SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

21 minutes ago, jimmywon34 said:

how stable is this right now for a playthrough? what else needs to be worked out on it to make it a full release?

I've been using it for about a month and a half and it's been pretty stable.  I must say though I am not using the current beta I am using the previous version, since I did not allow Steam to update SSE.  But the mod works great.

5 hours ago, Kain82 said:

I've been using it for about a month and a half and it's been pretty stable.  I must say though I am not using the current beta I am using the previous version, since I did not allow Steam to update SSE.  But the mod works great.

So far I think updating is not a good  idea. It seems like it was a lot more stable before as you say.

5 minutes ago, cminnow said:

So far I think updating is not a good  idea. It seems like it was a lot more stable before as you say.

It has been stable since the initial release, instabilities only come from the other mods that might not have been updated to the last Skyrim Runtime/SKSE version or other things that some ppl do to their installation.  

5 hours ago, Kain82 said:

which version? and will an old version work with the latest skse?

9 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

It has been stable since the initial release, instabilities only come from the other mods that might not have been updated to the last Skyrim Runtime/SKSE version or other things that some ppl do to their installation.  

Well there's your problem. These mod's don't get updated nearly as often as more mainstream mods which just compounds installation mistakes....

7 minutes ago, jimmywon34 said:

which version? and will an old version work with the latest skse?

I think SKSE 2.0.9 is a pretty good choice if you're rolling back.

3 minutes ago, cminnow said:

Well there's your problem. These mod's don't get updated nearly as often as more mainstream mods which just compounds installation mistakes....

I think SKSE 2.0.9 is a pretty good choice if you're rolling back. 

I can't roll back at this point, I just reinstalled SSE not too long ago to try modding it again so I have the latest game version from steam.

2 minutes ago, jimmywon34 said:

I can't roll back at this point, I just reinstalled SSE not too long ago to try modding it again so I have the latest game version from steam.

Oh.... well, I don't think you have much of a choice then. Just install it, it works almost as reliably as Osa/ex.

40 minutes ago, jimmywon34 said:

so mods that require sexlab se and haven't been updated to the latest skse se and latest sexlab se can become buggy?

No, it really depends on the mod as some require updates, some don't, and there are bugs that never will be fixed before TES6 comes out... Just do a test run and see if the current problems and bugs are too much for you. If what you want is someone to tell you whether or not to use these mods in a 200+ hour game, then the answer is no. I'd suggest only enabling these mods for fun experiments but play without them for the long run.

On 12/26/2018 at 7:29 PM, EclypseMagala said:

“It” is sex labs itself. When the game loads a pop up states that this version of sex labs requires skse64 version 2.11. But I have version 2.12 and have it running properly as far as I know. 

Then you must be running SexLab Beta 4 instead of the new Beta 5 for SSE 1.5.62 and SKSE 2.0.12.

On 12/27/2018 at 1:56 PM, cminnow said:

No, it really depends on the mod as some require updates, some don't, and there are bugs that never will be fixed before TES6 comes out... Just do a test run and see if the current problems and bugs are too much for you. If what you want is someone to tell you whether or not to use these mods in a 200+ hour game, then the answer is no. I'd suggest only enabling these mods for fun experiments but play without them for the long run.

btw is there a mod that backs up your exe's like there is for fallout 4, in case another update comes (and I need to launch the exe to change some settings) ?

or what do I need to backup if I do it manually?

just the SkyrimSE.exe and the SkyrimSELauncher.exe ?

2 hours ago, grecianurn said:

What penis mods work with the current version? I can't get SoS to work to save my life, and no one on the SoS board has anything to say. T-T

SoS "works a treat" (as our British brethren and sistren would say) with SexLab 1.63 Beta x as well as with Flower Girls, although there are no schlong controls with FG like there are with SL for some reason, not sure why- I thought the PgUp/PgDn schlong hotkeys were a feature of SoS and should therefore work with ANY sex mod, but I was obviously mistaken about that.

I'll bet if you were to post some details of your issue with SoS Full instead of "can't get it to work" someone here would be glad to help you troubleshoot it.

1 hour ago, jimmywon34 said:

btw is there a mod that backs up your exe's like there is for fallout 4, in case another update comes (and I need to launch the exe to change some settings) ?

or what do I need to backup if I do it manually?

just the SkyrimSE.exe and the SkyrimSELauncher.exe ?

Firstly, Bethesda's abusive Sales & Marketing Spam (misnomered "updates") involve many more files than just the executable, including Shaders and the ini's in My Documents, so if you're only backing up the game and launcher executables you may be in for a nasty surprise the first time you try to revert from your backup. A much better plan is to block Bethesda updates so you can wait to let Steam update your game until SKSE64 and your other dll-based and/or SKSE-version-dependent mods have been updated. So to be safe, you should back up your entire SSE folder and your Users\Angie\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition folder (if your name is Angie- if not, insert your actual name instead) as well.

Secondly, here is the information you asked for.

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

SoS "works a treat" (as our British brethren and sistren would say) with SexLab 1.63 Beta x as well as with Flower Girls, although there are no schlong controls with FG like there are with SL for some reason, not sure why- I thought the PgUp/PgDn schlong hotkeys were a feature of SoS and should therefore work with ANY sex mod, but I was obviously mistaken about that.

I'll bet if you were to post some details of your issue with SoS Full instead of "can't get it to work" someone here would be glad to help you troubleshoot it.

Thanks.

So, I've uninstalled SexLab just to see if SoS would work without it present. With SL installed my game does not recognize that SoS is installed. With SL gone it recognizes SoS and I can see that the male skin texture has changed. However, the game keeps crashing whenever I go to remove clothes. I've tried moving SoS up and down the load order when I had SL installed, but that did not do anything. Overall, it's like like SoS isn't even installed when I have SL active.

I use Vortex.

Thank you.

37 minutes ago, grecianurn said:

Thanks.

So, I've uninstalled SexLab just to see if SoS would work without it present. With SL installed my game does not recognize that SoS is installed. With SL gone it recognizes SoS and I can see that the male skin texture has changed. However, the game keeps crashing whenever I go to remove clothes. I've tried moving SoS up and down the load order when I had SL installed, but that did not do anything. Overall, it's like like SoS isn't even installed when I have SL active.

I use Vortex.

Thank you.

Yeah, I think all full SoS needs is SKSE and maybe XPMSSE. It shouldn't ever crash your game but I don't use vortex so who knows... I use SOS lite still because its simple and works but I don't think anyone updates it anymore.

9 minutes ago, cminnow said:

Yeah, I think all full SoS needs is SKSE and maybe XPMSSE. It shouldn't ever crash your game but I don't use vortex so who knows... I use SOS lite still because its simple and works but I don't think anyone updates it anymore.

Thank you for your reply! :)

After uninstalling everything related to SoS and SL. I installed SoS full first and then SL, and it still says SoS is there. However, the game still crashes as soon as I try to strip my character.

3 minutes ago, grecianurn said:

After uninstalling everything related to SoS and SL. I installed SoS full first and then SL, and it still says SoS is there. However, the game still crashes as soon as I try to strip my character.

It's also crashing when I get in bed to start the alternate start and it's never done that before.

2 hours ago, grecianurn said:

It's also crashing when I get in bed to start the alternate start and it's never done that before.

Yeah, SL is unstable but it's not THAT unstable. You must have some incorrect versions floating around. Make sure the SL and SOS don't overwrite papyrus, Jcontainers, or anything important....

5 hours ago, pburnt said:

You wut?

Well, you could hardly have "brethren" in the language without also having its counterpart "sistren" in the language too, right? I'm just helping poor old Merriam out with the obvious oversight.

Besides, I allow myself the liberty of inventing new words from time to time. Before "sistren," my most popular invention was "scroonch" as in "Hey, Big Daddy, why don't you just scroonch on down here next to me on the couch and let's see what catches on fire if we rub ourselves together." :classic_tongue:

3 hours ago, grecianurn said:

CTD on stripping is almost always a body replacer or skeleton issue. To use SL you should have male and female nude body replacers and XPMSSE skeleton. SoS ships with its own skeleton, which is why it's advised to always install it before XPMSSE and then let XPMSSE overwrite SoS's skeleton. How you would manage that in Vortex, I can't help you with because I don't use it. Yet.

There are two versions of Sos: SoS Light, which is incompatible with SexLab 1.63 Beta x, and SoS-SE, which is the full version. I know you said you're running SoS Full, but you wouldn't be the first to slip up on that little issue so please reverify that you are using the full version. I would go find the mod pages and link them for you but the LoversLab search function just doesn't work so I can't help you find them.

You should also make sure you have run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe after installing SL and/or XPMSSE.

Finally, what "says that (SoS) is there?" The game normally isn't particularly verbose about what mods it finds or doesn't find- you only know that when (whatever mod it is) succeeds or fails in-game. There's no email that says "Hey looky what I found! Mod1, Mod2, Mod3..." So what are you seeing that tells you what mods the game has found?

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

Well, you could hardly have "brethren" in the language without also having its counterpart "sistren" in the language too, right? I'm just helping poor old Merriam out with the obvious oversight.

Besides, I allow myself the liberty of inventing new words from time to time. Before "sistren," my most popular invention was "scroonch" as in "Hey, Big Daddy, why don't you just scroonch on down here next to me on the couch and let's see what catches on fire if we rub ourselves together." :classic_tongue:

Lol. A cistern is a reservoir thingy so it kinda makes sense. Goof. :)