Which version of skyrim should i play/mod?

Oldrim has mods galore, Newrim has stability. So if you want mods, Oldrim. If you just want to play the game without issue, Newrim. Even a system that can rock any Rim on Ultra setting isn't going to compensate for the limitations of Oldrim's 32-bit engine when script loads get too heavy, even with nearly a dozen different tweaks, patches, and utilities.

So it's sort of a catch-22: Oldrim has tons of mods but can't handle too many script-heavy ones. Newrim can handle a lot more mods but doesn't have as many. If Bugthesda has truly stopped breaking "patching" Newrim, then SKSE64 can be finalized and mods that require it can be converted...if the original authors or others with permission ever do so. Or you can convert an Oldrim mod to run on Newrim if you know how. I don't know how so please don't ask.

You could get Skyrim SE but you might be waiting a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time for mods to come out. Buy weed instead or a nice book or a graphic novel(emphasis on graphic)

I've actually personally found from a recent delve that most SSE stuff is already in place. The only thing I've been waiting on is the Enhanced Camera mod, for which Joy of Perspective is an adequate replacement if you're willing to do the work to make other armors compatible. There's also an option that basically keeps all animations without the work, but you'll have third person combat animations, which are a tad hard to see from first person.

I've recently tried Skyrim SE, because LE was too unstable for me (lot of crashes and stuttering). I played about 2h because it was too boring without many essential mods. SexLab Light SE is primitive and depending on spells - because of lack of SKSE. There are also very few animations. So I decided to get back for Legendary Edition and try to make it as much stable as possible and finally it worked and there's almost no difference between LE and SE in smoothness now. So I don't recommend Special Edition (at least for this moment, when SKSE is still at alpha).

You can spice up SSE a  bit, and it's not like it doesn't have a few mods that were made expressly for it that I think are better than anything in Oldrim (like Obsidian).

But for full on sexy time it's still a bit lame. I'd give SSE another 6 months to mature. At least now SKSE64 is out and folk are actively modding for it regardless of it being alpha, that seems more of a foregone conclusion than it once did.

So Oldrim for sexy time, Newrim for a future potentially bright enough that you gotta wear shades.  

Depends on if were talking about sex mods. Oldrim utilizes everything that has been released here, you can make your game into a full BDSM nightmare if you want, theres so much sex mods to choose from and they compliment eachother very well.

SSE has pretty much all the regular gameplay and graphics mods ported, the only thing it lacks is Sexlab and all the sex mods. The progress on to get them to work in SSE seems to be accelerating tho, were suddenly seeing a beta version of Sexlab right now and all kinds of stuff springing to life.

TL:DR - If you're impatient, go for Oldrim, if you're willing to wait a few months without the full arsenal of sexmods,go for SSE

Stick to Oldrim. SSE is just a lab for Beth's new practices. They will announce TES6 this year at E3 and release it early next year. They will release the Creation Kit to their Special Club one year before releasing a limited version to the public when the CC will already have a good amount of mods. They will also put the mods made with CK under DRM and restrict them to Beth.net and break external mods with constant updates.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS!!1!

On 27-1-2018 at 7:58 AM, bunnyllo said:

i got both, can  you use sevenbase armors from the old one?? if you can well maybe i try the special edition, i really not into sex mods, like the armors, the bodys and the poses mods and of course enb and stuff to improve the graphics

You can use meshes and textures from oldrim in sse, only script mods and certains followers don't work. most stuff is already ported tho.
there are converters for meshes so you can make them better optimised for sse yourself but imo I don't really need it since the oldrim version works just fine.
But if you can get an already converted version you should. (or you could juse get the bodyslide for sse and a sevenbase bodypreset)

ENB is already ported too, and personally I think SSE with enb looks better than oldrim with enb because sse has a better base to work with, also it's so much more stable because of the 64 bit over the 32 bit engine. I don't really use pose mods myself but I have seen a couple that had been ported, I just don't know if there are many. I do know that FNIS was ported tho.

11 hours ago, Wolfsy said:

You can use meshes and textures from oldrim in sse, only script mods and certains followers don't work. most stuff is already ported tho.
there are converters for meshes so you can make them better optimised for sse yourself but imo I don't really need it since the oldrim version works just fine.
But if you can get an already converted version you should. (or you could juse get the bodyslide for sse and a sevenbase bodypreset)

ENB is already ported too, and personally I think SSE with enb looks better than oldrim with enb because sse has a better base to work with, also it's so much more stable because of the 64 bit over the 32 bit engine. I don't really use pose mods myself but I have seen a couple that had been ported, I just don't know if there are many. I do know that FNIS was ported tho.

uhm yeah i don´t understand the diference betwen 64 and 32 but the better base sounds just right maybe i give it a try

42 minutes ago, bunnyllo said:

uhm yeah i don´t understand the diference betwen 64 and 32 but the better base sounds just right maybe i give it a try

it's like kinda this, pc's store stuff in bytes and bits (1 bit = a 0 or a 1)
1 byte = 8 bits

a 32 bit engine stores stuff in max 32 bits (per reference to space in RAM), which means it's faster because less 0's and 1's per reference than 64 bit, but it's also less acurate, but since pc's have evolved the speedpenalty is kinda gone in most cases (it still costs a bit more RAM tho)

it's kinda more complicated, but I don't think I can explain it so you would understand (mostly because english isn't my first language)

the result is this
oldrim 5 dragons and 20 npcs game crashes
sse 50 dragons and 200 npcs, small fps drop

(these numbers are bs, but I'm trying to say sse is so much more stable)

(also like I said before, you have a seriously nice ass :thumbsup:)

5 hours ago, Wolfsy said:

it's like kinda this, pc's store stuff in bytes and bits (1 bit = a 0 or a 1)
1 byte = 8 bits

a 32 bit engine stores stuff in max 32 bits (per reference to space in RAM), which means it's faster because less 0's and 1's per reference than 64 bit, but it's also less acurate, but since pc's have evolved the speedpenalty is kinda gone in most cases (it still costs a bit more RAM tho)

it's kinda more complicated, but I don't think I can explain it so you would understand (mostly because english isn't my first language)

the result is this
oldrim 5 dragons and 20 npcs game crashes
sse 50 dragons and 200 npcs, small fps drop

(these numbers are bs, but I'm trying to say sse is so much more stable)

(also like I said before, you have a seriously nice ass :thumbsup:)

Thx! that was a really good explanation, the next time i surely will install the special edition, right now i have to be picky about what to play, every game since last years needs like 50+ gb of space xD next month i`m buying a new hdd there i will follow your advice. 

Archived