CTD on loading save help

johntrine

Judging by your load order file I would say that you are trying to use more mods than the game can support.  I believe that hard limit on that is around 250.  I wouldn't push it over 240.

Your second issue it going to be trying to get even 240 mods to play nice with one another.  Good luck with that! :tongue:  

Estrus Charus was the last thing I recognised that Papyrus was running before your CTD.  I would start trimming there, from my understanding - it tends to be unstable.

You have exactly 250 plugins, I'd say that is too much.
But could you give some additional info?
Can you start a new game for example?

By looking at your papyrus I can see: [02/10/2018 - 09:49:07PM] WARNING: Could not find type DS_StartMenu in the type table in save

I'm not sure what DS_StartMenu is, but if I'm correct, that is Souls Quick Menu, or Dark Souls Quick Menu.
I did a search on Souls Quick Menu and found a CTD problem and an answer:

"xale1231 wrote: It's a really interesting concept, and I like it a lot, but the equipment and magic changing is a bit slow, though this may be due to my Skyrim wanting to die because of how many mods I have. Because of the slow speed, I tried to uninstall, but I can't get back into my save, so I'm stuck with it for the time being. Any help?"

"You have to go back to a save before mod was installed, as a matter of a fact every time you uninstall a mod you have to do this, when you dont do this causes your last save game to start crashing very often as loading your savee or after during your gameplay game will eventually crash, it is very important to make different save files very often if you are installing a lot of mods. hope this helps "

So I looked into your plugin.ini and didn't find any Souls quick menu or dark souls menu or DS menu plugin, is it possible that you had that mod and uninstalled it? It's scripts are probably still inside your save if thats the case.

It's not the first time I've seen people having "CTD on loading save" problem with Skyrim Project Optimization (SPO).

Try this workaround:

First step: In MO Main Left Panel, move Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp just above Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm. I know, I know: the mod author's description is a little tricky, stating that correct load order is loading .esp plugins after SPO.esm but ... USLEEP is a false .esp, don't forget that point.

Second step: Deactivate Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esp. Load only one files (.esm) do not use both at the same time.

CTD loading saves is par for the course with a ton of mods. I don't even bother trying to initialise the game with a current save anymore. Go through your available saves. Find the one that is in the least busy location, start a new game if you have to; once you get the game to load, anything, you should be able to load your current save. Now go to the least busy location you can find. The cellar underneath Anise's shack is a good spot, but any small empty cell will do. Make a save here. A proper save, not a quick save. Keep this save. Now everytime you turn the game on, load this save first, then load your current save.

7 hours ago, Fifoo said:

It's not the first time I've seen people having "CTD on loading save" problem with Skyrim Project Optimization (SPO).

Try this workaround:

First step: In MO Main Left Panel, move Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp just above Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm. I know, I know: the mod author's description is a little tricky, stating that correct load order is loading .esp plugins after SPO.esm but ... USLEEP is a false .esp, don't forget that point.

Second step: Deactivate Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esp. Load only one files (.esm) do not use both at the same time.

tried that and still got ctd. should i do that and use a new save?

5 hours ago, Frankfranky said:

CTD loading saves is par for the course with a ton of mods. I don't even bother trying to initialise the game with a current save anymore. Go through your available saves. Find the one that is in the least busy location, start a new game if you have to; once you get the game to load, anything, you should be able to load your current save. Now go to the least busy location you can find. The cellar underneath Anise's shack is a good spot, but any small empty cell will do. Make a save here. A proper save, not a quick save. Keep this save. Now everytime you turn the game on, load this save first, then load your current save.

ya but the problem is having in the loading of new saves too. btw hope this helps but when i run the game with no mods from loverslab (ie default) i get no ctd. the problem mod should be one of them then?

7 hours ago, johntrine said:

Sadly yes, of course, as updating/disabling mods during a playthough is very risky and now any save you make during this playthrough will probably continue to have issues.

7 hours ago, johntrine said:

ya but the problem is having in the loading of new saves too. btw hope this helps but when i run the game with no mods from loverslab (ie default) i get no ctd. the problem mod should be one of them then?

Best would be to never change one's load order in the middle of a playthrough. Doing so can/will result in possible FormID/Quest ID changes, which can break quests/scripts and cause game instability.

SexLab and their related mods are very demanding in term of performance and memory usage (heavy loading scripts, etc ...) thus having a tons of mods with them loaded at one time would lead you to overload your CPU and memory capacities.

I can only advise you to choose very carefully the mods that you absolutely want to keep in your playthrough - you will surely make some sacrifices, unfortunately.

Keep in mind that your mods load order must be free of errors.

8 hours ago, johntrine said:

all the other gave good suggestions, and you know about making merges already so i won't touch that stuff.

looking thru your load order i did notice a couple of things listed below:

1 You have Captured Dreams Shop and some Fox places installed - you will need to check these carefully there are a couple that conflict with the CD Shop.

2 - Neo's Selene.esp- for some reason this specific mod gave me a ctd problem as well, if it is a recent addition i would double check it

3 - you have something called UFO merge, if this is a merge of the UFO follower overhaul and its additions you also have EFF installed  that will cause problems eventually

4 - you have a bunch of merges loading after XPMSE, as i have no way of knowing what is in your merges you will need to be sure nothing overwrites XPMSE

5 - Devious Framework - hmmm this one some people have no trouble with at all and others (i am one of the others) cannot use it without game doing a lot of CTD.

hope this information is helpful

edit 

p.s. something i did not see (may have just missed it) is a bashed patch.

this is worth making (even if not used) because it will give a "missing master" warning for both actual missing master files, and for master files

that are just misplaced (ie the master has not loaded before the file that  requires it).

also you may already know the stuff i posted.

so. i went back and deactivated all the mods from this site and loaded the save.... the save worked. then i loaded the barebone essentials from this website and the save loaded. i went ahead and loaded the esp one by one and i "think" i found the culprit.... it waaaaaaasssssss... quick as you like.(QAYL) i have no idea why that mod caused ctd but upon not selecting it's esp, the game loaded up... so maybe it's fixed?

2 hours ago, johntrine said:

so. i went back and deactivated all the mods from this site and loaded the save.... the save worked. then i loaded the barebone essentials from this website and the save loaded. i went ahead and loaded the esp one by one and i "think" i found the culprit.... it waaaaaaasssssss... quick as you like.(QAYL) i have no idea why that mod caused ctd but upon not selecting it's esp, the game loaded up... so maybe it's fixed?

Good news, I really hope so. :classic_smile:

I wasn't aware of that mod and indeed it's in WIP status for the moment: "3.0 Warning: The 3.0.0.0 release is very raw indeed. In fact it is pretty much guaranteed to leave your PC in an unplayable state. So just to reiterate: KEEP A SAVE!" as stated by the mod's author. It seems to be a good idea to wait for a stable release, as this mod is very promising.

12 hours ago, Fifoo said:

Good news, I really hope so. :classic_smile:

I wasn't aware of that mod and indeed it's in WIP status for the moment: "3.0 Warning: The 3.0.0.0 release is very raw indeed. In fact it is pretty much guaranteed to leave your PC in an unplayable state. So just to reiterate: KEEP A SAVE!" as stated by the mod's author. It seems to be a good idea to wait for a stable release, as this mod is very promising.

i don't know. i had this mod before and this didn't cause a problem before. infact i even know it breaks the mod when you accepts the second quest after the first race since it teleports you to a place that is incomplete and with no way to teleport back.don't know why it caused ctds now. I to hope this is completed but i doubt it. the original author is working on fo4 mods and doesnt replies to any dm. and other mod makers arent planning to make it.... man i hope someone makes it...

12 hours ago, johntrine said:

i don't know. i had this mod before and this didn't cause a problem before. infact i even know it breaks the mod when you accepts the second quest after the first race since it teleports you to a place that is incomplete and with no way to teleport back.don't know why it caused ctds now. I to hope this is completed but i doubt it. the original author is working on fo4 mods and doesnt replies to any dm. and other mod makers arent planning to make it.... man i hope someone makes it...

I second that, unfortunately I'm no mod maker.

On 2/11/2018 at 1:53 PM, johntrine said:

at least you found the mod causing you problems.

and i have played that mod in the past, but due to the state it is in currently i have removed it from my load order.  as long as it has been left it will

probably not get finished by the original author (i could be wrong here), and like you i would like to see it finished (don't hold your breath).

there are some mods that just will NOT work in combination with certain other mods that (for some people) that are only found the hard way (as you did).

for me i had the mod Get Stripped (latest version) in for a long time and when i updated a SLAL Pack it suddenly started CTD at end of loading any game,

even a new game from main menu, by removing the Get Stripped mod it went away.  i KNOW it was not just sheer number of animations in my game for 

two reasons 1 - with it removed (and the new SLAL Pack installed) and 1 other mod updated (ZAZ 8.0 form ZAZ 7.0) i actually have more animations in game

now and it works, and 2 in a previous load order (with Get Stripped in it) i had over 2000 more animations in game and it worked.  in my setup those 2 mods

(Get Stripped and the upgraded SLAL Pack) it causes a CTD, and i don't know why (others have them working together).  one day i am going to have to open

them both up (with TES5Edit and the CK) to see if i can figure out the problem.

happy gaming

8 hours ago, Fifoo said:

I second that, unfortunately I'm no mod maker.

ya. i will keep trying to fiind a mod maker for that though. :tongue: 

8 hours ago, valcon767 said:

at least you found the mod causing you problems.

and i have played that mod in the past, but due to the state it is in currently i have removed it from my load order.  as long as it has been left it will

probably not get finished by the original author (i could be wrong here), and like you i would like to see it finished (don't hold your breath).

there are some mods that just will NOT work in combination with certain other mods that (for some people) that are only found the hard way (as you did).

for me i had the mod Get Stripped (latest version) in for a long time and when i updated a SLAL Pack it suddenly started CTD at end of loading any game,

even a new game from main menu, by removing the Get Stripped mod it went away.  i KNOW it was not just sheer number of animations in my game for 

two reasons 1 - with it removed (and the new SLAL Pack installed) and 1 other mod updated (ZAZ 8.0 form ZAZ 7.0) i actually have more animations in game

now and it works, and 2 in a previous load order (with Get Stripped in it) i had over 2000 more animations in game and it worked.  in my setup those 2 mods

(Get Stripped and the upgraded SLAL Pack) it causes a CTD, and i don't know why (others have them working together).  one day i am going to have to open

them both up (with TES5Edit and the CK) to see if i can figure out the problem.

happy gaming

thanks!

Archived