SexLab Light SE Development Thread - OLD

vinfamy

So if the Framework Light is almost done. What's the plan for things like Defeat, Amorous Adventures, etc to work with it? Don't they have to redo their MCM items and items that are dependent on SKSE?

Up to the authors. Excluding redoing the MCM, most Sexlab mods can be ported with a bit effort and a few hours of the original authors' time.

AA should be an easy port. Most likely involves nothing more than FoxFingers resaving the esp in SE format. Up to him of course.

Defeat will be more complicated as the MCM is big and it does use SkSE directly. But nothing that Goubo can't handle I think, provided that he's actually interested in a port at all

Could you post GIFs of the animations if possible? Great work, can't wait for the release.

They're just the same as Oldrim: Sexlab default anims + MNC + M2M + SlAl packs by Leito, funnyBiz, Nibbles, Anubs and Billyy.

I am guessing Horny Creatures of Skyrim is not going to be in the first release? I mean, if that's the case, that is totally understandable since it is more of a niche pack, and it might require extra effort to implement. Focus on getting a functional core first. I do hope to see creature on creature animations in SSE someday, but that requires getting SexLab into SSE first. Keep up the amazing work, and thank you! So much effort, it's really appreciated! 

I am guessing Horny Creatures of Skyrim is not going to be in the first release? I mean, if that's the case, that is totally understandable since it is more of a niche pack, and it might require extra effort to implement. Focus on getting a functional core first. I do hope to see creature on creature animations in SSE someday, but that requires getting SexLab into SSE first. Keep up the amazing work, and thank you! So much effort, it's really appreciated! 

Yeah, it's a niche that I will be happy to provide support for eventually. It's just that if I try to take care of each and everyone's kinks in the first version, the first version will probably never get to be released :)

There's some female creature stuffs included though. They're mostly FunnyBiz animations

There's some female creature stuffs included though. They're mostly FunnyBiz animations

I never knew FunnyBiz HAD creature animations; I just checked them out, and some of them are really nice! I thought he/she only did necro animations. I'm glad that I'll have the chance to play with these animations for the first time in SSE. I'm even more hyped now. 

Yeah, it's a niche that I will be happy to provide support for eventually. It's just that if I try to take care of each and everyone's kinks in the first version, the first version will probably never get to be released :)

yeh way to many requests..

yeh way to many requests..

I actually appreciate all the requests though. It's just that they need to be addressed over multiple updates, and it's not wise to try to fit everything in the first version. Getting the first beta version out with no major bugs and the key functionality so that people can start testing with MatchMaker and Oldrim SexLab modders can start looking into porting is the priority right now. All the other fancy stuffs and catering to more specialty kinks  can be done over time.

Update: just had a light-bulb moment on how to implement an alternative to the hotkey controls system (ie space for next stage, O to change animation, etc) which I initially dismissed as impossible without SKSE's keypress functions. We'll see if I can get that to work ...

What about the zaz animation pack? that is the base for many of the mods I use. would that be easy to port?

I'm a bit confused with what's going on between ZAP and DD, so I stay away from bondage for the first version. The animations from ZAZ can be added no problem, but the framework part of it (which I'm not sure if DD is even using anymore?) i never looked into in much detail.

Not sure if the DD modders are interested at all in SSE

If they are looking into SSE, I suspect Kimy would have given me an idea of what they'll need from SexLab Light SE. So I imagine it's prob not their priority right now

So they may wind up waiting for SKSE64 to release?

Well, I don't think they're waiting for SKSE64. They didn't wait for or use F4SE at all for DD FO4. They probably simply have too much on their plate right now. Or they might just not be interested in SSE at all, which is totally within their rights.

vinfamy is probably right about them not waiting. No use in waiting for anything if you want something. The point is to try and make it. I'm not waiting for HDT. I'm trying to get my animation program at the moment to work with Groovtama skelly and hook it to the converted mesh for the fembody. I'm looking into creating a new bone for female geniez... But first have to figure out how to attach this skelly to the mesh so I can get the limbs to move. I'm using Blender 3D since I don't have access to 3D studio max 2012 at the moment. I know Cherryhotaling animations work with the body outside of HDT with her first body jiggle mod. I'm seeing if I can replicated it for SSE, but with a few different bones with outside animations which hook onto them during gameplay.  

vinfamy is probably right about them not waiting. No use in waiting for anything if you want something. The point is to try and make it. I'm not waiting for HDT. I'm trying to get my animation program at the moment to work with Groovtama skelly and hook it to the converted mesh for the fembody. I'm looking into creating a new bone for female geniez... But first have to figure out how to attach this skelly to the mesh so I can get the limbs to move. I'm using Blender 3D since I don't have access to 3D studio max 2012 at the moment. I know Cherryhotaling animations work with the body outside of HDT with her first body jiggle mod. I'm seeing if I can replicated it for SSE, but with a few different bones with outside animations which hook onto them during gameplay.  

The problem with the Cherryholatling is that it hooks into some of the cloth physics so that's a little problematic with a more advanced skeleton.

Are you sure the values for those are compatible as last I checked, they were a little out...

The problem with the Cherryholatling is that it hooks into some of the cloth physics so that's a little problematic with a more advanced skeleton.

Are you sure the values for those are compatible as last I checked, they were a little out...

I've tested the conversion with SSE and it doesn't actually hook into clothes physics from my understanding. I haven't seen that problem yet, but I've just started it. I'm trying to figure out how to use Groovtama's Skelly, but create animations like Cherryhotalings setup with the more advance skelly form.

You can convert the mod yourself and test it. The breasts bounce, but only with clothing off. However, I've not yet tried to make it work with clothing physics on... If we could get more testers. We might see if that is an issue and work around it. 

However, I haven't seen any issue with it yet with my own testing.

As for animations. I'm looking to see if I can expand upon Cherry's animations with my own and create a whole new set specifically for the geniez of the fembody with a new bone and wiggles for the buns and tits. 

I'm still at step one where I'm trying to get the skeleton to combine with the mesh in blendz... I'm experimenting with oldrim skelly first and will work my way to groovtama's advance skelly. 

Question. Does anyone know if Groovtama's Skelly has wing bones and two tail bones? Along with the center sticking out or does groovtama's skeleton just like oldrim's skeleon with just a few extra add-ons? 

Update: Implemented a small but functional MCM (only 11 most important customization options for now) and In-Scene Controls system, the latter being another pleasant surprise :) (control menu brought up using a Favorite hotkey of your choice)  . Also eliminated any previous (even harmless) errors and warnings in Papyrus logs that have been seen in my setup.

Pretty much the only thing left now is to implement an alternative to the hooks system for modders (these are used mainly if the modder wants to follow up the end of sex with something from their side). In any case, well on track for this weekend's release.

post-1091843-0-08070700-1503924610_thumb.jpg

post-1091843-0-19985300-1503924611_thumb.jpg

Update: Implemented a small but functional MCM (only 11 most important customization options for now) and In-Scene Controls system, the latter being another pleasant surprise :) (control menu brought up using a Favorite hotkey of your choice)  . Also eliminated any previous (even harmless) errors and warnings in Papyrus logs that have been seen in my setup.

Pretty much the only thing left now is to implement an alternative to the hooks system for modders (these are used mainly if the modder wants to follow up the end of sex with something from their side). In any case, well on track for this weekend's release.

Will your mods be ported to SSE (SL Drunk  and SL Privacy) ? :)

Excuse my  English, I use a translator. :)

Will your mods be ported to SSE (SL Drunk  and SL Privacy) ? :)

Excuse my  English, I use a translator. :)

I would probably redux Drunk before doing that. The current code in Drunk, on hindsight, isn't that well-written

Privacy won't need to be ported. I'm planning a much better system with furniture support to be integrated into SexLab Light SE itself.

Dovahkiin's Infamy will probably be ported after the next update (adding 6-8 quests). Kidnapped is likely to be the first ported, after I address any bugs in the Oldrim version.

Porting my own mods to SSE won't be the priority though. MatchMaker SE will be released at the same time as SexLab Light SE 0.1.0, so that's good enough for user testing for now. I want to make sure that the framework itself gets into a state where everyone else has everything they need to start porting their mods first, before worrying about porting my own. Frankly, subject to interest by the original authors, getting the influential mods like Defeat, SD+, Devious Devices, Aroused Rdx, Amorous, etc onto SSE is far more important to the SSE adult modding scene than me porting Kidnapped or Drunk. So after the first version is released, my next priority would be addressing any bugs, responding to requests from modders who are trying to port, and implement things like creature schlongs, furniture and animated objects. 

Update: I'm delighted to confirm that the Oldrim SexLab versions of both Amorous Adventures and SexLab Solutions will work straight away with SexLab Light SE - no need for any patches, resaving the esp or doing anything special - all you'll need to do this weekend is literally install their Oldrim versions in SSE along with SexLab Light SE - and voila. Seems like my effort to keep SexLab API intact isn't for nothing. :)

On paper, this will be the case (just plug Oldrim version into SSE with SexLab Light SE and play) for every single SexLab mods that don't use the hook system. Off the top of my head, I thought about those two so I tested them successfully. I'm now asking the contributors for more suggestions of mods that will work right out of the box with SexLab Light SE. It would be a perfect start if SexLab Light SE gets released this weekend already with a big list of well-known SexLab mods working with it right away.

Which is still over LoversLab's 100 mb limit of course. Any suggestions on which host to upload to? I don't mind uploading to a few different hosts. Mega.nz ? What else

Definitly Mega. It has really good speed for free users, Google drive sometimes asks me for an account, sometimes it doesn't... not sure why. 

Update: I'm delighted to confirm that the Oldrim SexLab versions of both Amorous Adventures and SexLab Solutions will work straight away with SexLab Light SE - no need for any patches, resaving the esp or doing anything special - all you'll need to do this weekend is literally install their Oldrim versions in SSE along with SexLab Light SE - and voila. Seems like my effort to keep SexLab API intact isn't for nothing. :)

On paper, this will be the case (just plug Oldrim version into SSE with SexLab Light SE and play) for every single SexLab mods that don't use the hook system. Off the top of my head, I thought about those two so I tested them successfully. I'm now asking the contributors for more suggestions of mods that will work right out of the box with SexLab Light SE. It would be a perfect start if SexLab Light SE gets released this weekend already with a big list of well-known SexLab mods working with it right away.

That would be fantastic if we could get a list of sexlab mods that will work without conversion so we can dig in and start playing without worrying about having an SKSE dependency bring that playthrough to a halt unexpectedly.  In any case, I'm off next week so now I know what I'll be doing all week :)

Archived