Screen Shots

Regards not exactly. I remember in oblivs it's best to to a time laps to 48 or 72 hrs game time to let the AI package really start working but even then with my event horizon home my NPC won't come to the bar unless you leave the cell.

I like to take the game back to vanilla and do a hard save then install mods one by one(activate in load order) to get a potential down loaders prospective. Clear all IDs that Esp unpacked in the game. Start fresh. Idk. Blah. You know what tho. I learned TONS about how games work though from all this. I know a lot of things you can't do and how games(some) function. And how it starts at the engine and branches out like a tree or Nif string array ;) it nothing more I took that know-how away. I feel like I put a lot of work into my Nimbus that... Idk it's a static object.

Im going somewhere with this...

I spend more time meshing and adjusting UVs material EM maps n maps Diffuse maps I'm learning BSglow property now playing with a spriggan..

I spend more time doing that than ever playing the game. And when I do play I find something I want to make or change. It's weird. It's like if I really step back making things is the game to me. If there is a broom stick fly mod that would be cool. I'm going to post a line up of my added things it may make you laugh.  So I'm stuck on the docks. I can still make stuff ?

Welp I'm done. Thought I had it fixed but no. Now NPC are sometimes in the cell when I enter and sometimes they are completely gone. It's totally random.

You ever try adding a bard to a new cell? Ever try making a new location? What a fucking joke it should not be that complicated but it is and it broke my spirit all together. It's just a cascade of issues one after the other and to be honest I don't know how to fix it. The docks are going in the trash. It's a little heart breaking because I added 4 new cells and linking them with a fucking location is making me pull my hair out. I have been in a sgitty mood for 3 days over this. I meshes out a whole line of wands got them Nifed just went and tried making a Disarm fire and forget spell. Won't let me link the enchantment to the weapon even though it's flagged as a staff. Absolute bullshit. It's just a barrage of limitations both with the engine and my ability. The thing that hurts the most is its flawed from the ground up. All starting with the vanilla nav mesh at the docks. Honestly I really don't even want to mod Bethesda games any more. I'm thinking about seeing what I can do with XenoVerse. Pretty sure this is the end of my SK modding. It's more irritating than anything any more. Sorry

Face palm. Just got a location working and my stupid ass bard it singing. I feel like I should be happy. I was over come by an awkward emoting and I killed her! ~pant pant pant~ I... I killed all of them then I sat down and just looked at the dead bodies... 

It felt good! Okay so. Bards won't sing  without being in a cell flagged LocTypeInn. But it's not that simple. You have to make a new location then go to the cell edit and flag it with the new location. Then you have to make an X marker and flag it with location center marker then it adds the cell to that location then you have to make an X marker heading the ref that to your bard then give your bard a sandbox AI package. ALL THAT just to get a bard to sing.

To be honest I wouldn't have done it at all if I didn't make my bard so good looking. She looks like one of the girls from the bathing beauties bath house mod. I did really good on her. I went so may places looking for answers and didn't get any. There are a lot of people that can't or don't know how to do what I just did. And I think I figured out a fix for the navmesh/AWOL NPC issue. If so I'm golden again. The exterior nav mesh issue can suck a bag of dicks.

I had to revers engineer a few locations to figure this out. Ugh just when I thought I got away it sucked me back in.

Lots of life stuffs happening. Have to remake the collision for the bunkhouse the spriggan has an upper deck and the collision primitive on the 2nd floor exceeds the object bounds. Easy peasy.

I decided to make my own signature Harry Potter Broom it's getting closer to done and I feel good to share ?

Spoiler

SCMK2-1.jpg.14e198090fe19ffa3ef0ae60f97fb21a.jpgSCMK2-1d.jpg.a1b7e405774587af353c1b86cfcc63a9.jpgSCMK2-2.jpg.7b45becca7b7ac62827c9c502e079fbe.jpgSCMK2-2d.jpg.007d0849115294fe3920cd9435057b04.jpgSCMK2-3.jpg.e5453147a1f8bc4c31b4ebac9eec69ce.jpgSCMK2-3d.jpg.f5c9fcfc8e7954b1f08b960103801492.jpgSCMK2-4.jpg.84fbc2cb8f02c35574358bd06f99d992.jpgSCMK2-4d.jpg.1b63e8ea0d998eef1d92e3cb3935e664.jpgSCMK2-5.jpg.0f463cf1133b97d49bc5c5324cbe4e48.jpgSCMK2-5d.jpg.5d27c57ab08a092a06f20190a5205a35.jpg

I call it the Shadow Caster MK3

120 mph broomstick punch. I have been thinking. Imagine flying.

Getting close to top speed... Then your vision goes tunnel like when you sprint. K? Then a thunder crack sound and the hand casts Ward. And you have just broke the speed of sound. The ward stays until you reduce speed. THAT is what I want for this. That along with the idea of a dog fight with dragons from a broomstick could make this a stand alone mod that would never leave my load order. From there there can be broom shops and forgeable brooms. Put more use to existing ingredients and materials new minable ore like Iridium and bismuth. Right now an actual game of quidditch in skyrim seems beyond reach but if I can get this fucking thing off the ground and make it where you can use magic be it staff hand or something in-between is the goal.

I think it's the ebony plate of boethial that has the black smoke shader. That could be perfect for death eater shrouds. A little tweaking on that and I can make it white for the Auras shrouds. There is just so much cool shit in the Harry Potter series that I don't think it should be scoffed at just because it's represented in Harry Potter. Witch's on brooms magic wands owls what ever else. The reason I'm running with it is because of all the stories that have ever been told about witch's. Harry Potter stands alone in the fact that they have names and brands on their most trivial objects perfect example would be... You guessed it. Brooms! I never heard of the wicked witch of the west having named her broom. Or even the witch in Cinderella naming her wand. Oh but the vorpal sword got a name. See what I mean?

I live in that grey area between cannon and ship. It's my home and the only limitation is my ability 

It always breaks my immersion to think that the power to reanimate the dead is taboo in TES games but completely possible but magic that would allow one to fly is absurd and non existent. (Throw back) -boots of spring heel jack-.

I know there's a good reason that they don't make flight in the TES games I learned that in oblivion with ring of wings. A lot of places were not meant to be seen from above and pop god forbid I just fly up to the throat of the world right?

I remember Morrowind. Leaving Seada Been to Vivec the levitating wizard falls to his death. He was flying. They just did away with so much of the good stuff. Like darts and throwing stars a lot of stats... I just want to bring a few elements of magic back. Makes me sad actually.

Change the hand to one that is pointing and then wait till someone is bending over and then fly over and poke them in the butt.

I at one time had a mod that added daedric boots of computer crashing speed. Wearing these boots you could get from one side of the map to the other side faster then you could warp there. Though you did have to have god mode turned on when wearing these boots because now even an ant hill can kill you. I once thought I was being cute as I gave a pair of those boots to Lydia and then one to my character. I used the console to change Lydia's height so that she was higher then the treees and then ran a ways and turned around to watch her run to me. But she was only able to take one step before the game went fuck you and closed.

I had a mod called nuclear rabbit which was also a fun way to travel even if you weren't suppose to use it for that. Say I wanted to go east then all I had to do is face west and start shooting nuclear rabbits at the players feet till the first one blew up sending you flying and then the next one would go off and by the time the last one went off you were really flying then.

Last one I had was a super shout mod that allowed you to shout someone into the sky till they disappeared into the clouds. But the funniest part about that was when they reentered the atmosphere they would be falling with a big black cloud trailing them like they were on fire.

On 10/11/2018 at 4:31 PM, TheRealMissAmber said:

It always breaks my immersion to think that the power to reanimate the dead is taboo in TES games but completely possible but magic that would allow one to fly is absurd and non existent. (Throw back) -boots of spring heel jack-.

I know there's a good reason that they don't make flight in the TES games I learned that in oblivion with ring of wings. A lot of places were not meant to be seen from above and pop god forbid I just fly up to the throat of the world right?

I remember Morrowind. Leaving Seada Been to Vivec the levitating wizard falls to his death. He was flying. They just did away with so much of the good stuff. Like darts and throwing stars a lot of stats... I just want to bring a few elements of magic back. Makes me sad actually.

I pay tribute to said fallen wizard from Morrowind in my Hammerfell mod. ;) Luggage everywhere....

Spoiler

ScreenShot1602.jpg.a5819d3358b5676cffc59b6fdf5895ce.jpg

Work proceeds in the Black Marsh...complete (pathing, flora, monsters, buildings, caves, etc) from the Elsweyr border to the East map edge, so far. The terrain extends much further...but I've yet to touch. No quests...just adventure...including hunting much more numerous Black Bow Bandits.

Pic: One of the added lakes has the usual suspects present...and cattails. Millions of them....

12 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:
  Hide contents

ScreenShot1602.jpg.a5819d3358b5676cffc59b6fdf5895ce.jpg

Work proceeds in the Black Marsh...complete (pathing, flora, monsters, buildings, caves, etc) from the Elsweyr border to the East map edge, so far. The terrain extends much further...but I've yet to touch. No quests...just adventure...including hunting much more numerous Black Bow Bandits.

Pic: One of the added lakes has the usual suspects present...and cattails. Millions of them....

Looks good! Some bog huts wit tiki style torch's would be cool. But it looks great

And here we have revision 3. It's really starting to come to life now. All of that is cut from 1 24 sided cylinder. Extrusion and facing but there are no buried faces. I segmented it into 3 material trishape seam to seam..

This was good practice so many converging angels. The center of the ring will have alpha and and inner dome with emission. I'm thinking maybe a soul gem environment map for the emerald green of the ring.

Spoiler

Rev3.jpg.b4e499d69200903c37278721e0207dc7.jpg

15 hours ago, TheRealMissAmber said:

Looks good! Some bog huts wit tiki style torch's would be cool. But it looks great

Black Marsh was a real mess. Not only did they mix terrain pallets (mountain and jungle), creating millions of sharp conflict lines where they jammed the cell texture count*...every tree...needed to be properly sunk into the ground to avoid floating tree issues. Tedious...but that bit of the fun is long complete. Thank gawd!

I joined Muggrug's Tropical South with the Niben/Topal Bay fix and then used that as the base to start from.  I'm sure it's one dirty l'il esp...but runs great on this rig. Clocking-in at 20mb in size at the moment (Hammerfell was 45MB when I finished)

* 7 (or less) terrain types per cell quadrant is the max...anymore creates big problems.

I have problems with that too. I have had to do some Terrain painting. I did a little in all things alchemical rebuilt (for oblivion) is there a way that you know of to display the active terrain textures in a given cell?

I dread it any more because more often than not I will attempt to do corrections and end up with black spots in wilderness cells then I have to cycle through the land textures to fine one that works.

Teach me.

Btw what I was talking about is the bamboo huts like they had in Vietnam in the 1960s. Think Rambo.

They had a similar set up in Morrowind with river shacks.

But anyways I spent a lot of time outside oblivion borders after so far out Tex quality dropped off and every tree hovers so that is a lot of work. That's a huge area Dog. Well done

1 hour ago, TheRealMissAmber said:

I have problems with that too. I have had to do some Terrain painting. I did a little in all things alchemical rebuilt (for oblivion) is there a way that you know of to display the active terrain textures in a given cell?

I dread it any more because more often than not I will attempt to do corrections and end up with black spots in wilderness cells then I have to cycle through the land textures to fine one that works.

Teach me.

Btw what I was talking about is the bamboo huts like they had in Vietnam in the 1960s. Think Rambo.

They had a similar set up in Morrowind with river shacks.

But anyways I spent a lot of time outside oblivion borders after so far out Tex quality dropped off and every tree hovers so that is a lot of work. That's a huge area Dog. Well done

In Terrain Edit Mode...you get the active cell's terrain pallet list by Ctl-Alt-I...very important. If it is jammed full of terrain in a particular quadrant (say there's nine listed with a percentage) you need to get rid of some to get things to display properly. You do this by right clicking on a terrain type and choosing 'replace' rather than 'delete'. Delete leads to issues... Often, you just pick one of the terrain types with under 1% and combine it with a more plentiful terrain type. When you get down to 7 per quad...this is optimal. Then you can paint without those nasty sharp lines ruining things. Blending is also important to get things looking great as opposed to blah. They were rushed making Oblivion...of course...and didn't blend a LOT of their rocks into the terrain.  There's usually a terrain type just for that in each region pallet...BW, CP, Great Forest...etc. Plus you can overlay grasses/terrain types so both types display...keep the touch light and the drop-off about 50-70%. Makes for some awesome landscape. I learned most of that while building Hammerfell which is why the quality improves as one travels...heh.

Elbethian (Betty) made a full Apocalypse Now! mod complete with grass shacks which is pretty cool.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46444

46444-0-1443180933.jpg.ee3c719034e74fbb2e1400295acf282a.jpg46444-0-1445253585.jpg.3789390090419ac33fc46c0afc42d080.jpg

For now, I'm trying to keep this as stock as possible...still, I added a bunch of third party stuff...duck weed...white sand beaches...etc. But, I still have hundreds of cells to the East to play with...mushroom forest using SI stuff was a thought...a place to get lost in...

my phone screen got messed up. white lines going all through the screen. sucks. i like that. i was thinking of a big project for skyrim. i guess there is a place in Thailand where there is a huge cave that goes through a mountain. and is open on both sides with a water fall on one end and a river that runs out to the other. its so big inside this place has its own weather and i guess it can rain in there. i want to do something like that for skyrim tucked away so i dont have to do occlusion for it. right now im doing a tectonic chasm  with ice over top of it like a glacier sliding over top with wight coming through the ice. its a secter way into blackreach. thats an underground dwemer city that falmer have taken over. huge glowing mushrooms red nirn roots. there is sooooo much to do. im so behind on everything lmao