[Modding Question] Different location problem

Otakadelic

Hi, I encountered a strange behavior, one object has displayed in different location.

While using Blender or LR Photo Studio, the object is on the tip of left nipple.

However, it appeared  a little bit different location while in game, middle of breasts with several inches away.

My first idea to solve this problem was Reset Object Rotation by Harry Palmer but already removed from his archive and couldn't try...

Please throw your thoughts, any small ideas could be a solution.

Thanks!

Editing-location.jpg

In-Game-location.jpg

As Squizzo said this is a weight paint problem, you need to weight paint your piercings on Breast Tips vertex group (Left and Right vertex group for left and right piercing ofc).

Export those meshes as .tmcmesh and replace them on their proper mesh slot in your TMC via Polygon Tool.

Here is the details of Transfer Weights on Blender.

Step1:

- Select source object(usually main body/skin).

-Then Shift+Right Click on destination object(usually one of cloths/accessories).

- The source object will be outlined by red color while the destination object will be outlined by orange color.

Spoiler

step1.thumb.jpg.f9ba83333448f68bcb086427da56e6d9.jpg

Step2:

- Switch to Weight Paint Mode.

- Click "Transfer Weights" button.

- I am using following options:

Disable Freeze Operator.

Select 'Vertex Group(s)' on Data Type.

Enable Create Data.

Select 'Nearest Face interpolated' on Vertex Mapping.

Disable Auto Transform.

Enable Object Transform.

Disable Only Neighbor Geometry.

Keep Ray Radius value. Use default value.

Select 'By Name' on Source Layers Selection.

Select 'All Layers' on Destination Layers Matc.

Select 'Replace' on Mix Mode.

Keep Mix Factor value. Use default value.

Spoiler

step2.thumb.jpg.da2bbb69fd1f7c54e3e261099da40d6e.jpg

That's it! I don't know why this setting works/can't explain each options but this is what I do. (Maybe, no, Highly Likely better setting  exists but this works for me).

Hope this will help!

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar experience when I transfer weights from main body to tightly fit groves. Not only odd shape it was like nasty bug. Maybe it is actually a bug caused by DOA5LR itself but anyhow we have to dealt with.

Usually weight transfer works fine with accessories like won't sink into body and/or stay on specific place. If you want to control clothes, then probably  have to take care of bones and weights, which I haven't conquer yet...

6 minutes ago, Otakadelic said:

I had a similar experience when I transfer weights from main body to tightly fit groves. Not only odd shape it was like nasty bug. Maybe it is actually a bug caused by DOA5LR itself but anyhow we have to dealt with.

Usually weight transfer works fine with accessories like won't sink into body and/or stay on specific place. If you want to control clothes, then probably  have to take care of bones and weights, which I haven't conquer yet...

you know way to Transfer Weights part obj, not transfer weights part got bug ???

What I want to say is "Transfer Weights" function which located on bottom of Weight Paint Menu, not referring general transferring weights. Sorry for confusion.

Please upload your TCL/TCML files somewhere and let us know your initial intention. Looking at your uploaded picture, I think this case is out of knowledge but lets see what I/we can do.

25 minutes ago, Otakadelic said:

What I want to say is "Transfer Weights" function which located on bottom of Weight Paint Menu, not referring general transferring weights. Sorry for confusion.

Please upload your TCL/TCML files somewhere and let us know your initial intention. Looking at your uploaded picture, I think this case is out of knowledge but lets see what I/we can do.

Desktop.rar

7 hours ago, Otakadelic said:

OK I found you converted Huchi's costume. The original Huchi's TMC/TMCL has unused bones and empty object slots.

I converted using Timmy's transformer then did little adjustments hope this is what you want. Still the costume needs adjustments but is up to you...

BEYEON_QIPAO4.7Z

i guess can cant use Transfer Weights method on huchi model, well gone take note about it

Archived