On 8/19/2021 at 8:12 AM, Codiciaf110 said:

Do you know if there is a mod to put pictures?

I would like everything to customize houses and town

Hang Paintings Allows you to well, hang paintings, if you wanted to get spicy lol you could also theoretically just replace the images with ones to your "taste" as long as they are formatted in the same way. An easy but blunt force way to do this is to open the .dds files in Gimp, and simply paste your new image over the top, orienting it however you like, then merging the visible layers, overwrite and hey presto. Now you can have pinups galore and more to your hearts content.  

Edited by MotokoKHammond

KENSHI-ALPHAMAPGUIDE.jpg.39fcb9291468286ac8d8ad1339626faf.jpg

11 hours ago, Azazellz said:

Normal maps.

Check channel order and colour inversion.

It is the normal map indeed. Since it's a race and not an armor texture(armors/races use different normal colors), my normal needs to be "GGG+R" / "RGB+shuffle" and Idk what that means =/

The normal map should be a mix of greyscale+ alpha, but the best I got with it was a glossy texture

texturenormal.png.b4f69d35928bd5f93c27e0ca107cd17e.png

Edited by Kargrin
7 hours ago, MotokoKHammond said:

Hang Paintings Allows you to well, hang paintings, if you wanted to get spicy lol you could also theoretically just replace the images with ones to your "taste" as long as they are formatted in the same way. An easy but blunt force way to do this is to open the .dds files in Gimp, and simply paste your new image over the top, orienting it however you like, then merging the visible layers, overwrite and hey presto. Now you can have pinups galore and more to your hearts content.  

What kind of pervert do you think I am? I like human anatomy for science nothing more

Modified the textures in the texture folder but the result is black squares ... I thought it would be easier

I use Paint.net

hjikqhoi.jpg.cf6d2daa5dca2871492848bfa354caeb.jpg

Edited by Codiciaf110

Normal maps for bodies looks like this:

Spoiler

0.jpg.bd61154e3848758cacb7ca923211516c.jpg

1.jpg.a8dda3830c42c6bfedb73d0bf24ef227.jpg

As you can see RGB and Alpha shows different picture. RGB here responsible for shading when a character illuminated from the top while Alpha responsible for shading when a character illuminated from the side. Naturally if either of them simply gray or the same or mismatched you would have a shading problem.

6 hours ago, Codiciaf110 said:

What kind of pervert do you think I am? I like human anatomy for science nothing more

Modified the textures in the texture folder but the result is black squares ... I thought it would be easier

I use Paint.net

hjikqhoi.jpg.cf6d2daa5dca2871492848bfa354caeb.jpg

I don't use Paint.net, but could it be that it's not compiling the .DDS file correctly? I specifically use Gimp & Photoshop with .DDS patch framework added, then its just a matter of hey prestoing some copy & pasta work, and Overwriting the file in it's base format rather then exporting it or saving it as a new file.

11 hours ago, Kargrin said:

"GGG+R"

"Green Green Green + Red"

You just take the Red channel from the default normal and place it in the Alpha channel. Then you copy the Green channel to Red and Blue. And save the results. Use GIMP or Photoshop for this, IIRC Paint.Net don't handle channels properly.

This usually works, but sometimes you need to invert the green or red channel to match the Kenshi scheme. Because different games use different normal map formats and channels.

If you made a mistake somewhere, it will be visible in the game. The shadows on the character that appear due to the normals will not match the direction of the light.

Hello.

I would like to make an alternative to the peeler. A machine where you put characters in but instead of peeling their skin off it would punch them in the stomach/chest area.

Would like to know how hard it would be to make a mod like this and where to start?

Thanks.

8 hours ago, Jojow64 said:

Hello.

I would like to make an alternative to the peeler. A machine where you put characters in but instead of peeling their skin off it would punch them in the stomach/chest area.

Would like to know how hard it would be to make a mod like this and where to start?

Thanks.

Maybe @Rushded could help you out on page 9 he made a Toughness Trainer that shares similar properties to what you are after.

12 hours ago, MotokoKHammond said:

I don't use Paint.net, but could it be that it's not compiling the .DDS file correctly? I specifically use Gimp & Photoshop with .DDS patch framework added, then its just a matter of hey prestoing some copy & pasta work, and Overwriting the file in it's base format rather then exporting it or saving it as a new file.

Thanks it works! Using GIMP 2 I was able to change pictures.museum.jpg.2ad43494d6ce5ec3d33a9fee3d8a27c8.jpg

23 hours ago, Azazellz said:

"Green Green Green + Red"

You just take the Red channel from the default normal and place it in the Alpha channel. Then you copy the Green channel to Red and Blue. And save the results. Use GIMP or Photoshop for this, IIRC Paint.Net don't handle channels properly.

This usually works, but sometimes you need to invert the green or red channel to match the Kenshi scheme. Because different games use different normal map formats and channels.

If you made a mistake somewhere, it will be visible in the game. The shadows on the character that appear due to the normals will not match the direction of the light.

Thats the stuff, thanks! Used color mixer to make every channel green 1.0 or decompose ->recompose

Also my try at the armors from the mobile game:

The weights are wonky as hell though, I can't just copy from Kenshi's body, the hands won't close to grab weapons (guess I'm missing shape keys?)

There are two new game starts and one new Npc in the Hub's bar

CMKilling Time mod is required for some animations

2B Modified.rar

20210826113305_1.jpg.2c496503f40fb7f42a857d95f2e617b0.jpg

20210826214158_1.jpg.181eae586d691dea7917cb035db0721e.jpg

6 hours ago, Kargrin said:

Thats the stuff, thanks! Used color mixer to make every channel green 1.0 or decompose ->recompose

Also my try at the armors from the mobile game:

The weights are wonky as hell though, I can't just copy from Kenshi's body, the hands won't close to grab weapons (guess I'm missing shape keys?)

There are two new game starts and one new Npc in the Hub's bar

CMKilling Time mod is required for some animations

2B Modified.rar 48.9 MB · 3 downloads

Hide contents

20210826113305_1.jpg.2c496503f40fb7f42a857d95f2e617b0.jpg

20210826214158_1.jpg.181eae586d691dea7917cb035db0721e.jpg

2 2B appear to me, one beautiful and the other Horrifying.

the awful one works for me without problems.
The beautiful one crashes me when talking to her

crash1.png

4 hours ago, Codiciaf110 said:

2 2B appear to me, one beautiful and the other Horrifying.

the awful one works for me without problems.
The beautiful one crashes me when talking to her

crash1.png

Fixed the head issue, looking on the crash, idk what's the problem

12 hours ago, Kargrin said:

guess I'm missing shape keys?

Nope.

Shape keys are only used to customize the face (and Sheks horns, including body horns).

At least in vanilla.

In mods, you can also use them to change the body complitelly, but they do not work with armor. so that means clipping.

Just try changing the geometry of your model to be as close to the original body as possible.

• 2 weeks later...