Problem/bug with equipping armors

I can't wear at the same time bottom bikini and top bikini form The Amazing World of Bikini Armor mod. It just replace itself. Similar is with Lind's Woodland Alchemist but there I can't wear skirt and top, so I don't think it's a mod problem.

When I start a new game I can equip thong and bikini, but when I add another part of armor, thong unequipp by self and can't equip them together (top and bottom) anymore.

I was trying to change slots in TES5edit for thongs but it went worse. At first, it seems fine, but when I reload save later, most of the bottoms were invisible (was trying to do that 2 times with different slots - 60 and 52), and it was changing, for example once Iron II, Steel I was ok, but after another loading this save they were again invisible.

Ask anything you need.

And if it will be a plugins list - is there any faster way to copy them, cuz I have 234.

In skyrim, you need to change slots in both the esp (armor addon) and the the nif file using nifscope or later versions of outfit studio. So you would have to change the slot to 52 in both the ARMA and corresponding nif file. Also beware, if the nif using slot 32 has a body (the bottom for example), you'll have to delete it when changing the slot to 52.

18 minutes ago, BlackShades said:

In skyrim, you need to change slots in both the esp (armor addon) and the the nif file using nifscope or later versions of outfit studio. So you would have to change the slot to 52 in both the ARMA and corresponding nif file. Also beware, if the nif using slot 32 has a body (the bottom for example), you'll have to delete it when changing the slot to 52.

I didin't change the slot 52, 52 was original I change it to something else, I can't remember now, but it doesn't matter.

I know that it was invisible because I didn't change the slot number in .nif files, but it's too many of them for me to do that, especially when the 52 seems to be working and there is no 32 slot in meshes.

My main question was, why is that I can't wear this two parts even if they have different slots?

If the top uses slot 32 and the bottom uses slot 52 in the ARMA/ARMO/Nifs, and you have nothing else equipped that uses those slots... there's absolutely no reason at all u cannot use it together. Unless you're using something like Devious devices and the device hider is set to hide the slot 52 in case the body 32 is equipped. Cant help more without knowing the exact  armor/clothing pieces.

8 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

This is not an issue with your armor mods - it is Schlongs of Skyrim detecting items that use slot 52 as a penis and hiding them when you wear chest armor.  Normally females are not picked up in SOS, but if you use any female schlong/pubic hair mods or just get unlucky a female can become "schlongified" and SOS by default will attempt to unequip any slot 52 items when chest armor is worn.  Basically this is the functionality SOS uses to make sure actors with schlongs aren't constantly dangling while wearing armor.

The simplest solution is to mark any armor that is causing you problems as "revealing" in the SOS Player/NPC settings MCM menu.  This will stop that type of armor from hiding thongs/underwear ect.  I would not recommend changing the slots because of the how likely bugs or slot conflicts are, especially with the bikini armor that uses up most of the slots for all the optional pieces.

Thank you so much.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/21/2019 at 11:49 PM, neveronelie said:

for those who are wondering how to do those fix precisely here are some screenshot of where to do the change in the mcm for the fix :

Devious device (causing invisible bottom) Change the : Body - full  (32) each option to none diable. (can be done quickly with keyboard by clicking and pressing r then tab and clicking the next one)
20190522004412_1.jpg.f76aee9c6e6fc9277948c574f2de895d.jpg

for the SOS just click the revealing armor while having the top you want equip (needs to be repeated for each armor top)

20190522004444_1.jpg.4f904f243c8e8efd863f1f2e5b3b9ec7.jpg

thank you so much, this was the solution for me 

On 11/8/2019 at 4:25 PM, garmor28 said:

thank you so much, this was the solution for me 

may i add this is the same fix for special edition

and i was trying to find the fix but everything people said was with no pics and i just wanted to provide some visual information to make it easier. 

anyway i'm glad it helped someone :)

• 4 months later...

So my full body armor replaces a skirt and a belt slot 56 and a sleeve that is slot 58. 

after ticking the "Revealing" then backing out of MCM it does not save the change. i go back in and it is nolonger ticked. My devious devices everything is set to none aswell, have not got around to fully install it yet :) 

Nevermind it was Devious Devices. turned it off to test and will have to see if i missed something.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, I didn't see an answer for just the bottom part. I crafted the Hide Shortpants, but can't equip it at all, as it keeps removing itself. There's nothing to select in SOS for revealing, as it's grayed out. Apparently it's something to do with slot 52, but beyond that im stumped. any advice? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 9:49 PM, neveronelie said:

for those who are wondering how to do those fix precisely here are some screenshot of where to do the change in the mcm for the fix :

Devious device (causing invisible bottom) Change the : Body - full  (32) each option to none diable. (can be done quickly with keyboard by clicking and pressing r then tab and clicking the next one)

for the SOS just click the revealing armor while having the top you want equip (needs to be repeated for each armor top)

I love you. Even now close to 2021 this post is still helping people like me.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 6:49 AM, neveronelie said:

This worked like a charm.

Though i don't know what effect it will take on DD.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2019 at 5:49 AM, neveronelie said:

Yep. I D/L'ed a lace underwear outfit from The Nexus and was getting the bottom-on/top-off problem. Used the 2nd solution provided by Neveronelie as regards the SoS 'revealing' checkmark and it worked like a charm!
Many thanks x

• 2 months later...
On 5/21/2019 at 11:49 PM, neveronelie said:

Thank you very much, I had been dealing with this problem a lot, even the sos "revealing armor" option did not work with all my armor mods.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks.  I was having the armor invisibility problem off and on for a few months.  Turns out that adjusting the DD underneath settings to none fixed it.  I tended to ignore this DD MCM setting, so it seems that the slots were set by default, then when I used a MO2 configuration that had DD the problem would reoccur.  I have a lot of mods and complex configurations, so I do not know how long it would have taken to figure this out without this post.  So I salute you.