Hyped for kingdom come.....and the future of its lewd mod

red phantoms

1 hour ago, Sylandras said:

I don't think SexDwarf2250 is very good with history, so I'll help teach you with a wikipedia link since the person is super famous

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_of_Arc

And she was the most famous one, I'm sure plenty other woman joined in the military ranks disguised as men.

Even tho i love the romanticize of Joanne d'arc (Blame fate series) and she is real, her condition is very much exceptional and rare. Not to mention that she for most of the time away from the active combat, Her suggestion about military outlining and strategy are mostly rejected by the real general. In short she is mascot character Want real remarkable woman try queen zenobia, Boudica and semiramis.

But then again When the creation kit is out the 1st thing i do will be adding joanne into the game. XD

Well I don't know about playing as a woman in the game, but getting on topic... I most certainly hope some lewd mods come out eventually.

Like anatomically correct mares... for realism. ;)

Edit: Are there actually mares in game? Or just stallions? I haven't bothered to check every horse I come across in order to find out.

Clearly there exists some misunderstanding here.

KCD is a vehicle which allows the player to tour a very historically accurate representation of Czech society in the 15th century. The people, their roles, the architecture, the combat, the weapons and armor, and the supporting infrastructure of the same are all superbly modeled. Henry, the player character, is your tour guide, and his story reflects that. Now, I don't like set-piece characters. At all. However, I do understand why the dev studio chose to use one. I also understand why they chose a man. His female counterpart wouldn't be anywhere near as exciting to play, and her options would be terribly limited, even supposing she were to receive the same narrative license Henry does. If you're a woman, I'd still highly recommend playing the game, if only to see just how far our not-so-terribly-enlightened species of primates have actually come in the historical blink of 500 years.

Historical inconsistencies (outside narrative license) I see:

1. Rural residents (mostly peasants) tended to be be quite favorably disposed to good hygiene. Disease is bad and bathing is free when you're not near a town. Some evidence exists that the common man and woman bathed every day or every other day if they could at all do so.

2. Like most western medieval societies, women could inherit land and title from husbands; seeing a few widows running important town establishments would've been accurate and fun.

3. Peasants, military men, and mercenaries who had lost homes, lords, battles, and general purpose tended to flee to the forests and live there. Given the period depicted in the game, I would've expected to find at least a few vagrant camps in the forest, but they don't exist.

Now, rumor has it that there might be a Jeanne d'Arc-type DLC. I'm hoping so, because that would be great fun. As for modding, the devs have long promised the tools with which they built the game, so if they deliver, this game will be a modding paradise.

8 hours ago, SkyAddiction said:

Clearly there exists some misunderstanding here.

KCD is a vehicle which allows the player to tour a very historically accurate representation of Czech society in the 15th century. The people, their roles, the architecture, the combat, the weapons and armor, and the supporting infrastructure of the same are all superbly modeled. Henry, the player character, is your tour guide, and his story reflects that. Now, I don't like set-piece characters. At all. However, I do understand why the dev studio chose to use one. I also understand why they chose a man. His female counterpart wouldn't be anywhere near as exciting to play, and her options would be terribly limited, even supposing she were to receive the same narrative license Henry does. If you're a woman, I'd still highly recommend playing the game, if only to see just how far our not-so-terribly-enlightened species of primates have actually come in the historical blink of 500 years.

Historical inconsistencies (outside narrative license) I see:

1. Rural residents (mostly peasants) tended to be be quite favorably disposed to good hygiene. Disease is bad and bathing is free when you're not near a town. Some evidence exists that the common man and woman bathed every day or every other day if they could at all do so.

2. Like most western medieval societies, women could inherit land and title from husbands; seeing a few widows running important town establishments would've been accurate and fun.

3. Peasants, military men, and mercenaries who had lost homes, lords, battles, and general purpose tended to flee to the forests and live there. Given the period depicted in the game, I would've expected to find at least a few vagrant camps in the forest, but they don't exist.

Now, rumor has it that there might be a Jeanne d'Arc-type DLC. I'm hoping so, because that would be great fun. As for modding, the devs have long promised the tools with which they built the game, so if they deliver, this game will be a modding paradise.

While not vagrants, a lot of the bandit camps you can stumble on tend to look like they're inhabited by deserters. 

While I don't know what they intend, the devs have hinted that the female DLC would have you play as Theresia. I could easily see it being set between the last time you see her before leaving Skalitz and when you next meet.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a big charge out of reading most of this, thanks.

It was a chain of thought that started with a mod someone pointed to on nexus, and ended (for now) with a website on queen zenobia.

I'm going now, you're all on a way different higher level.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:29 PM, red phantoms said:

In short she is mascot character Want real remarkable woman try queen zenobia, Boudica and semiramis.

zenobia.JPG

18 hours ago, 2dk2c said:

It was a chain of thought that started with a mod someone pointed to on nexus, and ended (for now) with a website on queen zenobia.

Lol im talking about Septima Zenobia of Palmyrene. Well as long as you are happy i guess it just win win solution XD

Archived