SexLab Light SE Development Thread - OLD

vinfamy

Vinfamy... Could you make the menu a dragon shout?... I've noticed it's much easier and doesn't clutter as much if you can put it in the shout menu. Frostfall, campfire, immersive armors and even flowergirls keeps it in the shout menu. It's just easier to do and you don't have to worry about carrying around and extra item like a book or a potion. 

I think the perfect solution would be a book menu that once configured you could then store the book on a book shelf and forget about it and not have it cluttering your inventory. Shouts would of coarse be better for those mods that have to be equiped/activated before you can do something.

The MCM in oldrim has become a bloated mess of mostly needless configuration options. I hope SSE takes a different approach to this. It's been nice so far SE having mod authors take extra time on the default configuration of there mods and keep configuration to a minimum. I installed ASLAL so I could roll up a character and jump in the game quick to test something, but that was often foiled by having to spend 15-20 minutes fiddling around with the MCM.

Unlike Oldrim where you have to go into the MCM to install SexLab, then go in again to enable Creatures, SexLab Light SE will initialize itself automatically and load all the animations when installed on a save and the default settings will be the most optimized performance-wise and work for the vast majority of people. The MCM is purely for customizations and a lot of users wouldn't even need to touch it.

The users that are more likely to even need to touch the MCM at all will be people playing futa characters, want creature-on-creature stuffs (that won't be in the first release anyway), etc. Most will be fine with the default settings.

Update: All of Leito's SLAL animations are now in. 4 json's translated into Papyrus - 20 to go ... :wacko: By the end of this, my keyboard will probably have learned how to 'Ctrl + C' and 'Ctrl + V' by itself ... 

Edit: 6 translated (Anub's animations done), 18 to go

Update: Got animation tagging to work without SKSE64 and PapyrusUtil. A pleasant surprise this, I previously expected this to be potentially impossible. Quite important as a few SexLab mod authors do prefer to pick specific animations using tags so less work for them to convert to SSE. Also good for that "Pre-sex Foreplay" MCM option.

As I pretty much now have all the core functionality working, the plan for the next couple of days is to add all the animations I got permission for to the SexLab default animations (tedious copy-and-paste mostly), replace the hook system, then make a MCM menu without SkyUI, then finally clean up everything and do extra testing, ensuring no stack dumps etc. After all that, I can see a SexLab Light SE first beta release coming (v0.1.0):This weekend is probably too much of a rush, but probably next weekend (1 - 3 September). It will come out with a SSE version of MatchMaker too so that people can start testing right away. I may also write up a few documents on how to convert a Oldrim SexLab mod to SSE using SexLab Light SE.

By all that is holy, please back up everything you are doing so if bad where to happen you have something to rely on

Will this also include all MNC creatures'.... features?

And will we be able to use animation packs which don't use SLAL but still require enabling and registration via the MCM?

MNC animations will be in there. The creature schlong erection system won't be in the first version, but will be added eventually.

No external animation packs are possible at all without SKSE64, Papyrus simply can't load external files or send custom requests. If you want an animation pack, you'll have to request it to be added to SexLab Light SE's default animations

Update: Billy's SLAL animations added - that was a big json to translate! 7 json's translated - 17 to go

The current total added so far is 788 animations (342 human, 446 creature). By the time I'm done translating, SexLab Light SE 0.1.0 will probably  end up with easily 1,500+ animations, and after a future update where I add support for non-bed furniture and animated objects along with the animations using those (won't be in 0.1.0 yet), the final total of default animations will probably be 2,000+ - that should be plenty for anyone I think.

Thankfully, Skyrim SE is much more stable than Oldrim and I haven't experienced any crashes at all just because of so many custom animations registered with FNIS. Also, the animation files are much more space-efficient when converted into SSE hkx format, so all the files for those 2000+ animation only take up about 550 mb, zipped into about 200 mb.

Which is still over LoversLab's 100 mb limit of course. Any suggestions on which host to upload to? I don't mind uploading to a few different hosts. Mega.nz ? What else

Update: Billy's SLAL animations added - that was a big json to translate! 7 json's translated - 17 to go

The current total added so far is 788 animations (342 human, 446 creature). By the time I'm done translating, SexLab Light SE 0.1.0 will probably  end up with easily 1,500+ animations, and after a future update where I add support for non-bed furniture and animated objects along with the animations using those (won't be in 0.1.0 yet), the final total of default animations will probably be 2,000+ - that should be plenty for anyone I think.

Thankfully, Skyrim SE is much more stable than Oldrim and I haven't experienced any crashes at all just because of so many custom animations registered with FNIS. Also, the animation files are much more space-efficient when converted into SSE hkx format, so all the files for those 2000+ animation only take up about 550 mb, zipped into about 200 mb.

Which is still over LoversLab's 100 mb limit of course. Any suggestions on which host to upload to? I don't mind uploading to a few different hosts. Mega.nz ? What else

k2s.cc , but the download speeds when not paying are horrible. It is an option though ^_^

Mega.nz, Mediafire, Google Drive

That would do. Those three are probably the best.

Unless anyone else objects ...

Update: 17 json's translated (FunnyBiz stuff is now in there), 7 to go.

Are you testing with FlowerGirls installed also? Am obviously interested, simply because FG has over 1500 animations in the next patch (All of Leito's, SirNibbles, AnubiSs2167, M2M, and a few others). Obviously FG does not and will not be including any creature animations. If we take a ballpark figure of FG: 1500 and SL Light: 2000 whilst it is well within the FNIS animation limit, are you experiencing any particular problems at all?

In respect of the file size limit, could you not split the download into several rar's?

Are you testing with FlowerGirls installed also? Am obviously interested, simply because FG has over 1500 animations in the next patch (All of Leito's, SirNibbles, AnubiSs2167, M2M, and a few others). Obviously FG does not and will not be including any creature animations. If we take a ballpark figure of FG: 1500 and SL Light: 2000 whilst it is well within the FNIS animation limit, are you experiencing any particular problems at all?

In respect of the file size limit, could you not split the download into several rar's?

No, I don't have FlowerGirl installed. But zero problems with my 2000 animations.

Is your 1500 the number of animations (multiple stages) or the number of hkx files? Just to clarify ,my 2000 estimate is for multi-stage animations, so the number of hkx files (i.e. the figure reported in FNIS) is probably 6000 - 8000 'animations'. If your 1,500 is the number of hkx files, then adding 1,500 to 8000 probably wouldn't cause any problems

Yeah, I could split, but I prefer not to, will confuse some people. It's common practice here to use Mega for big mods anyway.

I could split, but I prefer not to, will confuse some people. It's common practice here to use Mega for big mods anyway.

For me, the biggest advantage of Mega is the high speed downloads, if I use my laptop I connect using 4g mobile broadband on the EE network and they claim speeds of up to 40 Mbits sec on average, which is the most I ever reach on most sites, but it downloads from Mega at up to 80 to 90 Mbits sec.

I have no idea how my download speeds more than double from Mega but I'm not complaining. :D

Mega.nz, Mediafire, Google Drive

That would do. Those three are probably the best.

Unless anyone else objects ...

Update: 17 json's translated (FunnyBiz stuff is now in there), 7 to go.

there is still Baidu the Chinese storage cloud thingy with insanely huge storage, just the internet safety issues tho...

Update: Done adding all the animations (i.e. translating their SLAL json's into Papyrus)  for SexLab Light SE 0.1.0 as its default animations. Ignore the previous number given (I did a find for the phrase "function" which doubles the count due to EndFunction) - the final total number of default animations for 0.1.0 is 803 animations (467 human, 336 creature), each with their numerous stages of course. Still plenty I think

Archived