Requiem v4.0.2 for SSE (incl. AE) Conversion Guide for Mod Organizer

Requiem 3.02 Conversion Guide with Mod Organizer 2

I went over a lot of what Climbatiz did just to keep it simple and stop users from looking up and down all the time. Really, most of the credit goes to him. I'm also going to cover converting the meshes, animations, and the ESPs that we're able to. 

An important note: Requiem.dll isn't converted at all in this guide. I don't know specifically what it does, but it's been described as an “anti-cheat” plugin, so I'm guesing it isn't 100% necessary for gameplay. Also, the patcher corrupts weapon critical data, but Requiem doesn't use that data very much. According to this post, only a few perks use it, and nothing in the 2.0 changelog suggests that has changed.

With that out of the way...

I'm going to assume you know how to work Mod Organizer 2 for the most part with this guide. There's too much to cover to go into that much detail. There's also instructions on how to run binaries (things like SSEEdit and Wrye Smash) through MO2 in the opening post. I'll be happy to point out guides for pretty much anything else.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Tools:

You'll also need:

I. Setup.

--- Install Tools:
Install Java if you don't already have it, Install SSEEdit, Wrye Smash, SKSE, and the Creation Kit.

Mod Organizer 2: download the standalone version and place it somewhere outside of your Skyrim Special Edition folder (I've read that installing it in the Skyrim Special Edition folder causes issues. I put mine under  SteamApps>Common). Run the exe. Choose "Portable," then "Skyrim Special Edition."

--- Install Mods: 

Install SkyUI, Requiem 3.02, Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch, SSE Engine Fixes, and the Requiem Records Fix esp as you normally would using Mod Organizer 2 (MO2).

If you don't know how to do this, click the archive button Archive_MO.png, navigate to the .zip or .rar file with the mod, click it and choose "Open." Your mod should pop up in the large middle panel. Go ahead and tick the checkbox next to it to install it.

Make sure the Requiem Records Fix esp is top in your load order, but below any DLCs. Now right click and copy the JAR you downloaded from above – the converted reqtificator.jar. Right click the Requiem 3.02 installation in MO2 and click “Open in Explorer.” Click the SkyProc Patchers, then click the Requiem folder. Paste the new jar file in here. Make sure it overwrites the old one. It can't be installed as a separate mod or it will throw an error. Alright?

--- Add Binaries to MO2:
Now go ahead and add the Creation Kit, SSEEdit, Wrye Smash, and the Reqtficator.jar as binaries in MO2.

If you don't know how to do this: 

Click the gear button  
Gear_MO.png in MO2 to bring up the executables. Then click the "..." button next to the binaries field, and find your executable (CreationKit.exe for the creation kit, etc) and hit ok. Then type the name in the top field, in this case "Creation Kit," and hit "Add." Now on the right of MO2, near the "Run" button, there should be a drop down list with "Creation Kit" in it. Whenever we want to run the Creation Kit through MO2, we select it and hit "Run." Do this for the Creation Kit, SSEEdit, Wrye Smash, and SKSE. 

For the reqtificator: This is a jar file, so it needs to be run through java. Following the same steps, it should fill out most of the fields automatically, but if not, you'll have to find your javaw.exe file and select it in the first field. My path was "C:\Program Files\Java\jre-9.0.4\bin\javaw.exe" but yours might be different depending on your java version. 

For SSEEdit: A recent update disabled the editing options we needs to use in this guide. Add "-IKnowWhatImDoing -AllowMasterFilesEdit" to the arguments field when adding the binary. (Thank you, Sumz) 

Spoiler

Example.png.09814d74002be03280b030b6b69b8821.png

II. Converting the Meshes. 

Open up your Requiem installation in MO2 and  navigate to the "meshes\actors\character" subfolder. Inside is a folder called "FaceGenData." Delete it. We'll regenerate that when we convert the ESPs.

Run SSE NIF Optimizer.exe – it doesn't matter from where. Don't change any options for now, and make sure the red box is NOT ticked. Now hit “browse” at the top. Navigate to your Requiem installation in the prompt and double click the meshes folder. Make sure you're inside it, and then hit “Select Folder” at the bottom. Now hit “optimize."

ProTip: If you're going to use this tool to convert any other meshes, you should know that it differentiates between certain mesh types. Remember that red box we didn't tick? That's for headparts meshes. Things like hair, head meshes, eyes, etc. You have to make sure to convert them separately. In this case, it didn't matter because the only headparts requiem has are the facegen data, which will be regenerated when we resave the ESPs in the creation kit.

III. Converting Animations

Requiem 2.0+ comes bundled with a few animations that need to be converted.

Open the HavokBehaviorPostProcess.rar that you downloaded under the tools section of this guide – It's the animation converter. There should be three files there – UpgradeHavokBehavior.bat, and HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe, and readme.txt. You can ignore the readme.txt, but copy the other two and place that at the top level of your Requiem installation. Again, to get there, just right click Requiem in MO2 and hit “Open in Explorer.” Your top level folder is the same one with Requiem.esp in it.

Now just double click UpgradeHavokBehavior.bat to run it. What this does is batch process all animation folders in this folder and all subfolders. That's all you need to do. You can delete those two files from this folder when you're done.

IV. Converting Requiem.esp

These next steps are probably the most tedious part of the entire guide. You'll only have to do it once for Requiem, but most compatibility patches will require similar steps. Getting started:

--- Allow Multiple Masters in the CK:

You should have the creation kit installed for this step. Before we begin, we need to make an edit to CreationKit.ini. So go ahead and navigate to your Skyrim Special Edition installation folder. Find CreationKit.ini. Open it, and go to the bottom of the [General] Section. Find bAllowMultipleMasterLoads and change the following 0 to a 1. So it should look like:

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

Now skim down to the [MESSAGES] section. Find "bBlockMessageBoxes" and change the following 0 to a 1. So it should look like:

bBlockMessageBoxes=1

We'll need those for later. Save and close it.

--- Changing Unofficial Patch Dependency

First, take a look at its Requiem.esp's dependencies: Aside from Skyrim.esm and the DLCs, we have Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp listed as a master. We don't have Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp, we have the special edition version. Let's fix this so that Requiem.esp points to the Special Edition patch instead.

Go ahead and navigate to your Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch installation in MO2, right click it, and hit “Open in Explorer.” Find “Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp” and rename it to “Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp.” Don't worry, we'll be changing that back later. Now untick and retick your unofficial patch installation in MO2 so it recognizes the change. Okay? Good. Next part.

Now run SSEEdit through MO2. It should prompt you with a plugin select screen. Right click anywhere in that dialogue in hit “Select None.” Now go down and tick “Requiem.esp” and hit OK. Wait for it to load.

On your left, find Requiem.esp again and hit the + symbol to expand it. Now click “File Header” directly underneath. Okay? On your right you'll see a section called “Master Files.” Scroll down until you see “Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp.” Right click that and hit "Edit." 
Now change Legendary to Special, so it says “Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp.” Hit ok. Press ctrl + s to save, and exit SSEEdit. You can now go back and rename your unofficial patch back to “Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp.” That part is over.

--- Convert In the Creation Kit

Run the Creation Kit (CK) through MO2. Wait for it to load. Now click the open icon in the top left and select Requiem.esp. Click “Set Active File.” Click “OK.” Wait for it to load. Done loading? Okay, now hit save. Close the Creation Kit. You're done.

V. Converting Optional Plugins and/or Dependent Mods

If you've enabled any of the optional plugins, such as "Requiem - Vanilla Dragonborn DLC.esp" (we'll be using this plugin as an example), you're going to have to convert them as well, but the process is a bit trickier.

They have an ESP master, Requiem.esp. Unfortunately, the Creation Kit will not keep masters unless they are esms or flagged as master files. If a dependent mod loses its master anywhere in the process, the data referencing it will be lost, so the following steps are very important. 

This same process should be used for any other plugins which use Requiem.esp (or any other esp, for that matter) as a master.

--- Esmify Masters:

First, we'll need to ESMify Requiem.esp. This is why we downloaded Wrye Smash. Go ahead and run it through MO2 and wait for it to load. Look at the plugin list and find Requiem.esp. Right click it and hit “Esmify Self.” This will flag it as a master. Go ahead and close Wrye Smash. We'll change Requiem.esp back later.

--- Convert the dependent mod
Now go ahead and run the CK through MO2. Tick Requiem - Vanilla Dragonborn DLC.esp and hit “Set as Active File.” Hit OK and wait for it to load. When it's done, hit the save icon in the top left corner. When it's done, you can exit the CK. Repeat this step for any other dependent mods.

--- Espify masters back:
Now that we're done with the CK (Woooo?) we need to remove those master flags. Open up Wrye Smash through the CK again. Right click Requiem.esp and hit “Espify Self.” Close Wrye Smash.

We're done converting the esps. You only have to do that once. Take a minute and let that thought wash over you.

Note 1: If you're using this to convert other requiem addons, check to see if they've packed their resources into BSAs. If they have, you'll have to unpack them or they'll crash.

Note 2: In case you care, esp/esmifying will put the plugins you edited into the overwrite folder of MO2 instead of their respective mod installations. If you want, you can just drag everything related to Requiem back into your Requiem installation to keep things neat. This isn't necessary, just cleaner. 

You may also really want to consider making a backup zip file of your Requiem mod installation now in case you have to do a clean install for some reason.

VI. Creating your Requiem for the Indifferent.esp.

Yep, we're on the final lap. Make sure you have all the mods you want to use for your playthrough installed in MO2, the adjust your load order. Remember, all of your requiem ESPs need to be at the bottom. Good? You already have your reqtificator in your binaries, right? Go ahead and run it. If it gives you a memory-related error, add the -REQMYMEMORY argument to it. It will also warn you about the Bug Fixes and Crash Fixes plugin. Hit "Ignore from now on." We already have SSE Engine fixes, and the rest is only applicable to Oldrim. 

Choose any options you want, and hit create patch. Let it run. When it's finished, it'll let you know. If there are other warnings, fix them and rerun the patcher. Otherwise, hit ok and you now have your Requiem for the Indifferent.esp.

To play, select SKSE in your drop-down list of executables and hit the "Run" button next to it. That's it. You're done. Go play Requiem

If you change up your mods, and have to make a new Requiem for the Indifferent, just repeat step 5.

I wrote this guide up pretty quickly. If I missed some things, let me know.  Enjoy.

...FAQ.

- Wait, why didn't we convert the Requiem for the Indifferent.esp?
It crashes the CK. There's too much data to load. Aside from some corrupted weapon critical data (which isn't used much in Requiem), it should be fine unconverted.

- Can I use any of the requiem patches alongside this?

Yes, as long as they're compatible with the version of requiem you're using, and you convert them properly. You'll have to go through the steps 2-4 in this guide, depending on whether or not the mod has animations / meshes. There are also some mods which pack their assets into BSAs. You'll have to unpack them or they'll crash. There's a more in-depth SSE conversion guide here. Navigated to "3 - Plugin and Archive" for instructions on how to deal with BSAs. Repacking is optional.

- What about installing manually?

Previous versions only worked in MO2, but the current version will now support both. Download the updated version of the reqtificator from this guide; the one on the front page is older and won't work in this instance. 

If you aren't using a mod manager (NMM, etc), you'll have to activate your mods in SSE before running the reqtificator. It's under the title menu > mods > load order. Otherwise, the reqtificator won't detect Requiem.esp. NMM will do this step for you. 

This all being said, manual installation still isn't recommended. Don't expect help troubleshooting if you go this route. 

...Troubleshooting.

- Some doors don't work?

Make sure that you downloaded Requiem Records Fix.esp and have it activated in MO2. Delete your Indifferent patch and regenerate it. 

- None of my mods show up in the Creation Kit.
Are you running the CK through MO2? Mod organizer uses a virtual library and all executables using its mods have to be run through it. Be sure you've added your executables as binaries in the preliminary steps, then select the CK in the drop-down menu on the right-hand side and hit "run."

- I CTD whenever my character ragdolls. (Draugr shouts, sabre cat attacks, etc.)

Your animation converter was not run correctly. Make sure you place it in the top of your requiem installation, and you're running the bat file, not the exe. The bat file makes the exe run in batch so it can convert all animations, as opposed to only converting a single one. 

- There's no "edit" option when I right click in SSEEdit.

You need to add in the -IKnowWhatImDoing and -AllowMasterFilesEdit arguments to SSEEdit's binary in MO2. It's under "I. Setup," near the bottom.

- My reqtificator hangs or gets stuck.

Your patcher is having issues with memory. First off, make sure you're using 64-bit java. Go to MO2's drop-down binary menu and hit "Edit." Find your reqtificator binary. Look at the binary path. Does it have Program Files (x86) in the path name? If so, you're using 32-bit java. Make sure 64-bit is installed and reroute that path to it. You should be selecting javaw.exe.

Also, adding the -REQMYMEMORY argument usually helps. In the arguments field, it should look something like this:

-jar "YOUR MO2 INSTALLATION PATH\mods\Requiem - The Roleplaying Overhaul\SkyProc Patchers\Requiem\Reqtificator.jar" -REQMYMEMORY

- "This version of the Reqtificator can automatically allocate enough memory to deal with larger modlists. Unfortunately, this procedure has just failed in your setup. Exit Status: 1"

See the question directly above this one.

- The Patcher requires the following mods, please add them to your load order: Requiem.esp?

Check to see if Requiem is activated in MO2. It should have a checkmark next to it in the left panel. If that's already the case, make sure you didn't install the new reqtificator as a separate mod in MO2. It has to go into the same installation folder as Requiem (IE. overwrite the new one with the old one. )

- "The Reqtificator needs to be located in the SkyProc Patchers\Requiem subfolder of Skyrims Data folder. Please note that missing read/write permissions for the respective folders also trigger this message."

This problem has multiple possible causes / solutions: First off, check your "Start in" field for your reqtificator binary. Make sure it's pointing to the reqtificator inside your MO2 installation, not your actual data folder. The reqtificator sometimes gives an error telling you to do otherwise. Don't follow its instructions.

Next, did you install MO2 as the portable version? If your mods are in your appdata folder, that's a good indicator that your installation is not portable. Reinstall it to be sure. You can't just select "Skyrim" as its game, you have to select Portable, then Skyrim Special Edition.

Some people still have issues with the reqtificator path. If the above doesn't work, replace everything in the "arguments" section with the following (credit to Interinactive for the following fix):

-jar Reqtificator.jar

Last, your MO2 should not be installed inside your Special Edition folder, so double check that as well.

If all of that fails, there's a guide to changing permissions here.

Changelog:

Spoiler

4/13/2019

• Updated to Requiem 3.02
  • Added extra steps to SSEEdit section to reflect changes in new xEdit versions
  • Removed references to Bugsmasher Edition
  • Revised mod dependency portion of guide for clarity

7/2/2018

• Edited the reqtificator so that it now correctly functions on manual installations as well. 

6/17/2018

• Changed Perk Apply Bug Fix link to SSE Engine fixes instead, as it's a more comprehensive fix. Thank you, Climbatiz.
  • Added troubleshooting section.
  • Changed RequiemNamesFix.esp to Requiem Records Fix.esp

6/15/2018

• Updated to 2.02. Links changed to Climbatiz' server to avoid trouble with people not logging in for downloads. 

5/8/2018

• Added a step to delete facegendata in case it doesn't properly regenerate when the ESPs are converted.

4/21/2018

• Included an edit to CreationKit.ini to disable error message prompts. Errors will still be printed to the log, but the user will no longer have to click yes a thousand times.

4/18/2018

• Added double perk bugfix to list of requirements 

4/10/2018

• Added SKSE64 to download / MO2 binary list

4/5/2018:

• Climbatiz updated RequiemNamesFix.esp, which stopped the Reqtificator from corrupting door/container records. Deleting them from the Indifferent patch is no longer required.

Requiem 2.02 Reqtificator (Manual Installation Support)

Old Requiem 2.02 Reqtificator (MO2 Support Only)

Raziara, so i noticed when working on 2.0 myself that alot of things are missing the "FULL - Name" entry that the RequiemNamesFix is suppost to fix, i haven't tried your guide yet to see if it persists, maybe you can check it out?

edit, ok

On 3/21/2018 at 2:11 PM, Climbatiz said:

Raziara, so i noticed when working on 2.0 myself that alot of things are missing the "FULL - Name" entry that the RequiemNamesFix is suppost to fix, i haven't tried your guide yet to see if it persists, maybe you can check it out?

If I use the ESP you uploaded, I don't have any FULL names missing. Without it, I know at least the Steel armors are missing their names. I didn't check any others before I added your name fix esp to my load order. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post, but I figured I'd trigger an update for anyone watching this topic. 

Climbatiz discovered a way to stop the reqtificator from corrupting the door / container records with the RequiemNamesFix.esp. Please redownload the esp in the 2.0 guide and rerun the reqtificator. Deleting the Door / Container records from Requiem for the Indifferent.esp is no longer necessary. 

Im having an issue with the Reqtificator provided by Raziara and the "requiem for the indifferent.esp". After manually selecting my plugins.text, and selecting "create patch" I get an error

"thrown Exception: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Files\PluginsListLocation.txt (The system cannot find the path specified)"

I have tried running the -reqmymemory argument and it returns the same error. I tried using MO and directly from the game folder.

Am I doing something wrong here?

13 hours ago, Tarrega said:

Hey Raziara; any news on the weapon critical data?  Do we know what is changed by the corrupted data?  New SKSE is out by the way- it's in beta.  No idea if that will change anything.

Your question prompted me to look into it - apparently critical data isn't used much in Requiem. There's a post here at the bottom by Ogreboss stating so, and I couldn't find anything in the 2.0 changelog to reverse that statement. So aside from a few perks, it won't affect a whole lot. It might be possible to fix it with a custom SSEEdit script which would copy all of the original critical data from weapon entries and transfer them to the indifferent patch. 

I don't have a whole lot of experience with SSEEdit scripts, aside from a few simple ones for myself. I might give it a shot?

8 hours ago, Ysynthos said:

Im having an issue with the Reqtificator provided by Raziara and the "requiem for the indifferent.esp". After manually selecting my plugins.text, and selecting "create patch" I get an error

I have tried running the -reqmymemory argument and it returns the same error. I tried using MO and directly from the game folder.

Am I doing something wrong here?

I've never had that error before. The -REQMYMEMORY argument only really helps when the patcher fails because it can't allocate enough memory for the process. In this case, it seems like the patcher is having trouble finding the plugin.txt file. 

The only info I could find on this specific error is due to the SkyProc native library not supporting Windows XP. Is that the OS you're running? Have you successfully run the patcher for oldrim before? 

I honestly don't have a whole lot of experience with programming. I can mostly only understand some code, and only some of the time. I'll try to help you if I can. Otherwise, I recommend making sure you've run Skyrim.exe without SKSE at least once before.

Kudos on doing this and figuring it out.  Ogerboss and crew may be such short-sighted assholes that all of them combined don't even have a quarter of the vision or creativity that Xarrian did, but damn if I don't love Requiem and would love to see a properly ported version SSE.  Might have to give this a try at some point since it's 1.9 and not the shitty 2.0 that ruined all of Xarrian's hard work. 

Ok!  Good to know, thanks for looking into it Raziara.

Hey Stncold, I get where you're coming from with your frustration but keep in mind the modders don't owe us anything.  We paid 0 for Requiem- they could have stopped a year ago if they wanted.  I think we should try to be respectful of their efforts; there aren't going to be a lot of new modders if people see them getting treated poorly.  I try to think of it as though they're creating the game they want to play and they're sharing it with others, and that's in essence what's happening, but they've even listened to feedback so I think they're a good bunch of people.

On 4/6/2018 at 3:19 PM, Raziara said:

I've never had that error before. The -REQMYMEMORY argument only really helps when the patcher fails because it can't allocate enough memory for the process. In this case, it seems like the patcher is having trouble finding the plugin.txt file. 

The only info I could find on this specific error is due to the SkyProc native library not supporting Windows XP. Is that the OS you're running? Have you successfully run the patcher for oldrim before? 

I honestly don't have a whole lot of experience with programming. I can mostly only understand some code, and only some of the time. I'll try to help you if I can. Otherwise, I recommend making sure you've run Skyrim.exe without SKSE at least once before.

Im on windows 10, Ive also ran Skyrim.exe and Skse64_loader.exe multiple times. Plus an hour or two of walking around to stress test visual mods. Ive also tried using various Reqtificator, and gotten Requiem to install on an oldrim build just fine.

In the mean time, Ive done a bit of research about the problem. I found two relevant pieces of information. One, this suggesting it was simply an error with the Reqtificators search paths. I doubt this issue is caused by having it on my G drive, since it works fine for Oldrim. The second, was a comment here, suggesting a fix. However this was from 2014, so I doubt it has much relevance.

I did just want to clarify, the Reqtificator you provided is for 2.01, correct? Id be more than happy to do this process with 1.9.4 if I can play Requiem on SSE.

8 hours ago, Ysynthos said:

Im on windows 10, Ive also ran Skyrim.exe and Skse64_loader.exe multiple times. Plus an hour or two of walking around to stress test visual mods. Ive also tried using various Reqtificator, and gotten Requiem to install on an oldrim build just fine.

In the mean time, Ive done a bit of research about the problem. I found two relevant pieces of information. One, this suggesting it was simply an error with the Reqtificators search paths. I doubt this issue is caused by having it on my G drive, since it works fine for Oldrim. The second, was a comment here, suggesting a fix. However this was from 2014, so I doubt it has much relevance.

I did just want to clarify, the Reqtificator you provided is for 2.01, correct? Id be more than happy to do this process with 1.9.4 if I can play Requiem on SSE.

That's correct, it's for 2.01. Using the 1.9.4 version most likely won't make a difference because Climbatiz and I both made the same changes. Requiem includes the SkyProc library in its jar file which hasn't changed since 2016 - that's what we had to edit because that's what didn't support SSE. It was looking for the plugin.txt file for oldrim instead.

Anyway, I have SSE installed on my D drive and I'm also running Windows 10, so I don't think that's the issue. Do you have MO2 installed on the same drive? Looking at the fix proposed, it doesn't seem like it'd be outdated if your issue is the same - that is, the patcher being unable to find the %appdata% path. I just don't know why that would be the case.

Just out of curiosity, could you look and see if you have your plugins.txt in the location the patcher is looking for it? Type %appdata% in your file explorer, go up one folder (so you should be in the appdata folder). Now click "Local," then "Skyrim Special Edition." Is your plugins.txt there? Is it on your C drive? And if you're using MO2, do you have another one under MO2 > Profiles > Default? 

This is also kind of a longshot, but do you still have Oldrim installed? I remember running into an issue when I uninstalled it.

On 4/8/2018 at 10:54 AM, Raziara said:

Do you have MO2 installed on the same drive?

Could you look and see if you have your plugins.txt in the location the patcher is looking for it? Is your plugins.txt there? Is it on your C drive?

And if you're using MO2, do you have another one under MO2 > Profiles > Default? 

This is also kind of a longshot, but do you still have Oldrim installed?

OK. So, I got the issue partially resolved, but I dont know how.

All of my game files and plugins.txt were in the correct places.

The plugins.txt existed in both MO\profiles, and local\Skyrim Special Editon. (The reqtificator didnt work with either, at that point)

MO2, and MO's associated files, were all spread out across my c\programfiles, c\appdata, and G drive.

I did find the Reqtificator debug log. I made a pastebin here. Interestingly enough. You can see that the program IS in fact going to the correct folder (lines 31-33), just not seeing the file? Weird. 

So I reinstalled MO using the portable option, so MO is in one unified folder. I also redownloaded the reqtificator as a last hail mary. After doing both of these, everything works and the indifferent.esp generates. Important to note that I still get the original error when trying to manually use the .jar via windows explorer.

Im also getting a CTD after a few minutes, but I suspect that might be due to unrelated issues and not Requiem fuckery. At this point Im gonna reinstall SSE, and start from step one just to double check everything was done correctly.

22 hours ago, Ysynthos said:

OK. So, I got the issue partially resolved, but I dont know how.

All of my game files and plugins.txt were in the correct places.

The plugins.txt existed in both MO\profiles, and local\Skyrim Special Editon. (The reqtificator didnt work with either, at that point)

MO2, and MO's associated files, were all spread out across my c\programfiles, c\appdata, and G drive.

I did find the Reqtificator debug log. I made a pastebin here. Interestingly enough. You can see that the program IS in fact going to the correct folder (lines 31-33), just not seeing the file? Weird. 

So I reinstalled MO using the portable option, so MO is in one unified folder. I also redownloaded the reqtificator as a last hail mary. After doing both of these, everything works and the indifferent.esp generates. Important to note that I still get the original error when trying to manually use the .jar via windows explorer.

Im also getting a CTD after a few minutes, but I suspect that might be due to unrelated issues and not Requiem fuckery. At this point Im gonna reinstall SSE, and start from step one just to double check everything was done correctly.

Okay, cool, that explains it somewhat. Glad you were able to figure that out. 

You can only use MO2 with SSE if you choose the portable version. Choosing "Skyrim" will only work for Oldrim. 

As for the CTDs, clean install is a good idea. Start with a minimal load order and go from there. SSE is really stable if you have everything converted properly, so I'd definitely say it's worth the hassle.

I followed the conversion guide for 2.0.1. So far, everything has been running smoothly (14 hours playtime), even though I use over 100 mods.

But now, I ran in a very weird CTD that occurs in a very specific moment. I reproduced the CTD over and over with a profile that has no mods installed but Requiem (started a new save and teleported to honningbrewmeadery02).

The CTD occurs in the honningbrew meadery basement, which I need to wisit during the thieves guild Quest. Near Hamelyn, the skeever mage, I get an CTD. I run to him and then, the game crashes. There are some other actions that will provoke a CTD in this cell:

- killing an enemy near Hamelyn

- opening menu near Hamelyn

- loading into a save near Hamelyn

Typically, the CTD occurs with some delay, i.e. I can walk to hamelyn before the CTD happens. But if I do one of the above actions, the CTD happens immediatly. It only happens if I am near hamelyn, not in the entire cell, with one exceptions: If I use "killall" in the console from anywhere within the cell, the game crashes.

I think the problem lies within the requiem.esp or its scripts, because I even tried to deactivate bugsmasher and indifferent.esp. Of course, without those Requiem won't even start, the game goes back into the main menu if I load a save without indifferend and bugsmasher. But I created a save near Hamelyn and then disabled the two plugins. Loading the save still results into an immediate CTD, whereas I would expect to at least load the save for a small time before the warning of requiem shows up and I go back into the main menu.

I even tried to find something with SSEEdit which is related to hamelyn or the honningbrewmeadery02 cell, but I didn't find anything obvious.

I know this a a very specific problem, but did someone have a  similar problem? Any ideas?

I could probably evade the situation by using tcl to go directly to the end of the cell, where the quest objective is. But since I don't know if this is a bug which could reappear in different scenarios, I thought to better ask here.

Well, I already found a way to "solve" the problem, without affecting the quest: The CTD is indeed tied to the NPC hamelyn. Opening the console from a safe distance (too close to hamelyn and opening the console provokes a CTD as well), prid 0010A050 and disable in order to disable him solves the problem, no more CTD.

I just that I am afraid there might be more a the core of this. I can't find any direct changes to hamelyn in SSEEdit, so I suppose whatever is a the cause, it only indirectly affects hamelyn via Items, Perks or something like that? I just fear that something similar might happen with other NPCs too, so I tried to find the problem itself, but failed.

Well, can't be helped for now. I just thought it might be useful to post it here. In case someone has a similar problem, maybe with other NPCs too.

But first it might be good to know if others have the same problem. So, if someone have the time, would be cool to type "coc honningbrewmeadery02" and walk a bit, it spawns you close to hamelyn.

It is not important for now, I will disable him, but I would like to know if this is a general problem.

4 hours ago, Malaktus said:

Well, I already found a way to "solve" the problem, without affecting the quest: The CTD is indeed tied to the NPC hamelyn. Opening the console from a safe distance (too close to hamelyn and opening the console provokes a CTD as well), prid 0010A050 and disable in order to disable him solves the problem, no more CTD.

I just that I am afraid there might be more a the core of this. I can't find any direct changes to hamelyn in SSEEdit, so I suppose whatever is a the cause, it only indirectly affects hamelyn via Items, Perks or something like that? I just fear that something similar might happen with other NPCs too, so I tried to find the problem itself, but failed.

Well, can't be helped for now. I just thought it might be useful to post it here. In case someone has a similar problem, maybe with other NPCs too.

But first it might be good to know if others have the same problem. So, if someone have the time, would be cool to type "coc honningbrewmeadery02" and walk a bit, it spawns you close to hamelyn.

It is not important for now, I will disable him, but I would like to know if this is a general problem.

I can't reproduce that CTD on my end. I tried all of the actions you listed. It has to be something on your end, but I'm not sure what that would be.

Considering you tried the same thing on a new save with no other mods active, the only thing I can think of is maybe his facegen data that was exported when you resaved Requiem in the CK? If you want to try deleting that, his file is under "meshes\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Skyrim.esm" in your MO2 Requiem install. The file name is "0010A04C.NIF". Make sure to back it up in case it doesn't end up making a difference. I'm pretty sure this will give him a black face bug, but you can resave the Requiem.esp to regenerate it. 

Also, try using pridid on him and entering "showinventory" in the console. Do any of his items have a bad editor id? It will say so if they do.

In any case, it doesn't seem to be a general problem. I don't think you have to worry about it too much unless it's recurring. 

Followed the guide for installing v2.01 and have this error message when trying to run the rectificator.jar file:

The Reqtificator needs to be located in the SkyProc Patchers\Requiem subfolder of Skyrims Data folder. Please note that missing read/write permissions for the respective folders also trigger this message.

Nexus Mod Manager: You should start the Reqtificator in the SkyProc Patchers/Requiem subfolder of your Skyrim-Data folder. This folder (including the Reqtificator.jar) will be present after installing Requiem normally via NMM.

Mod Organizer: Please check that the Start In argument of the executable you defined in MO points to SkyProc Patchers\Requiem folder in your Skyrim-Data folder, not the one in the folder where Mod Organizer unpacked Requiem.

I do not have anything installed in Program files, all is on my C: Drive.  I am stumped. MO2 does not create anything in the Skyrim SSE Data folders as it uses its own virtual system.

Any idea where I am meant to find the Skyproc patchers folder outside of the one created in my MO2 mods directory?

Thanks

On 4/14/2018 at 5:51 PM, TheLegg said:

Followed the guide for installing v2.01 and have this error message when trying to run the rectificator.jar file:

The Reqtificator needs to be located in the SkyProc Patchers\Requiem subfolder of Skyrims Data folder. Please note that missing read/write permissions for the respective folders also trigger this message.

Nexus Mod Manager: You should start the Reqtificator in the SkyProc Patchers/Requiem subfolder of your Skyrim-Data folder. This folder (including the Reqtificator.jar) will be present after installing Requiem normally via NMM.

Mod Organizer: Please check that the Start In argument of the executable you defined in MO points to SkyProc Patchers\Requiem folder in your Skyrim-Data folder, not the one in the folder where Mod Organizer unpacked Requiem.

I do not have anything installed in Program files, all is on my C: Drive.  I am stumped. MO2 does not create anything in the Skyrim SSE Data folders as it uses its own virtual system.

Any idea where I am meant to find the Skyproc patchers folder outside of the one created in my MO2 mods directory?

Thanks

Could be a few things:

Make sure your Requiem installation is all together. Don't install the converted Reqtificator into a new mod - it has to go into the same one as Requiem. Overwrite the old Reqtificator. 

Also, in the Reqtificator binary settings, make sure the "Start in" field is pointing to the Reqtificator in your MO2 installation. I know that's directly contrary to the error prompt, but that's the only way I've ever been able to use it. 

Your MO2 installation shouldn't be in your Skyrim Special Edition folder, either. Make sure it's installed outside of it. 

If that doesn't work, or if you've already done that, you could still try the permissions fix. Requiem has a guide for that: Here

The CTD with certain NPCs I fix by deleting their record in Requiem.esp and carrying over vanilla record to requiem for the indifferent.esp.  So far the NPCs causing the problem are the wizard in Huningbrew meadery caves and the Boss at end of White River Watch.  I suspect is is some item or script causing it to CTD.

Hitting the Open button in Creation Kit does not bring up any of my mods, so I cannot select Requiem.esp.
I don't know what to do, please help. Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I had to manually drag the files out from Mod Organizer's mods folder and move them into Data.