3D Element / Mesh Assistance Request ** SOLVED **

Hey folks!  As many of you might know, I've been doing a bit of re-texturing on outfits.  However, many times outfit meshes have had all the different elements merged into a single entity. For example, the vanilla Beth meshes are one big blob.

Sadly, I no longer have access to 3D Max, etc., and can't break these merged entities back into the individual elements to work on them. So my question is:  Would someone be willing to assist me in breaking up meshes back into their individual elements for me?  Well, not necessarily individual elements, but into things "assemblies" like bras, panties, gloves / gauntlets, boots, belts, etc.?

Please PM me if anyone is interested. You would, of course, be credited for your assistance on any mods I do that you'd be a part of. Thanks and a Happy New Year to all!   :smile:

You don't need 3d max. Download blender and it's addons that are needed then load the nif into outfit studoios and export the part/parts out in .OBJ format load them up into blender and right click the part and go to the bottom and change the object mode to edit mode and hit P and select separate by loose parts and it'll break the stuff up. Then turn object mode back on and fuse parts that are suppose to be together back into each other by holding down the shift button and selecting pieces then hold down the CTR button and hit J to fuse. Export 1 piece out at a time so you'll have to mass highlight all but one then delete them and export then undo the delete and delete the one you exported and repeat for each one till are exported then load them one at a time into outfit studios and reweight them.

45 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

You don't need 3d max. Download blender and it's addons that are needed then load the nif into outfit studoios and export the part/parts out in .OBJ format load them up into blender and right click the part and go to the bottom and change the object mode to edit mode and hit P and select separate by loose parts and it'll break the stuff up. Then turn object mode back on and fuse parts that are suppose to be together back into each other by holding down the shift button and selecting pieces then hold down the CTR button and hit J to fuse. Export 1 piece out at a time so you'll have to mass highlight all but one then delete them and export then undo the delete and delete the one you exported and repeat for each one till are exported then load them one at a time into outfit studios and reweight them.

Ah geez, I forgot all about Blender (don't do 3D anymore). I'll DL that and get my feet wet. Thanks for the mini-tut, I appreciate your input!

BTW, I really like your avatar pic!  :smile:

You know, I just noticed that there's no "solved" button to questions on the new site here. ???

24 minutes ago, c5kev said:

Ah geez, I forgot all about Blender (don't do 3D anymore). I'll DL that and get my feet wet. Thanks for the mini-tut, I appreciate your input!

BTW, I really like your avatar pic!  :smile:

You know, I just noticed that there's no "solved" button to questions on the new site here. ???

Yea there used to be a "solved" on the thread at one time

2 hours ago, myuhinny said:

Thanks I got the avatar from a game called my little princess.

Not sure if it has that option here or not you could ask that in the new site questions thread and see. For now you should be able to edit your threads title in the front with the words [solved]. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/87535-new-site-questions-comments-and-suggestions/?page=41&tab=comments#comment-2102882

Yeah, I suppose that's always an option.   My Little Princess   Hahahahahaha...  yeah...right.  :smile:

Archived