View File

This mod simply removes the random comments NPCs make about the player if he/she is naked.

As someone currently doing a Devious Devices/Devious Cursed Loot playthrough it seemed a bit odd that the NPCs were constantly acting shocked at my player being naked. As if the sight of a nude slave girl would be all that unusual in the twisted version of Skyrim those fetish mods create (especially being so many of those same NPCs will happily encourage the situation a moment later when spoken to...). So I made this quick mod to shut them up.

INSTALLATION:

Just install which ever version of the ESP file you prefer in Skyrim's /Data folder. You only need one. The versions are:

- All: The NPCs will not make vanilla comments about either gender player being naked.
- Female: The NPCs will not make vanilla comments about a female player being naked.
- Male: The NPCs will not make vanilla comments about a male player being naked.

WILL IT WORK WITH SKYRIM SPECIAL EDITION?:

I haven't tested that, but unless they replaced the original dialog quest object for naked comments I can't see why it wouldn't.

CREDITS:

Just me. This is a very simple mod that only took about 5 minutes to create :P

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/02/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    none
  • Special Edition Compatible

Lol :lol:

There was already a mod like this on the nexus:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13050/?tab=1&navtag=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D13050%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Don't get me wrong. I always welcome more mods and it only took 5 minutes to do so hey.

I figured a mod like this already existed but when I searched around both the Nexus and this site I couldn't find one (The Nexus search engine has been trolling me a lot recently :P )

So, meh, was easy to create and now both sites have this type of mod.

Lol :lol:

There was already a mod like this on the nexus:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13050/?tab=1&navtag=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D13050%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Don't get me wrong. I always welcome more mods and it only took 5 minutes to do so hey.

I figured a mod like this already existed but when I searched around both the Nexus and this site I couldn't find one (The Nexus search engine has been trolling me a lot recently :P )

So, meh, was easy to create and now both sites have this type of mod.

Cool.

I don't know about this one, but the one on nexus, I have tried to use, and it works okay, but as i recall I ran into some mods that seek out the naked comments Event, and use it to start some things in there Mod.

I know D-plus did at one time use it to start a rape of the PC, but I think that has been taken out, now, but I don't know for sure.

I for get which one's, but and easy toggle in the MCM would make this a more viable or useful item, so if it was needed, just toggle it off.. I stopped using the one at Nexus because of this problem, but I can not remember if the Nexus one had, and MCM off switch.

I don't remember it having one, so that might be a useful addition if you did not install that Option, or just a simple spell to toggle the Event Catch, could also work.

I don't know about this one, but the one on nexus, I have tried to use, and it works okay, but as i recall I ran into some mods that seek out the naked comments Event, and use it to start some things in there Mod.

I know D-plus did at one time use it to start a rape of the PC, but I think that has been taken out, now, but I don't know for sure.

I for get which one's, but and easy toggle in the MCM would make this a more viable or useful item, so if it was needed, just toggle it off.. I stopped using the one at Nexus because of this problem, but I can not remember if the Nexus one had, and MCM off switch.

I don't remember it having one, so that might be a useful addition if you did not install that Option, or just a simple spell to toggle the Event Catch, could also work.

Well any mod that uses the naked comments as a stepping stone would overwrite my mod by default (or vice-versa). The naked comments are linked to a "quest" object. The only way to alter them is to replace the entire quest object, so there's no real way to have multiple mods that alter the naked comments installed at the same time, sorry.

Well any mod that uses the naked comments as a stepping stone would overwrite my mod by default (or vice-versa). The naked comments are linked to a "quest" object. The only way to alter them is to replace the entire quest object, so there's no real way to have multiple mods that alter the naked comments installed at the same time, sorry.

I was saying that some mods look for the Event, ( they do not change it, they just use it ), if the event does not happen, then those mod's, will have a part that does not work.

Having and option to allow the event also could be very useful, or rather to be able to enable your mod, or disable it.

• 1 year later...

Since no one has done this yet, THANK YOU for your valuable, needed creation. Not many people could have whipped this up in 5 minutes. I assume it took years of knowledge, so 5 minutes plus however long it took you to learn how to actually create a mod. Don't short-sell yourself. Thank you.

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, ChillCat said:

Is there a way to do the opposite of this mod? allowing nude comments even if some biped slots are filled? I have tried doing it myself and I can't find any mods that do it.

The quest that drives the naked comments (WICommentNaked) just checks to see if the player isn't wearing anything with the ArmorCuirass or ClothingBody keywords (and with the unofficial patches, if the NPC is wearing something with one of those keywords). You can change that very easily in xEdit - create an override of the WICommentNaked quest and in that override, remove the "Target.WornHasKeyword" checks.

I personally have it modified so that it checks against the sla_Naked faction instead, for the sake of consistency (if I set an armor for Sexlab Aroused to treat an armor as being naked, NPCs will call my character out as being naked while wearing it).

On 10/12/2020 at 10:56 PM, chaimhewast said:

The quest that drives the naked comments (WICommentNaked) just checks to see if the player isn't wearing anything with the ArmorCuirass or ClothingBody keywords (and with the unofficial patches, if the NPC is wearing something with one of those keywords). You can change that very easily in xEdit - create an override of the WICommentNaked quest and in that override, remove the "Target.WornHasKeyword" checks.

I personally have it modified so that it checks against the sla_Naked faction instead, for the sake of consistency (if I set an armor for Sexlab Aroused to treat an armor as being naked, NPCs will call my character out as being naked while wearing it).

Thank you! I couldn't find any resources pointing towards what actually does the checks for that, all I could find was one of the keywords related to it. This is exactly what I was hoping to learn.

• 10 months later...
13 hours ago, TubbyFatfrick said:

Yeah... About that...

RIP.PNG

Who could have imagined content being deleted almost 4 years later? On a less than sarcastic note sorry the file is gone. Still could have built on it or optimized it in some way while it was still up. As is standard coding practice.