Apologies if this isn't the correct spot to ask for advice, but I am trying to find out if there is a way I can get a full body nude mod to work alongside another mod I am using. Nude mod I am using is "Nude Females (Bsearcy)" off the Kenshi nexus while the other mod is  "Women are always jacked" off the Steam workshop. Since the majority of nude mods I've dealt with remove most if not all muscle definition, and I lack whatever skills required to mod them back in manually, I tried to change up what body skins the nude mod picked in the hopes it would work via the FCS. However the closest I've gotten is in the pic below. From a distance it doesn't look all that bad, but when you get up close, it looks like they are wearing sheer chest bandages and flesh colored undies. The pro of this is that they change color to match the skin hue that any Greenlander or Scorchlander  female I use, but the chest looks weird with all the lines like she laid on top of some rolls of cloth and got permanent imprint. 

So is there either a mod that gives me the definition that I seek along with the full nude option, or is there something else I can do to rectify that issue? 

Greenlander.jpg

11 hours ago, kaistyle2 said:

Apologies if this isn't the correct spot to ask for advice, but I am trying to find out if there is a way I can get a full body nude mod to work alongside another mod I am using. Nude mod I am using is "Nude Females (Bsearcy)" off the Kenshi nexus while the other mod is  "Women are always jacked" off the Steam workshop. Since the majority of nude mods I've dealt with remove most if not all muscle definition, and I lack whatever skills required to mod them back in manually, I tried to change up what body skins the nude mod picked in the hopes it would work via the FCS. However the closest I've gotten is in the pic below. From a distance it doesn't look all that bad, but when you get up close, it looks like they are wearing sheer chest bandages and flesh colored undies. The pro of this is that they change color to match the skin hue that any Greenlander or Scorchlander  female I use, but the chest looks weird with all the lines like she laid on top of some rolls of cloth and got permanent imprint. 

So is there either a mod that gives me the definition that I seek along with the full nude option, or is there something else I can do to rectify that issue? 

Greenlander.jpg

I believe all you need to do is change the normal map (_n or _nm) file to the ones of the nude body you are using. From your picture it looks as if you have the texture layer of the naked body, but your using the vanilla normal map (which is a type of map that adds bumps, contours and the like). Try in the FCS directing your mod to the normal maps of the naked texture mod your using? I hope I am right and this helps you.

2 hours ago, MotokoKHammond said:

I believe all you need to do is change the normal map (_n or _nm) file to the ones of the nude body you are using. From your picture it looks as if you have the texture layer of the naked body, but your using the vanilla normal map (which is a type of map that adds bumps, contours and the like). Try in the FCS directing your mod to the normal maps of the naked texture mod your using? I hope I am right and this helps you.

So I just tried changing the jacked mod to use the nude map file and that took away all body definition. I then tried doing the reverse, but I am still left with what is in the picture I posted. It seems the jacked mod has to use the default muscle map in order for it to work.

1 hour ago, kaistyle2 said:

So I just tried changing the jacked mod to use the nude map file and that took away all body definition. I then tried doing the reverse, but I am still left with what is in the picture I posted. It seems the jacked mod has to use the default muscle map in order for it to work.

The reason it took away all definition is because the normal map is what gives the body the definition. You need a nude muscular normal map to go with the nude muscular body :S As I said Normal maps are what gives objects contours, bumps and the like, so if the muscular body mod your using does not have a "nude" normal map then you would need to create one or edit the vanilla one. 

You can try this normal maps.

Its basically original low res cannibal normal maps mixed with hands and feet from high res human normal maps (so fingers would be well defined. Muscles on the other hand won't be so prominent.)

You can edit normal maps in Photoshop by mixing parts of existing normal maps. For example add a layer with nude normal map without underwear and then use eraser, blur and blending options to create new muscular normal map without underwear. It takes time however to refine your new normal map and you would need to test it each time you edit it.

Note here that there is an alpha channel in every normal map! And it should be edited too and you can't replace existing alpha with RGB channels and vice versa. RGB can be mixed only with RGB and alpha only with alpha.

Kenshi Normal Maps.7z

On 9/25/2021 at 2:14 AM, kaistyle2 said:

Greenlander.jpg

try these drag them to Kenshi\data\character\skins not 100% sure where i got them from but it gives the ladies their muscles back it may even be the low res cannibal maps from above but i'm pretty sure i found these somewhere on the nexus maybe in a quote or forum somewhere.... nevermind checked the low res cannibal version above.... these are definately better. topic edit number 4 or 5 i have updated the list in my sig with all current stuff

human_female.7z

Edited by kaine3d
3 hours ago, Jessi Jinx said:

Personally I think they should be a lil darker/dirtier to blend a little better with the world, but that's my 2 cents.

Some are indeed too shiny/vivid, but I don't know what channel controls the color emission in the game.

I rarely ever use mods that adds clothing or armor that does not fit visually within the game world. Like, yeah, I like dressing the female characters all skimpy like, but if the clothes are bright and colorful when the world is brown and gritty, it just kills the immersion, at least to me. Much the same reason why I don't play with shiny latex bdsm gear in Skyrim.

Just my opinion. Kenshi has a lot of great mods for cool looking clothes and armor, but the fact that they just look either too colorful or too pristine, makes me not want to use them.

Edited by Lamadi
typpos
On 10/10/2021 at 7:31 PM, Lamadi said:

I rarely ever use mods that adds clothing or armor that does not fit visually within the game world. Like, yeah, I like dressing the female characters all skimpy like, but if the clothes are bright and colorful when the world is brown and gritty, it just kills the immersion, at least to me. Much the same reason why I don't play with shiny latex bdsm gear in Skyrim.

Just my opinion. Kenshi has a lot of great mods for cool looking clothes and armor, but the fact that they just look either too colorful or too pristine, makes me not want to use them.

I often take mods that have really vivid colour pallets & edit them myself for personal use, muting the colours abit & sometimes adding some grimyness :3 all it takes is some basic knowledge of photoshop or gimp, coupled with some experimentation to fit your personal taste.

12 hours ago, Kargrin said:

Hide contents

20211014213922_1.jpg.c3542ff2c05e3639ff28f3c96dbc7a75.jpg

succarmor4-1.png.23365f9f12637d55c8b912895b26dd31.png

Also something...

With the "skin armour" that sure would be harrowing to come across & perfect for some sort of cannibal queen playthrough. Would be pretty amazing if you made such a cannibal queen npc & had the armour as unique masterworks that have to be looted from her body, adding maybe a bounty & a location where her hoard lives & the like :3 Just a suggestion of course.

Very promising mods, I will keep checking this for updates, I didn't know LL had a dedicated modding community for Kenshi. I have so many hours in that game, it is one of my all time favorites, Kargrin you do amazing work and my fem fatales in Kenshi look forward to wearing what you make.

It's here baby:

20211017165911_1.jpg.9fe069e4beb1a9d719465e83fc5fa8d3.jpg
20211017165944_1.jpg.02ae834880f25538fa83b7a118c4cab0.jpg

20211017165821_1.jpg.4c664cd62e0c849b7b1e86ea582b092c.jpg

CammikaREedition.rar

Sgould have a new start: Wasteland Survivors,Pieces sold in the ninja shops/armor king and a Research.

Also a ps: Machine translated:

もしあなたが "jonijonikenshi"で、これを読んでいたら、あなたのキャラクターに使われているmodsを教えてもらえませんか?私にメッセージを送ってください。ありがとうございました。?

image.png.21cc7352e1b6ead41692eddcbbba562d.png

Edited by Kargrin
On 10/18/2021 at 7:41 PM, Kargrin said:

If youre seeing like pic below it is the original colors, no intention to change.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.d330839003f44277070a2e65fc264f3f.png

You can change the texture to your taste tho.

My version

Black lines I don't know what it will be :S

RobeColorEdit4.jpg

Edited by Codiciaf110