[8-31-12 update] ZaZ Gags

Sorry for the delay.

Anyways, I'm attaching two nifs (in ZIP format) to replace the original ones. Just overwrite your old nifs. The ballgag one isn't to different than what I originally did, but just to make it fresh, the ball itself is a bit bigger than my first attempt.

As for the ringgag, I did what I could. The size and positioning is about the best I can do. Once again, all credit to Mastercchris and all those much more skilled than myself who created the originals. Screenshots are attached in no particular order (should be pretty self explanitory, you can see the clipping on the larger original version of the ringag in one of the pics).

I'll start working on the edits for Mayatola.

NOTE: Suggestions and comments are welcome. I'm considering creating a "lol xbox hueg" ballgag nif, even though that's not particularly to my taste.

Looks really good! On my character, there's only a minor clipping problem. Selecting a different mouth shape makes it go away. Not sure if it's possible to make something fitting for all types, soo.. I guess it's a tradeoff.

Hmmm, so, I spawned the Maya NPC, failed miserably to get the shout animation to apply to the gag. So, I just initiated dialog until the mouth was about where I wanted, then locked her into place.

I ended up with the following screenshots. I can tell the face has different proportions, but I can't understand why it lines up for me. At this point, if Mayatola is still having issues, there isn't much I can do to help besides getting off my lazy ass and doing a quick explanation on how to move stuff around in Nifskope.

On the other hand... I smell burgers. Dinner time. Have fun guys.

I hope you don't mind but I updated the esp to make all the gags craftable and improvable.

If you search zaz in the creation kit you'll see the recipe files with the same naming convention as the items. They can be found under 'Misc' in the crafting dialogue on the blacksmith's forge.

I made the recipes up from the look of the items :

Ball Gag :

Create : 1 Firewood, 3 Leather Strips

Improve : 1 Firewood, 1 Leather Strip

Ring Gag :

Create : 1 Iron Ingot, 3 Leather Strips

Improve : 1 Iron Ingot, 1 Leather Strip

Bit Gag 1 :

Create : 1 Firewood, 2 Leather Strips

Improve : 1 Firewood, 1 Leather Strip

Bit Gag 2 :

Create : 1 Firewood, 1 Iron Ingot, 3 Leather Strips

Improve : 1 Firewood, 1 Iron Ingot, 1 Leather Strip

When I first opened the esp in the CK I got this warning :

MASTERFILE: Armor 'ZaZRingGag' (010012CC) used invalid Biped Object slot 55 for race 'NordRace'.

Not sure if it's relevant to you or if it's a problem

EDIT : Taking my link down down it's been updated in the master file :)

When I first opened the esp in the CK I got this warning :

MASTERFILE: Armor 'ZaZRingGag' (010012CC) used invalid Biped Object slot 55 for race 'NordRace'.

Not sure if it's relevant to you or if it's a problem

If my edits were a problem let me know and I'll take the file down.

CK will always display warnings if you don't use the common Biped Object Slots, but it isn't an error and it shouldn't be a problem.

This is kind of derailing the thread, but it's possible to dodge the problem with fitting by just making a gag which covers.

tumblr_lcwbz1WaZe1qbovixo1_400.jpg

I can't create armors, and I'm doing a lot of other things right now. Otherwise I'd learn how and try to make one myself. If anyone has any good tutorials on making armor (from scratch?) please send them my way, and I'll see what I can put together.

I can't create armors' date=' and I'm doing a lot of other things right now. Otherwise I'd learn how and try to make one myself. If anyone has any good tutorials on making armor (from scratch?) please send them my way, and I'll see what I can put together.

[/quote']

For 3ds max, best tutorials by Nightasy -> http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19249 , don't need any previous knowledge of 3ds max to understand his tutorial

I can't create armors' date=' and I'm doing a lot of other things right now. Otherwise I'd learn how and try to make one myself. If anyone has any good tutorials on making armor (from scratch?) please send them my way, and I'll see what I can put together.

[/quote']

For 3ds max, best tutorials by Nightasy -> http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19249 , don't need any previous knowledge of 3ds max to understand his tutorial

Thanks! I'll look at this and see what I can do. Some many ideas, and so little time ...

Huge thanks guys for all the work in updating the gags. I updated the OP to link to your attachments and removed the old update. Credited CaptainChaos and Mastercchris for the fixes and pds123 for the crafting/temper .esp update. Thank you again!

xaz, thanks for testing, and the cover gag is a great idea! I'm also going through the Nightasy tutorials (around video 15 atm) and really enjoying it!

Also, CaptainChaos, the fix looks great as it is. Here's a full size shot of the gag lineup:

attachment.php?aid=15008

Brief description:

Sera: rope gag, vanilla head mesh

Keila: ball gag, vanilla head mesh

Maya: ball gag, RANs head mesh

Irina: ring gag, vanilla head mesh

Lena: ring gag, RANs head mesh

Nina: ring gag, RANs head mesh

Vyliana: bit gag, vanilla head mesh

So now, if anything, the bit gag and rope gag seem to be slightly off since the other gags look so good. Great job, and thanks again!

This is kind of derailing the thread' date=' but it's possible to dodge the problem with fitting by just making a gag which covers.[/quote']Why YES. Yes it is possible.

Jammer and Cyanure (as part of the J/C pleasure Factory mod) included some gags (that I played with in nifskope a bit). The problem is, they pulled the mod (although there's a link still somewhere on the forum) so I would barely even be comfortable posting the nifs.

I hope you don't mind but I updated the esp to make all the gags craftable and improvable.

Nah dude. Roll hard.

Looks really good! On my character' date=' there's only a minor clipping problem. Selecting a different mouth shape makes it go away. Not sure if it's possible to make something fitting for all types, soo.. I guess it's a tradeoff.

[/quote']It will be a tradeoff, but I'll get around to making a smaller ballgag nif for your use (or you can just use the original ballgag nif I modded). It will be up to someone else to create different equippable versions of the gags because I am one lazy bastard.

This is kind of derailing the thread' date=' but it's possible to dodge the problem with fitting by just making a gag which covers.[/quote']Why YES. Yes it is possible.

Jammer and Cyanure (as part of the J/C pleasure Factory mod) included some gags (that I played with in nifskope a bit). The problem is, they pulled the mod (although there's a link still somewhere on the forum) so I would barely even be comfortable posting the nifs.

Nah dude. Roll hard.

Looks really good! On my character' date=' there's only a minor clipping problem. Selecting a different mouth shape makes it go away. Not sure if it's possible to make something fitting for all types, soo.. I guess it's a tradeoff.

[/quote']It will be a tradeoff, but I'll get around to making a smaller ballgag nif for your use (or you can just use the original ballgag nif I modded).

It will be up to someone else to create different equippable versions of the gags because I am one lazy bastard.

I was thinking about doing this and including all of the updates into a new main file. But then I need to copy all the crafting recipes and update the scripts to work with the new gags. I don't mind doing it, but it'll probably require everyone make a clean save and lose their gags (think you always need to do this when you update scripts). I don't think that should be a big deal for anyone that wants the updates conveniently packaged together.

Just let me know when you are done making all the modifications because I only really want to do this once :P

Oh yes, and damn, I love that they have leather blindfolds. I'm going to PM and see if we can use. *crossing fingers*

Just let me know when you are done making all the modifications because I only really want to do this once :P
Yea' date=' that's no problem. I'm thinking like 3 sizes for the ballgag, the smallest of which I'm posting for xaz to try out to correct his clipping problem. The last one is going to be a "lol huge" one that will sit outside the mouth a fair amount. The issue is going to be avoiding clipping on the lip.

All that said, we could work up exactly how many gag of each size we wanted, put them all into the CK with scripts and the ability to craft, then deal with any changes to the nifs later because they are really just drop in edits (you could just insert the same nif for every gag until you worked everything out).

In fact, one thing I fucking love about Skyrim is that the game doesn't lock the file or preload them. It loads meshes on a needed basis and dumps them out of memory immediately. This has made positioning on these gags immensly easier (would be even easier if Skyrim had true windowed fullscreen support) as I can overwrite the nif and just remaximize Skyrim.

Oh yes, and damn, I love that they have leather blindfolds. I'm going to PM and see if we can use. *crossing fingers*

I got plans for those gags, but I didn't want to waste a bunch of time on something that might never see the light of day.

As for the attachments, this is about as small as I want to get with the gag, and I've done what I can to find a "middle ground" when it comes to positioning. Hopefully, this smaller gag will work for pretty much any humanoid face, whereas the larger ones will have issues no matter what I do depending on where your PCs mouth is positioned.

EDIT: I don't know if this even needs to be said: I reserve no rights to anything I've created. I consider all said rights to apply to MastercChris and GSB. Provided they don't care, you can do whatever the Hell you want with anything I've "created." Credit me if you want, I don't care, but I do ask that you credit the actual creators of the original content I modded (I already mentioned them).

The only thing missing will now be models for the inventory menu. I'll have a look when I get time to see if it's easy to do.

I made working weapons of all the crops and stuff from the resources and that was easy to do which is also where I learned how to make them craftable. The armor and clothing dialogue is different so I didn't mess with it in case I broke something.

I tested the smaller ballgag and the clipping problem is still there. Though I noticed that the problem is there for the other gags as well. So I guess the real problem is clipping with internal face geometry (teeth and such) due to the expression change. My eyebrows clip too, so, ...

Not sure what I can do about it, though, but I'll see if there's a fix available.

On the plus side, this means that maybe there's no need to create multiple sizes of gags, since it would appear that they fit after all?

I tested the smaller ballgag and the clipping problem is still there. Though I noticed that the problem is there for the other gags as well. So I guess the real problem is clipping with internal face geometry (teeth and such) due to the expression change. My eyebrows clip too' date=' so, ...

Not sure what I can do about it, though, but I'll see if there's a fix available.

On the plus side, this means that maybe there's no need to create multiple sizes of gags, since it would appear that they fit after all?

[/quote']

That's good to hear :) I mean, crappy, but there isn't much else we can do on our end.

I still would like to add stuff if possible if I get permission though. Hopefully.

That's good to hear :) I mean' date=' crappy, but there isn't much else we can do on our end.

I still would like to add stuff if possible if I get permission though. Hopefully.

[/quote']

The really strange thing is that it doesn't seem to happen to many other people? It's really weird... testing with uninstalling all my mods now to see if that helps. Hopefully... ;)

Edit: No. Didn't help. I still get the same problems, and I also made sure that my Data directory was clean after uninstalling. So, I guess the problem is with my face geometry then. Nothing to do about that.

Why YES. Yes it is possible.

Jammer and Cyanure (as part of the J/C pleasure Factory mod) included some gags (that I played with in nifskope a bit). The problem is' date=' they pulled the mod (although there's a link still somewhere on the forum) so I would barely even be comfortable posting the nifs.

[/quote']

I think my main problem with those gags was that they added a lot of piercings which isn't really my cup of tea. If one edits them, like you did, then we can use the edited versions, I hope.

It will be up to someone else to create different equippable versions of the gags because I am one lazy bastard.

I can create the new versions if needed.