SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

20 hours ago, xVff12 said:

I was able to do all of that. After updating FNIS, I checked for consistence. I got this:

image.png.b1e51d7ffa601bec020f0abbafe3a6ae.png

I think it's possible that I got it from merging the SexLab Light with SexLab Framework beta. Is this a problem, or can it be ignored?

By the way, thank you very much for guiding my through this! I don't have the brains to figure these kinds of things out, so you've helped me a great deal. Does this same process more or less work for every mod that needs conversion?

You have duplicated files after the merging: files AP_*.hkx. Delete \meshes\actors\character\animations\SexLabAP directory after merging.

1 hour ago, Watchman35 said:

Yer Jcontainers is really going to cause issues unless it gets ported. But I cant see that till SKSE comes out of Alpha. But hey im enjoying the testing.

Well, I don't see any reason why SKSE is still in Alpha...But thanks to the modders gods it is ported. After messing around a bit I have finally a good set of mods to start with.

53 minutes ago, Amczek89 said:

Probably stupid question but is there a section with downloads for SE version SexLab? Or animations and mods for "normal" Skyrim will work?

No SSE section yet as Sexlab SE has only been out a few days. ATM it is just a question of testing oldrim mods to see if they work.

1 hour ago, Amczek89 said:

Probably stupid question but is there a section with downloads for SE version SexLab? Or animations and mods for "normal" Skyrim will work?

No such thing as stupid questions here. SexLab Framework SE can be downloaded here, which is just the first page of this thread. At the bottom of the page is the download.

Alternatively, SexLab Light SE is a conversion of the SexLab Framework from Oldrim. SexLab Light SE is the same thing as SexLab Framework SE (I think), with the exception that SexLab Light SE was made before SKSE64 came out, and therefore does not require it. Despite their similarities, mods made for SexLab Light SE are generally not compatible with mods made for SexLab Framework SE, and vice versa.

Edit: oh lol I misunderstood the question. No stupid questions, but my answer was pretty stupid.

2 hours ago, Ashal said:

It's a beta. Not a release.

You can call it a Fish if you like.

That does not change the fact that it works superbly.

Every mod I have converted to use Sexlab SE works better on Skyrim SE than it does on Classic Skyrim.

Far more robust, and no crashes zoning! Log looks clean.

Thanks again for the effort you put into it!

17 hours ago, Apollo04 said:

I think he wants a more precise way of changing animation, to be able to choose what you want instead of circling through things.

But yeah, I don't think that's possible at the moment and you will have to do with what SL provides.

Yeah this is what I meant. Like in SL Tools, you can pretty much pick whatever position you want with just a click!

On 1/19/2018 at 1:12 PM, Apollo04 said:

So SLAL works? That's a good news.

Though, @xVff12, if SLAL doesn't work for you. There's another method. The animation pack you linked is included in SL Light SE. So do it like this.
- Download both SL Light SE and SL SE Beta. Don't install yet.
- Extract both of them to a separate location.
- Copy "actors" folder from SL Light SE to SL SE Beta, overwrite if asked.
- Copy sslAnimationDefaults.pex and sslCreatureAnimationDefaults.pex in SL Light's "scripts" folder to SL SE Beta, overwrite if asked.
- Repack SL SE Beta into 7z or zip file.
- Install SL SE Beta.
- Run FNIS.
- Start the game, rebuild Sexlab's animation registry.

There you have it. All of the animations from SL Light is now included into SL SE.

This is what I did and it appeared to work at every step through FNIS and resetting the registry but all the animations errored out. Here is a screen shot of the message, from this can anyone please tell me where I went wrong? Thanks

enb2018_1_21_00_06_29.bmp

On 1/19/2018 at 1:47 PM, Apollo04 said:

I don't use Defeat, but just downloaded it and took a look. It's nothing that the guide didn't mention + a bit of reading on this same thread.

Again:
- Download Defeat. Don't install it.
- Extract it to a separate location.
- Download and run BSA Extractor (link in the guide). Extract the content of SexLabDefeat.bsa. Copy those content over to the Defeat folder. Delete bsa file.
- Download this: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/68910-simple-batch-conversion-skyrim-to-skyrim-se-hkx/
- Extract it into Skyrim Special Edition/Tools/HavokBehaviorPostProcess (where HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe is).

- Go to <Defeat folder>/meshes/actors/character/animations/Defeat. You will see a bunch of hkx files. Copy them all into the Havok folder above.
- Run convert_HKX.bat. Wait until it finishes.

- Copy those very same hkx files back into <Defeat folder>/meshes/actors/character/animations/Defeat. Overwrite everything.

- Go to <Defeat folder>/meshes/actors/character/behaviors. You will see 1 hkx file. Repeat the steps above.
- Repack <Defeat folder> into zip or 7z.
- Install it.
- Open its esp file in CK. You will get a lot of errors. Ignore them all.
- Once the file loaded, press the save icon. You might get a lot of errors again. Ignore them.
- Once it's done saving, exit CK.

- Run FNIS.

There you have it. The mod is converted.

And no, I don't think there's an unofficial place to post converted mods like this. Unless the author said that it's alright to modify and share their mods, it's safe to assume that we can only modify his/her mod for personal use, not sharing.

I did all of this, ran FNIS, but now I'm getting T-poses everywhere -_-

2 minutes ago, Ashal said:

This is a beta! Not a release.

But it will help you "release"~

So I've figured out what was going on with my animations, with Match Maker borked I didn't know the Debug spells didn't trigger sex scenes and for whatever reason the creature animations didn't trigger with the creatures I had summoned via Console Commands (a final test with a power that instantly causes sex from another mod), it wasn't until I found one of the sexlab mods I had gave a masturbation power that I was able to trigger an animation and figure out it was just that every tool I was using to try and test animations was broken and not the actual mod. Still not sure why the creature animations no longer trigger with goats despite the rest of the creatures still working.

Also... SexLab 1.63 separates the AP animations into a separate behavior file so it can be easily erased while preventing it from taking up animation slots. This is why the consistency check reports all AP animations. Ignore it. 

They exist in a now separate behavior file that sexlab checks for before registering them. If you overwrite SexLab Framework SE's version of stuff with SL Lite, you are essentially adding these animations twice. The consistency check report from FNIS can be "safely" ignored here. Seeing as the animation events and files are all the same.

28 minutes ago, squirrellydood said:

But it will help you "release"~

So I've figured out what was going on with my animations, with Match Maker borked I didn't know the Debug spells didn't trigger sex scenes and for whatever reason the creature animations didn't trigger with the creatures I had summoned via Console Commands (a final test with a power that instantly causes sex from another mod), it wasn't until I found one of the sexlab mods I had gave a masturbation power that I was able to trigger an animation and figure out it was just that every tool I was using to try and test animations was broken and not the actual mod. Still not sure why the creature animations no longer trigger with goats despite the rest of the creatures still working.

Almost every reply so far here, talks as if the mod is out. Which it certainly is not.

Only a handful of posts so far seem to be treating it as such.  This is frustrating to me.

------

Sidenote: The debug effect spell exists only as a scripting test for myself or other modders looking for an easy test trigger, NOT as an animation starter like match maker. Whatever the debug spells do, is whatever function I was last testing myself. Which is why it's a "debug" spell and not a "start sex" spell. In this case, the last thing I was testing before releasing the beta was confirming the TFC functions from PapyrusUtil work as expected just before I released version 3.4 of that for SE.

When the actual full release of 1.63 is out, I'll swap it over to a matchmaker like function specifically to avoid this confusion. For now, however, it's simply my goto script (sslEffectDebug) for testing shit.

But at the end of the day, this thread exists to test problems with the framework itself in SSE and NOT to test problems with trying to hack together SexLab full and SexLab Lite.

I'm interested in hearing about compatibility with mods that should work as is. Not about how SLAL doesn't work because JContainers hasn't been updated to SKSE64. Despite the fact that SexLab has had its own implementation of JSON animation loading without requiring SLAL+JContainers for over a year now...

16 minutes ago, Ashal said:

Almost every reply so far here, talks as if the mod is out. Which it certainly is not.

Only a handful of posts so far seem to be treating it as such.  This is frustrating to me.

------

Sidenote: The debug effect spell exists only as a scripting test for myself or other modders looking for an easy test trigger, NOT as an animation starter like match maker. Whatever the debug spells do, is whatever function I was last testing myself. Which is why it's a "debug" spell and not a "start sex" spell. In this case, the last thing I was testing before releasing the beta was confirming the TFC functions from PapyrusUtil work as expected just before I released version 3.4 of that for SE.

When the actual full release of 1.63 is out, I'll swap it over to a matchmaker like function specifically to avoid this confusion. For now, however, it's simply my goto script (sslEffectDebug) for testing shit.

But at the end of the day, this thread exists to test problems with the framework itself in SSE and NOT to test problems with trying to hack together SexLab full and SexLab Lite.

I'm interested in hearing about compatibility with mods that should work as is. Not about how SLAL doesn't work because JContainers hasn't been updated to SKSE64. Despite the fact that SexLab has had its own implementation of JSON animation loading without requiring SLAL+JContainers for over a year now...

Well now that I have enough animations to use it I've tried out a few things with this new version.

regarding the Debug/freecam thing, when I used it the screen blacked out for a second before switching to free cam for a couple seconds which was odd.

It is compatible with the sexlab extra voices mod which is good.

Expressions seems to work, though it's not very obvious with the lack of free cam (does it work and I just need to turn it on?)

Switching animations works, though for whatever reason it didn't work on the default "0" so I remapped it to another key (L.CTRL) and it worked. Switches seemlessly after just a moment's delay. Repeated switching however seems to make it lag behind or ignore a position swap.

The select hotkey works and it gives the sex information like arousal from Sexlab Aroused.

I had a weird issue where attempting to sex J'zargo caused my breton to grow a bit despite the CTD and scaling parts being turned off. Didn't seem to occur with anyone else, I think it may have just been a hiccup or compatibility bug with the Player Scale mod from Nexus.

There's some weird issue with dicks being pointed in weird directions and not moving. I don't know how to reorient them so it makes it weird with some guy is humping but his dick is pointed 90 degrees off from the orifice he's aiming for.

Hope that helps.

9 minutes ago, squirrellydood said:

Hope that helps.

It does. Thanks. 

Can also confirm I have my own problems with switching animations. It's the first thing I'm looking at for the next beta, in addition to slow startup times.

Just now, Ashal said:

It does. Thanks. 

Can also confirm I have my own problems with switching animations. It's the first thing I'm looking at for the next beta, in addition to slow startup times.

Well it worked for me after I switched out the key it was tied to. I made it the left CTRL button, since hitting the sneak button mid-coitus wouldn't affect anything. Not sure if it's the specific button or that you need to switch before it works.

Also considering adding a "SLAL compatibility mode" that'll interpret existing SLAL json files. Since I have little hope of animators converting their packs to sexlab's json loader at this point as well as the increasing unlikelihood of JContainers being updated to SKSE64. 

1 hour ago, John Las said:

Anyways, for me:

I'm not using framework, I'm using the light version of SE

I tried installing defeat, but now I'm getting fucking T-pose everywhere for some apparent reason.

This is your problem. The conversion method is for the mod to work with SL SE Beta. SL Light doesn't use SKSE. The way it handles the animations is different >>> You get T-pose. If you want the mod to work with SL Light, go check out Vinfamy's guide.

2 hours ago, Vuulgar said:

This is what I did and it appeared to work at every step through FNIS and resetting the registry but all the animations errored out. Here is a screen shot of the message, from this can anyone please tell me where I went wrong? Thanks

enb2018_1_21_00_06_29.bmp

Not on my PC at the moment so I can't test those animations, but you seem to be trying to use creature animations. Have you turned on "Allow Creature Animation" in SL MCM?

That said, since Ashal already said that this topic is not for SL Light related things. I'll stop replying to things like above from now on. Maybe you can make another thread if you still have issues :).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

59 minutes ago, Ashal said:

It does. Thanks. 

How is switching animations bugging? It just doesn't do anything or just starts the same animation over and over? The latter is what (seems to be) happening to me.

1 hour ago, Ashal said:

I'm interested in hearing about compatibility with mods that should work as is. 

This version is perfectly compatible with both new plugins and very old ones. Checked on a lot of different mods. Everything works perfectly. Thank you!

10 minutes ago, Apollo04 said:

How is switching animations bugging? It just doesn't do anything or just starts the same animation over and over? The latter is what (seems to be) happening to me.

In my very limited testing, it simply doesn't work and the animation doesn't change. 

9 minutes ago, torn said:

This version is perfectly compatible with both new plugins and very old ones. Checked on a lot of different mods. Everything works perfectly. Thank you!

Can you cite any specific mods that did, or did not, work as expected? For future reference.

Honestly, I doubt there should be many issues with the SE version here specifically. Most, if not all, incompatibilities should just be related to lack of a needed SKSE plugin I don't control, not converting needed hkx animations to 64bit, and/or not extracting BSAs.