CTD's everytime I try to load my game

ILove2Play

Hey guys,

I have a problem that is really annoying. I've installed all my mods (didn't play Skyrim for about a year and reinstalled it) and started a new game. I did all the configurations on the mods (which took like forever) and since one mod kept making problems and no other mod depended on that one, I saved, exited and deactivated that mod. Now when I want to load my game, I get a CTD. It works with a new game though. But it has nothing to do with the deactivated mod, since I reactivated it afterwards to see if that's the cause, but it still crashed. Somehow it's just when I'm loading a save, a new one works properly.

But all the MCMs take soooo long so I really don't want to start all over (and everytime I quit, too!)

I use Modorganizer and neither that nor FNIS reported any problems. The only thing that keeps popping up in MO is that the overwrite folder is full (which happens everytime I use FNIS, but I figured that wouldn't be the problem).

I really don't know what to do, I tried using LOOT seperately, but somehow it wouldn't show me my installed mods, just the basic esps and stuff.

Any ideas? Would be grateful for anything!

what mod was giving you problems? that you uninstalled

also, start a new game, do not create char, just hit r and save, once saved try to load the corrupted game, if it loads save it, exit out and try save game cleaner, you might have scripts baked into the save https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?, this is what i use

I have had issues in the past, similar to this, loading a save from a new game worked most of the time

I found out that it wasn't only one mod. I uninstalled some more mods which I thought could cause a problem and I made a new char but then loading didn't work again... I'm trying the Load Game CTD fixes now, let's see how this works. If it doesn't, I'll try your suggestion, flutie

thanks for the fast replies!

Edit: nothing worked.... even a new game would crash sometimes now... I guess I'll just have to uninstall most of the mods to see which one causes the crash...

This sounds like a footik problem...

Test the save by opening the console on the MAIN MENU where you select your save..  then type COC QASMOKE

Then try to load your game that crashes...   if it works then install this.... and you should be ok for the most part.

Install Load game CTD fix  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85443/?

Also install crash fixes for good measure. https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2551-crash-fixes/

Archived