[REQUEST] Actually simple needs mod.

Hello.

I have an idea -- in my completely and utterly unexperienced head -- about a quite simple needs mod, and I wonder if someone could create it.

I'm running iNeed, but my script latency averages around 70-100 ms, so I'd like to reduce it in every way I can -- and I found that uninstalling iNeed seems to significantly help with this. I don't need food spoilage, sitting down, eating with followers, water and constructable water barrels and all the rest. I just need an incentive to eat, drink and sleep.

As far as I can tell, it would be a combination of a timer and applying a debuff. The player would get hungry every 8 hours, thirsty every 4-6 hours and sleepy every 16 hours. If those things are not fulfilled, a debuff would be applied. Pretty barebones.

I imagine the debuffs to be severe, as adding stages to these would probably make the mod too complicated.

- Not eating would reduce your health by 50 points.

- Not drinking would reduce stamina regeneration by 80%.

- Not sleeping would stop all magicka regeneration (or just prevent the player from casting spells altogether).

Alternatively, it could be just one timer with only hunger included with the combined debuffs of hunger and thirst; -50 health and -80% stamina regen.

Depending on how much more complicated it would make the mod, the types of food that satisfy hunger could be restricted to foods that would actually suppress hunger. This can be left out if it would make the mod too complicated, I could just restrain myself from abusing the mod.

Again, I have no idea what it would take to create this mod, or how much lighter would it be compared to iNeed. One important part would be compatibility (in particular, with Requiem), but I guess it's less of an issue if every and all non-ingredient consumable would satisfy needs.

Thoughts? I dug for two days, and I haven't found anything similar in simplicity.

Not very complex.

You need:

A quest and a ReferenceAlias to the player

A FormList with all the items to be eaten (the food)

A FormList with all the items to be drink (the liquids)

A script inside the alias that has two events defined:

- OnItemRemoved()

- OnSleepStart()

3 Spells and Magic effects (not visible by the player) to alter the health/stamina/mana

In the init function (and in the OnPlayerLoadGame event), you can register for the sleep event and for a "in game time" cycle ( RegisterForUpdateGameTime(1.0) )

And a few float variables (or properties) to store the last time you eat/drunk/slept

Then in the event OnUpdateGameTime() you will check last time of the action, and apply a magic effect that will do the debuff.

In the Event OnItemRemoved, you check if the form is inside one of the two formlists and if the destination container is None (that is important), in this case you update the last time you eat/drink

2 hours ago, CPU said:

Probably I can do this in less than one hour.

I may do this, this evening.

That would be great. I'm not entirely sure about the specific debuffs, since they should be severe thorough an entire playthrough. -50 health is not really serious in Skyrim, not even in Requiem after a certain point. The commonly used health regeneration reduction would not fit, since both Requiem and Vigor disable health regeneration.

The most universally debilitating debuff seems to be a percentage based attack damage reduction, but I'm open to other suggestions.

2 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

I use Nord Needs, it's pretty simple and lightweight.

Thank you, but it hasn't been updated since 2012. I'm cautious of such mods, but I may try it later.

I am actually building it.

But the "buffs" are not a great way to do it.

I am calculating in a custom way the target values, and keep everything goes down to 10 (as the minimum) but never less than it, and allowing all the normal gains that you can have in game.

Right now I only got the "liquids" from Skyrim base, I will add also DLCs ones later.

And I am tracking 4 things: eating, drinking, sleeping, urinating (that will be added with anims and fluids and with a spell to actually urinate.)

Eat: health

Drink: stamina

Sleep: magika

Urinate: speed

With probably also a visual blurry effect in case you did not sleep for more than 48 hours. (Maybe two, just to have different visual effects)

5 hours ago, CPU said:

I am actually building it.

But the "buffs" are not a great way to do it.

I am calculating in a custom way the target values, and keep everything goes down to 10 (as the minimum) but never less than it, and allowing all the normal gains that you can have in game.

Right now I only got the "liquids" from Skyrim base, I will add also DLCs ones later.

And I am tracking 4 things: eating, drinking, sleeping, urinating (that will be added with anims and fluids and with a spell to actually urinate.)

Eat: health

Drink: stamina

Sleep: magika

Urinate: speed

With probably also a visual blurry effect in case you did not sleep for more than 48 hours. (Maybe two, just to have different visual effects)

Urinate? LMAO. :smiley:Das 2 mutts immershon 4 me!

No, but seriously. Could you send it to me before adding urinating? I'd highly appreciate that. :smiley:

The visual effects are a good idea, the feeling it creates reminds me of trying to do things after a (few) sleepless nights. It's practically impossible to do any productive work, not to mention that I'd be even less in the shape of fighting a hoard of supernatural monsters in a dimly lit cave. Great idea!

I am adding also a MCM to define the "timing" for the effects, and the ability to disable each of them.

I am not sure I will complete it today (I always overdo) but probably I will complete it tomorrow.

Archived