• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First of all, thank you so much for creating this mod, it's a must for every playthrough I make both here and in Oldrim. Beats me why Bethesda would ever block free camera on death. If my PC gets murdered gruesomely I want to be able to scope in onto that shit goddamit

Secondly, I've been using the mod up until today and it worked like a charm, then Steam downloaded the latest update (runtime 1.5.39) and it broke the mod. Yeah it doesn't work anymore but that's to be expected (p.s.: I really really hope you'll update it for SKSE64 2.0.7! I'll keep my fingers crossed). I didn't remove your mod from my load order (I was still able to play despite it not working) and was surprised to discover that it was the cause behind the game crashing whenever an NPC would shoot an arrow. This happened only with the new SSE update, not before. It's not a shocker for a game to act up if it's operating with obsolete content but I never saw anything of the sort happen before and figured it might be worth pointing out nonetheless. Cheers!

why does it state in the description that it is NOT SE compatible? makes me slightly confused... other than that hope we can get some "use after death" mods working as well :3

On 2018/4/8 at 2:43 AM, NeroBlack00001 said:

First of all, thank you so much for creating this mod, it's a must for every playthrough I make both here and in Oldrim. Beats me why Bethesda would ever block free camera on death. If my PC gets murdered gruesomely I want to be able to scope in onto that shit goddamit

Secondly, I've been using the mod up until today and it worked like a charm, then Steam downloaded the latest update (runtime 1.5.39) and it broke the mod. Yeah it doesn't work anymore but that's to be expected (p.s.: I really really hope you'll update it for SKSE64 2.0.7! I'll keep my fingers crossed). I didn't remove your mod from my load order (I was still able to play despite it not working) and was surprised to discover that it was the cause behind the game crashing whenever an NPC would shoot an arrow. This happened only with the new SSE update, not before. It's not a shocker for a game to act up if it's operating with obsolete content but I never saw anything of the sort happen before and figured it might be worth pointing out nonetheless. Cheers!

I've uploaded the new version, see if it works. I didn't test it because I was working through TeamViewer. I think you should update or remove all skse plugins after an official exe update to avoid unexpected behaviors which could be very time consuming to trace.

On 10/4/2018 at 9:49 AM, gp160 said:

I've uploaded the new version, see if it works. I didn't test it because I was working through TeamViewer. I think you should update or remove all skse plugins after an official exe update to avoid unexpected behaviors which could be very time consuming to trace.

I agree. Usually I make sure I have my mods up to date with the latest SKSE. Usually. Then there's those times when I just can't be arsed with it lol. The results are predictable

Anyway, I downloaded the update but there's something wrong with it: now the game CTD's not when I get hit by arrows but when I get hit by any melee weapon. It also appears that-

Just kidding: the mod works just as intended! I only did very limited testing (got an NPC to shoot arrows at me, did some melee fighting and successfully enabled TFC upon death) but everything seems normal nor do I expect there to be problems honestly. Thank you so much for updating your mod, like I said I use it abundantly so I really appreciate it. Right on! :thumbsup:

I've been having a rather interesting problem, myself.  I'm not sure if its born of my computer or of SSE.  When I first drop the two postmortem files into the plugins folder, I have no problem, and they work completely fine.  Then at some point I'll be starting up Skyrim, I'll get to the main menu, and it'll crash to desktop. I'll then see that the postmortem.dll is missing from the SKSE plugins folder.  If I then try to simply replace the dll into the plugins folder, it then gives me an error saying it needs permission to be able to perform the action.  Restarting the computer allows me to put a new file in, but then later at some random point this whole things happens again.

As far as I know, its not registering the file as a virus or anything, so IDK what's going on. I even wen to the drive skyrim is installed in and gave full access to everything on the drive. Didn't help it.

Any idea what may be going on here?

17 hours ago, icky46111 said:

I've been having a rather interesting problem, myself.  I'm not sure if its born of my computer or of SSE.  When I first drop the two postmortem files into the plugins folder, I have no problem, and they work completely fine.  Then at some point I'll be starting up Skyrim, I'll get to the main menu, and it'll crash to desktop. I'll then see that the postmortem.dll is missing from the SKSE plugins folder.  If I then try to simply replace the dll into the plugins folder, it then gives me an error saying it needs permission to be able to perform the action.  Restarting the computer allows me to put a new file in, but then later at some random point this whole things happens again.

As far as I know, its not registering the file as a virus or anything, so IDK what's going on. I even wen to the drive skyrim is installed in and gave full access to everything on the drive. Didn't help it.

Any idea what may be going on here?

If you have antivirus, I'm quite sure it's your antivirus software that silently deleted the dll file and prevented the regeneration of that file.

If you have antivirus, I'm quite sure it's your antivirus software that silently deleted the dll file and prevented the regeneration of that file.

... Yep! Just checked my Virus Chest on avast, and there they all were.  I didn't think it was the problem since when I did a scan on the file nothing came up, but I guess when it ran during the game it would trip something with Avast. Added it to my exclusions. Probably should've checked in on that as well, but every other time before, Avast would always give a notification. Sneaky fucker.  Thanks!

So my previous thing is fixed, but the next thing I'm bringing up isn't necessarily a problem, but something I wonder if you intended, if it's actually yours.

Does your mod affect the global time scale after the player character dies? I noticed that things slowed after I die. Not a whole lot, but noticeably. When I type sgtm 1 into the console, it comes back up to normal speed.  Might this be related to your mod, and if not, might you know what may be happening?

12 hours ago, icky46111 said:

So my previous thing is fixed, but the next thing I'm bringing up isn't necessarily a problem, but something I wonder if you intended, if it's actually yours.

Does your mod affect the global time scale after the player character dies? I noticed that things slowed after I die. Not a whole lot, but noticeably. When I type sgtm 1 into the console, it comes back up to normal speed.  Might this be related to your mod, and if not, might you know what may be happening?

No. This is not happening to me and I had no such intent. You might want to run the game without this plugin to make sure.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ver 1.5.80 has been uploaded

Here are the steps to get the correct RVA value for the ini file

PlayerOffset is the easiest one. It is the value of g_thePlayer in src\skse64\skse64\GameAPI.cpp
To get CameraOffset, first locate g_playerCamera in GameCamera.h. Its current value is 0x02EC59B8.
Open Cheat Engine, attach SkryimSE.exe, click Memory View.
Right click on the lower part, change Display Type to 8 byte hex, then select Goto Address. Enter skyrimse.exe+0x02EC59B8.
Subtract the base address of skyrimse.exe from the first value, the result is CameraOffset.
Find g_menuManager in GameMenus.h, its current value is 0x1EBEB20.
Goto skyrimse.exe+0x1EBEB20,subtract the base address of skyrimse.exe from the first value, then add 0x120, the result is MenuModeOffset.

Return to the main window of Cheat Engine. Select SkryimSE.exe in the Memory Scan Options dropdown box.
Set Value Type= Array of byte, Writable=No, Executable=yes, COW=No. Disassemble the result.
The value for CheckLOSOffset is the RVA of the call instruction below the result address.

On 8/15/2019 at 8:58 PM, gp160 said:

ver 1.5.80 has been uploaded

Here are the steps to get the correct RVA value for the ini file

PlayerOffset is the easiest one. It is the value of g_thePlayer in src\skse64\skse64\GameAPI.cpp
To get CameraOffset, first locate g_playerCamera in GameCamera.h. Its current value is 0x02EC59B8.
Open Cheat Engine, attach SkryimSE.exe, click Memory View.
Right click on the lower part, change Display Type to 8 byte hex, then select Goto Address. Enter skyrimse.exe+0x02EC59B8.
Subtract the base address of skyrimse.exe from the first value, the result is CameraOffset.
Find g_menuManager in GameMenus.h, its current value is 0x1EBEB20.
Goto skyrimse.exe+0x1EBEB20,subtract the base address of skyrimse.exe from the first value, then add 0x120, the result is MenuModeOffset.

Return to the main window of Cheat Engine. Select SkryimSE.exe in the Memory Scan Options dropdown box.
Set Value Type= Array of byte, Writable=No, Executable=yes, COW=No. Disassemble the result.
The value for CheckLOSOffset is the RVA of the call instruction below the result address.

Holy shit, thank you so much!

EDIT: Just test it, SKSE still reports it as incompatible.

The failed plugins are:

• <NULL> version 0 (PostmortemTFC.dll, Patch - Free Death Camera) reported as incompatible during query.

On 8/18/2019 at 5:21 AM, NoJoker said:

Holy shit, thank you so much!

EDIT: Just test it, SKSE still reports it as incompatible.

The failed plugins are:

• <NULL> version 0 (PostmortemTFC.dll, Patch - Free Death Camera) reported as incompatible during query.

Does it function? If it does, you may just ignore this message.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for this mod! I wanted something to go with the "Death Cam Options" mod on Nexus, which extends death cam time.

This works nicely.  ?

Since I use a controller I tried adding the NoRunDLL=1 from the old Skyrim version, but that does not seem to work here. However, the mouse option works well, so no worries.

I use 1.5.80 and I don't get any error messages anywhere. Worked out of the box for me using MO2 (I moved the src folder into Data).  ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone managed to make this run with SSE (i am still with version 1.5.80)?

I get an error "couldn't load plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\PostmortemTFC.dll (Error 193)"

... i guess due to incompatible versions?