SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

3 hours ago, Darsie said:

I've a recurring problem with sexlab sex indoors. Whenever we make use of a bed, wherever it may be, it can no longer be used for sleeping in. 

Which is a hell of a problem in a player house and an inn which have only one bed to sleep in. Dropping down a bedroll every time thereafter is what I'm left with. 

Is there a patch to solve this problem? 

Happens when another mod is overwriting some SexLab script file with a wrong version or when the SexLab is having issues with the Expressions for a Skyrim bug on SE.

Recommendations:

1. Check the Mods, Tweak's, Patches and Fixes that have files in common or conflict with the SexLab Framework and make sure that are specifically made for your version of SexLab because they are made for only one version of SexLab.

2. If you are on SE, make sure of install the Display Tweak's and enable it fix for the expression function. SE comes with a well known bug on the scripts function to set the mood, that return errors when you try to set the one of the anger mood.

Any small error on the scripts can become in some unpredicted issue not even related.

Edited by OsmelMC
On 11/8/2021 at 11:39 AM, Hatoc123 said:

If you find out what was causing your issue at all please share so that I can check whether its the same with me thanks

Hatoc

ps: I feel thankful that I'm not the only person with this issue

Sorry for bringing up such an old post (2021 was over 2 years ago??).

But did you ever find a solution? I got the same thing happening to me, when pressing the "Clean System" button. After its all finished cleaning and the message saying "Sexlab is ready" about 5-9 seconds later the game immediately crashes and the crash log brings up PapyrusUtil.dll

Hello. I'm having an issue that seems to resist my googling attempts. SE + SL 1.63, fresh install. The issue itself: sex diary doesn't track stats, and therefore skills don't progress. Neither sex from quest, nor from spell, nor non-consensual, none of those count. Originally encountered it on a somewhat loaded setup with 70+ mods, but reproduced it on a barebone install with only SL and prerequisites, after doing most of the usual troubleshooting. Does anyone have any idea what this could be about?

An adjacent, not sure if related, issue is that on the fully modded profile, any sex scene bumps all three counters (oral/anal/vaginal) increment at once. A barebone install works fine, however, so this is some sort of mod conflict, which I'd also like to resolve, but seems less gamebreaking. This full profile includes SL Fame 0.99, SLA 0.29, SLSO, SLHH, baka defeat, Radiant P-G of 6.1.8 stable (7.0.4 beta doesn't work either). Guess I can try ticking them on one by one, to pinpoint which one's that, but it's a lot of work.

13 hours ago, Redguard Joe said:

Hello. I'm having an issue that seems to resist my googling attempts. SE + SL 1.63, fresh install. The issue itself: sex diary doesn't track stats, and therefore skills don't progress. Neither sex from quest, nor from spell, nor non-consensual, none of those count. Originally encountered it on a somewhat loaded setup with 70+ mods, but reproduced it on a barebone install with only SL and prerequisites, after doing most of the usual troubleshooting. Does anyone have any idea what this could be about?

An adjacent, not sure if related, issue is that on the fully modded profile, any sex scene bumps all three counters (oral/anal/vaginal) increment at once. A barebone install works fine, however, so this is some sort of mod conflict, which I'd also like to resolve, but seems less gamebreaking. This full profile includes SL Fame 0.99, SLA 0.29, SLSO, SLHH, baka defeat, Radiant P-G of 6.1.8 stable (7.0.4 beta doesn't work either). Guess I can try ticking them on one by one, to pinpoint which one's that, but it's a lot of work.

The first thing to do is make sure that nothing is overwriting the SexLab files. Some Mods, patches, tweak's and fixes overwrite the SexLab scripts files but those files usually are just for one specific version of SexLab Framework and will cause errors on another version of SexLab.

Remove those Mods, tweak's, Patches and Fixes and check if they have a version for your version of SexLab Framework. If the Mod don't have one compatible version is almost sure that you don't need it anymore.

You can try with my SexLab Utility Plus 

15 hours ago, Nohrin said:

But did you ever find a solution? I got the same thing happening to me, when pressing the "Clean System" button. After its all finished cleaning and the message saying "Sexlab is ready" about 5-9 seconds later the game immediately crashes and the crash log brings up PapyrusUtil.dll

You can try installing my SexLab Utility Plus but first make sure of have installed all the versions of NetFrameworks and Microsoft C redistributable 

6 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

The first thing to do is make sure that nothing is overwriting the SexLab files. Some Mods, patches, tweak's and fixes overwrite the SexLab scripts files but those files usually are just for one specific version of SexLab Framework and will cause errors on another version of SexLab.

Remove those Mods, tweak's, Patches and Fixes and check if they have a version for your version of SexLab Framework. If the Mod don't have one compatible version is almost sure that you don't need it anymore.

Unfortunately, like I said, the first issue repoduces even on the most basic setup with nothing but SL + its prerequisites + matchmaker.

I keep getting an error saying "Outdated or missing SexLabutil SKSE plugin detected".

I have SKSE 2.2.3, SexLab 1.6.3, and the dll file it wants is definitely in the right place.

I notice it's telling me to look in the Skyrim data folder though, not the Skyrim Special data folder. I don't know if that's normal or not.

3 hours ago, Vanthrys said:

I keep getting an error saying "Outdated or missing SexLabutil SKSE plugin detected".

I have SKSE 2.2.3, SexLab 1.6.3, and the dll file it wants is definitely in the right place.

I notice it's telling me to look in the Skyrim data folder though, not the Skyrim Special data folder. I don't know if that's normal or not.

What version of Skyrim are you running? You have a skse for either SSE 1.6.640 (from Steam) or SSE 1.6.659 (from GOG) and Sexlab for SSE 1.5.97.

Check the version of your game and then make sure your mods and their dependencies are for that version.

On 6/28/2023 at 11:21 PM, Nohrin said:

Hoo boy that thread that nearly made me tear my hair out.

Right the best advise I'm afraid is the painfull advise

that includes doing a full rebuild deleting everything that was there and starting again from scratch and slowly reinstall everthing through your mod loader.

Making sure that everything is in the right order and that everything is up to date including all the little little requirements.

I still having crashing issues now but that seems to be something I've messed up skeleton wise.

If you dont want to do this and I dont blame you for not wanting to do this disable mods until its only sexlab its requirements paprus and sexlab utility mod 2 and try again to see whether you get the same issue.

Best of luck Patience is always the key(reinstalling it may not fix the issue since I had reinstalled it before and got the same error sexlab utility may be colliding with a old version or a mod like it)

Modding Is Oh So So Fun! ?

Edited by Hatoc123
6 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

What version of Skyrim are you running? You have a skse for either SSE 1.6.640 (from Steam) or SSE 1.6.659 (from GOG) and Sexlab for SSE 1.5.97.

Check the version of your game and then make sure your mods and their dependencies are for that version.

I have the steam version, and when I went on the SKSE site it said to use the AE version "unless you know what you're doing", which I usually don't to be honest.
As far as I know, every mod I have is up to date for my version, and I've tried having literally only Sexlab (and its dependencies) and Live Another Life (and its dependencies).

3 hours ago, Vanthrys said:

I have the steam version, and when I went on the SKSE site it said to use the AE version "unless you know what you're doing", which I usually don't to be honest.
As far as I know, every mod I have is up to date for my version, and I've tried having literally only Sexlab (and its dependencies) and Live Another Life (and its dependencies).

The SexLab v1.63 is for the SKSE 2.0.20 or lesser.

If you have SKSE 2.2.3 is because you are playing on Skyrim AE and you need the last version of SexLab that is the SexLabFrameworkAE_v165.7z  that is the one for Steam.

Edited by OsmelMC
7 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

The SexLab v1.63 is for the SKSE 2.0.20 or lesser.

If you have SKSE 2.2.3 is because you are playing on Skyrim AE and you need the last version of SexLab that is the SexLabFrameworkAE_v165.7z  that is the one for Steam.

I think I see my confusion then; on the SexLab page it directly says "Requires SKSE 2.2.2 or newer", so I now presume that that's for the AE version. I have the SE version, and there was no clarification.

I'll try that shortly, thank you.

Unfortunately I am still stuck. Using the "SE" version of SKSE claims that I've upgraded to the AE version of Skyrim, when I haven't. This prevents me from launching the game entirely.
Attempting to run the 1.6.5 version of SexLab with my 2.2.2 SKSE results in a warning that two files are incompatible, being the SexLabUtil and PapyrusUtil dll files, but continuing results in no change from my other attempts; claiming the SexLabUtil file is outdated or doesn't exist.

@Vanthrys Just to make sure we're all on the same page and not talking at cross purposes, go to your game directory (...Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition) and find SkyrimSE.exe. Right-click on it and select 'Properties'. Go to the Details tab and look for the file version. Let us know what it says, then we can help you better.

Somehow every sex scene seems to port me to some weird room I have never seen with a weird collection of 5-6 identical npc in bad fitting thongs, one of the npc from the actual location and a dead sabercat. I have gotten ported to the giant camp before but this is new. When the scene ends and I can leave I am standing by the ruined shack between Windhelm and the working lumber mill downstream. I am not using mods I havent used many times before so I am lost as to what is triggering this port or where this room even comes from. Anyone?

23 minutes ago, Vuulgar said:

Somehow every sex scene seems to port me to some weird room I have never seen with a weird collection of 5-6 identical npc in bad fitting thongs, one of the npc from the actual location and a dead sabercat. I have gotten ported to the giant camp before but this is new. When the scene ends and I can leave I am standing by the ruined shack between Windhelm and the working lumber mill downstream. I am not using mods I havent used many times before so I am lost as to what is triggering this port or where this room even comes from. Anyone?

That's definitely some Mod abducting you as part of some quest or curse you don't see before.

You probably will need the mod "More Informative Console" to track it down.

Open the console and click over some wall, furniture or object of the room. The console will show you some info of the selected object and you can use the Tab key or the shift key to explore the info on the panel until you can see the info of the location that will show you the name of the Mod.

6 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

@Vanthrys Just to make sure we're all on the same page and not talking at cross purposes, go to your game directory (...Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition) and find SkyrimSE.exe. Right-click on it and select 'Properties'. Go to the Details tab and look for the file version. Let us know what it says, then we can help you better.

I apologise for being difficult, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

Version is 1.6.640.

10 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

That's definitely some Mod abducting you as part of some quest or curse you don't see before.

You probably will need the mod "More Informative Console" to track it down.

Open the console and click over some wall, furniture or object of the room. The console will show you some info of the selected object and you can use the Tab key or the shift key to explore the info on the panel until you can see the info of the location that will show you the name of the Mod.

I have no idea but it sent my character there for every sex scene very much like the port to the giant camp, scene starters like Eager NPC. Since it reminded me of the giant thing I just reset Sexlab and redid all the settings and it seems fixed. The room is very weird though lol, it also has a ghost in it and a few pieces of furniture and I swear I am not making it up lol. I have the More Console mod but I was confused by the whole scene I didnt think of it even though I have used it like that before. Wish I would have thought of it though as I really want to know where that comes from. Thanks for your time, I appreciate it.

7 hours ago, Vanthrys said:

I apologise for being difficult, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

Version is 1.6.640.

No problem. With all the different versions it can be confusing. If you're still having problems ...

I have the same version of Skyrim and use Vortex as my mod manager. I have

• skse 2.2.3, Steam version - gotta be careful because the GOG version has the same version number
  • SexLabFrameworkAE_v165.7z
  • Address Library for SKSE Plugins - All in one (Anniversary Edition) v. 8
  • SkyUI SE 5.2
  • FNIS SE 7.6 XXL (for a lot of animations, otherwise the regular FNIS SE 7.6)
  • XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended - XPMSSE v. 4.81 - you may have a different skeleton mod, I've always used this one
  • RaceMenu - RaceMenu Anniversary Edition v0-4-19-14

It's up to you, but you might want to uninstall everything and give yourself a clean slate before trying again - less chance of another mod interfering. If you also use Vortex, hit Deploy mods. (I don't know MO2, so can only tell you steps from a Vortex perspective. ) Then install only these mods listed above, 'Deploy', and open FNIS. Make sure you check the 3rd item, the "Skeleton arm fix" patch, before you run FNIS.

If you don't have anything overwriting Sexlab, you should be good.

Now you can install your other mods. Deploy, run FNIS again, and if you run into FNIS issues now, at least you'll know you have a mod conflict and can start tracking that down.

Deploy again, and what I like to do (probably not necessary but I do it anyway) is go to the plugins tab and click 'Sort now' before I start playing.

If after just the minimum install you still have problems, then copy all the text in the FNIS dialog box (not just the warning) and paste it behind spoiler tags.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

No problem. With all the different versions it can be confusing. If you're still having problems ...

I have the same version of Skyrim and use Vortex as my mod manager. I have

• skse 2.2.3, Steam version - gotta be careful because the GOG version has the same version number
  • SexLabFrameworkAE_v165.7z
  • Address Library for SKSE Plugins - All in one (Anniversary Edition) v. 8
  • SkyUI SE 5.2
  • FNIS SE 7.6 XXL (for a lot of animations, otherwise the regular FNIS SE 7.6)
  • XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended - XPMSSE v. 4.81 - you may have a different skeleton mod, I've always used this one
  • RaceMenu - RaceMenu Anniversary Edition v0-4-19-14

It's up to you, but you might want to uninstall everything and give yourself a clean slate before trying again - less chance of another mod interfering. If you also use Vortex, hit Deploy mods. (I don't know MO2, so can only tell you steps from a Vortex perspective. ) Then install only these mods listed above, 'Deploy', and open FNIS. Make sure you check the 3rd item, the "Skeleton arm fix" patch, before you run FNIS.

If you don't have anything overwriting Sexlab, you should be good.

Now you can install your other mods. Deploy, run FNIS again, and if you run into FNIS issues now, at least you'll know you have a mod conflict and can start tracking that down.

Deploy again, and what I like to do (probably not necessary but I do it anyway) is go to the plugins tab and click 'Sort now' before I start playing.

If after just the minimum install you still have problems, then copy all the text in the FNIS dialog box (not just the warning) and paste it behind spoiler tags.

Good luck!

Things seem to be working now, but one last thing: I can't seem to find SLAnimLoader.esm anywhere, nor seemingly find it on here.

8 hours ago, DimensionLord1 said:

I don't know why but sex diary on everyone has "--:--:--" in time spent having sex category. Been trying to find a solution to this everywhere and nothing comes up.

20230702021539_1.jpg

Is because the time has taken a negative value. That shouldn't happen unless you had used or are using some Patch or Tweak outdated.

First make sure of remove or install the right version of the Mod that is overwriting the SexLab files, otherwise will happen again.

To fix the value is enough with "Reset the actor Stats" option at the top right of the diary page and then have sex.

On the v1.65 you can enable the Debug Mode and that will allow you manually edit the value to fix it.

You can also install my "SexLab Utility Plus" that also allow you manually edit the values of the stats if the Debug Mode is enabled.

You will have to repeat the process for every actor with the same issue because I a stored value.

4 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

Is because the time has taken a negative value. That shouldn't happen unless you had used or are using some Patch or Tweak outdated.

First make sure of remove or install the right version of the Mod that is overwriting the SexLab files, otherwise will happen again.

To fix the value is enough with "Reset the actor Stats" option at the top right of the diary page and then have sex.

On the v1.65 you can enable the Debug Mode and that will allow you manually edit the value to fix it.

You can also install my "SexLab Utility Plus" that also allow you manually edit the values of the stats if the Debug Mode is enabled.

You will have to repeat the process for every actor with the same issue because I a stored value.

I'm not sure what could be causing this because one of my earlier characters actually had the time show up normally. Went through and loaded only sexlab, but still ran into the same exact issue so doesn't seem to be any outdated mod issue far as I can tell.

Reset actor stats method worked but resetting stats is a bit annoying. Went ahead and used Sexlab Utility Plus and debug mode to set it to positive value instead, which worked great. Though I'm lost on what could be causing this in the first place, unless I'm using an outdated Sexlab Matchmaker which is the only possible cause I can think of.

Good evening everyone ! 

I am struggling to get this to work with VR - I went thru countless threads about AE/SE/ SKSE version and the more i read, the more i am confused :D  

Any chance anyone know what i need to get for the VR edition, if anyone got much luck in this domain ? 

Thank you !