FNIS animation for the climbing mod

• 7 months later...
On 12/27/2017 at 12:13 PM, SmedleyDButler said:

By the way, I think there's actually a climbing animation in the vanilla game for a cutscene that could maybe be used for this? I can't recall which cutscene though.

I know this thread is old, but I can't help it. The vanilla animation is used by Mercer towards the end of the thieves guild questline.

1 hour ago, eddi429 said:

I know this thread is old, but I can't help it. The vanilla animation is used by Mercer towards the end of the thieves guild questline.

Awesome! Better late than never.

If anyone could extract that and apply it to the Simply Climb mod, I would be eternally grateful. The goofy levitation is horrible in 3rd person and not exactly great in 1st person either.

On 12/26/2017 at 10:44 AM, SmedleyDButler said:

Oh yes... been hoping someone could help that author with adding animations or offer a cleaned up version of the mod with animations themselves.

I have seen a good climbing animation, but only as a bear. :classic_wink:

I recognize that animation. It's the one from when Sinding escape the jail in Falkreath.

I was looking at Thieves Guild playthrough videos (never actually played it through to the end), but I can't seem to find the bit where Mercer Frey is actually climbing? He's perched up high on the giant Falmer statue, but that's not a climbing animation. Does he appear briefly somewhere earlier when you're going through Irkngthand? Or does he climb in another context entirely?

In any case, if Mercer doesn't actually have a climbing animation, maybe Sinding's could be used or even edited to work.

I'm still really surprised that in all these years no one has ever put together or imported a basic climbing animation. I'd do it myself but I know diddly squat about animations.

3 minutes ago, SmedleyDButler said:

I recognize that animation. It's the one from when Sinding escape the jail in Falkreath.

I was looking at Thieves Guild playthrough videos (never actually played it through to the end), but I can't seem to find the bit where Mercer Frey is actually climbing? He's perched up high on the giant Falmer statue, but that's not a climbing animation. Does he appear briefly somewhere earlier when you're going through Irkngthand? Or does he climb in another context entirely?

In any case, if Mercer doesn't actually have a climbing animation, maybe Sinding's could be used or even edited to work.

I'm still really surprised that in all these years no one has ever put together or imported a basic climbing animation. I'd do it myself but I know diddly squat about animations.

I have seen two maybe three times "climbing" was used in vanilla skyrim the mechanics are there just separating them and make them a function that can be used. I unfortunately can not help in this area but it can be done just like the dodging animation was taken from the vanilla sneak roll. However, it depends on if one of the resident wizards are interested in making it that remains to be seen... Would be a cool feature much like the crawl for sneak would add a new element to play style.

9 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

I have seen two maybe three times "climbing" was used in vanilla skyrim the mechanics are there just separating them and make them a function that can be used. I unfortunately can not help in this area but it can be done just like the dodging animation was taken from the vanilla sneak roll. However, it depends on if one of the resident wizards are interested in making it that remains to be seen... Would be a cool feature much like the crawl for sneak would add a new element to play style.

Well, it would be very appreciated.

The mod for climbing actually exists. It just lacks and animation, so you rise up, motionless, as if you're riding some kind of daedric elevator. It's pretty goofy.

16 hours ago, SmedleyDButler said:

Well, it would be very appreciated.

The mod for climbing actually exists. It just lacks and animation, so you rise up, motionless, as if you're riding some kind of daedric elevator. It's pretty goofy.

I came across this thread a little while ago: 

One of the replies mentions a climbing mod for Skyrim that has fully implemented animations, and it was by a Russian modder. I've never been able to find it though. :/

Well Googling various related terms in Russian doesn't seem to come up with anything. However I did find an old post on Reddit which said that they'd used and examined the mod you're talking about and it weird was coded in JAVA of all things (!) (he didn't know HOW it worked, just that it definitely included Java code). Unfortunately it seems it also bloated and broke saves or caused  wacky glitching, so maybe there's a reason it wasn't spread around. Too bad though... I'm sure the animations could still be extracted.

Archived