6 hours ago, Ancient Plague said:

I found 1.3 in chinese and that worked fine. It seems for whatever reason the newer version just doesn't load.

Are you trying to use the new version of CSL with a translation patch built for an older version?

30 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

image.png.d0afc935cf4889367abfaf2c835946a8.png

Is this what you mean?

Yeah but im not actively being hit or taking real damage by anything im just gaining rads and immediately losing those rads because I used radaway. It makes using radaway basically unplayable when youre in an irradiated area.

Yes, if the value is set too high then your character will take damage from all sorts of things, including radiation, wind (shock waves from deathclaws), etc.
My actress sneaked up on the glowing ghoul stationed in the lighthouse to the east. She didn't come up to him clothed at all :)

On the floor below, she lost all of her clothing.

Therefore, the author recommends setting the value very low.

I play all races at 50%.

On 8/13/2022 at 7:36 AM, vaultbait said:

Are you trying to use the new version of CSL with a translation patch built for an older version?

No. The 1.3 in chinese was the only one I was able to find so I used it and it automatically loaded CSL. I have since then, deleted this mod though.

Edited by Ancient Plague

One question... How does CSL actually work (apply stripping)?

I'm asking since I think it applies the stripping on combat hit spell, and therefore not being compatible with MAIM 2. That is a pretty big problem with MAIM 2 since if it (MAIM 2) isn't activated, Stimpaks won't work and the only way to activate it is by getting hit from any enemy (which is very tricky if Stimpaks stopped working and player's HP was at 20%).

If that's the case, is there any way of making the two mods compatible? I've been using CSL for ages and I absolutely love it but I like the painful gameplay that MAIM 2 provides as well.

Keep up the great work and thanks in advance!

Edited by rubber_duck
  • 2 weeks later...

I noticed something related to the use of commonwealth backpacks.

If a backpack is damaged and you still click on it in the Pipboy, the backpack will not be equipped, but the carrying capacity will still be increased. A second click on the backpack does not undo this, as when you put the backpack down, but a second carrying weight is added. and then with every click without limit. Unfortunately, that seems to be permanent, recalculating the weight with alcohol didn't do anything

I don't think it has anything to do with CSL directly, but if it does, I wanted to at least mention it

6 hours ago, deathmorph said:

I noticed something related to the use of commonwealth backpacks.

If a backpack is damaged and you still click on it in the Pipboy, the backpack will not be equipped, but the carrying capacity will still be increased. A second click on the backpack does not undo this, as when you put the backpack down, but a second carrying weight is added. and then with every click without limit. Unfortunately, that seems to be permanent, recalculating the weight with alcohol didn't do anything

I don't think it has anything to do with CSL directly, but if it does, I wanted to at least mention it

It sounds like Commonwealth Backpacks was not designed very robustly, and is directly diddling the carrying capacity values rather than an implementation relying on perks/effects. This has obvious state tracking implications, since it could also quickly get out of sync if you have other mods doing the same sorts of things.

6 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It sounds like Commonwealth Backpacks was not designed very robustly, and is directly diddling the carrying capacity values rather than an implementation relying on perks/effects. This has obvious state tracking implications, since it could also quickly get out of sync if you have other mods doing the same sorts of things.

Okay, then it would definitely make sense if I continued playing without backpacks. It's unfortunate, I like the added risk of getting hit on the backpack that my actress can't run anymore without dropping bags.

31 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

Okay, then it would definitely make sense if I continued playing without backpacks. It's unfortunate, I like the added risk of getting hit on the backpack that my actress can't run anymore without dropping bags.

I use IAB along with the backpack capacity increases in Scavver's Closet (you may not even need the latter for your case). The backpack is a separate container with its own carrying capacity rather than changing the player's carrying capacity, and theSC limits aren't based on carrying capacity at all so don't risk leaving you with extra or no carryweight. Having something like Combat Strip Lite or Rad Morphing Redux strip your backpack slot under adverse conditions actually makes things even more challenging since you don't only lose that extra capacity but you also lose access to the things you put in the backpack (unless/until you retrieve it or build another one since it's a sort of "cloud storage" mechanism and all backpacks point to the same invisible container).

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

I use IAB

This could be the solution. I didn't quite understand the description: is this a standalone backpack or do I install the one in the Commonwealth backpacks and the mod converts the carrying system?

PS: i believe I understand it. I've now installed the mod in addition to BoC, set the hotkey and disabled the animations. Now I have a real backpack. I'm thrilled :)
Let's see if I can still do it with the animations...

Edited by deathmorph
1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

I use IAB along with the backpack capacity increases in Scavver's Closet (you may not even need the latter for your case). The backpack is a separate container with its own carrying capacity rather than changing the player's carrying capacity, and theSC limits aren't based on carrying capacity at all so don't risk leaving you with extra or no carryweight. Having something like Combat Strip Lite or Rad Morphing Redux strip your backpack slot under adverse conditions actually makes things even more challenging since you don't only lose that extra capacity but you also lose access to the things you put in the backpack (unless/until you retrieve it or build another one since it's a sort of "cloud storage" mechanism and all backpacks point to the same invisible container).

Just be wary... Scavvers closet can also bug out your carrying capacity when stripped via CSL (carrying capacity bugs is an area tentacus has said neededed looking at in his mod - don't get me wrong, I think scavvers is a top mod, but it has its quirks). It also does not consider humans/companions as a container, so it will reroll each time.

Edited by Nuka Cherry
2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

IAB

What I don't understand about the system:
Without backpack 88 pounds. With backpack 115 pounds. If I press the hotkey, the values are displayed separately for backpack and actress. If the actress loaded 92 pounds without a backpack, then the message “overloaded” really comes up. When I put the backpack on, the actress shows 115 pounds as her max and can run with a 92 pound load. The capacity of the backpack is added, but without taking the contents of the backpack into account. That feels strange.
Did I do something wrong during the installation?

PS: or would the workaround here be to set the backpack to 50% in the MCM? Then the value would probably be correct.
Delicate women shouldn't be able to drag elephants :)

Edited by deathmorph
2 hours ago, Nuka Cherry said:

Just be wary... Scavvers closet can also bug out your carrying capacity when stripped via CSL (carrying capacity bugs is an area tentacus has said neededed looking at in his mod - don't get me wrong, I think scavvers is a top mod, but it has its quirks). It also does not consider humans/companions as a container, so it will reroll each time.

I think I turn off the associated carryweight adjustments (I don't have the game up right now and can't recall whether that's an option), though it does increase the number of weapons, outfits and consumables I can carry when I have the backpack on. I definitely turn off its stripping features because those bug out on me too often otherwise.

50 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

What I don't understand about the system:
Without backpack 88 pounds. With backpack 115 pounds. If I press the hotkey, the values are displayed separately for backpack and actress. If the actress loaded 92 pounds without a backpack, then the message “overloaded” really comes up. When I put the backpack on, the actress shows 115 pounds as her max and can run with a 92 pound load. The capacity of the backpack is added, but without taking the contents of the backpack into account. That feels strange.
Did I do something wrong during the installation?

PS: or would the workaround here be to set the backpack to 50% in the MCM? Then the value would probably be correct.
Delicate women shouldn't be able to drag elephants :)

Yeah, I'm not sure. Like I said I also use other mods which limit how many of certain things I can carry in my normal inventory, so my carryweight value ends up being irrelevant enough I don't think I would have noticed either way. I do set the capacity on the backpack down to 25 though, and I've adapted the raider harness handbag from VTAW Wardrobe #4 for use with IAB (just via simple slot reassignment in FO4Edit).

I have set it to have a 5% chance of destroying equipment and making it irreparable. Is it possible to add an option in a future update to exclude a slot from destruction?
I use Backpacks of Commonwealth, these backpacks use slot 24. And you can't build them yourself, only find them.

edit//

I found a solution for me. Switched to Simple Bagpacks. They can be crafted in the chemistry station and are also adapted to FG.

Edited by deathmorph

I have CSL turned up about as high as it can go for many settings, and I get a stack pretty much every time I get hit.  A couple times recently I've gotten a VATS freeze (Survival Gameplay mode), and this is after I'd already turned off PTSD in Sex Attributes (work around with vats freeze in SA is to go to Dr. Nuerra in Goodneighbor, pay her to reset SA, and then turn off PTSD in the SA MCM)
But it seems like I've caught CSL doing it as well.  I'm guessing CSL is also using a "potion" effect for stacks?  Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Cheers

Screen shotted with the windows clipping tool the moment of the freeze, only way around it is end task.

Spoiler

VatsFreeze.png

Edited by Sgt. Marge
9 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

I have CSL turned up about as high as it can go for many settings, and I get a stack pretty much every time I get hit.  A couple times recently I've gotten a VATS freeze (Survival Gameplay mode), and this is after I'd already turned off PTSD in Sex Attributes (work around with vats freeze in SA is to go to Dr. Nuerra in Goodneighbor, pay her to reset SA, and then turn off PTSD in the SA MCM)
But it seems like I've caught CSL doing it as well.  I'm guessing CSL is also using a "potion" effect for stacks?  Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

If it's the well-known equipping (potion usually) during VATS freeze, the workaround I've implemented in a mod I'm working on is to check whether the player is in VATS (by polling Game.IsMovementControlsEnabled() until it returns true) so that the effect isn't applied until they exit it. Seems to handle the cinematics fine as well, based on my playtesting so far.

2 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

If it's the well-known equipping (potion usually) during VATS freeze, the workaround I've implemented in a mod I'm working on is to check whether the player is in VATS (by polling Game.IsMovementControlsEnabled() until it returns true) so that the effect isn't applied until they exit it. Seems to handle the cinematics fine as well, based on my playtesting so far.

I went back and reviewed the documentation on the Freeze Fix, and the author mentions:

if the Player.EquipItem() function is called while in VATS it will cause the game to freeze up

So that would make sense, as at that moment CSL is potentially using that function to remove an item.  I think I'm going to set "unlucky hits" to zero and see if i still get a freeze.

7 hours ago, thehotness said:

Can this potentially cause a crash with Better Locational Damage? When there is a onhiteffect and both bleeding and combat strip are triggered simultaenously? 

Are you using Buffout 4, and if so do its crash logs point to any potential causes?

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Are you using Buffout 4, and if so do its crash logs point to any potential causes?

Yes, however it isn't a crash, but a freeze - the computer hangs. Although it could be due to VATS freezing as well. Not easy to replicate - i have had no issues but was in slow motion/vats when combat strip and bleeding were applied simultaenously leading to the freeze. I have the VATS freeze fix but the HSC script manager needs to be overwritten by another mod... :( 

6 hours ago, thehotness said:

Yes, however it isn't a crash, but a freeze - the computer hangs. Although it could be due to VATS freezing as well. Not easy to replicate - i have had no issues but was in slow motion/vats when combat strip and bleeding were applied simultaenously leading to the freeze. I have the VATS freeze fix but the HSC script manager needs to be overwritten by another mod... :(

The most common cause of hangs/freezes during VATS is equipping something (typically "potions" in the CK sense). One mod that's cropped up recently doing this is Sex Attributes, which implements its new perversions feature with potions that get script-equipped. Are you using that, by any chance?

But really, anything which does that without first checking to see if VATS is active and waiting for it to exit could cause the problem you mention.