CTD between Riverwood/Whiterun

downjonsie

Hello! I'm incurring numerous CTD between Riverwood and Whiterun. Sometimes I can get to the stables before CTD'ing. Sometimes I can barely pass the bridge. I've tried everything from unpacking the meshes.bsa (reluctantly, as it seemed to mess up my entire MCM menu) to (obviously) cleaning with TESVEDIT to Mesh Healer, to complete reinstalling. I'm thinking it may have to do particularly with the Populated Skyrim series. However, I remember there being a mod that worked out a fix for duplicating AI? (Maybe perks?) bugs, but I cannot find this fix, anymore. May anyone perhaps know what I am referring to, and provide a link? When I'm not CTD'ing in this area, my game runs flawlessly with ANKO ENB at 55-60fps.

That area is for some reason is super buggy on a new play through I  CTD all the time there I believe it has something to do with the companions and the giant scene. I have learned to avoid that area at the start of a new game I just go around then to whiterun. Then go to the companions home not to join but a meet and greet to make sure the giant scene is done... after that I have no issues in that area. Not what you wanted but this is such a common bug in that area thought I would share

Yep that area is known for bad crashing. Things to consider that might help. Make sure you have the unofficial patch installed. Second highly recommend static mesh improvement. That should fix most meshes in the area. Then you also want to look at loadorder. As for populated mods I have no issues whatsoever there like i used to back in the day. Make sure you use the populated reborn versions if your worried that it might be the problem. That is what I'm using.

23 minutes ago, woodsman30 said:

That area is for some reason is super buggy on a new play through I  CTD all the time there I believe it has something to do with the companions and the giant scene. I have learned to avoid that area at the start of a new game I just go around then to whiterun. Then go to the companions home not to join but a meet and greet to make sure the giant scene is done... after that I have no issues in that area. Not what you wanted but this is such a common bug in that area thought I would share

Oh that's the cause of the CTD? And here, I was beginning to think I was missing a mesh somewhere. But I suppose since there are varying degrees to which I can approach Whiterun, I guess not. Still odd, I'd CTD even after getting so close/passed that event after it's started.

18 minutes ago, jennievm said:

Yep that area is known for bad crashing. Things to consider that might help. Make sure you have the unofficial patch installed. Second highly recommend static mesh improvement. That should fix most meshes in the area. Then you also want to look at loadorder. As for populated mods I have no issues whatsoever there like i used to back in the day. Make sure you use the populated reborn versions if your worried that it might be the problem. That is what I'm using.

I have USLEEP, Bug Fixes, Crash Fixes, ENBoost and ENB on an i7-7700hk @ 2.8ghz, gtx 1050 with ,16g ram and 8g vram and have taken about 4 hours to hone the memory allocations. I'd go with SMIM but I'm told that that can actually induce more problems? Maybe I'm wrong. And of course, I use the reborn versions. 

Also found that the fix I was referring to is in fact included in the bug fixes download.

11 hours ago, downjonsie said:

Oh that's the cause of the CTD? And here, I was beginning to think I was missing a mesh somewhere. But I suppose since there are varying degrees to which I can approach Whiterun, I guess not. Still odd, I'd CTD even after getting so close/passed that event after it's started.

I have USLEEP, Bug Fixes, Crash Fixes, ENBoost and ENB on an i7-7700hk @ 2.8ghz, gtx 1050 with ,16g ram and 8g vram and have taken about 4 hours to hone the memory allocations. I'd go with SMIM but I'm told that that can actually induce more problems? Maybe I'm wrong. And of course, I use the reborn versions. 

Also found that the fix I was referring to is in fact included in the bug fixes download.

I cannot give much opinion on enb's my pc is ancient and will never run an enb. Not that its stopping me from having an 200+ mod load order atm. Anyway I digress As for smim tho give it a go. Its highly recommended never had an issue with that. Just make sure to put it in the right spot in your load order. And have the patches for any mods that might need smim patches

TPOS is definitely POS and you should not be using it. Whiterun is already crashy as fuck even on Skyrim 64 and TPOS so much nav fuckery and npc scheduling bullshit that crashing is pretty much inevitable, and the fact you have 200 other mods crammed there with tpos is something akin to an xmas miracle your shit works at all, particualarly if you have other npc or navmesh mods.

4 hours ago, 27X said:

TPOS is definitely POS and you should not be using it. Whiterun is already crashy as fuck even on Skyrim 64 and TPOS so much nav fuckery and npc scheduling bullshit that crashing is pretty much inevitable, and the fact you have 200 other mods crammed there with tpos is something akin to an xmas miracle your shit works at all, particualarly if you have other npc or navmesh mods.

I don't have TPOS. I use Populated Skyrim, which uses no Navmesh additions, nor scripts. They're new NPC built from already existing vanilla assets to spawn generic NPC. Plus my mod list is probably under 120, if even. My mods list is probably three full scrolls through wryebash.

Plus I'm not using anything that overhauls any meshes, yet. HOWEVER, I do have that Lushes Overhaul, which may even be culprit. I'll be removing that, anyway. I notice no difference.

10 hours ago, jennievm said:

I cannot give much opinion on enb's my pc is ancient and will never run an enb. Not that its stopping me from having an 200+ mod load order atm. Anyway I digress As for smim tho give it a go. Its highly recommended never had an issue with that. Just make sure to put it in the right spot in your load order. And have the patches for any mods that might need smim patches

Okay I will. Thank you.

Archived