hello everybody i need some advice and im running out of guessing options. the mistake may be a simple miss on my part, but i cant seem to figure it out.so i am trying to merge plugins what i am meging is all armors and weapons witch are all script free except for hdt heels wich is required for TERA armor collection . i will list the steps i go through and hopefully anyone who reads this may offer some insight. First i install all the choice mods then the patches second in nmm after that i sort load order with loot,next i go into tes5 edit to do a basic udr and itm cleaning after that i enter merge plugins i check all my mods and usually remove any error flagged mods from the merge so the indicated color on mere plugins is all in green. the i go back into tes5 making a merged patch after it is complete i remove and levaled items saving and exiting afterwards next i go to wyre bash and make a bashed patch making sure both patches DO NOT include anything that wont be used in the merge but i do include the skyrim dlc update and unofficial update esms in the patching process and finally i run the "check errors" button in the merge plugin post merge  usually getting a few minor conflicts only to ignore (most of these are indicated as out of order) according to tes5 edit finally everything is merged i wait for tes5 merge to indicate it as done as well as the command menu running all the files in the background  before saving and exiting tes5 merge then i go to the un-compressed files in the output location then compress into a rar running an install through nmm after a rar compression has completed only to install and it well get to the main menu but crash shortly after arriving. a little bit about the trials thus far i made sure all mods had no requirements other then tera witch i did include hdtheels in the merge. Did i Miss something ? any help would be appreciated.

For armour and weapons mods, some of the errors can be sorted out by adding update.esm as a master file to the esp, if it is not already a master anyway.

Also one of the things I found when doing merges is never but never include esm files in them, not to sure why but no merge I every made including esm's has ever worked properly, there again from what I am aware most of the guides on merging say not to include esm anyway.

Depends on how you did the merge, for me I would load all the mods I inted to merge into tesedit, select only the esp for the merge, then run the merge script, most merges do not really like having things such as hdt heels and other such esm master files merged into them, nor would I have created merged or bash patches for the level lists and such, as from what I remember the merge plugins script merges them when it is run.  Though to be honest the way I merge is mostly from trial and error seeing what works and what did not work on my setup, though the standalone version is much better, though it can be massively more fiddly to get the merge to actual even run.

And I have not seen the gamer poets video.

As for what I mean when I suggested adding the update.esm to the file, what I mean is for example say you have a weapon mod called bigsword.esp, but it has out of order records errors, simply add the update.esm to the masterfiles for bigsword.esp, then re-check the mod for errors, it may or may not sort them out, for me nine out of ten times it sorts those errors out.

9 hours ago, Varithina said:

Depends on how you did the merge, for me I would load all the mods I inted to merge into tesedit, select only the esp for the merge, then run the merge script, most merges do not really like having things such as hdt heels and other such esm master files merged into them, nor would I have created merged or bash patches for the level lists and such, as from what I remember the merge plugins script merges them when it is run.  Though to be honest the way I merge is mostly from trial and error seeing what works and what did not work on my setup, though the standalone version is much better, though it can be massively more fiddly to get the merge to actual even run.

And I have not seen the gamer poets video.

As for what I mean when I suggested adding the update.esm to the file, what I mean is for example say you have a weapon mod called bigsword.esp, but it has out of order records errors, simply add the update.esm to the masterfiles for bigsword.esp, then re-check the mod for errors, it may or may not sort them out, for me nine out of ten times it sorts those errors out.

ok how do you run the merge script i have never done this

3 hours ago, coltontooman said:

ok how do you run the merge script i have never done this

Ok, how are you merging the mods then? Manually? If so you would then need to go through the merge changing any references from the old mods locations to the new merged mod locations.  Depending on how things are this may or may not take too much time to do.

As for the script I got it from nexus, found here https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37981 though it may be included in current versions of tesvedit,  and what you do is load the mods you want into tesvedit, when it has finished all its loading, simply highlight each mods esp you want to include in the merge, the right click, and select run script, scroll through the list of scripts till you find the merge plugins script, select that then click ok, then sit back and wait till it has finished.

Though to be honest the standalone version listed earlier by somebody else is the one still being developed, the script version is the older one, and as far as I am aware not being developed any more.

13 hours ago, Varithina said:

Ok, how are you merging the mods then? Manually? If so you would then need to go through the merge changing any references from the old mods locations to the new merged mod locations.  Depending on how things are this may or may not take too much time to do.

As for the script I got it from nexus, found here https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37981 though it may be included in current versions of tesvedit,  and what you do is load the mods you want into tesvedit, when it has finished all its loading, simply highlight each mods esp you want to include in the merge, the right click, and select run script, scroll through the list of scripts till you find the merge plugins script, select that then click ok, then sit back and wait till it has finished.

Though to be honest the standalone version listed earlier by somebody else is the one still being developed, the script version is the older one, and as far as I am aware not being developed any more.

thank you for the advice i appreciate it

Archived