i still havent played skyrim

sarahsenpai

i downloaded the game like forever ago but never played it. these mods got me hecka interested tho. but should i play vanilla skyrim first or go straight into adding mods?

side-ish note, i didnt really enjoy playing the fallout games. with fallout3 i used a bunch of cheats and skipped to the end. with new vegas i played like an hour and quit. so yah, just keep that in mind. im super a.d.d.

Before starting, get just the basics:

* SKSE

* Unofficial Patches (if you have legendary edition then just get USLEEP)

* SkyUI

* A nude body for females (CBBE or UNP)

* A nude body for males (Schlongs of Skyrim lite is my recommendation)

Then play for a while, then start adding mods. And use always a mod manager.

2 hours ago, CPU said:

Before starting, get just the basics:

* SKSE

* Unofficial Patches (if you have legendary edition then just get USLEEP)

* SkyUI

* A nude body for females (CBBE or UNP)

* A nude body for males (Schlongs of Skyrim lite is my recommendation)

Then play for a while, then start adding mods. And use always a mod manager.

noted. thx for the help! that makes it a lot easier. i just checked and i have version 1.9 something. probably a p early one. doesn't say its any kinda special edition, so i'll need most patches.

guess i'll start playing skyrim after i finish re7.

Check your Stream account if you have all DLCs or not (Dragonborn, Dawnguard, Hearthfire.)

If you have all of them, then you have Legendary Edition, and get USLEEP.

If not then get the Unofficial patches for Skyrim and just the other DLCs you have (also none.)

Warning:

• SPECIAL Edition is the port of Skyrim to 64 bits (it includes all DLCs)
  • LEGENDARY Edition is the old 32bits Skyrim with ALL DLCs installed.

Imho more important than nude bodies would be some good looking clothes, with custom bodies even more so (+ bodyslide to adjust the clothes to your body). And if using mods for clothes and if you don't mind cheating: AddItemMenu is one of my must-have, it allows you to get any item from both mods and vanilla with some few mouseclicks, just be careful with quest items... in case you want those i'd rather use console commands (to teleport to the quest target).

Another thing i'd recommend is ENBoost, depending on your hardware an ENb might be good as well, plus maybe some graphic overhauls. Even if you play the vanilla story, it doesn't hurt to make it look good. ;) 

38 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Imho more important than nude bodies would be some good looking clothes, with custom bodies even more so (+ bodyslide to adjust the clothes to your body). And if using mods for clothes and if you don't mind cheating: AddItemMenu is one of my must-have, it allows you to get any item from both mods and vanilla with some few mouseclicks, just be careful with quest items... in case you want those i'd rather use console commands (to teleport to the quest target).

Another thing i'd recommend is ENBoost, depending on your hardware an ENb might be good as well, plus maybe some graphic overhauls. Even if you play the vanilla story, it doesn't hurt to make it look good. ;) 

Yes but the guy has never played Skyrim so mayhap it is better if things are kept simple at first.

Archived