Working DDS Converter for Skyrim files?

I m looking for a reliably DDS converter program for Skyrim Texture Files. Should be able to convert PSD/PNG into DDS (DTX5) format and to convert DDS into PNG/PSD.

I found several programs but they seem all crap. (Easy2convert, DDS converter 1. DDS converter 2) and this: 

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/8698/ but that last one seems crap and its not updated since. 

Any suggestions?
And yes, I tried Photoshop plugins (doesent work for my version) and I will not install GIMP just for DDS. I also do not like Website solutions for DDS file conversion (only if programs all fail...)

I can feel your pain, I could not get the Photoshop plugin to open the DDS files either. However I did find (DDS Viewer) it has been sometime so I don't have a link anymore. With DDS viewer I can open and convert the DDS file to a PNG, then use Photoshop to work with it. Then Photoshops plugin will let me convert the PNG back to a DDS.

I know it is a long round about solution but it is the best I can offer at the moment.

Yep, sorry, don't have any suggestions other than Photoshop plugins. I recall I had to do some fiddling to get it to work, but unfortunately I don't remember what, and in any case that only applies to the version of Photoshop I'm using.

I have an unregistered copy (from when Adobe legit gave away PS CS2 on Adobe.com for free by mistake for a couple days, haha - didn't even have to use "other methods"), so that shouldn't be an issue.

Archived