Merging Plugins

AgentCarolina

I want to make sure my fallout never has issues like rising above 135 plugins active. Usually, this happens because I download mods and then compatibilityĀ files.

I've heard I can merge More Perks and all it's files, but how about armors? What can and can't i merge, and what SHOULDN"T i merge.

You can in reality merge anything, however, you would have to go in and fix the issues that arrise and requires much more understanding and work on your part.

Ā 

To answer your question, you likely could merge those compatibility patches for various mods that are required. However, you really need to be sure that each part is exactly what is needed. In other words if you are merging MODXYZ v2.5 and the patch is for MODXYZ v2.4 you will likely have issues.

Ā 

You can merge those armor and weapons pack provided that you don't have any scripts attached to them. Depending on your skill you might be even able to merge companion mods (again depending on the level of complexity that they present)

Ā 

However, you SHOULD NEVER MERGE SEXOUT OR SEXOUT RELATED MODS.Ā  This if i remember correctly even came from the original developer of Sexout. It is one of those things if you could do it... you'd not need to ask how or if you could ;)

Ā 

Merging mods are nothing more than combining records properly, so in essence you can merge almost any mod in any combination together. ;) However, like I stated above it requires more and more knowledge and work. Lets not forget if someone updates that mod... you would have to recreate that merge again.

Ā 

Off topic from your comment however somewhat related. Some can get above the "135" records. The "limit" is the same for Fallout 3, NV, Skyrim etc (max) the issue is when you add mods, you are altering the game. As you alter the game you create stress on the system causing problems. It is the nature of modding. Just because you can merge some mods together doesn't mean you could start combining 100's of mods and still be fine. You will run into your "personal plugin limit" (the # of mods that you can run which can vary depending on scripts etc) and your "personal textures limit" (the number or sizing of textures you can run before having those act up.

Ā 

On a personal note, I have had > 150 or more mods installed without any issues. I was careful and fully testing them as I developed my mod list. Most were simple armors and other simple mods and a few more complex mods to add flavor to the game. So you can go above but for some it is very difficult. Some have to make modifications to the .ini in order better optimize the game. The 135 limit is more present on modern computers with muiticore and modern graphics cards as oppose to older fast single core machines believe it or not.

Ā 

In any case I haven't yet had the requirement ot merge any mods for my personal game usage. For me it was far more important and beneficial creating a well crafted mod list with compatible mods than to start merging.

Ā 

Hope that helps.

GameMode=FalloutNV
Ā 
FalloutNV.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
New Vegas Redesigned 3.esm=1
Bitter Springs Redesigned.esp=1
Casa Madrid Redesigned.esp=1
Gomorrah Redesigned v2.esp=1
Caliber.esm=1
CaliberXhonesthearts.esm=1
CaliberXgunrunners.esm=1
Project Nevada - Core.esm=1
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp=1
JIP Selective-Fire.esm=1
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm=1
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.esm=1
DragsVGUArmorBase.esm=1
Advanced Recon Tech.esm=1
Detect Traps.esm=1
AWOPDeadMoney.esm=1
Ahzteks Weapon Overhaul.esp=1
oHUD.esm=1
YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm=1
SomeguySeries.esm=1
NVWillow.esp=1
Niner.esm=1
More Traits.esm=1
More Perks for Companions.esm=1
More Perks.esm=1
More Perks for Old World Blues.esm=1
More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm=1
More Perks for Dead Money.esm=1
IWR.esm=1
Ahzteks Impact Data (Optional).esp=1
Ahzteks Muzzle Flashes (Optional).esp=1
JIP Companions Command & Control.esp=1
Distributed Necklaces and Chains.esp=1
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp=1
ADAM Complete.esp=1
ADAM - MERGE.esp=1
Equipment Restoration Project.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp=1
Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp=1
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp=1
WeaponModsExpanded.esp=1
Project Nevada - WMX.esp=1
WMX-POPMerged.esp=1
WMX-ModernWeapons.esp=1
WMX-DLCMerged.esp=1
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Honest.Hearts.Grunt.Patch.esp=1
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Leveled.Lists.esp=1
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp=1
WMX-EVE-AllDLCMerged.esp=1
Drags20ArmorPack.esp=1
Equipment Restoration Project - WRP.esp=1
Readius_NV.esp=1
Boacombat2glove.esp=1
boa ncrpahelmet.esp=1
Scarred Race.esp=1
1nivVSLArmors.esp=1
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp=1
Tutorial Killer.esp=1
2HandedSmgs.esp=1
Advanced Recon Tech.esp=1
Advanced Recon Gear.esp=1
Detect Traps - Traponator 4000.esp=1
Detect Traps - Perk.esp=1
Advanced Recon Patches.esp=1
Better Pickup Prompt.esp=1
bzArmour.esp=1
Equipment Restoration Project - EVE.esp=1
christinecos.esp=1
MalehairpackNV.esp=1
CCSP2_5d.esp=1
CCSP2_5c_WMXc.esp=1
DMHO.esp=1
GRA-WRP-Patch-Two_Unofficial.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp=1
theHeroNV_1.1.esp=1
FCO - GlowingOne.esp=1
GUN Reload Sounds.esp=1
ImmersiveRecoil.esp=1
JIP Realistic Weapon Overheating.esp=1
1nivPNSLPatch.esp=1
MoreBeardAndMoustacheStyles.esp=1
New Vegas Redesigned 3.esp=1
nvis.esp=1
47 ENB Weather.esp=1
BoomersGoBoom.esp=1
NCROverhaul.esp=1
TheLegionWillRyse.esp=1
HairPatcher.esp=1
IMPACT.esp=1
IMPACT-POPMerged.esp=1
IMPACT-WMX-DLCMerged.esp=1
IMPACT-WMX.esp=1
IMPACT-WMX-POPMerged.esp=1
IMPACT-WMX-ModernWeapons.esp=1
IMPACT-Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.esp=1
A Better Veronica.esp=1
YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp=1
YUP + EVE + IMPACT.esp=1
WeaponJamming.esp=1
XFO - 4bb - Perks - Two per level.esp=1
ShilohDS-Color Maps and Icons.esp=1
Alternative Start.esp=1
Geonox_Riot_Armor.esp=1
Noveske.esp=1
MoreNiner.esp=1
More Traits Update.esp=1
More Perks for Old World Blues Update.esp=1
More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp=1
More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp=1
More Perks for Companions Update.esp=1
More Perks Update.esp=1
CCO - Ulysses Companion.esp=1
JGrahamCompanion.esp=1
IWR - Rebuilt.esp=1
FOVSlider.esp=1
DogGodFollower.esp=1
delilah.esp=1
ChristineFollower.esp=1
Delay DLC - DM + HH + OWB + LR + GRA.esp=1
CASM with MCM.esp=1
CAGE 1.9.3.2.esp=1
AK12Family.esp=1
AUG-A3.esp=1
3DNPC_HopeLies.esp=1
SPECWeapons.esp=1
Reload Sounds.esp=1
Better Burned Man.esp=1
BetterBurnedMan - JGrahamCompanion Patch.esp=1
No Ammo Weight.esp=1
FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp=1
Ā 

Current load order, Ā 144 mods

First note I would say is. Try to do small merges. I made a selection of stuff that could be merged together, but it's not necessary to make it 1 merge per category. Just make sure that the subselection of merges you make, have no dependency over the other, and don't override values of another merge, within the same subsection. Making small merges makes it easier the remove a mod you don't like and recreate the merge without the removed mod.

Ā 

Ā 

Specifically for the More-Perks mods.

I believe I read a comment that you can use the 'More Perks Merged' section of https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44204/? without using the rest of NVEC.

That would reduces the ones below to 1 esm

More Traits.esm=1. More Perks for Companions.esm=1, More Perks.esm=1. More Perks for Old World Blues.esm=1, More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm=1, More Perks for Dead Money.esm=1,Ā  More Traits Update.esp=1, More Perks for Old World Blues Update.esp=1, More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp=1, More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp=1, More Perks for Companions Update.esp=1, More Perks Update.esp=1

Ā 

Ā 

Merges you might be able to make:

Caliber Merged.esmĀ  (if no other mod than the ones listed requires Caliber)

Caliber.esm=1, CaliberXhonesthearts.esm=1, CaliberXgunrunners.esm=1

Outfit pack (Note that I don't know all these mods and I'm assuming these are *simple* outfits, without big quests/dialogs etc, and that these are all the *simple* outfit mods) And I assume these aren't required by other mods.

Ā DragsVGUArmorBase.esm=1, Distributed Necklaces and Chains.esp=1, Drags20ArmorPack.esp=1, Boacombat2glove.esp=1, boa ncrpahelmet.esp=1, 1nivVSLArmors.esp=1, 1nivPNSLPatch.esp=1,Ā  bzArmour.esp=1, Geonox_Riot_Armor.esp=1, Advanced Recon Tech.esp=1, Advanced Recon Gear.esp=1

Small Weapon Mods (Again I don't know most of thse mods. So remove mods from this set that have quests/dialog attached to them, or are required by other mods)

Ā 2HandedSmgs.esp=1, GUN Reload Sounds.esp=1, ImmersiveRecoil.esp=1, JIP Realistic Weapon Overheating.esp=1, WeaponJamming.esp=1, AK12Family.esp=1, AUG-A3.esp=1, SPECWeapons.esp=1, Reload Sounds.esp=1, No Ammo Weight.esp=1

Follower/Face/Race mods (I''m not sure you have ALL the components of all mods correctly installed, as I'm missing Fallout Character Overhaul and Interesting NPC's). I'm also not sure you have all compatibility patches for the follower mods installed

Bitter Springs Redesigned.esp=1, Casa Madrid Redesigned.esp=1, Gomorrah Redesigned v2.esp=1, NVWillow.esp=1 (This one could give issues, but I've managed to merge it in the past), Scarred Race.esp=1, christinecos.esp=1, MalehairpackNV.esp=1, FCO - GlowingOne.esp=1(Where is the rest of Fallout Character Overhaul??), MoreBeardAndMoustacheStyles.esp=1, New Vegas Redesigned 3.esp=1, A Better Veronica.esp=1, CCO - Ulysses Companion.esp=1, JGrahamCompanion.esp=1, DogGodFollower.esp=1, delilah.esp=1, ChristineFollower.esp=1, 3DNPC_HopeLies.esp=1 (Where is the rest of Interesting NPC's???), Better Burned Man.esp=1, BetterBurnedMan - JGrahamCompanion Patch.esp=1

Minor Gameplay mods

Tutorial Killer.esp=1, BoomersGoBoom.esp=1, ShilohDS-Color Maps and Icons.esp=1, Delay DLC - DM + HH + OWB + LR + GRA.esp=1, CAGE 1.9.3.2.esp=1, FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp=1, 47 ENB Weather.esp=1

Compatibility-Merges (Again I don't know most of thse mods. So remove mods from this set that have quests/dialog attached to them, or are required by other mods)

AWOPDeadMoney.esm=1, Ahzteks Impact Data (Optional).esp=1, Ahzteks Muzzle Flashes (Optional).esp=1, ADAM - MERGE.esp=1, Project Nevada - All DLC.esp=1, , Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp=1, Project Nevada - WMX.esp=1, WMX-POPMerged.esp=1, WMX-ModernWeapons.esp=1, WMX-DLCMerged.esp=1, Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Honest.Hearts.Grunt.Patch.esp=1, Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Leveled.Lists.esp=1, WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp=1, WMX-EVE-AllDLCMerged.esp=1, Equipment Restoration Project - WRP.esp=1,Ā  Detect Traps - Traponator 4000.esp=1, Detect Traps - Perk.esp=1, Advanced Recon Patches.esp=1, Equipment Restoration Project - EVE.esp=1, CCSP2_5d.esp=1, CCSP2_5c_WMXc.esp=1, GRA-WRP-Patch-Two_Unofficial.esp=1,Ā  IMPACT-POPMerged.esp=1, IMPACT-WMX-DLCMerged.esp=1, IMPACT-WMX.esp=1, IMPACT-WMX-POPMerged.esp=1, IMPACT-WMX-ModernWeapons.esp=1, IMPACT-Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.esp=1, YUP + EVE + IMPACT.esp=1, IWR - Rebuilt.esp=1

Ā 

Because most merged mods should be loaded at the end of the load order, it's a general rule to not merge ESM's, unless they have their own specific section, and no (merged) mods overwriting their values later on.

Ā 

MODS YOU SHOULD NOT MERGE!!!

Ā These should be hign in the load order, to be overwritten by anything that wants to overrride this:

FNV, DLC, , YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm=1, YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp=1

GUI Stuff

Any of the Project Nevada stuff, JIP's stuff,Ā  oHUD.esm=1, The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1, , The Weapon Mod Menu.esp=1, HairPatch

Required by too many mods

New Vegas Redesigned 3.esm=1, SomeguySeries.esm=1, Advanced Recon Tech.esm=1, Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.esm=1, Detect Traps.esm=1, Ahzteks Weapon Overhaul.esp=1, EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp=1, ADAM Complete.esp=1, WeaponModsExpanded.esp=1, IMPACT.esp=1,
er.esp=1, CASM with MCM.esp=1.

Mod too big to safely merge

DMHO.esp=1, NCROverhaul.esp=1, TheLegionWillRyse.esp=1, Alternative Start.esp=1,Ā  (Fallout Character Overhaul), (Interesting NPC's)

!!!!!BREAK WHEN BEING MERGED!!!!!

New Vegas Redesigned 3.esm=1, Niner.esm=1, MoreNiner.esp=1, (FCO-Miner.esp), Readius_NV.esp=1, dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp=1, XFO - 4bb - Perks - Two per level.esp=1

Ā 

Other than that there are several mods I don't know anything about, or even guess what they would do. I don't know if these can be merged or not

IWR.esm=1, Equipment Restoration Project.esp=1, Better Pickup Prompt.esp=1, theHeroNV_1.1.esp=1, nvis.esp=1, Noveske.esp=1, FOVSlider.esp=1

Ā 

*** Edit.

If Merge Plugins says you can't merge, don't try to merge them.

And after every merge you make, test it, before making the next merge. And test it on a new game. pre-merge save games will be broken by these merges.

Ā 

*** Edit 2

Even if LOOT / BOSS / Other load order organizer moves the merged mod higher in the loadorder, move the mod as low as possbile, ( before the Batched-patch from Wrye Flash if you have that)

Archived