Dibella's Blessings - Naked Gameplay

1 minute ago, c5kev said:

I'm trying out this mod and couldn't really see the point of only the "haggling" speech perks being used, but whatever. So I was glad to see 1.2 released with that "requirement" removed. However, it doesn't seem to work - for me anyway - as I selected the "Allure" perk, but couldn't select any new DiBella perk. So...?   Is this due to the older version as part of my save... or?

Perks no longer matter, only ranks in speech, so keep leveling up that skill.

11 hours ago, stillnofunnylogin said:

Running 1.7.3, since it came out.

V1.2: no stack dumps so far (about 45 minutes play), last save shows only one instance each of your three scripts. I still got multiple notification messages for each blessing, though.

EDIT 01: Loaded a save with the new 1.2, got eight nine cycles of messages for seven blessings, and stack dumps. It appears you're removing and reapplying the effects, here's a typical frame from the stack dump:...

EDIT 02: It's what, ten minutes later, and my notification text is still being spammed with "Blessing of ... added" notifications.  The notification log mod only tracks the last 128 notification messages, and it's completely full of blessing added messages.

EDIT 03: Once it stopped applying the blessings, it works well.

This is weird as fuck. It should remove and reapply blessings only when you change options in MCM, or gain a rank in speech. Are you using any mod which would cause your speech skill to change frequently?

7 hours ago, MorePrinniesDood said:

This is weird as fuck. It should remove and reapply blessings only when you change options in MCM, or gain a rank in speech. Are you using any mod which would cause your speech skill to change frequently?

Not when loading a savegame, no.

The only mod I have affecting the speech skill is the Community Uncapper (Nexus ID 1175), and my speech skill is over 100 (162 currently).

24 minutes ago, stillnofunnylogin said:

Not when loading a savegame, no.

The only mod I have affecting the speech skill is the Community Uncapper (Nexus ID 1175), and my speech skill is over 100 (162 currently).

Ok, speech over 100 may be the issue here. Try replacing nudearmorscript.pex with the attached file and see if that clears this issue.

NudeArmorScript.pex

4 hours ago, MorePrinniesDood said:

Ok, speech over 100 may be the issue here. Try replacing nudearmorscript.pex with the attached file and see if that clears this issue.

NudeArmorScript.pex

1) Added new script, started a new game as Breton (starting speech 20), enabled mod, selected both blessings the MCM allowed. I got the same behavior -- repeated notifications about adding blessings and multiple stack dumps.

2) Before closing the game to test your new pex file, I experienced a speech skill level up (one skill level, fwiw) in game. The blessing added notifications happened once, and no stack dump.

Attaching papyrus log, if it will help.

20180307.zip

EDIT: 3) Manually forcing a speech skill increase via the console appears to break the cycle, or at least I don't get the stack dumps.

1 hour ago, stillnofunnylogin said:

1) Added new script, started a new game as Breton (starting speech 20), enabled mod, selected both blessings the MCM allowed. I got the same behavior -- repeated notifications about adding blessings and multiple stack dumps.

2) Before closing the game to test your new pex file, I experienced a speech skill level up (one skill level, fwiw) in game. The blessing added notifications happened once, and no stack dump.

Attaching papyrus log, if it will help.

20180307.zip

Looking at your posts in other topics, it looks like you are either running more scripted mods than your CPU can handle, or there is a major issue with your copy of Skyrim's script engine. Have you recently validated files in Steam to make sure your core files are not corrupt?

44 minutes ago, MorePrinniesDood said:

Looking at your posts in other topics, it looks like you are either running more scripted mods than your CPU can handle, or there is a major issue with your copy of Skyrim's script engine. Have you recently validated files in Steam to make sure your core files are not corrupt?

Load lightened. Dropped Devious Devices and all mods dependent on it before I began playing with this mod. 

One file reacquired through Steam. Does anyone know how to get Steam to tell me which file?

On 3/8/2018 at 2:24 AM, stillnofunnylogin said:

Load lightened. Dropped Devious Devices and all mods dependent on it before I began playing with this mod. 

One file reacquired through Steam. Does anyone know how to get Steam to tell me which file?

Yeah, it always does that. I might be wrong, but I think it's the Skyrim.ini file.

I've been playing with the Community Uncapper (Nexus ID 1175) settings. If I reduce the Speech skill cap to the vanilla setting, I no longer get the repeated blessing application and stack dump(s).

If anyone else if using the Uncapper, the relevant edit in SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.ini is:

[SkillCaps]
;iSpeech=999
iSpeech=100

A new game is not necessary. Just save, close, edit the ini, and begin playing again.

2 hours ago, stillnofunnylogin said:

I've been playing with the Community Uncapper (Nexus ID 1175) settings. If I reduce the Speech skill cap to the vanilla setting, I no longer get the repeated blessing application and stack dump(s).

If anyone else if using the Uncapper, the relevant edit in SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.ini is:

[SkillCaps]
;iSpeech=999
iSpeech=100

A new game is not necessary. Just save, close, edit the ini, and begin playing again.

Hmm, it must mess with the getactorvaluebase() script function.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still unable to select anything below Destruction on the second half of the page. I even uninstalled the mod and reinstalled it. Using Mod Organizer if that matters.

Edit: So apparently that's only on the save that had the older version. It works on my new character. 

On 3/24/2018 at 2:49 PM, YuriPetrova said:

I am still unable to select anything below Destruction on the second half of the page. I even uninstalled the mod and reinstalled it. Using Mod Organizer if that matters.

Edit: So apparently that's only on the save that had the older version. It works on my new character. 

On your character with the bug, try deactivating all effects, save. Remove the mod, load that save, save again. Reactive mod, load save, see if bug is cleared.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2018 at 3:51 AM, MorePrinniesDood said:

Hmm, it must mess with the getactorvaluebase() script function.

You can write a very simple engineering clip function to handle your Uncapper clients.  Like this...

1. Z = getvalueX()

2.  if (Z <=  100) then return(Z), else return(100);

Just like that...simple Clip function right out of any Computer Science 101 textbook (i can write it in one line, but its more confusing that way)

2 hours ago, HardRaine said:

You can write a very simple engineering clip function to handle your Uncapper clients.  Like this...

1. Z = getvalueX()

2.  if (Z <=  100) then return(Z), else return(100);

Just like that...simple Clip function right out of any Computer Science 101 textbook (i can write it in one line, but its more confusing that way)

I, of course, tried that with no success.

On 4/12/2018 at 2:54 AM, MorePrinniesDood said:

I, of course, tried that with no success.

Damn, Papyrus sounds more and more like a dark web of half baked BS the more I hear.   That right there is one of the most basic 2-step, function-driven operations, for any compiler in existence.  And Papyrus blows a gasket when trying THAT?  Sounds like a muddled compiler block scoping issue.  I used to mod Morrowind* for friends and myself, and that compiler could handle engineering clipping without a single hiccup.   Example:

Spoiler

Made a large scale oriental martial arts mod, which had 9 hidden villages all around Morrowind (and required hints from local folks in your existing village to find the next one), each training progressively advanced martial arts and healing (from palm/fist/kick techniques to Akaviri/Shaolin weaponry in the later stages; sword (first tanto, then short, and finally long), bow, and polearm, mainly).  Each village had a Master and a training dojo for player progression, and the training provided was also woven into progressing the Morrowind story line (in fact it ran pretty much in parallel with the base game).  Loved that damned mod, but it took almost a year to construct.  Passed it around to a few friends, but never uploaded it anywhere (didn't have time to support it properly after blowing that much time on making it).

Each village also had a local economy built on surrounding Morrowind flora and fauna (1st village was based on pearl diving, and was hidden near the beginning area, so the local Master also taught underwater breathing, athleticism, and better stamina+chi (a hybrid variation of magicka), which the player could participate in and obtain additional training/enhanced clothing benefit from (no armor though, as it was an unarmored mod, requiring the player to learn progressive palm shielding techniques (custom mage armors mainly, but with small AoE healing cycles) from various Masters).  Thought about porting that one into Skyrim, but that would have been a massive project to port...but given what you and others have told me, would've also been a GD nightmare scenario, LOL.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like an Ahole, but have experience with over 30 different compilers, many made in house, including several with true built-in parallel processing support for parallel CPUs also designed and made in house (real PP (not that blind draw, SMP Windows BS) with an event cycle of 3 microseconds, so coding had to be razor sharp (military targeting app), which is why we had to split and run algorithms on parallel CPUs), and it never occurred to me a professional compiler of any sort could be that dark, and well, inept.  And the problem under discussion simply screams out for an engineering clip function...and of the most simple, arithmetic form (no calculus or linear algebra needed).  Papyrus sounds more and more like a toy, than a tool...

You've convinced me I made the right choice in not learning to deal directly with it (in hindsight, I probably would've broken a ton of stuff around my desk out of pure frustration over it's jerkwater nature, lol.  Was forced into a Cobol project once, and almost blew out my liver, raging over that dinosaur BS).  Been so tempted so many times to jump in, but something always told me to WAIT... worked up several functional frameworks for good Skyrim mods, down to the schema level.  Just need coding/testing/global integration into existing frameworks.  No biggie if they never get realized, simply love designing any form of automata that presents itself.  And given the asynchronous nature of modding, possibilities lie everywhere for unique digital "machine" schematics.  Will probably keep designing them anyway, because I enjoy designing.  But really don't need any more frustration in my life, LOL.  Example driver motivation:

Spoiler

Have a serious rage to kill as many arrogant Thalmor doinks as I can, and in every way possible.  OMG, one of my evil Predators profile players, loves killing them 4 at a time with Deadly Drain+Defeat (hooked up several random event mods, and set Thalmor probability super high, but burns up a crap ton of cycles just to get lots of Thalmor random encounters).  "Oh, so sorry, didn't mean to step on your turf tough guys, how can I possibly make it up to you?  Suck it you say?  Sure thing, how about a group discount, fellas?"  Also run the Sexist Guards mod, so love watching them die screaming while they laugh and ridicule my vamp mistress, LOL.  But hey, I did say she was an evil predator, right?  Mod altered vampire mistress (so she's gorgeous and blood thirsty (modeled after my ex), with DD set to also include vampire feeding and filled black soul gems as part of the drain process.  So, 4 feeds, 4 filled black SGs, each random encounter.  So damned evil, but fun), with a raging need to feed, AND kill Thalmor.  A real mod as her playground would be a wonderful thing...and one that doesn't impact on any of the Skyrim story lines...or break poor Papyrus into a pile of sand. 

No Sexlab inline stuff needed at all, just a fully realized, separate space, rationalized for Thalmor crawling all over the place.  Needs a story, background, and rationale for going there.  Everything else is covered mod-wise, either here, or on Nexus.

• 3 weeks later...

Came here to see what was up with the buffs spamming.  I am using the Uncapper (haven't tried to edit the limit yet, will try that later), but here are some more details to help in debugging.  It seems to be related to any buffs I still have active thru effects added by items/spells, but only on save/load during initial game startup (so far, anyway).

I'm using Sustained Magic (higher in my load order than DB), so buffs like Stoneskin never die off automatically and it apparently starts you with a personal dispel magic spell for just this reason.  If I disable DB in the MCM (set blessings to NONE, or they linger, and disable under Basic), unequip all buff items and use the dispel magic spell to kill any lingering buffs like stoneskin, etc., I can re-enable DB with no ill effects.  I just re-equip my buff items and recast my spells after and it's just fine.

Maybe test for the effect being present, if possible, before trying to reapply?

Edit: I'm using this in SSE, not Oldrim.  "Skyrim Uncapper" settings already set at 100 for iSpeechCraft, so that isn't any kind of work around for me in SSE.

4 hours ago, MorePrinniesDood said:

I was able to reproduce the effects continually re-applying by cranking up visual settings till I was in single-digit FPS. So I think there's a thing where the script gets out of sync with itself. I'll probably add a MCM option to reduce its check interval this weekend.

Seems once I'd unlocked 2 blessing categories, I couldn't use my trick any longer to get the mod to settle down.  FPS dipped into the single digits in a dungeon setting.  For now I've removed the mod and scrubbed my save.  I'll try again on the next update.

I was thinking of other ways to implement this.  You could use a multi-bodyslot item to force unequip all the torso/limb body slots (use SOS_Revealing and Sexlab_NoStrip keywords) with an item enchanted with the various blessings selected.  Maybe adapt the scripting used by Bound items or Dragon Aspect (call it Dibellan Aspect)?  Create/delete/recreate the item when changes are made to the MCM options, remove from inventory when the mod is disabled.

4 hours ago, 4nik8tor said:

I was thinking of other ways to implement this.  You could use a multi-bodyslot item to force unequip all the torso/limb body slots (use SOS_Revealing and Sexlab_NoStrip keywords) with an item enchanted with the various blessings selected.  Maybe adapt the scripting used by Bound items or Dragon Aspect (call it Dibellan Aspect)?  Create/delete/recreate the item when changes are made to the MCM options, remove from inventory when the mod is disabled.

Are you thinking the same way Naked Mage did it? Would need to create quite a few new "items" to apply the various benefits unless there is a way by script to change the MGEF an item is enchanted with. I know you can create an enchanted item from the console so that might work.

7 hours ago, karlpaws said:

Are you thinking the same way Naked Mage did it? Would need to create quite a few new "items" to apply the various benefits unless there is a way by script to change the MGEF an item is enchanted with. I know you can create an enchanted item from the console so that might work.

I've not done any mod development, but I've been on the fringes for years, so my understanding of how everything interoperates is a bit tenuous.  I'll clarify my idea, for the sake of the conversation if nothing else.

I was imagining it would be possible to have a single unenchanted base item that has multiple body-slots defined on it (so you can't wear anything but the item), then it is cloned and enchanted with effects on the fly, similar to the backend that allows players to craft enchanted items. There should be some function there to be leveraged?

So when the player makes changes in the MCM related to blessings, the old item is marked for delete and a player.removeitem type of function is called, then a new item is created with the appropriate effects and a player.equipitem type of function is used.  The item could sit unused in inventory should the player want to equip armor/clothing/whatever, or you could have it disappear like bound weapons and armor when they are unequiped.  If you discard it on unequip, you'll need some kind of spell/shout/hotkey/etc to summon a new one.  It would remove the periodic polling that needs to be done to check for nudity or applying an effect, hopefully reducing script load by having 1 less background process.  That said, I actually like the idea of something monitoring and applying the effects when nudity occurs, whether that is by equiping an enchanted item or directly applying effects.  Would also be cool if you could recruit your followers into the cult as well ;)

1 hour ago, 4nik8tor said:

I've not done any mod development, but I've been on the fringes for years, so my understanding of how everything interoperates is a bit tenuous.  I'll clarify my idea, for the sake of the conversation if nothing else.

I was imagining it would be possible to have a single unenchanted base item that has multiple body-slots defined on it (so you can't wear anything but the item), then it is cloned and enchanted with effects on the fly, similar to the backend that allows players to craft enchanted items. There should be some function there to be leveraged?

So when the player makes changes in the MCM related to blessings, the old item is marked for delete and a player.removeitem type of function is called, then a new item is created with the appropriate effects and a player.equipitem type of function is used.  The item could sit unused in inventory should the player want to equip armor/clothing/whatever, or you could have it disappear like bound weapons and armor when they are unequiped.  If you discard it on unequip, you'll need some kind of spell/shout/hotkey/etc to summon a new one.  It would remove the periodic polling that needs to be done to check for nudity or applying an effect, hopefully reducing script load by having 1 less background process.  That said, I actually like the idea of something monitoring and applying the effects when nudity occurs, whether that is by equiping an enchanted item or directly applying effects.  Would also be cool if you could recruit your followers into the cult as well ;)

I haven't done any scripting, but I have tweaked items and magic effects, some. While I think what you describe would work, I'm not sure if it is the most effective way.

Other mods have an onequip or unequip event that doesn't poll in the background, when you remove an item it fires. I think this is how the Light Armor and Heavy Armor matching set, dark brotherhood set and nightingale perks work as well.

What I'm not sure about is your 'cloned and enchanted on the fly' idea.  A lot of the random enchanted items aren't. They're just a list of "scaled bracers" with each of the possible enchants, and one is picked based on a leveled list.  If you open the Creation Kit, you'll see dozens of rings, then dozens of amulets with the same enchant, dozens more bracers, and boots, armor, cuirasses, with lists of +5, +15, +25% enchants.  There is a console command though...

playerenchantobject <object ID> <MGEF ID> <MGEF ID (optional)>

Example: playerenchantobject 136D5 109637 109637 would give you imperial armor with two magic resist enchantments.

The Magnitude used for any magic effect is set to your enchanting skill, so 85 enchanting skill = 85% magnitude,85 damage/+85 health/magicka/stamina, 85+1 sec duration(weapons only).

Any effect with an MGEF ID can be added, including special effects normally restricted to NPCs and some perk effects. Perk MGEFs don't show up on equipment or passive effects, but still work. They also use enchanting skill instead of the perks usual value, and stack with the real perk.

Weapons made through the console will always have about 11.5 charges(regardless of enchanting level), and can be recharged. Some effects don't require charges unless grouped with an effect that does require charges. When used on weapons some MGEF are toggled on hit(first hit= on,second hit= off), like improved nighteye.

Enchanted weapons/equipment created with this command cannot be disenchanted, the game will tell you that you already have the effect.

damageactorvalue and modAV will affect the magnitude of enchantments without messing with your level/skill progress.

I think you'd need to use the multiple items and removeitem/equipitem method, or just watch for items being unequipped and apply the buffs through a perk or something similar.  The mod Sexlab Leveling has perks that are applied as selected in its MCM and another that is applied when you are sufficiently naked. It doesn't  include script source though so I'm not exactly sure how it does it but the perks and their requirements are visible in the CK. I changed some of the attached magical effects to add more, but lower level, benefits to being naked.

36 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

I haven't done any scripting, but I have tweaked items and magic effects, some. While I think what you describe would work, I'm not sure if it is the most effective way.

Other mods have an onequip or unequip event that doesn't poll in the background, when you remove an item it fires. I think this is how the Light Armor and Heavy Armor matching set, dark brotherhood set and nightingale perks work as well.

What I'm not sure about is your 'cloned and enchanted on the fly' idea.  A lot of the random enchanted items aren't. They're just a list of "scaled bracers" with each of the possible enchants, and one is picked based on a leveled list.  If you open the Creation Kit, you'll see dozens of rings, then dozens of amulets with the same enchant, dozens more bracers, and boots, armor, cuirasses, with lists of +5, +15, +25% enchants.  There is a console command though...

I think you'd need to use the multiple items and removeitem/equipitem method, or just watch for items being unequipped and apply the buffs through a perk or something similar.  The mod Sexlab Leveling has perks that are applied as selected in its MCM and another that is applied when you are sufficiently naked. It doesn't  include script source though so I'm not exactly sure how it does it but the perks and their requirements are visible in the CK. I changed some of the attached magical effects to add more, but lower level, benefits to being naked.

If you were only lacking script source, I've found Champollion to be a good PEX decompiler.

Regarding "cloning": I was referencing that RefID's are cloned items of their original BaseID.  Each item has to have a unique number to track it as an object in game, so it should be theoretically possible to script into existence the item(s) we're seeking.  May take multiple items to cover all the effects you can have active at once, depending on the limits of that command and other possible means (how many effects you can add per item).  It should be possible to use "markfordelete" and "disable" type functions to remove the objects from memory when they are no longer useful.

So script the item into existence, based on MCM settings, into the inventory of an actor.  Maybe use some custom keywords or a unique naming method so we can programmatically find these items on an actor and discover their RefID using something like actorid.showinventory.  Use actorid.equipitem and the discovered RefID to equip the "enchanted armor" and we're ready to party.

I don't know how all this goes together in the best way, I'm just recalling things I've seen in other mods I've examined and things I think I understand about the console commands.

10 hours ago, CaCO3 said:

If this mod is disabled via mcm does the armor perks level up?

They'll scale to your speech skill when you re-enable, but you won't gain speech skill from fighting unarmored while it's disabled.

Also, new version is out with simplified detection of speech skill changes. This seems to fix a condition where blessings continually re-apply at low framerates.