How do I install F4SE?

28 minutes ago, ChokingHazard said:

Usually I just use the installer, but I noticed that the latest version of F4SE on the silverstock page doesn't have an installer option.

Which directory do I extract the files to?

Your Fallout 4 directory.  The one with the executables.

When you asked this on 12/05.... I commented:

Installer (you):

[ Installation ]

1. Copy f4se_1_10_50.dll, f4se_loader.exe, and f4se_steam_loader.dll to your Fallout installation folder. This is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\, but if you have installed to a custom Steam library then you will need to find this folder yourself. Copy the Data folder over as well.

2. Launch the game by running the copy of f4se_loader.exe that you placed in the Fallout installation folder.

3. If you are looking for information about a specific feature, check f4se_whatsnew.txt for more details.

Looks like they removed it for some reason on a recent update.  I've always just installed it manually, so can't be sure when that happened.

Did that not work out for you?

More verbose instructions... because the installer is in fact gone.

1. Download the 7z archive verison

2. Extract the contents to a folder

3. Open the folder of extracted contents

4. Open a new Windows File Explorer window as well, and navigate to your FO4 installation.... (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\) or wherever you have it installed.

5. In the F4SE extracted files window... hold down CTRL and left-click the following files:

1. f4se_1_10_50.dll 
  2. f4se_loader.exe 
  3. f4se_steam_loader.dll

6. CTRL + C (or right click) to copy

7. In your FO4 install path folder (where fallout4.exe is located) - paste the files. Confirm Yes to overwrite if asked

Yes, it has not been yet updated for the game version most recently released.   I was wrong, it was updated... my bad.  You should check to make sure both your game and F4SE are the most recent versions, as that message indicates your game is out of date.

You have a few options for when F4SE is out of date...

1. Forego any mods requiring F4SE (not ideal)

2. Roll back your Fallout4.exe version using the Steam archive feature (you won't find much support here or on nexus for it as you're now running an older version of the game than is current or recommended).

Revert Fallout 4 to earlier version using Steam tools:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLQI_DVZfaQ

9 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

Yes, it has not been yet updated for the game version most recently released.  You have a few options...

1. Forego any mods requiring F4SE (not ideal)

2. Roll back your Fallout4.exe version using the Steam archive feature (you won't find much support here or on nexus for it as you're now running an older version of the game than is current or recommended).

Revert Fallout 4 to earlier version using Steam tools:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLQI_DVZfaQ

This is not true. 

F4SE v0.6.4 is updated to run with FO4 v1.10.50 which is the latest build.

You need to download the .7z archive file to your pc and install it manually.

If you need help with the install in the archive file there is a readme file which has how to install F4SE or you can use F4SE Readme from Silverlock site.

If you also want to use Four Play and the mods associated with it you will need to install [Dev/Test/Beta] LL FourPlay community F4SE plugin v13-20171201

Happy Holidays!

6 hours ago, ercramer69 said:

This is not true. 

F4SE v0.6.4 is updated to run with FO4 v1.10.50 which is the latest build.

You need to download the .7z archive file to your pc and install it manually.

If you need help with the install in the archive file there is a readme file which has how to install F4SE or you can use F4SE Readme from Silverlock site.

If you also want to use Four Play and the mods associated with it you will need to install [Dev/Test/Beta] LL FourPlay community F4SE plugin v13-20171201

Happy Holidays!

Whoops.... updated original posting.  I went in too fast, based solely on that screen shot. ;)

2 hours ago, ChokingHazard said:

Has F4SE been updated yet?

Has fallout 4 been updated recently?  I have f4se 0_06_04 and it is currently working fine.  Looking at the f4se page it is for runtime Fallout 4 runtime 1.10.50  which is as far as I am aware the current version, though maybe they are running beta versions of fallout 4?

7 hours ago, ercramer69 said:

In comparison to the image you had above yes it has been updated, your version in your image was .6.1 and its up to .6.4.

I downloaded the latest version of F4SE and extracted the files to computer/local disk/program files x86/steam/steam/steamapps/common/fallout 4, and when I try booting the game via the f4se launcher in that directory folder, it says that my f4se is still at 6.1

13 hours ago, ChokingHazard said:

I downloaded the latest version of F4SE and extracted the files to computer/local disk/program files x86/steam/steam/steamapps/common/fallout 4, and when I try booting the game via the f4se launcher in that directory folder, it says that my f4se is still at 6.1

I don't know, maybe try deleting all files in your fallout 4 folder that start with f4se then export 6.4 again.

• 10 months later...

Archived