Install Beautiful People - A Guide To Setting Up Beautiful People & Modular BP

Status update for Rogue13. Thank you!

Everything is working fine now with a few exceptions. There are only two issues that need resolving:

1) I need to eliminate the faceless character models from the game so they get replaced with character models that have faces.

2) Get some of the XEO along with the blue/silver argonian working. Half of the XEO mods work and the other half don't. I was looking forward to playing an aquatic elf again but they're messed up.

Overall though, they're minor issues and I'm not looking to figure them out right now. Thank you all for your assistance!

Edit: Okay nevermind, I just restart the game and the emperor along with the two male soldiers lack a face. I figured the best way to fix this is to delete the meshes and textures causing the issue so the game would only use the one's available. But since the game has been modded so many times, I'm not able to pick out which files need to stay and which files can be deleted. Anybody know a quick fix solution?

Wavent:

Did you do the following:

1)Download and install xeosp v1

2a)Delete Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\XEOM folder

2b)Delete Oblivion\Data\Textures\XEOT folder

2c)Delete xeox.esp

3)Download and install xeosp++.bsa archive to your Oblivion/Data folder

4)In OBMM set archive invalidation to BSA alteration, check everything like on the picture below, click on "Remove BSA Edits" and on "Update Now"

5)Install textures/meshes update from 17.05.2011

6)Install xeosp++.esp files

A lot of people forget to delete the folders/files as well as archive invalidating.

Why do you have XeoRace.esm? If you need this then move it above the other Xeo.esm file (remember in cases of conflict - whoever is lower in the load order wins).

I've done those steps several times. The only step I can't do is the fifth because there's no updated link to the new textures/meshes.

You didn't look in the second spoiler (labeled alternative links)

I will post them here for your convience:

Mesh/Textures update: http://www.mediafire.com/?uhn1epnonf17vje

Esp update: http://www.mediafire.com/?29288n833olwo4r

Archive invalidate after installing these so everything is set and start a new game. Clean save "may" work but is not guaranteed.

Oh that was the file? I already have both of those, I thought the texture update was referring to something different.

So when I invalidate archive, do I keep the same settings as I did before, use Remove BSA edits, then update? Or do I do it a different way?

• 2 weeks later...

As per your instructions greg here is my load order 1 thing has changed i have the mbp ++x117 aio omod but other than that its the same as before

Active Mod Files:

• 00 Oblivion.esm

• 01 Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm

• 02 x117race.esm

• 03 Chanpon.esm

• 04 xeosp++.esp

• 05 Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.4.1]

• 06 DLCShiveringIsles.esp

• 07 Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp [Version 1.5.0]

• 08 DLCHorseArmor.esp

• 09 DLCOrrery.esp

• 0A DLCThievesDen.esp

• 0B DLCFrostcrag.esp

• 0C DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.6]

• 0D Knights.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp

• 0E Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged RoseSims Hair Modules.esp

• ++ x117 Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed CustomRace.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves.esp

• 0F Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Ashara's Sirens and Tritons.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Cute Elves.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Nec Mystic High Elf Remake.esp

• 10 Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed ENG Race.esp

• 11 x117race.esp

• ++ x117Race ENG Race.esp

• 12 Lop-ears Elf.esp

• 13 Bashed Patch, 0.esp

• 14 DiabloEF 6 in 1.esp

• 15 Lop-ears Elf_mini.esp

Sammy,

Redo your load order to match the below (and don't forget to rebuild your bashed patch too!):

• 00 Oblivion.esm

• 01 Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm

• 02 x117race.esm

• 03 Chanpon.esm

• 05 Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.4.1]

• 06 DLCShiveringIsles.esp

• 07 Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp [Version 1.5.0]

• 08 DLCHorseArmor.esp

• 09 DLCOrrery.esp

• 0A DLCThievesDen.esp

• 0B DLCFrostcrag.esp

• 0C DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.6]

• 0D Knights.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp

• 0E Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged RoseSims Hair Modules.esp

• ++ x117 Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed CustomRace.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Cute Elves.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Nec Mystic High Elf Remake.esp

• 10 Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp

• ++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed ENG Race.esp

• 11 x117race.esp

• ++ x117Race ENG Race.esp

• 12 Lop-ears Elf.esp or • 15 Lop-ears Elf_mini.esp <----choose one or the other not both

• 14 DiabloEF 6 in 1.esp

• 0F Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Ashara's Sirens and Tritons.esp

• 13 Bashed Patch, 0.esp

• 04 xeosp++.esp

Start a new game to test with the above load order and see if this works for you. If a new game works fine then you can try cleaning your existing saves to see if you can salvage them.

some thing is officially fubar i started a gem with only oblivion and si still crashes so i have to re install again T.T

Well. it can indeed happen :(

I recommend uninstalling completely and then installing oblivion with the dlc and patches, then making a backup of your entire game folder before installing any mods.

Then install UOP. Archive invalidate via bsa redirection then test that oblivion starts and runs properly. Make a second backup.

Then install MBP/x117/MBP++. Archive invalidate via bsa redirection and test with a new game. If all is working make a backup (you can replace the UOP backup with this one if you have limited HD space).

Then install XeoSP v1 per the instructions in that thread and then install XeoSP++. Archive invalidate via bsa redirection. Then test that all is working properly. If working properly then make a backup (you can replace the MBP backup with this one if you have limited HD space).

This should be your pattern and if you use it you can quickly recover from a bad install or mod that freaks things out with minimum effort on your part.

As to the MBP/x117/MBP++ I recommend installing one of the All In One OMOD's as it really makes the whole thing quite simple.

The one I personally use that is older is this one: http://www.4shared.com/file/YIiGYrCl/MBP14aFullMBP094ax117078allin1.html

While it is an older version it seems to play everything so I have not bothered to update it.........don't fix what isn't broken...:)k

You can also install the one that Prophour made or the one that Cyb3r made as they contain all the latest and greatest files.

The links and instructions for Xeo are in the OP: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=13

After all the above is working then make a new backup and this should be your permanent backup. If things go wrong on you then you can always fall back to this backup. You can compress it (or any of the others) to save HD space via 7zip or WinZip or RaR

i know i use this process when i re-install my computer likes to run defrag operations when its idle for a bit and that slows me down

the other reason i made the sad face is because somewhere between the uop and xeo crap goes to the fan ive had to reinstall 6 times in the last 2 days

edit its the mbp aio i was using that's messing me up

i know i use this process when i re-install my computer likes to run defrag operations when its idle for a bit and that slows me down

the other reason i made the sad face is because somewhere between the uop and xeo crap goes to the fan ive had to reinstall 6 times in the last 2 days

That truly sucks. :(

If you are making incremental backups however after installing each mod then you should be able to recover without reinstalling. You just erase your data file and dump the backup back in the oblivion directory and go from there.

I am it just takes a bit because of the defrag thing ive discovered as i stated in the edit of my last post that the mbp++ x117 aio that I had been using was the culprit so I am downloading the one you use and trying again we will find out if that fixes this part in about 2 hours my net is very slow

EDIT I get an error saying that the core directory cant be accessed when using the one you posted greg so hopefully prophor's is till up >.<

I am it just takes a bit because of the defrag thing ive discovered as i stated in the edit of my last post that the mbp++ x117 aio that I had been using was the culprit so I am downloading the one you use and trying again we will find out if that fixes this part in about 2 hours my net is very slow

EDIT I get an error saying that the core directory cant be accessed when using the one you posted greg so hopefully prophor's is till up >.<

The link I posted is to an omod file that you should just be able to double click on it and it will open up through OBMM. Then you need to activate it and let it do the rest.

Is this what you did? If so at what point did you get the error?

The link I posted is to an omod file that you should just be able to double click on it and it will open up through OBMM. Then you need to activate it and let it do the rest.

Is this what you did? If so at what point did you get the error?

after the double click part obmm opens sits there for about 4 minutes the the error message pops up. however this isn't an issue anymore I got the version that prophour made finaly, and it works with out a hitch. so now I'm on to xeo, also since we are on the subject the bsa link in the op of the xeo thread is dead Google trans of the dl page says its been removed for unsuitable content I have to use the 3 part file found in post 675 just fyi

• 1 month later...
Guest xpariah32

For some reason, all of the vanilla races are still vanilla for me :(.

Despite having the "Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Races.esp" activated, and being ordered after any mods that would conflict (like Colourwheel's Sexy Oblivion Overhaul), all of the vanillas are still their own pasty selves.

Should I post my load order? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

Guest xpariah32

xpariah32' date=' you have not archive invalidated via bsa redirection and until you do the changes to vanilla won't happen.

Link for how to do so: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php/Oblivion_Mods_FAQ#Archive_Invalidation

[/quote']

Somehow, it's not working as well. I did the archive invalidation via OBMM, and it didn't work. So then I tried downloading the "Archive Invalidation Invalidated!" mod from the nexus, but it didn't work as well. I may have messed up something with the install. I made all three of the MBP's .omods in OBMM. Was I not supposed to do so for one of them?

All three MBP's? I thought there were only two....? Beautiful People 2ch edition and Modular Beautiful People ++.

Converting to OMOD's won't hurt anything, provided you installed things in the right order.

As to the MBP vanilla race deal: It probably is going to have to be at the very bottom of your load order. You don't still have XeoSP++ do you? Did you rebuild your bashed patch after installing MBP vanilla races?

Post your load order so I can see what you have going.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got a little problem with step 3 in this tutorial:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/japaneseoption.jpg/

Does this say, that the OMOD of MBP wants to install body replacers?

If I click yes, I only get the option of Roberts Male v4 and an unknown version of HGEC.

But I already installed the latest version of Roberts Male Body Replacer and HGEC ..

Or does it say: If you've already got body replacers installed click yes and tell me which type of body replacers?

hm after installing Ozmo's High Res Texture Pack and playing around with the 'showracemenu' I noticed that his textures do not apply to all races added by MBP. And that I get visible seamlines between head and bodies (even with races supported by the pack e.g. Rens Mystic Elves), not to speak of low res textures for all races not supported by Ozmo's texture pack.

So I have to ask: Is there a complete High Res Texture Pack für MBP++?

Would it help to install XEOSP++ to further increase the eye candy?