designed to be player triggered only.

On 2/27/2023 at 7:44 AM, kohlteth said:

"mimic chairs / Funiture

That's actually something on my ideas list but have not yet thought of a way to implement them that makes sense.

Edited by MTB
1 hour ago, MTB said:

Short: The plugin adds more mimics than without but the latest version is in the installer, you don't need the separate file.

Detailed: There are also mimic (traps) in the integration mod but these are different from the ones in the MM plugin;  the ones in integrations are newly added containers.  The ones in MM replace (a fraction of) existing containers. They also behave slightly differently on death; the integration ones just drop on the stop (and you can ride them with the reanimate-and-ride spell) the MM ones (by default) revert back to their original container form (and then are no longer rideable).

Not at the moment; they're designed to be player triggered only.

That's actually something on my ideas list but have not yet thought of a way to implement them that makes sense.

These Mimics are Wicked!  Wicked, but quite brilliant, as you never really expect them .... ?

Tyvm for adding to this mod again, and keeping it both fun, and fresh

DQW

Hi all,

Currently running SkyrimChainBeasts-v062-SE with SkyrimChainBeatss-V064Udate-SE and I'm seeing the ChainBeast skill books are missing textures (show as purple) and that trying to access the skillbook from the inventory is CTDing.

3 hours ago, hitmanh said:

Hi all,

Currently running SkyrimChainBeasts-v062-SE with SkyrimChainBeatss-V064Udate-SE and I'm seeing the ChainBeast skill books are missing textures (show as purple) and that trying to access the skillbook from the inventory is CTDing.

Does not occur for me with that combination.  The relevant textures seem to be in the 62 file :

scb_spellbookcover-mine.dds  174904 bytes (170 KiB)  CRC64: 8D2A1C88D10A7C52

scb_spellbookback.dds  174904 bytes (170 KiB)  CRC64: EE80374CBB2EF18A

scbtome_n.dds  174904 bytes (170 KiB)  CRC64: 23ACC4D17CC140A1

scb_spellbookcover-mine-glow.dds  174904 bytes (170 KiB)  CRC64: 5C080A99EB3C4680

SCB_bookcover_chainlore-1.dds  349680 bytes (341 KiB)  CRC64: 7AD430D1177DCD91

Maybe check that file is in order and try reinstalling.

SkyrimChainBeasts-v062-SE.7z 29022243 bytes (27 MiB) CRC64: 58ADE50BDCCD60FE

1 hour ago, MTB said:

Does not occur for me with that combination.  The relevant textures seem to be in the 62 file :

scb_spellbookcover-mine.dds  174904 bytes (170 KiB)  CRC64: 8D2A1C88D10A7C52

scb_spellbookback.dds  174904 bytes (170 KiB)  CRC64: EE80374CBB2EF18A

scbtome_n.dds  174904 bytes (170 KiB)  CRC64: 23ACC4D17CC140A1

scb_spellbookcover-mine-glow.dds  174904 bytes (170 KiB)  CRC64: 5C080A99EB3C4680

SCB_bookcover_chainlore-1.dds  349680 bytes (341 KiB)  CRC64: 7AD430D1177DCD91

Maybe check that file is in order and try reinstalling.

SkyrimChainBeasts-v062-SE.7z 29022243 bytes (27 MiB) CRC64: 58ADE50BDCCD60FE

Thanks, got it work, I was overwriting the main with the patch in MO2 rather than having it as a seperate entry.