CBBE installed but doing nothing

I decided to clear out all my mods and start over today. The first mod was CBBE, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm just left with the vanilla skin. I changes the Fallout4Custom.ini file correctly, checked to make sure the other .ini files were still as they should be, tried a reinstall of the mod, and even reinstalled nexus mod manager to make sure I didn't have a bug. The game isn't installed in Program files x86 so that's not causing problems and I'm using windows 7 so I'm not experiencing any windows 10 based issues and we know it isn't a mod conflict since it's literally the only mod installed! What am I missing here?

TLDR: It's installed correctly, but isn't changing the player model. What should I try in order to fix it?

Solution: I had to edit an old Fallout4Custom.ini from a previous install. It was on a completely different drive. Check all the possible locations of your Fallout4Custom.ini and edit them all.

CBBE is pretty much plug 'n play - shouldn't need to do anything once installed.  BodySlide on the other hand needs to be run and have bodies/outfits batched.  But if you're not seeing your base body change, that's odd.

Have you verified that the .nif and textures for the female body has infact been installed by NMM?

Body mesh:

../yourgamepath/Data/Meshes/Actors/Character/CharacterAssets/femalebody.nif

Body texture:

../yourgamepath/Data/Textures/Actors/Character/basehumanfemale/femalebody_d.dds 

You can inspect the mesh file in NifSkope, to see if the block name is called "CBBE" it should be.  If it's not.... you're no installed properly.  The CBBE.esp file is not required for the replacers to operate - it has to do with the neck issue for some hairstyles and morphs.

Have you installed other mods?  Like Enhanced Vanilla Bodies (Female) which would have overwritten your CBBE body and textures and replaced with "enhanced" vanilla versions?

On this go, I haven't installed any other mods whatsoever. I checked to make sure that the files listed in the CBBE instructions exist, but not that they are the proper file. I will get nifscope to check but I haven't done a damned thing with bodyslide and still haven't installed any mods other than CBBE this time around. I'm planning to get CBBE running, then get unique player running after that, than move on from there.

6 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

When you click "build" in BS, it will show you where it is putting the new nif. If it's not going to the right file, then it won't show in game.

I wasn't even using bodyslide. I was letting it use the default. I haven't even gotten into bodyslide usage yet this time around. Do you think I should go ahead and download bodyslide just to check that out?

11 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

CBBE is pretty much plug 'n play - shouldn't need to do anything once installed.  BodySlide on the other hand needs to be run and have bodies/outfits batched.  But if you're not seeing your base body change, that's odd.

Have you verified that the .nif and textures for the female body has infact been installed by NMM?

Body mesh:

../yourgamepath/Data/Meshes/Actors/Character/CharacterAssets/femalebody.nif

Body texture:

../yourgamepath/Data/Textures/Actors/Character/basehumanfemale/femalebody_d.dds 

You can inspect the mesh file in NifSkope, to see if the block name is called "CBBE" it should be.  If it's not.... you're no installed properly.  The CBBE.esp file is not required for the replacers to operate - it has to do with the neck issue for some hairstyles and morphs.

Have you installed other mods?  Like Enhanced Vanilla Bodies (Female) which would have overwritten your CBBE body and textures and replaced with "enhanced" vanilla versions?

Ok as we can see by this shot of super high rez toes and the path on the bottom, the .nif is correct, but in the game, it's not correct. What would cause it to not use the files that are in the data folder?

bandicam 2018-02-04 10-09-05-198.jpg

That does look an awful lot like a CBBE foot to me.  The EVB female foot has a different shaped set of toes anyway. :smile:

If the files are there when you manually look - have you activated modding?  I know you said you did.... but I can't think of another cause.

fallout4custom.ini

[archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

Not sure if NMM supports profiles yet, but if you are using profiles - is that .ini edit in the fallout4custom.ini for that profile?  It wasn't for me, the first time I had set up MO2.

Do ANY mods work at all?

7 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Either something is overwriting it or some file paths still need to be adjusted. Un-check every mod in your game except CBBE and test on a new game.

It's literally the only mod installed. No other mod has ever been installed in this file path.

bandicam 2018-02-04 10-28-08-424.jpg

4 minutes ago, AWP3RATOR said:

That does look an awful lot like a CBBE foot to me.  The EVB female foot has a different shaped set of toes anyway. :smile:

If the files are there when you manually look - have you activated modding?  I know you said you did.... but I can't think of another cause.

fallout4custom.ini

[archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

Not sure if NMM supports profiles yet, but if you are using profiles - is that .ini edit in the fallout4custom.ini for that profile?  It wasn't for me, the first time I had set up MO2.

Do ANY mods work at all?

Well it looks right here. Far be it from me to assume I did it right, that's a recipe to get one's self hoisted. Do you see anything wrong here?

bandicam 2018-02-04 10-31-30-489.jpg

13 minutes ago, AWP3RATOR said:

fallout4custom.ini

[archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

Do ANY mods work at all?

Idea! If I install another mod, and it works, that would mean that mods are active and functional, right?

Archived