Installation Guide with Lovers, MBP and Wyre with Bashed Patch

Heads up, DO NOT USE WYRE BASH 303.

I had to use Unlocker on Access Denied files left from a borked 1st attempt of a fresh install. I've seen Greg mention around in other threads to use Wyre 294 or 295. Best stick to that advice.  

I also had to use command prompt to clear out a corrupted recycler (recycle bin).

One good think for me is that this fiasco led me to discover I had the ZeroAccess Rootkit. Hours of scanning/restarting fun!

Also, DO NOT USE OBMM and WYRE together at the same time (I missed that step in the install guide, I thought it could be ok to save time, DON'T). This may of also led to some of the problems I had above, but I do think it's just wyre 303 is just half baked and shouldn't be used.

I think you can solve some issues with the MBP (missing textures ect) if you grab Sizustar's edited textures. It is mentioned in the OP, I haven't done this yet. iirc, OP mentions getting these textures to fix up the Diablo elves

I was naughty and on the 2nd attempt I tried to get Xeo installed before backing up...borked the whole thing.

If you have the space, make a RESTORE/BACKUP copy when OP suggests, overconfidence may lead to hours wasted.

I know this is mostly about installing mbp++ with lovers etc but it's also a pretty good wyre bash tutorial. Thanks for that. Maybe mention that COBL has some basic beauty options including several new races, most of the good hair styles and an npc face fixer patch so that not everyone is ugly, and is  also good for lower end comps, it''s what I chose to use for now, at least until mbp has a friendly download site.

Does this set of instructions work with a steam version of the game because I believe that using the 4gbpatch is what is causing my Oblivion.exe to give me the Application load failure 5:00000.... something like that. Anyway I was wondering if the patch to the exe is necessary or if I could just skip that step? 

Does this set of instructions work with a steam version of the game because I believe that using the 4gbpatch is what is causing my Oblivion.exe to give me the Application load failure 5:00000.... something like that. Anyway I was wondering if the patch to the exe is necessary or if I could just skip that step? 

Skip the 4gb patch.  It is not integral to do that step and as you say, steam will freak out over it.  Just continue on with the next step and you will be just fine.

Hopefully you did not install steam to the default location in the program files directory.

Well, I'm using the DMRA update for HGEC ( you know, for BBB ), but all the the clothing replacers I find also overwrite the bodies itself. 

Which one do you use and for which body?

You will need to use a DMRA clothes replacer then.

Just so you know, there is no "body" under the clothes\armor.  The "body" is part of the clothes\armor mesh and not something that goes on top of it.

There are several DMRA clothes\armor replacers around.

Skip the 4gb patch.  It is not integral to do that step and as you say, steam will freak out over it.  Just continue on with the next step and you will be just fine.

Hopefully you did not install steam to the default location in the program files directory.

I use the 4gb patch and launch just fine using the steam or oblivion launcher. Trying to launch direct from the exe file will cause an error though.

Are the OP's pictures showing up in an extremely small resolution for anyone else?

I've got errors coming up after step #10, but I'd like to see the screenshots posted to compare, as I could probably help myself without buggin' folks.

EDIT: Already fixed my errors, but it would've been a shorter trip if those pics were legible. Is it only happening for me?

I try to use Wyre Bash but it dosent seem to work. i keep getting error messages and i realize that it may be because i installed both steam and Oblivion into the default location, which happens to be my program files.  Is this why its not working the way its intended to?  If so, where should i install steam and Oblivion?

I try to use Wyre Bash but it dosent seem to work. i keep getting error messages and i realize that it may be because i installed both steam and Oblivion into the default location, which happens to be my program files.  Is this why its not working the way its intended to?  If so, where should i install steam and Oblivion?

Pretty much anywhere that isn't in Program Files.  I use \Games.

Pretty much anywhere that isn't in Program Files.  I use \Games.

So where did you install steam?  or did you install it into \Games?  I want to actually know what im doing so i dont screw anything up.  Id rather not have to do this to begin with but it seems i have no choice.

So where did you install steam?  or did you install it into \Games?  I want to actually know what im doing so i dont screw anything up.  Id rather not have to do this to begin with but it seems i have no choice.

Steam is in C:\Games\Steam, which results in Oblivion being in C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion.

Steam is in C:\Games\Steam, which results in Oblivion being in C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion.

Thanks for the help, now i can get Wyre to work right?  guess i have alot of un-installing and re-installing to take care of now!  at least i can start with a frsh Oblivion! XD

Thanks for the help, now i can get Wyre to work right?  guess i have alot of un-installing and re-installing to take care of now!  at least i can start with a frsh Oblivion! XD

Here's a thought, couldn't I simply moove the steam folder into \Games instead of having to re-install it?  If im correct that should be fine.

Here's a thought, couldn't I simply moove the steam folder into \Games instead of having to re-install it?  If im correct that should be fine.

You certainly can, but some games that require registry edits may not run right without rerunning the installation steps.

Safest way with minimal downloading would be this:

Create your new directory and inside it create Steam\steamapps

Move the common directory from your Program Files\Steam\steamapps to the new steamapps directory.

Uninstall and re-install Steam to the new location.

Now when you tell the fresh Steam to reinstall your games it will see the existing files, and just run the installer the first time which will make sure any registry issues are fixed.

You certainly can, but some games that require registry edits may not run right without rerunning the installation steps.

Safest way with minimal downloading would be this:

Create your new directory and inside it create Steam\steamapps

Move the common directory from your Program Files\Steam\steamapps to the new steamapps directory.

Uninstall and re-install Steam to the new location.

Now when you tell the fresh Steam to reinstall your games it will see the existing files, and just run the installer the first time which will make sure any registry issues are fixed.

and regarding the first step the new directory for me would be \Games\Steam\steamapps\common.

uninstall steam, re-install steam into \Games, the program will recognize the other folders also the common folder, it will add all the other required files needed withought harming the common folder. 

for the last step i run the installer for the games i have that require register numbers and the paths should be fixed by the installer.  is that correct in a nut shell?

• 2 weeks later...