Seek for help installing HDT-SMP

wwwizard3

So, I'm trying to install this for about a month with no luck. Some smp-related mods work great (most of the wigs and earrings, aswell as some clothing mods), but the mods I'm most interested in just refuse to work.

For now I noticed some curiosities that really confuse me, and since smp partially works I really can't figure out where exactly is the problem. For example:

> I've installed opencl sdk package from here but had no luck trying to install the driver; anyway, I stopped having ctd after that and stuff started to work (partially, REEE!!! B:<), but still...

> most prepacked hdt-smp or pe-smp configs aren't working at all, but this one always does. 
> some clothing sets have physics but are just stretched to beneath the ground. When I change the cell they're okay for the moment but then just stretch down and are 'tied'  (???) to some point long way below the character. 
> smp-enabled body meshes either dont have physics or lead me to the crash, even when smp-related things were worn on the character and worked fine.

I'm so confused, really, and there isn't much information anywhere. Thanks in advance.

(Hope that's the right section whatsoever . __ .''' )

On 29/12/2017 at 6:29 PM, okunireika said:

So, I'm trying to install this for about a month with no luck. Some smp-related mods work great (most of the wigs and earrings, aswell as some clothing mods), but the mods I'm most interested in just refuse to work.

For now I noticed some curiosities that really confuse me, and since smp partially works I really can't figure out where exactly is the problem. For example:

> I've installed opencl sdk package from here but had no luck trying to install the driver; anyway, I stopped having ctd after that and stuff started to work (partially, REEE!!! B:<), but still...

> most prepacked hdt-smp or pe-smp configs aren't working at all, but this one always does. 
> some clothing sets have physics but are just stretched to beneath the ground. When I change the cell they're okay for the moment but then just stretch down and are 'tied'  (???) to some point long way below the character. 
> smp-enabled body meshes either dont have physics or lead me to the crash, even when smp-related things were worn on the character and worked fine.

I'm so confused, really, and there isn't much information anywhere. Thanks in advance.

(Hope that's the right section whatsoever . __ .''' )

Hiya,

Um yeah finding SMP info isn't easy.

It's a big thread over there to go through.

Won't tell you how many hours I put in lol.

For starters, what do you have for a CPU and GPU?

Did you install these drivers on same page as here?

You don't want SDK - you want runtime.

Am still using the 16.1.1 driver, but see there's new 16.1.2 that I'll have to check out

opencl.thumb.JPG.e4c30f6587c5a8ee0b88cc713fe040fb.JPG

Saw your post in other thread too, but maybe can help here?

Also XMLs for all those smp files are in one of 2 formats.

comma or decimal numbers less than whole numbers like 1,2 vs 1.2

comma is for european countries usually and periods for North America.  So whatever language your OS is, that will determine which format.

You will have to convert along the way.

I have all those earrings working for example, just don't remember all the issues I had to fix.

Sometimes it was the comma vs period.

Check your log files.

If you really want to get good at SMP, best is time to read all those SMP threads.

It's kind of still DIY.

On 05.01.2018 at 7:52 AM, SassaAria said:

Hiya,

Um yeah finding SMP info isn't easy.

It's a big thread over there to go through.

Won't tell you how many hours I put in lol.

For starters, what do you have for a CPU and GPU?

Did you install these drivers on same page as here?

You don't want SDK - you want runtime.

Am still using the 16.1.1 driver, but see there's new 16.1.2 that I'll have to check out

opencl.thumb.JPG.e4c30f6587c5a8ee0b88cc713fe040fb.JPG

Saw your post in other thread too, but maybe can help here?

Also XMLs for all those smp files are in one of 2 formats.

comma or decimal numbers less than whole numbers like 1,2 vs 1.2

comma is for european countries usually and periods for North America.  So whatever language your OS is, that will determine which format.

You will have to convert along the way.

I have all those earrings working for example, just don't remember all the issues I had to fix.

Sometimes it was the comma vs period.

Check your log files.

If you really want to get good at SMP, best is time to read all those SMP threads.

It's kind of still DIY.

Hey

I've read through most of the threads I found across the net, but haven't seen anything on my problem, so... x) Good news though:  I fixed it somehow.
Guess there were some problems regarding my system and the versions of smp libraries I had. I tried about 7 different setups from different places: nexus tutorial on smp, some LL threads and files and the original topic on 3dmao -- and last one finally worked. As I wrote above, the strangest thing about all of it was that SMP did some things and never crashed my game; after your post I can tell that I have (had, since last version doesn't really need OpenCL anymore woo-hoo!) SDK and it seemed to work too. Still don't know where exactly problem was, but I guess somewhere in my pricky system xD

Thanks for the help anyways and I guess your screenshot would definitely help some people having the same issues.

14 hours ago, okunireika said:

Hey

I've read through most of the threads I found across the net, but haven't seen anything on my problem, so... x) Good news though:  I fixed it somehow.
Guess there were some problems regarding my system and the versions of smp libraries I had. I tried about 7 different setups from different places: nexus tutorial on smp, some LL threads and files and the original topic on 3dmao -- and last one finally worked. As I wrote above, the strangest thing about all of it was that SMP did some things and never crashed my game; after your post I can tell that I have (had, since last version doesn't really need OpenCL anymore woo-hoo!) SDK and it seemed to work too. Still don't know where exactly problem was, but I guess somewhere in my pricky system xD

Thanks for the help anyways and I guess your screenshot would definitely help some people having the same issues.

Great you fixed it!

Latest version doesn't need OpenCL anymore?  Can you explain why you think that? 

Am not going to uninstall OpenCL to test it.  In Hydro's changelog notes, there was no indication she moved away from OpenCL.

Or, Do you mean SSE version which has own framework apparently? (Have not looked at SSE at all).

18 hours ago, SassaAria said:

Great you fixed it!

Latest version doesn't need OpenCL anymore?  Can you explain why you think that? 

Am not going to uninstall OpenCL to test it.  In Hydro's changelog notes, there was no indication she moved away from OpenCL.

Or, Do you mean SSE version which has own framework apparently? (Have not looked at SSE at all).

As I remember it was clone real who stated that in comments sections for one of his mods on nexus. I was desperate enough to try, so I uninstalled SDK Package and for some configurations I didn't have the CTD. Anyway, to prove that we need more people than just one, but I don't really want to bother about my SMP setup until it works ha-ha xD 
And I'm talking about SLE version, yeah.

• 1 year later...

can anyone simplify what ^^^^^^ is talking about for me? What's an SDK package how'd this person get it working?! I'm so confused. D'x

I can get everything to work sort of?  

but then (with SMP installed/enabled+worn) as soon as I try to leave the room my last save was in or run too far on an old save I applied smp stuff to,--- then I get CTD. 

q-q

I can load savegames, start new games, but only for a short time :< it sucks cause I got this dope hair and flappy pretty armor and I can see it all working together, and then the game just crashes for no good reason ;o;

Archived