state of HDT now

gtcard

5 minutes ago, imacarl said:

depended on what version of SMP you were using. I think some versions ran on 1.2, others on 2.0. AMD on GCN hardware has had it since the RX200 series (2013). Nvidia had adopted it during the 1XXX series (2016). Since AMD had hardware that had it compliant much longer, it made sense that more amd users were capable of using the tech

Ah yeah it was the 2.0. I have an older card (GTX 960) and was going to wait until I eventually upgrade again before I got into SMP. It ran really slow on my setup because it was using the chipset (I think?) so I decided to just stick with HDT. I'm not very technically savvy when it comes to this stuff so I might be getting it wrong lol.

I wanted to understand exactly why PE is dead?

MS purchased Havok, yes, but prior to that they released the SDK's for Havok x86 2012.1.0 and Havok x64 2010.2.0.

Hydrogen's source code for HDT PE is still out there.  

Is it purely a legal thing or is the 64 bit SDT 2010 to old a version to integrate to Skyrim SE?

On 14.2.2018 at 8:29 AM, Lady Horus said:

Ah yeah it was the 2.0. I have an older card (GTX 960) and was going to wait until I eventually upgrade again before I got into SMP. It ran really slow on my setup because it was using the chipset (I think?) so I decided to just stick with HDT. I'm not very technically savvy when it comes to this stuff so I might be getting it wrong lol.

Smp worked on my i7 960/gtx760 setup lol

58 minutes ago, yountmg said:

MS purchased Havok, yes, but prior to that they released the SDK's for Havok x86 2012.1.0 and Havok x64 2010.2.0.

Is it purely a legal thing or is the 64 bit SDT 2010 to old a version to integrate to Skyrim SE?

Find the offsets for the havok version used in sse and your good to go. You could blindpick until you find the right ones x)

Also pe is dead because 1) suffers from unfixable bugs 2) if you know how pe works you find out its kind of magic workaround and not the final solution to softbody physic simulation 3) havok requires license bullet does not.

1 hour ago, 27X said:

I'm sure M$ would be delighted after spending 300 million dollars in "progressive political marketing" (do notice quotation marks) to know their API is being used for sexual intercourse.

Money well spent.

2 hours ago, yountmg said:

PE is like trying to whittle with a chainsaw or sculpt marble with a sledge pickaxe. It's possible to get great results after a lot of extra effort and failure but it'll never compare whittling or sculpting with a more precise tool and the same effort/skill applied. That said, I wouldn't say PE is dead, just not preferable when other tools are available. Whatever good compiled physics library is used for SSE, post CBP, will be the new go to for progressive political marketing.

9 hours ago, MotoMiri said:

Money well spent.

PE is like trying to whittle with a chainsaw or sculpt marble with a sledge pickaxe. It's possible to get great results after a lot of extra effort and failure but it'll never compare whittling or sculpting with a more precise tool and the same effort/skill applied. That said, I wouldn't say PE is dead, just not preferable when other tools are available. Whatever good compiled physics library is used for SSE, post CBP, will be the new go to for progressive political marketing.

Havok can give great results if properly implemented.

https://www.havok.com/cloth/

The way its implemented in Skyrim(for objects and woaah, signs!!) is just not shaped for it.

Pe works around this limitation to handle softbodyphysics with fake objects that are influenced by Internal havok

If Bethesda had implemented something like actual cloth physics to their games the results would be indeed much better.

I guess (hope) that they will get up their lazy asses and present something more in-the-time in es6.

I am using Skyrim LE now with AIOV fully functional.

note: the 1st save game loaded, must be nude, otherwise only T&A will work?

note: exhaustively tested, minimal plugins, new saves. Suspect Havok outfit mismatch.

I hoping to switch over to Skyrim SSE, unless you think its a complete waste of time?

I have SKSE 64. SkyUI SE, Papyrus SE, FNIS SE, XPMS SE, Body Slide x64 and a Racemenu patch up.

I have various SE profiles, one has CMP and one has HDT SMP. 

I was wanting to do AIOV on Skyrim SE, ambitious I know.

I noticed Body Slide changed to Body Physics?

Will HDT SMP do it?

Should I try to recompile Hydrogen's HDT PE source and the possible 64 bit Havok SDK 2010 using Visual C++ 2003? 

I suspect that since HDT PE SE is not out there; it wouldn't work, nobody posted about trying to make a HDT PE SE?

I always hate using exe installers from free sites cause they also package virsuses, spyware, malware, trojans, etc.

I would also have to install Visual Studio 2003 on my Windows 10 machine.

So can I get AIOV working on Skyrim SE some how?  CMP, HDT SMP, recompile hdt pe?

Thanks  

11 hours ago, prZ said:

Havok can give great results if properly implemented.

https://www.havok.com/cloth/

The way its implemented in Skyrim(for objects and woaah, signs!!) is just not shaped for it.

Pe works around this limitation to handle softbodyphysics with fake objects that are influenced by Internal havok

If Bethesda had implemented something like actual cloth physics to their games the results would be indeed much better.

I guess (hope) that they will get up their lazy asses and present something more in-the-time in es6.

Yea, I think they will. Word is, Bethesda is hiring again. It used to be a good 'ol boys club. I guess they realized their club doesn't know too much about modern 3d implementations.

I will Release another aio but I feel like waiting for the plugin to be more consistent, meaning no updates that destroy the behavior of the Xmls and maybe hairs/weapons support

Its a lot of work to do a plugin, only to have that work invalidated.

Thanks for the great work. 

Microsoft finally uncapped the DX9 VRAM limitation in the "Windows 10 2017 Fall Creator's Update", but it still affects Windows 8/8.1 users.  I was surprised.  

• 9 months later...

Smp is way to hard . In less you can make a game by scratch do not use it will break your computer if you do it rong. It's Chinese  not American.  So don't trust it . For me it's old rim I won't fault any one who gets sucked into the great smp but I won't use it. As for the best one it's simple the easy to use plug and play will all ways be better no matter the smack talk . Ps if smp ever wants to be the one used make it plug and play or forget about it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2018 at 10:10 AM, shaidien said:

Smp is way to hard . In less you can make a game by scratch do not use it will break your computer if you do it rong. It's Chinese  not American.  So don't trust it . For me it's old rim I won't fault any one who gets sucked into the great smp but I won't use it. As for the best one it's simple the easy to use plug and play will all ways be better no matter the smack talk . Ps if smp ever wants to be the one used make it plug and play or forget about it. 

Time has proven that 99% of this post is absolute bullshit. 1% right is "for me it's oldrim"

actually to be fair there isn't a lot of tutorials on how to rig hdt-pe either. i would assume that if you're trying to rig anything you're trying to do it with clothing instead of bodies, since fully working bodies are already available in both smp and hdt-pe. there are guides on how to rig a body with smp or hdt-pe, multiple guides even. but they're all teaching you to do something that is already readily available as an AIO download. if all you want is bbb support with jiggly breasts and butts on clothing and collisions on vagina, then there's really no reason to switch over to smp. that is really basic stuff that hdt-pe is more than adequate for. really no need to reinvent the wheel for yourself when you already have working meshes. smp is more suited for if you want to see skirts realistically bounce off those butts and flutter around as you move.

something along the lines of these videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGTeFw2gbxkZh-3OgL7m-Sg/videos

hard to find guides on how to make clothes do that, unfortunately. i'm starting to wonder if it's because of the nature of the forum here, the need for smp collisions on clothing is stymied by the assumption that you'd likely have your clothes off during a scene anyway. the way i see it, if you're not hoping to achieve the results in those videos with smp, then you're not really asking for enough from the physics system to warrant a switch to smp from hdt-pe. strictly speaking, hdt-pe doesn't spaz out unless you are using poor implementations of it on clothing meshes. the problem here is there are far more people doing hdt-pe wrong than smp. there's practically just 1 guy's smp clothing floating around out there, and he knows his stuff. that drastically skews the perception of one being more stable than the other. 

The main problem of HDT now, is that most people could not get into developing them legally, even they if do get Havoc 64x, no matter if it was illegally or not, but only china has a user base large enough to get a community starting up for active development.

The last pffline crack of Havoc64x was leak out in march, as far as I know.

So you guess why was there chinese site pumping out new toys in the last few month, this is why.

Archived